[2020.05.23] Warspear Online 8.4: Underwater adventures. Preview

Peony

3 minutes ago, Mercurry said:

What do you mean by squishy

Still can get 1 shot and it spawn 2 types.

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

Follow-up question then, are they considered 'players'? Meaning AoE skills are limited on them?

They are braindead lol. I tested at 3/4. They spawn from any corpes on the ground. However, the totem spawn them 1 by 1. At 3/4 I was only able to spawn 3.

1 hour ago, Necromaa said:

Playing a class that not gives aoe stuns/buffs/debuffs doesnt count. 

Or probably you can learn a bit more about aoe skills elf have then talk about them because everyone knows elfs have most and best aoe stuns buffs and skills..

Apart from that, name 3 chars mc have that can steal boss if consider damage apart from hunter rogue as compared to massive damage made by mages seekers rangers and so some extent by blade dancers. 

I counted aoe stuns for elf i ll give u that again: bd rush multiple stuns, druid roots(expert) mutliple 

pala fetters multiple, aura of fire mages with stun bulid infinite stuns 

on the other hand only lock have aoe stuns which has a high chance of resist with gears scrolls skills etc. 

so i would say need some homework before complaining is required. 🙂 nothing personal u are the best out there😉

1 hour ago, Necromaa said:

100% immunity 😳😳😳😳😳

How? when? where? I would love that if barb gets 100% immunity like pala shields 😍 

You really like to complain a lot while u overlook many things. Let me tell u why

1. The topic here isnt about aoe stuns/buffs. Even if the classes you mentioned have aoe stuns, the chances of actually having to stun with them are very low(they dont work often). 
2. druid roots, pala fetters can always be removed by purify pots. You forgot charmer class also has aoe stun.
3. The "high chance of resist" from scrolls  doesnt just work for sentinels, it works same way for all classes. If you want to counter the few stun skills sentinel classes have, you can also use the same resist.(in fact many actually do) 
4. Most importantly, if you count all the control effects(many of which have 100% success in working),  legions classes have , they are in fact more than double in number than the sentinel classes. So, clearly legion side has better control in pvp.
5. Since you didnt do homework for your own barbarian class which you have been playing all the time, let me enlighten you.  The skill with 100% immunity is called "Barbarian's nature". It gives 100% immunity for 10 secs. 

3 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I believe they're considered the same way as Charmer's dog and bird, in terms of summoned monsters. 

Pretty much. Their aggro range is very far. They literally seek out and attack anything. Not guaranteed they'll go straight to players. They will by pass players to attack a wild boar. They are brainless lol.

4 minutes ago, aks said:

Hope necro should be more fun to play now

I can see high potential in like dg. The skill is only good starting at 3/4 since it spawn 3. The somewhat downside is the duration. 3/4 totem duration 24sec, bones spawn 1 brainless corpse every 5 sec, and bones duration is 17sec.

Edited by Speedom

12 minutes ago, Sai Chandra said:

You really like to complain a lot while u overlook many things. Let me tell u why

1. The topic here isnt about aoe stuns/buffs. Even if the classes you mentioned have aoe stuns, the chances of actually having to stun with them are very low(they dont work often). 
2. druid roots, pala fetters can always be removed by purify pots. You forgot charmer class also has aoe stun.
3. The "high chance of resist" from scrolls  doesnt just work for sentinels, it works same way for all classes. If you want to counter the few stun skills sentinel classes have, you can also use the same resist.(in fact many actually do) 
4. Most importantly, if you count all the control effects(many of which have 100% success in working),  legions classes have , they are in fact more than double in number than the sentinel classes. So, clearly legion side has better control in pvp.
5. Since you didnt do homework for your own barbarian class which you have been playing all the time, let me enlighten you.  The skill with 100% immunity is called "Barbarian's nature". It gives 100% immunity for 10 secs. 

Very well what exactly you mean by immunity? 

I m a lil dumb to understand that immunity means 0 attack which no mc class has except for necro shields, barb nature only helps u avoid stuns or debuffs not any damage, maybe you forgot to do the homework instead. Because i see all attacking me without any reason. 

And if the topic is not about aoe skills/stuns let all talk about present skills then, why we all complaining about shamans too? 3 elf classses have shield skill buffs thats gives 0 damage, already not taking in account the amount of time it stays for, pala bd mage. And the game is not only pvp its pve too, but all your concerns are related to pvp and aoe. People here already talked about them. No need drag this topic them more and stop attacking me.

Edited by Necromaa

I don't know man, I've seen a couple of Necros controlling the whole elf caravan by killing weak NPCs and players and making huge crowds and then dying and re-placing totems and repeat over and over again (For some reason Totems don't disappear if the Necro dies, which I believe should be changed).

Not judging the skill yet though, I like the concept of it, and also agree with giving Necros a good skill. I just feel like it might take some limiting (Amount of skelies)

7 minutes ago, Gladiator said:

I don't know man, I've seen a couple of Necros controlling the whole elf caravan by killing weak NPCs and players and making huge crowds and then dying and re-placing totems and repeat over and over again (For some reason Totems don't disappear if the Necro dies, which I believe should be changed).

Not judging the skill yet though, I like the concept of it, and also agree with giving Necros a good skill. I just feel like it might take some limiting (Amount of skelies)

Necro limit is 4 at max due to ir summoning 1 per 5 sec. Btw all totems and banner don't disappear when you die. As long you're in the area, it stays up. I'm sure necros was doing that and also spamming life scrolls. I tested seekers new skill against 2 necros. I was nuking the minions and the necros. The bones hp is 3.1k at max with little to no defense. Aoe is literally the counters against that skill.

Edited by Speedom

1 hour ago, TheCaster said:

Tried using Dark circle - BDs ran over them, Tried using new Lock skill, Zone of weakness again ran over by BDs.
Even pool of darkness was run over, I had thought that since its a dmg skill BD would be slowed down by that but it is my understanding that Pool also appears as a debuff on enemy and BD skill resists that too?

Yes it can be resisted as also life exaustion, more than half of warlock's skills can be resisted

1 hour ago, TheCaster said:

Please don't interpret this as a rant of any sort favoring any particular side. I'm simply trying to assess the capabilities of these new skills and their interaction with already existing ones and how they affect gameplay.
If there's someway you could bring this to the developer's attention, We would be ever so grateful.

True

13 hours ago, Lostsignal said:

Check all my posts I never attacked some class and made comments about it asking to nerf it but he literally attacked the bd since they posted the new skill but he won't talk about barbs who can have 100% immunity for 8 secs xd

2 hours ago, Necromaa said:

100% immunity 😳😳😳😳😳

How? when? where? I would love that if barb gets 100% immunity like pala shields 😍 

26 minutes ago, Necromaa said:

Very well what exactly you mean by immunity? 

I m a lil dumb to understand that immunity means 0 attack which no mc class has except for necro shields, barb nature only helps u avoid stuns or debuffs not any damage, maybe you forgot to do the homework instead. Because i see all attacking me without any reason. 

The 100% immunity  which you attacked in Lostsignal post is barbarian's nature. Barbarians have that skill.  Immunity doesnt mean 0 dmg, it means resisting all debuffs.

Hey guys, I really like all the ideas about the skills, some of them need some refinement, but overall I tought the team is doing a good job.

I know you guys should be really busy to fix everything as soon as possible, but I would share my toughts about what stuff I think need to be reviewed:

1. Paladin Shield is too strong

2. ALL Hunter's stun can only be countered by resist status.

Full arena sets doesnt have this stat, maybe block/parry should work against one of these stuns or just have small chance to fail.

3. Barbarians rush skill (wich seems work 100%) stun time is OP

Let's try to fix old unbalanced stuff together with the New stuff, this will be much appreciated.

Extra: 

The UI changes are pretty awesome

I just think you guys forgot one little thing:

A hotkey to save and change the entire set of equipment the character is using.

Since the game have various types of weapons and armors (PvE with diff bonuses, PvE under water, PvP) and in a lot of situations we need to change it fast, it's pretty annoying to open the inventory and change one by one.

Thanks for your time.

@Reivenorik

@Akasha

@Oxygen

📢 Attention 

Some skills adjustment might be published soon enough on the Test Server's Topic. 

1 minute ago, Gladiator said:

How much speed and pene does new barb skill give btw?

at 4/4 level of developement it gives 20% atk speed if using a 1 handed weapon 

3 minutes ago, Whitex said:

3. Barbarians rush skill (wich seems work 100%) stun time is OP

its duration its 5 seconds, and it has a 80% chance to work, if im not wrong the blade dancer's rush stands for 4 seconds as harrads call do, i am right? and count them are aoe too

by continuing the post of @TheCaster , theres in need also need of consider that the mages can posses a skill that can heal from any stun and make the target (because you can buff someother) immune to effects for a good amount of time at 4/4 level of developement, wich makes the stuns of the whole legion pointless, we also got described what happen when the sides faced eachother, in a war scenario the sentinels can just buff the palading with the mentioned skill and make them go out and spam harrad's banners evrywhere while also blade dancers would join in with thier new skill, by causing aoe stun back and allowing all the others to pierce trought it like a piece of butter, only barbarians would be left able to fight back but the only aoe power they has got is make loose taget, weaken the enemy and deal some dmg (?) even if the shamans use their new skill to heal from the stuns (if they dont get killed or stunned first) it woulnt change much since them can stunned back, same for the castle pot

52 minutes ago, Sai Chandra said:

the ones that has a 100% of working most times has a back drop, you can heal from threads of darkness with the potion, fear can be removed by getting damaged, the safe stun by the charmers its not that long and the long one requires to use 3 skills first and hit a target

as i said before theres the mage able to heal from them as the skill description shows

Screenshot_20200527-120516.png

the duration can even be 2,5/4 seconds and it would make an enormous change since they can make ANY class able to pierce trought, while the legionaire are limited to the barbarian

turning back to topic the skeletons generated by the necromancers can be easly destroyed, the minions of the charmers dosent deal a huge damage, the priests can heal from most of warlocks skills or by any weakning effect.

if you want include castle items lets include also guild skills, mass immunity can allow the sentinels to easly reach the banner of the town or any location full of mcs and make a formation with their skills to instantly whipe out the enemies also if got stunne (imagine an huge amount of paladin's banners) the guild orb can make most classes useless by only leaving deathknigth and charmers (maybe) able to kill the melee attackers on the banner. even if the legion uses the orb back, the paladin's banner would continue do massive aoe damage, the controlling effects would still work(even for mcs) and cause a huge damage to the banner anyway, if used back the sentinels can just use again the banner and root the enemies in it for kill em, (count that the druid's punitive roots also deals damage).

if no orb is used by neither side the paladins, warden and mages can just buff the seekers and them will terminate the banner in few seconds thank to thier insane damage, in the meantime killing evryone in 1 yard from it, if the shamans dosent use their heal totems there

(do not say cant find the seeker in mid of that mess, since they will add the widget

in a 5v5 scenario the legion has more controll, yes. but in a masssive battle scenario their fear skills becomes half useless since nearly evevryone will get hitted alot so rip fear

say who is going to win a war scenario seems easy now, who can resist more wins. who can resist more? no since we need to count the aoe damage caused by each faction, how many them can it, and tons of other stuff, as for now the elfs have better odds (dosent mean certain win) to win wars as shown in the 2019 infographics, even i would like to have it in a month basis.

maybe there should be multiple all servers-in battle of territories.

in a small pvp scenario legion tends to have more controll

Nice that they changed Necros totem graphics because everyone was demanding about such a change, but no change about Paladin's skill because who talked about any change?:facepalm:

6 minutes ago, Higgings said:

📢 Attention

The list of changes has been shared. You might find it right here:

rogue's prayers has been listened,

bd got what he deserved

shaman got rebalanced

i hope new necro's totem sprite looks cool

dont start the meme the warlock, plase

for hunter seems legit

4 minutes ago, goldpala said:

NO! IT'S NOT! LEAVE SACRED SHIELD ALONE!

Actually it kinda is... considering that nowadays tanks reach easily ammounts like 10k hps. That shield can be also casted on both you and allies...

But I've seen more op skills.

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

Actually it kinda is... considering that nowadays tanks reach easily ammounts like 10k hps. That shield can be also casted on both you and allies...

But I've seen more op skills.

Only time the skill is noob if you have low hp.

1 minute ago, Speedom said:

Only time the skill is noob if you have low hp.

Hi, is there a new rework on the paladin shield skill?

15 minutes ago, Nehantist said:

Hi, is there a new rework on the paladin shield skill?

Nothing was shown about this skill. Most probably nothing will be done about that

3 hours ago, aks said:

Hope necro should be more fun to play now

I test it in hero sea and nadir, well i can say it was not much of a help on walking zones skeletons just do whatever they want and agro mobs around them witch after agro on you when they die, in boss room its helpfull since you can use the permament corpses of bosses to spawn mobs.Note skeletons spawn from the killed plants too and even from dead bonefires.In nadir was well kinda okey since there is alot to kill there but its useless in boss room since there is no mobs to kill so you can use it, unless you are bloodtursty and ask pt member to die so you can ress him and use his body to spawn skeletons.Over all idk look like medum decent skill for now ateast (in dungs) ill test it more in live servers and will tell if its worth it

Edited by coldravens

8 minutes ago, coldravens said:

unless you are bloodtursty and ask pt member to die so you can ress him and use his body to spawn skeletons

Necros be like:

tumblr_nk1ksocfLH1qk24apo4_500.gif.1b00416c5bd26a1389e8c751f3b5f0e6.gif

UPD: Test server's links are available!

8 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Necros be like:

tumblr_nk1ksocfLH1qk24apo4_500.gif.1b00416c5bd26a1389e8c751f3b5f0e6.gif

UPD: Test server's links are available!

higgy remmber you are good boy rigth will you do coldi a faveor when we are in nadir:christmassanta:

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

I definitely can see everything you mentioned brightly. This might be a serious problem when it comes to wars and PvP scenarios Many vs Many. I believe devs are already aware of this though... and I'm really, really hoping that this 3rd test will change a thing or two. 

Yep, they have seen this review.

I only ask everyone just to keep in mind that everything is still being tested and definitely will be reworked until the release of the final version. We are just as excited and interested in delivering a good gameplay as you are to experience it, remember: this is out baby after all! :smile:

5 minutes ago, coldravens said:

higgy remmber you are good boy rigth will you do coldi a faveor when we are in nadir:christmassanta:

Ahm.....

Nu. 

I figured out the dodge sometimes overlaps block, which makes them a useless combination. 

please change it so that block and dodge stack together because that is how it should be. 

9 hours ago, Raislin said:

That skill is old news, why would i talk about something i did complain about like what year or two ago already? Until lv30-32 came out barbs also had to give up skills or make them less good to make use out barbarian nature. I know because my barb has it levelled. To get it to lv3 i had to sacrifice 1 point in stone skin making me less tanky and 1 point in shield strike losing me probably 10-20% stun chance on it(idk never looked into it). now you can level all 3 of them to max. But i dont see very many people complaining about barbs these days because they are somewhat manageable. Bds who already beat barbs getting a better immunity skill than barbs is stupid. Get over yourself.

Barb can resist everything for 8 secs he is way above bd in everything while bd may get nerfed soon as always and that skill isn't useful in war as barb since barb can resist everything for 8 secs got tons of HP def and DMG like its broken asf you the one who need to get over your self and stop complaining about one class only

BD is fine considering the amount of control Legions have now, it's ridiculous going in Arena against Warlocks, Hunters, and Shamans. 

4 minutes ago, Lostsignal said:

Wow rogue who can deal thousands of DMG gets a stun ? Like stealth and gauge wasn't enough already ? Just wow 

Don't forget the uncounterable dodge :rolleyes:

Edited by Gladiator