Inner Force pala new skill discussion

f4348357

Level  Recharge Block  HP

1         5%           2%   30%

2         7%           3%   40%

3         10%         5%   55%

4         15%         7%   70%

i think this skill only useful for sheild pala in PVP.

In PVE,as a tank,a healer couldnt help to heal a tank below 70% hp,and once ur hp above 70%,this skill useless.

as a caster,u get no chance to make ur hp below 70%,even if u out aggro of tank,u could recover ur hp by vamp parameter.

In PVP,as a caster,u wont want to see ur hp below 70%,enemy could 1 hit kill u even if u r full hp,so u must use heal skill.

as a sheild user,banner and shield strike are most important skills in arena,big AOE and long Stun. And shield skill and new heal skill both important too.its seems no free skill point for                    inner force.but if u dont make it 4/4, condition of below 33% hp  and low recharge and block makes this skill very lame.

there r some suggestion for improve this skill.

1.make basic bonus in any hp,and additional bonus when u below %hp.Its good for all kind of pala.

2.make 15% 7% bonus in all level and different HP condition by levels. Or make same HP condition in all levels but recharge block changes by levels.This way makes skill still for shield pala,if
Development team aim to.

The skill in itself is not bad, however if compared to some of the new skills other classes got, like Druid, BD, Shaman, and Mage, this skill seems terrible, or more accurately, the other skills are broken.

But my first impressions of it is:

I like it since I'm a main 1h+shield player. Also was very pleased that it activates at 70%, I was afraid of having it activate at like 30% hp or something, so in Arena and PvP it will be active most of the time when needed. Also the block bonus is nice, I didn't expect more than 8%, so fair enough. But the cooldown bonus seems weak to me. I mean you would need to survive a very long time under 70% hp to gain the advantage from the cd buff. For example if your Sacred Shield has 30 seconds cd, with 15% addition it becomes something like 28 secs, so you need to stay in under 70% HP for 28 seconds to actually gain the advantage of the cd buff. So on that side it was kinda disappointing. That would be my only problem with the skill, I think the cd buff could be bigger..

In terms of where I can see this skill being used is definitely mace/shield Arena and PvP. Especially if you already have a good base block, you can get it up to 20%+ with very minimal gear, without ruining other stats.

In Arena, you can utilize the skill for support, maybe using 1h magic mace with magic accessories. It would heal less than 2handed but 2h Palas would be a relatively easy target to kill first, so with that passive, it would be harder to kill the Paladin first, and thus the Pala can effectively support more than with 2 handed builds.

But will have to test it out well in real server in real fights. But generally, if you're a shield user, I think it might be worth it to build it. Will have to see.

Edited by Gladiator

So they already nerfed the skill that didn't need a nerf.

16 hours ago, Holmes said:

Paladin

Inner Strength.png Internal forces

• Changed the threshold value of health at which the effect of the skill is triggered. It was 30-40-55-70% of the maximum number of health points, it became 30-40-50-60%.

What's the logic behind this? The skill was already underwhelming compared to most of the newly added skills. You might think activating at 70% HP is too much, but if you look at the added bonuses, it's really not game changing at all. Now I think 15% Cooldown has to be increased.

Paladin will fall out of the meta in Arena very quickly, now that you have characters that remove debuffs (fetters and stuns) and characters that remove buffs (sacred shield), and characters that completely ignore debuffs (BD) I don't know what's left for Paladin to compete in Arena.

I originally thought the skill was OK, but now you just made it worse for no reason. :facepalm:

1 hour ago, goldpala said:

i guess it's op in gvg or 3v3 vs legion.

but i hope they change it back or improve it.

How do you see it OP?

• 2 months later...

Only benefit I can see is pve magic pala with 1 hand mace and that's it, but that'll be a HUGE sacrifice with good skills.

Edited by Speedom

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Speedom said:

Well, now this skill is completely useless. Now what?

literally useless simply 40k thrown in the trash and I who thought the skill couldn't get any worse don't understand because barbarian dk and guardian don't need to leave their hp low to gain damage reduction.

Edited by Shoujo

36 minutes ago, Shoujo said:

literally useless simply 40k thrown in the trash and I who thought the skill couldn't get any worse don't understand because barbarian dk and guardian don't need to leave their hp low to gain damage reduction.

On top of that, paladins have the worst hp of all tanks. 4/4 Losing 30% hp to only receive 10% dmg reduction? That's outrageous! 

6 hours ago, Speedom said:

On top of that, paladins have the worst hp of all tanks. 4/4 Losing 30% hp to only receive 10% dmg reduction? That's outrageous! 

Paladin has got the lowest hps, compensated by a skill that increases it and a shield that can potentially absorb like 10k dmg; this is the only shield in game that can absorb that much damage, it's also good to remind that. 

If a skill is too weak to be used, just drop that and use another one. Paladins have definitely got higher choice skill wise, than many other classes. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Paladin has got the lowest hps, compensated by a skill that increases it and a shield that can potentially absorb like 10k dmg; this is the only shield in game that can absorb that much damage, it's also good to remind that. 

If a skill is too weak to be used, just drop that and use another one. Paladins have definitely got higher choice skill wise, than many other classes. 

All paladins should be tracking on that. The topic is about Inner Force. Not every paladin want to do an equal build. Some paladins would like to play differently.

Edited by Speedom

1 hour ago, Speedom said:

All paladins should be tracking on that. The topic is about Inner Force. Not every paladin want to do an equal build. Some paladins would like to play differently.

I Can't say otherwise. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

I Can't say otherwise. 

It's all good. No sweating about it. I'm just looking at the perspective of solo quest Paladins. For example, a Lvl 18 Paladin doing dailies as a free to play Paladin. This Paladin have lvl 17 and lvl 18 weapon/armor(if he/she lucky). This Paladin hp is low due to his gear and Prayer won't have much benefits since at 1/4, it only gives 10% HP buff. There's no poing getting Sacred Shield because it's completely useless until lvl20 if the player want it to be 3/4. Banner at 1/4 only last 3 secs doing 3 ticks and of course low magic dmg with 35sec cooldown. Not all paladins are shield users to use shield strike. Seal is barely have any benefits at 4/4. Call at 1/4? 😆. Illumination at 1/4 is if you have a decent amount of magic. Inner Force at 1/4 🤣. Every 12% of hp lost, you received 2% dmg reduction. The sad part is that before you buy the skill, it doesn't tell you the percentage. I seen a Paladin on trade chat, trying to buy Inner Force for players getting it as a drop. I tried so hard to tell him not waist his gold and his HP was at 4.7k. I know this is a lot, but um, somebody have to speak up on paladins after getting their 8th nerf. 😆

Edited by Speedom