Unpopular Opinion: Ability to self-cast Sacred Shield

Gladiator

55 minutes ago, Higgings said:

You are giving this class skills basing on another game... it makes sense now why of this reasonament of yours. A little advice: base your ideas and reasonments in this existing game, and not from other skills on other games. 

forgive him I also play Paladin bad to relive this is too much it really is better to leave it to the priests the only thing the paladin needs (currently) is a slight improvement in the inner strength skills such as sun seal and lighting have become obsolete and with so many moans soon the sacred shield too.

Edited by Higgings
Removed the foul language - unnecessary part

56 minutes ago, Higgings said:

You are giving this class skills basing on another game... it makes sense now why of this reasonament of yours. A little advice: base your ideas and reasonments in this existing game, and not from other skills on other games. 

come on follow your reasoning tell me a reason why a paladin can't resurrect following the game's standards and the sacred shield can't be used on himself and the aura doesn't debuf mobs or becomes a passive skill for good

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Even yours will tell you that the paladin is not a healer, but you must not forget that right when you create an account, the blue bar of the surpote appears, showing that his suporter is very cool, not as tall as the sacedoter

2what for me has no feeling and the Necromate revives allies at most he should temporarily revive as the living dead except if the ally is an outcast because necromacia fundamentally is not an art of reviving the living dead at most it transforms the dead and the living dead

Edited by Railson Almeida

1 hour ago, Railson Almeida said:

come on follow your reasoning tell me a reason why a paladin can't resurrect following the game's standards and the sacred shield can't be used on himself and the aura doesn't debuf mobs or becomes a passive skill for good

paladin cannot resurrect because it is a tank, not a pure healer like priest and necro and if paladin would be able to resurrect then why not death knight because both are tanks from same faction as a class with revive skill and both can benefit from magic. as for sacred shield and aura, idk... game mechanics that are decided to be the way they are for now

1 hour ago, Railson Almeida said:

Even yours will tell you that the paladin is not a healer, but you must not forget that right when you create an account, the blue bar of the surpote appears, showing that his suporter is very cool, not as tall as the sacedoter

2what for me has no feeling and the Necromate revives allies at most he should temporarily revive as the living dead except if the ally is an outcast because necromacia fundamentally is not an art of reviving the living dead at most it transforms the dead and the living dead

all primary healers have atleast 4 bars while paladin has 3 and so do templar and charmer and neither of them has revive either and charmer has heal

The skill should be self cast so it can have some benefits for new paladin players. I get ask from new paladins what expert skill they should by first. Well, who can answer that question?

Since we decided to raise the problem that it is impossible to impose it on ourselves, I saw messages about what a big shield with 10k durability. But do not forget that all the shields in the game are "glass", they receive pure damage and can break in a matter of seconds, if you have an equally good opponent (pvp)  :Snorlax:

Edited by Lalution

8 minutes ago, Lalution said:

Since we decided to raise the problem that it is impossible to impose it on ourselves, I saw messages about what a big shield with 10k durability. But do not forget that all the shields in the game are "glass", they receive pure damage and can break in a matter of seconds, if you have an equally good opponent (pvp)  :Snorlax:

Also, not every paladins are pvp. And not all paladins have a lot of magic dmg. Last not all paladins have high hp. So imagine that type paladin doing solo daily quest, going to high dmg mobs to do one them collection quest on the ground. You can only dodge so many until you reach mobs aggro range. I'm mainly talking towards f2p paladins. As the game already hard enough.

31 minutes ago, Speedom said:

Also, not every paladins are pvp. And not all paladins have a lot of magic dmg.

These are my thoughts when I saw a new passive new, and not a skill for a paladin in physical assembly. Ha-ha classic.

upd: I already wrote this in the Death Knight topic, about skills that scale not from physical / magician protection, but from other stats (in our case, health), they are much more difficult to balance, because they have minimal impact on a poorly dressed character, but on a character dressed in the best, they exert too much influence. As a result, the skill is nerfed, but it's worse for everyone. As an example, I can cite a warden who has a nerfed master block in every update. :vp-fight:

Edited by Lalution

14 hours ago, Railson Almeida said:

Because the paladin is already strong enough and the ability to self cast sacred shield is just a matter of "every class shield-casting can do it, why my class can't?" more than "pala is weak in 1vs1 hence give us a buff" forgetting also that this is the only shield in game to work accordingly to the user's HPs ammout. Tanks are by definition a class who can reach high ammount of HPs, and the only cons of this skill is someone to cast it on. Removing this cons is just giving a useless buff to an already strong skill. I'm asking why, and so far everyone just said "yes it deserves this change". No... no, it doesn't because the skill is strong enough. I'm free to hear your motivations. 

[this is an example. Again, pay close attention, referring to the more absent-minded players]

Death Knight's description says also that we can use the damage dealt by our enemies against themselves, but I'm still trying to figure out how after 7 years of play with this class... If a tank has got higher supporting abilities than a class designed to specifically support, then the support class is weak or the tank class is broken. I pretty much believe the second option to be our case. 

Where is my Avada-Kedavra skill? We are the bad ones!  :vp-nono:

Again, I strongly advise you to follow the statistics the game gives when you give suggestions. Taking some models from other games is good, but saying that a class deserves a skill because in other games/legends you have got "this class doing this thing" is a biased method of thought. At least when it comes to this game. 

6 hours ago, Speedom said:

The skill should be self cast so it can have some benefits for new paladin players. I get ask from new paladins what expert skill they should by first. Well, who can answer that question? 

IMG-20170511-WA0021.jpg.9928e70de4a2d7df5e0e4381434320f2.jpg

4 hours ago, Speedom said:

So imagine that type paladin doing solo daily quest, going to high dmg mobs to do one them collection quest on the ground. You can only dodge so many until you reach mobs aggro range. I'm mainly talking towards f2p paladins. As the game already hard enough.

If you plan to solo with a paladin without the use of life steal then it's not the shield that needs a buff, but the player who doesn't know how to build a solo class. 

Edited by Higgings
Typo

7 hours ago, Higgings said:

If you plan to solo with a paladin without the use of life steal then it's not the shield that needs a buff, but the player who doesn't know how to build a solo class. 

I was referring to f2p players against mobs that attracts other mobs which does significant damages. Huge Example, Swamp. This is mainly towards lvl 18. I'm speaking on the behalf of new paladin players who's still learning the class accordingto their style. Due to being low in lvl, saving their gold for better gear, chances their amp lvl is low to decent no more than +5. Chances are, as a new player using a tank class, they're gonna want some kind of survivability. They will have the decision of choosing between shield or Inner Force. Banner is nice but for a low damage 18, it's that not quite useful, plus you'll end up hitting more mobs on accident. I rather have the skill to be self cast and take away casting on ally, at 3/4, receiving shield buff. I'm referring directly to pve paladins. Idc about pvp.

Edited by Speedom

8 hours ago, Higgings said:

Death Knight's description says also that we can use the damage dealt by our enemies against themselves, but I'm still trying to figure out how after 7 years of play with this class...

:grinning:

8 hours ago, Higgings said:

Again, I strongly advise you to follow the statistics the game gives when you give suggestions. Taking some models from other games is good, but saying that a class deserves a skill because in other games/legends you have got "this class doing this thing" is a biased method of thought. At least when it comes to this game. 

I want Warlock to have a demon summoning skill because i saw it on another game

Also, Druid becoming a bear

39 minutes ago, Speedom said:

I was referring to f2p players against mobs that attracts other mobs which does significant damages. Huge Example, Swamp. This is mainly towards lvl 18. I'm speaking on the behalf of new paladin players who's still learning the class accordingto their style. Due to being low in lvl, saving their gold for better gear, chances their amp lvl is low to decent no more than +5. Chances are, as a new player using a tank class, they're gonna want some kind of survivability. They will have the decision of choosing between shield or Inner Force. Banner is nice but for a low damage 18, it's that not quite useful, plus you'll end up hitting more mobs on accident. I rather have the skill to be self cast and take away casting on ally, at 3/4, receiving shield buff. I'm referring directly to pve paladins. Idc about pvp.

You took a good example, but using your same example I could tell you that Swamp can be run even naked, for 2 or 3 quests. You don't care of PvP, that's fine, but others do, and unfortunately this change would affect also this part of the game, making it broken. This is not like every other single shield, but a stronger version contemplated to help the team mate of your group. The fact that it could be extended to yourself is a bonus, and so it should stay. 

13 hours ago, Speedom said:

The skill should be self cast so it can have some benefits for new paladin players. I get ask from new paladins what expert skill they should by first. Well, who can answer that question?

without a doubt the first must be Harad's banner.

27 minutes ago, Higgings said:

You took a good example, but using your same example I could tell you that Swamp can be run even naked, for 2 or 3 quests. You don't care of PvP, that's fine, but others do, and unfortunately this change would affect also this part of the game, making it broken. This is not like every other single shield, but a stronger version contemplated to help the team mate of your group. The fact that it could be extended to yourself is a bonus, and so it should stay. 

Very well

On 10/11/2020 at 8:44 PM, Railson Almeida said:

I am you playing another rpg like World Warcraft (WoW) you use it as an example in it the paladin can revive an ally

death knight also have an ability to revive ally's in WoW, so i want that in warspear as well:cat2:

and while we at it, death knight have a skill that gives him complete magic immunity in WoW, so add that to warspear as well

the whole concept of " x class have x skill in that game, so its normal it have it in this" is frantically uncalled for, these games are nothing alike

the strategy is different, gameplay is different, max level, skills, gear, stats, all these things are different between games, the only thing they have in common is that both of them are MMORPG's

23 hours ago, Railson Almeida said:

these "bars" are not accurate and to be honest should not be taking at face value, after all these bars show that blade dance have more defensive potential than damage

23 hours ago, Railson Almeida said:

what for me has no feeling and the Necromate revives allies at most he should temporarily revive as the living dead except if the ally is an outcast because necromacia fundamentally is not an art of reviving the living dead at most it transforms the dead and the living dead

i think you are confused...

by your logic, forsaken shouldn't require oxygen in underwater territory because they don't actually breath...

Edited by FakeUser

2 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

forsaken shouldn't require oxygen in underwater territory because they don't actually breath...

and also forsaken shouldnt be able to die because they already are, they should just be torn to pieces and left there unable to do anything 

12 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

and also forsaken shouldnt be able to die because they already are, they should just be torn to pieces and left there unable to do anything 

woah, we reaching a new level of undying

2 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

woah, we reaching a new level of undying

Life Scrolls for Forsakens: am I a joke to you? 

1 hour ago, FakeUser said:

death knight also have an ability to revive ally's in WoW, so i want that in warspear as well

And a horse.

WE NEED A HORSE, AIGRIND!

On 10/11/2020 at 8:22 PM, Shoujo said:

Perdoe-o Eu também jogo Paladino mal para reviver isso é demais, realmente é melhor deixar isso para os sacerdotes, a única coisa que o paladino precisa (atualmente) é uma ligeira melhoria nas habilidades de força interna como selo solar e iluminação tornaram-se obsoletos e com tantos gemidos logo o escudo sagrado também.

Demais e um necro revive os vivos sendo que ele so sabe fazer mortos vivos 

12 hours ago, FakeUser said:

O cavaleiro da morte também tem a capacidade de reviver aliados em WoW, então eu quero isso em lança de guerra também: cat2:

E enquanto estamos nisso, o cavaleiro da morte tem uma habilidade que dá a ele imunidade mágica completa no WoW, então adicione isso à lança de guerra também

todo o conceito de "classe x tem habilidade x naquele jogo, então é normal que tenha neste" é freneticamente desnecessário, esses jogos não são nada parecidos

a estratégia é diferente, a jogabilidade é diferente, nível máximo, habilidades, equipamentos, estatísticas, todas essas coisas são diferentes entre os jogos, a única coisa que eles têm em comum é que ambos são MMORPGs

Ótimo  quanto  mais ideias melhor so que no caso seria uma falsa vida no máximo ele reviveria como um morto vivo( dica alem de pensa em jogos semelhantes pesquise a ia da classe e o motivo que eu citei Ele foi porque acho que seria um melhor exemplo que eu cita d&d ) que o pode dele dependeria do seu lv atual eu leio muito novel fkkkfkf oque eu vou fazendo da minha vida gastando dinheiro nesse jogo kkk tenho que me converter kfkfkfk pensem oque quise cansei de teima por rpg

11 hours ago, Khrone said:

E um cavalo.

PRECISAMOS DE UM CAVALO, AIGRIND!

Boa um cavalo esqueleto ou cavalo do pesadelo

On 10/11/2020 at 10:02 PM, Jcbreff said:

paladino não pode ressuscitar porque é um tanque, não um curandeiro puro como o sacerdote e o necro e se o paladino seria capaz de ressuscitar, por que não o Cavaleiro da Morte, porque ambos são tanques da mesma facção de uma classe com habilidade de reviver e ambos podem se beneficiar da magia. quanto ao escudo sagrado e aura, idk ... mecânica de jogo que está decidida a ser do jeito que está agora

Não e uma má idéia so que nesse caso seria a criação de um morto vivo e não um verdadeira resuenção e so usa a logica se os procisto pudesse trazer pessoas de volta vida eles já teria feito isso e se isso fosse possível quebraria a logica da história do mapa 1 na no começo tem uma missão de pega coração vivos para os bruxos que para eles se sentir vivo novamente vale mais que ouro 

Gente não esqueçam que que paladino foca tanka e cura e bufa dk ja foca em tanka stuna debufs e maldição não tão forte como o necro ou bruxo mas boa

15 hours ago, Speedom said:

Eu estava me referindo a jogadores f2p contra mobs que atraem outros mobs que causam danos significativos. Grande exemplo, pântano. Isso é principalmente para o nível 18. Estou falando em nome dos novos jogadores de paladinos que ainda estão aprendendo a classe de acordo com seu estilo. Devido ao baixo nível de lvl, economizando ouro para melhor equipamento, as chances de seu lvl de amp ser baixo para decente não mais do que +5. As chances são, como um novo jogador usando uma classe de tanque, eles vão querer algum tipo de sobrevivência. Eles terão a decisão de escolher entre escudo ou Força Interior. Banner é bom, mas para um baixo dano 18, não é muito útil, além disso, você vai acabar acertando mais mobs no acidente. Eu prefiro ter a habilidade de ser auto-lançada e tirar o lançamento em um aliado, a 3/4, recebendo buff de escudo. Estou me referindo diretamente aos paladinos pve. Idc sobre pvp.

Já desite de teima o escudo so não E muito para mim porquê raramente foi em parte sou lv 20 comprei todos espaços para nem que custa moedas milagrosas falra apenas 2 new mas já foi para desitir do jogo na arena se os aliados do paladino morre ele não pode usa o escudo em sim mesmo para farma tem nos que causa muito dano pus uns 100 reias de moedas milagrosas mas não e suficiente para banca os lacaio para usa o escudo mc vive matado faz o seguinte desenvolvedores criem um lacaio grátis que não causa dano não cura mas sirva para usa escudo nele eu cansei de compra lacaio da loja para mc mata cansei

skills of each class arent based on soloing in pvp nor in pve
skills of each class in each faction are based on the server full balance between legion vs sentinel

would i like a sacred shield self casting? sure why not
would it not give a 2nd shield to ur 2nd partner if 3/4 or 4/4 and self casted? sure why not

is it necessary? nah here is why:

in 1v1 pvping that the game clearly tries to avoid, i will be too op u wont be able to kill paladin easily unless u timed disables correctly
in arena if u play correctly u can survive with ur partner long enuf to kill enemies, if ur partner died than its fair for the enemies did their job
in war, u can always find an ally to cast shield on them so u receive urs
in gvg same as war
in dungeon also u got your party

and for some nagging about pve aka questing or farming u can cast it on ur minion

non the less some people nagging about 4/4 sacred shield being op, but most shield skills at 4/4 and 5/5 are op also xD but people dont lvl them because they like to do massive amount of damage or buffed stats, they dont play defensively

Blade dancer: shield 4/4 (self cast)
Shaman: shield 4/4 (protects ally and pulls him)
Templar: combat shield 5/5 (same as shaman but he gets pulled to ally)
Rogue: 4/4 achieving high dodge (works like a shield a bit in concept protecting u from damage)

death knight: 5/5  dark shield that reduces incoming damage depending on his def
priest shield: 5/5 works like sacred shield depends on hp
necro shield: 5/5 works like sacred shield depends on hp

druid: 4/4 barrier im not sure how much sucks damage but also id bet gd at 4/4

warden: 5/5 shield skill that gives u shield as much as u do damage

TIP: necro pala priest shield skills cancels each other out when casted on same target

i can name more shielding skills and the list will go on, paladin is based on being support/defensive tank, the only reason people sometimes complain about being broken because thats the only option paladins got to level that is decent

give me access to lvl32 of each class and i can prove each one has op defensive skills at 4/4 if expert or 5/5 if basic

also another

TIP: for those who dont know how hp shield works for necro/priest/paladin

its like this lets say 4/4 sacred shield gives 100% of hp as defence shield

that 100% is based on your max hp, lets say its 10khp, it will suck away 10k dmg from enemies but if like u have 0% defence not what u already got
so its like your not wearing any gears, aka 1hit from swamp slug removes a 10khp shield even if u got 80% max defence or resilence vs players

the only thing that reduces the damage taken to shield, is damage reduction related buffs, not % of def or resilience

sorry for the long review xD personal opinion + facts :true_story1:have a nice day all

2 hours ago, lallouss said:

skills of each class arent based on soloing in pvp nor in pve
skills of each class in each faction are based on the server full balance between legion vs sentinel

would i like a sacred shield self casting? sure why not
would it not give a 2nd shield to ur 2nd partner if 3/4 or 4/4 and self casted? sure why not

is it necessary? nah here is why:

in 1v1 pvping that the game clearly tries to avoid, i will be too op u wont be able to kill paladin easily unless u timed disables correctly
in arena if u play correctly u can survive with ur partner long enuf to kill enemies, if ur partner died than its fair for the enemies did their job
in war, u can always find an ally to cast shield on them so u receive urs
in gvg same as war
in dungeon also u got your party

and for some nagging about pve aka questing or farming u can cast it on ur minion

non the less some people nagging about 4/4 sacred shield being op, but most shield skills at 4/4 and 5/5 are op also xD but people dont lvl them because they like to do massive amount of damage or buffed stats, they dont play defensively

Blade dancer: shield 4/4 (self cast)
Shaman: shield 4/4 (protects ally and pulls him)
Templar: combat shield 5/5 (same as shaman but he gets pulled to ally)
Rogue: 4/4 achieving high dodge (works like a shield a bit in concept protecting u from damage)

death knight: 5/5  dark shield that reduces incoming damage depending on his def

druid: 4/4 barrier im not sure how much sucks damage but also id bet gd at 4/4

warden: 5/5 shield skill that gives u shield as much as u do damage

TIP: necro pala priest shield skills cancels each other out when casted on same target

i can name more shielding skills and the list will go on, paladin is based on being support/defensive tank, the only reason people sometimes complain about being broken because thats the only option paladins got to level that is decent

give me access to lvl32 of each class and i can prove each one has op defensive skills at 4/4 if expert or 5/5 if basic

also another

TIP: for those who dont know how hp shield works for necro/priest/paladin

its like this lets say 4/4 sacred shield gives 100% of hp as defence shield

that 100% is based on your max hp, lets say its 10khp, it will suck away 10k dmg from enemies but if like u have 0% defence not what u already got
so its like your not wearing any gears, aka 1hit from swamp slug removes a 10khp shield even if u got 80% max defence or resilence vs players

the only thing that reduces the damage taken to shield, is damage reduction related buffs, not % of def or resilience

sorry for the long review xD personal opinion + facts :true_story1:have a nice day all

Thanks boss, I've learn something new and I love it! :dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

On 10/12/2020 at 3:27 PM, FakeUser said:

essas "barras" não são precisas e, para ser honesto, não devem ser interpretadas pelo valor de face, afinal essas barras mostram que a dança da lâmina tem mais potencial defensivo do que dano

Acho que você está confuso...

pela sua lógica, os abandonados não deveriam exigir oxigênio em território subaquático porque eles não respiram realmente ...

Yes, I think so too, they’re already dead, they don’t need to breathe

On 10/12/2020 at 3:43 PM, FakeUser said:

woah, estamos alcançando um novo nível de imortalidade

Okay good but if you do this they will have to follow the mythology of the game then suffer great damage from holy water aura and holy light instead of healing they would cause sacedoter and paladin damage if their natural enemies they would be immune to the ice but suffers severe damage from light and fire

5 hours ago, lallouss said:

A necro shield can't parry 8.7k hps (my ammount of hps) on a 12k def tank (my ammount of def). I don't need to prove you this, do I?  :smoke:

5 hours ago, lallouss said:

Big no. They work accordingly to the magic damage of the user. At least Necro's does. 

For the rest, I am kinda aware that every class has got a defensive skill in a way or another, but even on this review of yours you're admitting that the buff would be exclusively due to a "why not?" question.

This is personally one of the most coherent comments written so far. 

A necro shield can't parry 8.7k hps (my ammount of hps) on a 12k def tank (my ammount of def). I don't need to prove you this, do I?  :smoke:

Big no. They work accordingly to the magic damage of the user. At least Necro's does. 

my bad, i rechecked 2012 update and 2015 and you are right it depends on the magic of necro and priest, i dont know why they cancel each other with paladin shield tho but anyway your right necro and priest shield sucks less damage than paladin one my bad :happy:took me like 20 minutes of reading old news jajaja

This is personally one of the most coherent comments written so far. 

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

Necro shield doesnt block that much damage to begin with, most mobs in techno and underwater break it after 1 or 2 hits or in case of some bosses they break instantly or then i just dont have enough mdmg

2 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

Necro shield doesnt block that much damage to begin with, most mobs in techno and underwater break it after 1 or 2 hits or in case of some bosses they break instantly or then i just dont have enough mdmg

We are saying the same thing. 

On 10/11/2020 at 10:44 AM, Railson Almeida said:

I am you playing another rpg like World Warcraft (WoW) you use it as an example in it the paladin can revive an ally but only with 10% of the total hp while a sacedoter class can revive without any penalty normally in the paladin rpg has Buf, healing , and revives here only an ability to revive allies with a certain penalty paladin is missing and practically a gifted priest focused more on Batalha than on support but still knows how to surpote for allies tou summed up to the maximum and used Google translator from Portuguese to English

A paladin doesn’t need that, instead why not buff some of the paladins useless skills like sun seal and inner uselessness skill.

1 hour ago, Radgod said:

A paladin doesn’t need that, instead why not buff some of the paladins useless skills like sun seal and inner uselessness skill.

Tank Pala rn is useless. It needs a buff or even a rework. For example, buff Pala self shield but nerf the ally shield, idk

On 10/12/2020 at 9:46 AM, Higgings said:

. Removing this cons is just giving a useless buff to an already strong skill. I'm asking why, and so far everyone just said "yes it deserves this change". No... no, it doesn't because the skill is strong enough.

I don't know, like, did you read the original post? I see you're so invested in opposing the idea that you're replying to everyone's comment, wonder why.

And it's not just a ''why not?''. It's more of a ''why?'' is it this way in the first place. Too strong? Even though I greatly disagree that it's too strong. It is very strong, pretty well-deserved after the continuous nerfs to palas AoE IMO. But is it too strong? Nah try in arena against high control/damage classes like Shamans, Rangers and BDs, they melt it in no time.

But even if it's OP, then nerf it! It's not a good reason to remove the ability to self-cast, leaving it completely unusable in a lot of situations. Remember: it was REMOVED and we want it back, so the question here is ''why'' and not ''why not''

And again: there is really no reason to oppose the ability to self-cast - It would be mostly harmful in group situations to only cast it on yourself since you lose a second copy.

It would only help the paladin be less than a piece of paper when he's alone. Which if you saw a paladin alone, you'd know how much of a piece of paper it is. And devs know it, otherwise they wouldn't give us a new skill that is totally defensive (pretty weird for pala right?). Needless to say, that skill also kinda sucked.

4 hours ago, Gladiator said:

I don't know, like, did you read the original post? I see you're so invested in opposing the idea that you're replying to everyone's comment, wonder why.

And it's not just a '' why not? ''. It's more of a '' why? '' Is it this way in the first place. Too strong? Even though I greatly disagree that it's too strong. It is very strong, pretty well-deserved after the continuous nerfs to palas AoE IMO. But is it  too  strong? Nah try in arena against high control / damage classes like Shamans, Rangers and BDs, they melt it in on the team.

But even if it's OP, then nerf it! It's not a good reason to remove the ability to self-cast, leaving it completely unusable in a lot of situations. Remember: it was REMOVED and we want it back, so the question here is '' why '' and not '' why not ''

And again: there is really no reason to oppose the ability to self-cast - It would be extremely harmful in group situations to only cast it on yourself since you lose a second copy.

It would only help the paladin be less than a piece of paper when he's alone. Which if you saw a paladin alone, you would know how much of a piece of paper it is. And devs know it, otherwise they wouldn't give us a new skill that is totally defensive (pretty weird for pala right?). Needless to say, that skill also kinda sucked.

Thanks, I needed the reinforcement. It's our only useful defense skill.

4 hours ago, Khrone said:

Tank Pala rn is useless. It needs a buff or even a rework. For example, buff Pala self shield but nerf the ally shield, idk

Pala isn’t fully useless as a tank but I definitely agree Pala does need a buff, either sun seal and inner useless skills both or so he can have a self cast able shield so he is more tankier.Some may say pala is tanky enough but I disagree, out of all the tanks pala is one of the weakest in terms of pve.

1 minute ago, Radgod said:

Pala isn’t fully useless as a tank but I definitely agree Pala does need a buff, either sun seal and inner useless skills both or so he can have a self cast able shield so he is more tankier.Some may say pala is tanky enough but I disagree, out of all the tanks pala is one of the weakest in terms of pve.

I agree. I was hoping they buff Inner Rage, during the test server, after the rework. I was told that they was gonna take a look at it and fix it. That's including the missing animation. Still nothing. The passive is completely useless. Chief combo defense is better than Inner Rage and it's not a tank class.

4 hours ago, Gladiator said:

But is it too strong? Nah try in arena against high control/damage classes like Shamans, Rangers and BDs, they melt it in no time.

I totally agree because in arena it was me and bd full arena +9 vs Shaman and Necro both +8 +9 but not full arena, and once I casted shield on us the necro and shaman took it off the bd 3-4 second and I couldn’t even touch them before shield got taken off because one stun from them lasted more than my shield 🥶.

2 minutes ago, Speedom said:

The passive is completely useless.

Haha with that everyone agreed, but yeah either buff all pala weak/useless skills or make shield castable on your self. :like_a_sir1:

On 5/27/2020 at 9:04 AM, Gladiator said:

In Arena and Team situations, it would be obviously disadvantageous for Paladins to use shield only for them, so it would only be helpful in 1v1 situations, but 1v1 situations area big part of Arena, and in most situations, if a class is bad in 1v1, then it's also not great in Arena. In many Arena fights there will be a 1v1 battle at the end

For those of you who say the game is focused on team play not 1v1 (Just a refresher) :got_a_badass_over_here:

8 hours ago, Gladiator said:

don't know, like, did you read the original post? I see you're so invested in opposing the idea that you're replying to everyone's comment, wonder why.

Yes, I did. You've also written a nice title, which is "unpopolar opinion". Perhaps you might have written it because too many people believe that it's an indeed strong skill, where you instead tried to explain why it is not. But if you used this word, to my eyes, it is rightful to think that you as well consider it strong on the first place. This enters on the opinion's part, so if I can be absolutely wrong about that. 

The reason of why I answered every member was trying to seek for points, arguments to bring on the table, hence a simple conversation to see why and how do people think about a buff but none of them so far - aside Zeus - brought valid points. All of them (most probably paladins or players who play on the Sentinel Side) agreed and nothing else. Bringing those so beloved points on the table would have just strengthened your topic even further, but this hasn't happened because so far - again - only Zeus was brave enough to admit that the buff would just be a "why not?" scenario. 

And it's not just a ''why not?''. It's more of a ''why?'' is it this way in the first place. Too strong? Even though I greatly disagree that it's too strong. It is very strong, pretty well-deserved after the continuous nerfs to palas AoE IMO. But is it too strong? Nah try in arena against high control/damage classes like Shamans, Rangers and BDs, they melt it in no time.

You are the one who is proposing a buff and also a Paladin as main, it's perfectly normal that you don't see this skill strong. I agree: the Pala needed a buff for being paper for several years, i'll give you that one. But buffing an already good skill for the sake of making the class better it's not the way. You would make a good skill broken, and it would lead to even further complaints which might end on a big nerf on that (see Counterattack). I'm mainly PvE but I do arena and such. It's enough for you guys to resist our skills once in order to start buffing your allies non stop. In this sense, mc side is very poor with skills. Few classes on Legion side can buff our allies; on the Sentinel side, however, even tanks can give certain concrete support to their mates. Exactly for this reason, our Control Skills are becoming useless every update more: it's enough for you to bring a mage or a priest to negate all of our CCs. We are strong on 1vs1 IF our skills don't fail. And honestly... unless you're a 5k hps Paladin which leaves a ranger unstunned or untouched for... let's say... 5 seconds? then it's quite obvious that he can melt it. But you're forgetting that the ranger has most probably used some skills to break that shield, skills that he could've used against you. Repeat the procedure with a paladin with good team mates and with a large ammount of HPs... The game is not made up only of Shamans, Bladedancers and Rangers thankfully. Every class should have a counter class, but buff the shield even further and other weaker classes in terms of damage won't be able to land a single hit on Paladins.

But even if it's OP, then nerf it! It's not a good reason to remove the ability to self-cast, leaving it completely unusable in a lot of situations. Remember: it was REMOVED and we want it back, so the question here is ''why'' and not ''why not''

I want you also to remember that when the skill came out for the first time, tons of paladins came here and asked for a buff, because the skill working like the one of necros or priests was too weak and definitely not worthy to be paid 40k. You would want to see the shield nerfed just to make it self-castable... It's quite hard for me to believe that it would be a change accepted so lightly by palas, allow me. 

And again: there is really no reason to oppose the ability to self-cast - It would be mostly harmful in group situations to only cast it on yourself since you lose a second copy.

This is why no one would ever use it on group situation... the buff is pretty 1vs1 orientated clearly. And again... The abilty to make it self casted on 1vs1 at the current situation is like you getting full hps with a click for a certain ammount of time, so this is not really what I would define "be less a piece of paper". Oh almost forgot: the Paladin can heal himself while on buff.

if you saw a paladin alone, you'd know how much of a piece of paper it is. 

I saw a paladin alone and "my god how paper it is" is not really the thing I said, when he could tank 3 stunners for like 30 seconds. 

4 hours ago, Radgod said:

Some may say pala is tanky enough but I disagree, out of all the tanks pala is one of the weakest in terms of pve.

Your class has got more endurance skills than mine and all you have to do is paying mana. Play a class, designed to survive thanks to life steal, with a skill that kills you instead of making you stronger and then come here and repeat that Pala is one of the weakest among tanks. :kill-me-crazy-rabbit-emoticon: