Jump to content

Unpopular Opinion: Ability to self-cast Sacred Shield


Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, Shoujo said:

if you are like me who prefer the pve part of the game you know it’s not like they say; "ho my god the shield is very strong it absorbs up to 10k hp" but it doesn't mean that the shield will last until it absorbs all this damage, in the pve solo part the self-launched shield would be much better and in the pvp 1v1 question as the gladiator said it would effective but currently in 2v1 I’m not sure because the solar seal no longer works.

Let's be realistic, most paladins hp are 5k to almost 7k or barely over 7k. Have 10k hp is if the paladin equip with crafted gear. Remember, pala base hp is low for a tank class.

Link to post
Share on other sites

10k hp paladin does not mean 10k hp shield, just fyi, I see this misconception thrown around a lot.

Just like paladin's prayer, shield only works on BASE HP, so throwing craft gear or 15% HP buffs or whatever does jack all to the shield.

And like every paladin main knows, we have low base HP, therefore 100% of it to shield is not as gamebreaking as it seems to be. 

 

What was mentioned earlier which was to split pala shields HP to 50% when casted on another person to also shield yourself is a bad idea, taking my first two lines in consideration.

Link to post
Share on other sites

as I was saying you have to develop and look at this side of the paladin I know that nogo is pvp but not everyone likes pvp a lot as I just quw know about pvpe kkk as I mentioned in previous topics the lackey was to revive after death as a normal monster the shield was for possible spear in the visor and the aura needs urgently if modified I don't know how you are going to do it or you can follow my suggestion of cause debuf in monsters you want for the paladin farma he has rune of vampirism it takes a long time to get and in the store and infraction is huge and in the envoys no and as if always doprase in all Dg and difficult I got pt many don't like to do pt with low and others just do pt if they pay for it and another just likes to go hard way do not enjoy going easy or normal way to help someone quest why not profit and spend vigot of exploited the sacred shield was going to help a little I already spent a lot of money on this game to stay full tou left upa to wait halowe and cons eguir some vapirica runes but fundamentally I do not even know if I will get the pt when I had it online you could improve the dg of other maps do not need to improve the heroic and mythical but the normal and difficult easy that is usually necessary in some Missions thanks for foresight and the reason I thought I had the right to complain and that I spent money on this game to buy the spaces For new now I got the gold and bought all the new ones for my lv 20 visor but my shield duck me and vampirism not on miraculous canvas of the purchase and lackey the rival faction always kills I asked for the motivation of for money in that game I came that does not buy kkk

Link to post
Share on other sites

the game doesn’t help ok releases at least one simple minion for general for free I don’t have as it maintains Exclusive minion mc always kills and quick mission minion that ends the time want a free minion at least since you don’t want to modify the shield or aura type activated aura can use the shield on yourself but do what right

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Railson Almeida said:

the game doesn’t help ok releases at least one simple minion for general for free I don’t have as it maintains Exclusive minion mc always kills and quick mission minion that ends the time want a free minion at least since you don’t want to modify the shield or aura type activated aura can use the shield on yourself but do what right

What? Do you want Paladin to summon a minion?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Hourai said:

What was mentioned earlier which was to split pala shields HP to 50% when casted on another person to also shield yourself is a bad idea, taking my first two lines in consideration.

Or increase the cd so its not used as often

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Hourai said:

10k hp paladin does not mean 10k hp shield, just fyi, I see this misconception thrown around a lot.

Just like paladin's prayer, shield only works on BASE HP, so throwing craft gear or 15% HP buffs or whatever does jack all to the shield.

And like every paladin main knows, we have low base HP, therefore 100% of it to shield is not as gamebreaking as it seems to be. 

No, it does calculate total max HP including all sorts of buffs unlike Harad Prayer. But:

I wanna reiterate what Zeus said and why this 10k HP shield is misleading. First of all 10k is waaayy above average, the average is between 6-7k.

So if Paladin has 7k HP, the shield will absorb 7k damage as if the Paladin had 0% def and resilience. So basically 3 hits from a bladedancer (their damage being over 2,5k-3k on 0 def). If the BD hits the Paladin 1.5k in normal situations, that means it's actually absorbed not more than 4.5k dmg (1.5k x 3 hits).

Suddenly the 7k becomes 4k, and even when we say 10k HP shield, it actually absorbs around 6k from what the Paladin would have received.

Still very strong relative to other shields, but not 10k HP, and will never be 25k HP.

 

Edited by Gladiator
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Gladiator said:

and will never be 25k HP.

 

My 25k was a random number thrown as a calculation of the total ammount of damage you should deal to the Paladin to kill him, should this be capable to self cast a shield with the same strenght of the current one. Don't take it as a flat and proved number, rather than a number given by 2 casted shields in a fight, combined with healing skills and Prayer and a paladin with 8k flat Hps. I'm not saying to nerf the shield, I'm saying that a buff to this skill, taking into account all of the things previously said, is not justified whatsoever, unless the shield self castable is just a common shield (necro/priest alike) and/or general statistics of this skill are reviewed and modified. 

 

Edited by Higgings
Added and Removed some parts
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Khrone said:

What? Do you want Paladin to summon a minion?

got it wrong friend was wrong friend was talking about a cheap footman in the store so that the player can buy an almost useless one but that serves for his shield and paladin and another paladin does not summon a footman at most if one day the developers put him in he will summon a sword or holy hammer that can use as a weapon or some angels and if you develop fisseses that on the same day the dk ia can summon some undead to fight by your side everything has a balance so I was only wanting a shield that I could use on myself or a cheap footman very cheap does anyone have the topic link for game translation

Edited by Railson Almeida
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Railson Almeida said:

got it wrong friend was wrong friend was talking about a cheap footman in the store so that the player can buy an almost useless one but that serves for his shield and paladin and another paladin does not summon a footman at most if one day the developers put him in he will summon a sword or holy hammer that can use as a weapon or some angels and if you develop fisseses that on the same day the dk ia can summon some undead to fight by your side everything has a balance so I was only wanting a shield that I could use on myself or a cheap footman very cheap does anyone have the topic link for game translation

Well... that sounds like a minion to me

Link to post
Share on other sites

Make this skill self cast only maybe. That sounds like a reasonable solution to both sides. 

 

It increases your tanking capabilities as a character and doesn't make it too over powered with allies which I personally think it is atm. 

 

P. S: I think you should appreciate higgs actively debating ideas. @ GladiatorThis thread was honestly an unpopular opinion that no one would take a second glance at as the title suggests, but you guys debating your POVs have turned some heads to say the least. 😛

Edited by TheCaster
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

P. S : I think you should appreciate higgs actively debating ideas. @GladiatorThis thread was honestly an unpopular opinion as the title suggests, but you guys debating your POVs have turned some heads to say the least. 😛

Oh for sure, this is probably became the ''most popular'' topic I've made, ironically.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen I was bored and I wanted to start a controversial topic to re-ignite good ol' forum discussions.

Do I NEED the shield to be self-castable? No. Do I really want it for me? No

It'd be really boring to be THAT good at playing Paladin and have that shield on yourself.

 

 

Like imagine broken BD partner being afk, and you're going against 2 broken bds and 1 pala. And still managing to steal the seal?

Broken classes fiasco.mkv

There are some MLG pro 200 IQ plays in this vid, viewer discretion is advised.

Like really.. Really boring :teehee-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Edited by Gladiator
Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, TheCaster said:

P. S: I think you should appreciate higgs actively debating ideas. @ GladiatorThis thread was honestly an unpopular opinion that no one would take a second glance at as the title suggests, but you guys debating your POVs have turned some heads to say the least. 😛

 

I appreciate those ones who try to build up arguments and enforce them with valid points. I always loved to have dialogues, as they are, in my opinion, a sign of maturity. I'm glad to have found someone who is at least as intetested as me to reply to every single post (coherently). 

25 minutes ago, Lalution said:

Topic title: "unpopular opinion"

 

Same topic: * 4 pages of discussion *

 

This being said, you're welcome xd

 

[joke]

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Khrone said:

Bruh

Thats counting the bds fero

 

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

I appreciate those ones who try to build up arguments and enforce them with valid points.

Ty :advise:

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...