[2020.05.28] Warspear Online 8.4: Underwater adventures. Release

Peony

seabattle_1200x630.png

Warriors of Arinar!

The long-awaited day is finally here, the update is coming to your Android, iOS, Windows, OS X and Linux devices, so that you can dive straight into the new mysteries of the underwater world! Just keep in mind that versions for various platforms may be delayed. However all changes will take effect only after the game is updated to version 8.4.0

The Mermen are ready to open new pages of the history of their people, as well  as test your strength in the struggle for the main underwater riches. The inhabitants of the sea believe in you, so don’t let them down and show the full power of your alliance!

More detailed information about what awaits you in the update is available in the developers’ diaries and in the announcement published earlier, and now we will tell you about the rewards and pleasant surprises.

Guild cup event “Trials of the Mermen”

This GvG-event consists of two stages, in which there is a confrontation between the guilds on the single-elimination system. At each stage, all participating guilds are distributed in twos and compete with each other. The choice of opponents will not be carried out in a random order, but with a maximum balance in order so that everyone has a chance to win. The winners of the first stage get the right to compete in the next stage.

Don’t forget that to receive the main reward, you will need to successfully complete both stages of the event. But even the losing team will get a participation prize.

All members of the guild of character level 20 or more that were present on the territory of the event stage completion for at least 10 seconds by the time of its successful completion.

The first stage

Winner:

• Sea Adventure buff
  • Mermen of the Depths reputation  - 400 points

Loser:

• Mermen of the Depths reputation  - 100 points

Sea Adventure buff allows the character to access the Lair of the Sea Tramps Dungeon on the Blissful Island for free.

24.gif

The second stage

Winner:

• Blessing of the Mermen buff
  • Mermen of the Depths reputation  - 800 points

Loser:

• Mermen of the Depths reputation  - 200 points

Blessing of the Mermen buff allows the character to unlock the entrance to the Mermen Sanctuary Dungeon.

38.gif

Please also keep in mind that Pearl City is special and protected territory by the ancient magic of the Mermen that prohibits any killing near the doors of the Temple. And if anyone’s blood spills, the magical charms will immediately punish everyone who risked starting a fight in the capital of the Mermen!

The minimum Guild level for event availability is 3.

Restart time: 2 times a week according to the schedule:

EU-Emerald - on Wednesday and Saturday at 17:00 CEST

US-Sapphire - on Thursday and Sunday at 04:00 CEST

BR-Tourmaline - on Thursday and Sunday at 02:00 CEST

SEA-Pearl - on Wednesday and Saturday at 16:00 CEST

RU-Amber - on Wednesday and Saturday at 18:00 CEST

RU-Topaz - on Wednesday and Saturday at 18:00 CEST

RU-Ruby - on Wednesday and Saturday at 18:00 CEST

Please also note that the schedule of the “Invasion Of Chaos” Guild tournament event will change. The current schedule can be found on the forum.

39.gif

Dungeon “Mermen’s Sanctuary”

A unique dungeon with one mythical difficulty awaits the best warriors! You must possess terrible power and an unbreakable spirit to surpass all the difficulties you will meet on the way to obtaining the truly heroic reward. Such feats will definitely be made into legends, so believe in yourself and onwards to treasures!

44.gif

A successful completion of the Dungeon can bring you:

- heroic armor of 32 level with unique set skills

- unique empower relics

- unity signs

- unique minions

- attack and defence spheres

- underwater potions and scrolls

- precious bars

As in all mythical dungeons, there are 2 rewards waiting for you at once: main + craft resources. But in addition to this, you can also get a Pirate Chest Key, as in the Sea Tramps’ Lair Dungeon, i.e. your bag may be 3 rewards at once!

But this is not all. In the Dungeon there is an additional reward for killing the mini-boss "Ghost of Decline", which is located in a separate room:

- Pirate Chest Key 

- unity signs

- minions

- catalysts, essences and substances

- precious bars

Recommended character level - 32.

To enter, you must have 5000 reputation units with the Mermen of the Depths faction.

Obtaining rewards in the Dungeon is not limited by character level.

34.gif

Castle “Sea Turtle”

The fort, located in the very heart of the V sector, definitely makes for the main place of power in the Ship Graveyard. Become the sole owner of the new Castle and get access to its incredible powers!

Please keep in mind the requirements for capturing the Castle:

minimum guild level: 7 (SEA-Pearl: 3)

number of participants for the attacking guild: 70

number of participants for the defending guild: 70

Also, with the opening of the Sea Turtle Castle, the frequency of captures will change and the Guild will be able to have its own fortress for as long as 5 weeks.

Additionally, with update 8.4, castles in I, II and III sectors of Ayvondil will have their parameters of scroll production in the Workshops changed: the time and cost of creating it will increase, but the amount of bonuses will increase too. If, as before, for example scrolls had one bonus, now there will be four, independently of the Castle.Their development cost will also change and the amount of resources needed will be updated for each Castle.

The first battle for the Castle will be on June 7. Are you ready for battle, warriors?

47.gif

Raid boss Orcinus

To defeat this ancient creature, try to first beat the spirit out of him! Because only after being left without his spectres he can fall by your weapons. But the magic of the ghosts will pass to the monster itself and only a coordinated team effort will help you in this battle. Be strong, else your bodies will add to the pile of bones in the darkest cave of the monster of the depths!

Defeating Orcinus will bring you the following rewards:

- Magic Extension book

- Orcinus costume

- unique empower relics

- new unique minions

- unity signs

- precious bars

And you will also get an additional reputation with the Mermen of the Depths faction for participating in the killing of this underwater beast.

Magic Extension book - increases the duration of positive effects from skills and relics applied to character by the percentage of the character's magic protection.

And remember that you can only set out for an underwater hunt for Orcinus once a day!

17.gif

Achievements

New peaks mean new victories! Travel through the territory of the Ship Graveyard, participate in underwater battles and earn additional Badges of Glory, opening even more achievements. More precisely, you will find as many as 14 new achievements, including 3 legendary ones!

Gifts

Mermen admire your courage and bravery! But the sea dwellers know all too well what difficulties are waiting for you, so they decided to send you special gifts. Each character from level 18 will receive the Book of Oblivion, 10 Oxygen Vials, 20 Courage Scrolls and 5 Life Scrolls. They are sure to help you in dangerous adventures in the Ship Graveyard!

Scaling the interface and game

Please note one important point: due to the new scaling tool, your current scale may change. However, do not worry, as everything can be re-customized in the Menu.

UI and game scale adjustment available for all the clients since 8.4.0 version on all the platforms. For iPhone X and its next models, "full-screen mode" is now also available in settings.

However, possibility to use filter to scaling Pixel art graphics has some technical restrictions:

• display size (width or height) – not less than 1024px
  • mobile devices – OpenGL ES 2.0 support ¹
  • PC or Mac – OpenGL ES 3.0 support

¹ Mobile GPU should support so-called highp precision for float computations. It's supported on all the iOS devices, and on most Android devices since version 6. Also could be available on some Android's version 4.4.

Other fixes

• Added passage through the chasm at the location near Albatross Harbor - now the Sentinels can go to Turtle Fort in a straight line
  • The Sea bums reputation due to an bug in the reward for the quest will have its value reset and the corresponding amount of the correct Thunderbird Pirates" reputation will be credited to players who have not gained it as a reward
  • Expanded the condition for activating the Descent into the grotto guild event - now taken the account of passage the Lair of Sea Tramps' Dungeon on all levels
  • Added bonuses to replenish health and energy in goods from the Caches of the Ship Graveyard
  • Increased drop chance of Pirate Chest Keys from the Caches of the Ship Graveyard
  • Changed the rules for going offline on temporary locations - now with a short disconnect your character will not immediately be thrown out of the Dungeons, as well as from the dedicated and GvG-territories of guild events
  • Fixed incorrect sorting of characters in GvG territories

In addition, after three days of testing, some expert skills were fixed. You can find the correct description of each skill in the updated preview.

Don't be afraid of big water and boldly join the battle!

AIGRIND

5 hours ago, Peony said:

Castle “Sea Turtle”

The fort, located in the very heart of the V sector, definitely makes for the main place of power in the Ship Graveyard. Become the sole owner of the new Castle and get access to its incredible powers!

Please keep in mind the requirements for capturing the Castle:

minimum guild level: 7 (SEA-Pearl: 3)

number of participants for the attacking guild: 70

number of participants for the defending guild: 70

Also, with the opening of the Sea Turtle Castle, the frequency of captures will change and the Guild will be able to have its own fortress for as long as 5 weeks.

Additionally, with update 8.4, castles in I, II and III sectors of Ayvondil will have their parameters of scroll production in the Workshops changed: the time and cost of creating it will increase, but the amount of bonuses will increase too. If, as before, for example scrolls had one bonus, now there will be four, independently of the Castle.Their development cost will also change and the amount of resources needed will be updated for each Castle.

will the castle capture be next week?

5 hours ago, Peony said:

If, as before, for example scrolls had one bonus, now there will be four, independently of the Castle.Their development cost will also change and the amount of resources needed will be updated for each Castle.

This is just incredible. Thanks for this. 

📢 Attention

The list of skills changed during the 3rd test process can be found here in a more detailed way

Seems like new gvg will be always the day after war. Can you finally do something about the resilience buff? That new dg is already very hard and I don't think resi will help there. 

5 hours ago, Peony said:

Raid boss Orcinus

To defeat this ancient creature, try to first beat the spirit out of him! Because only after being left without his spectres he can fall by your weapons. But the magic of the ghosts will pass to the monster itself and only a coordinated team effort will help you in this battle. Be strong, else your bodies will add to the pile of bones in the darkest cave of the monster of the depths!

Defeating Orcinus will bring you the following rewards:

- Magic Extension book

- Orcinus costume

- unique empower relics

- new unique minions

- unity signs

- precious bars

And you will also get an additional reputation with the Mermen of the Depths faction for participating in the killing of this underwater beast.

Magic Extension book - increases the duration of positive effects from skills and relics applied to character by the percentage of the character's magic protection.

And remember that you can only set out for an underwater hunt for Orcinus once a day!

download.jpg

55 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Seems like new gvg will be always the day after war. Can you finally do something about the resilience buff? That new dg is already very hard and I don't think resi will help there. 

The war system should deserve a complete update on its own... as well as Guild Tours. There's a lot of potential achievable from these 2 scenarios.

HP bar still too small, I suggest it to be like this  *Seriously, can you please diminish the size of this thing - Everything looks clean on large UI mode, except the huge HP bar - .

huge.PNG

Edited by Akasha
resizing image

I'm assuming this is the first time dungeons are locked behind PvP events, so is the goal to force PvE players to collect & amp arena gear or just an attempt to bridge the gap between PvE & PvP communities ingame?

Genuinely curious, because guilds were specifically recruiting PvP players since the preview post.

The duration of silence from priest's new skill is not as it is mentioned in the description. I'm getting 2-3sec silence at 4/4 which is incorrect.

Edited by Elwinoa
type mistake

Maybe I'll come visit when I have 900magic power and high defence. But that's never gonna happen lol

11 hours ago, Rayotenper said:

Me: *goes to turtle fort*

Me: *gets killed by a seeker near the port*

Also me: *gets killed by the same seeker when i'm about to quest*

i don't see the joke

normal mmorpg with war mehanics in a nutshell

so how does this gvg work? Is it guild vs guild and just fastest guild in the server wins, or there is many guilds participating each other as 1 guild vs 1 and there can be multiple winners?

35 minutes ago, Lyzoic said:

so how does this gvg work? Is it guild vs guild and just fastest guild in the server wins, or there is many guilds participating each other as 1 guild vs 1 and there can be multiple winners?

Multiple winners. It's 1 guild vs 1 guild. High level guilds can't meet low lvl guilds also.

2 minutes ago, Zilvinas Zavis said:

Why cant i see any drops from easy/med/hard/hero garden dgs? Same with tlaloc dgs (havent checked tree dg)? Is it a bug? Or these dgs dont drop anything now lel? 

Screenshot_20200529-181541.jpg

Have you updated the game to the latest version? 

UPD: yea I confirm. Drops from easy-normal-hard-heroic can't be seen nor they appear in any kind of form. 

4 minutes ago, Zilvinas Zavis said:

I did. Downloaded update from google play too. Does it show drops for you?

It shows drops for me. Make sure it says 8.4 in the top left corner in the login screen.

1 minute ago, Zilvinas Zavis said:

It shows 8.4 but doesnt show drops lmao :Dddd

Try to chance the UI/game scale. Maybe it has something to do with that.

2 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Try to chance the UI/game scale. Maybe it has something to do with that.

The thing is that it shows mythical drops as it should but not other. And also its shows techno drops from all levels. And changing scales doesnt help sadly

41 minutes ago, Zilvinas Zavis said:

Why cant i see any drops from easy/med/hard/hero garden dgs? Same with tlaloc dgs (havent checked tree dg)? Is it a bug? Or these dgs dont drop anything now lel? 

the game wont show u the drops of the dungeon if you cant loot from it

On 5/28/2020 at 4:13 PM, DoctorStrange said:

Quick question so there is only one difficultly level of this dungeon and merman rep required to enter the dg is 5k? Not 35k?

Hello? 

4 hours ago, DoctorStrange said:

Hello? 

Yes, only 1 and it needs 5k mermen rep to enter as said on the post

18 hours ago, Zilvinas Zavis said:

Wait, you mean to tell me that even a lvl32 can get drops from easy/normal/hard Garden dungeon? That's odd I don't remember that being a thing.