Beta tests : How they should happen, and why should they happen.

Azebu

How?

> When beta test would be happening, all characters would be copied to beta test. Players will start with progress from last server state, and anything done on beta test won't be transferred to main server.

> During beta test, a special NPC will appear in Nadir/new island in upcoming update, selling everything related to new update. Maybe not new weapons, but stuff like Guild Signs, or quest items.

> After beta test, all players that spent certain amount of time playing it will receive gift, to encourage players to participate. Also other gifts for reporting bugs, depending on severity.

Why?

To prevent bad stuff from happening. Remember crashes caused by guild system? Even a little playtesting would prevent it.

Also to receive feedback from players. When update hits, there can't be much tweaking done to not make people whine about it being unfair to them.

more detail than mrseby

more detail than mrseby

And it's not "give us +10 so we can fight each other instead of finding bugs".

Agreed, AiGrind Need do beta tests, not just with AiGring team, but also with players.

But why with players?Cause beta tester players "work" for free and have diferents devices.

About use same chars i dont agree. They can make the acc with 6 classes alredy lvl 20 (or 30, if its max).

Then beta testers would do all new quests/test new contents.

Also test new skills and new equips. Just saying if it work or not, no need argue about if is useless or not.

Also must need just beta testers and aigrind team can enter on test server.

They say they do Beta tests on their own instead of the players.

But from the look at all these "easy to notice" bugs such as crashes on actions EVERYONE does daily/regularly, item problems eg. missing item from shop, "item not found" icon & etc, party chat mute and many more, I doubt they even play the newly updated content ONCE before releasing it and wait on our complains and put up a maintenance the next day instead.

Anyways, agree.

And yes, no instant +10 items or max level, we are suppose to TEST the new content and give our feedback not play around in new maps and kill monsters in 1 hit.

I Have plenty of spare time these days and i would love to help the game by testing features and checking for bugs. :) And i agree with this suggest.

I Saw seby's free open market idea as a way to help out Beta testers in their search.

Game testing is not all about fun, its actually hard work.

If players did Beta testing, they would need a way to increase and decrease levels and amps instantly.. some things need to be tested from different points.

I agree about levels Born, but not about amp. But giving it a thought, it would be hard to implement something like that and not make majority jump to 20.

I guess some betatesting fanatics could make alternate characters at various levels.

And well, the prizes would encourage the newbies too. Who wouldn't want free items, even as form of extra cash on lower levels?

I agree with beta release... Also i think that they have done something like this at new classes update... I hope for less bugs:-D

I just got this mind so i let it out :D. I think they should pick few(5?) of us for testing beta those get miracle coins for testing it different amount if they send feedback about bugs/clitches etc. Those guys who check beta will pick randomly from future forum subject (Beta testers) just put there ur acc and they maybe pick ur name up, ofc. This needs paraments maybe must be over 14lvl  or here another idea: u can buy beta key access with miracle coins about 1.5k sounds nice :)

I just got this mind so i let it out :D. I think they should pick few(5?) of us for testing beta those get miracle coins for testing it different amount if they send feedback about bugs/clitches etc. Those guys who check beta will pick randomly from future forum subject (Beta testers) just put there ur acc and they maybe pick ur name up, ofc. This needs paraments maybe must be over 14lvl  or here another idea: u can buy beta key access with miracle coins about 1.5k sounds nice :)

5? What gives? The point of open beta-test is to have massive amount of players in it.

I think its good. Now updates gives bugs on different devices.

So if many people can test it for a few days i guess all major bugs will be found. (i dont think all bugs can be found, even at my own simple site sometimes we find a bug after the game is online for a few years).

But i dont think for a beta test all players have to test it. 10% or 25% seems to be enough i guess.