Barbarian Build - Pros and Cons

garism

Guys,

I'm weighing things up for Barbarian Build. While studying, you can give your thoughts about the subject.

between

One Handed-Axe + Shield  -VS- Two-Handed Axe

Pros - ???

Cons - ???

Any thoughts is highly appreciated.

Regards,

Imho 1handed axe only good for pvp! cz of high defense! usin it against boss useless cz then probably the boss wont atack u! 2 handed has bit low defense. . . . but atack so high!

Imho 1handed axe only good for pvp! cz of high defense! usin it against boss useless cz then probably the boss wont atack u! 2 handed has bit low defense. . . . but atack so high!

What are u talking about? Barbarian is tank so 1 handed weapon and shield you can use only in boss fight for tank boss. That's best configuration for boss hunting ( ask unge ). It's not very useful in pvp because 1 handed speed is same as 2 handed but 2 handed got higher damage. For pvp use only 2 handed weapon.

Barbarian become useless when doin bosses? Taunt skill? U forgot that...

1handed speed is 2.3 n 2handed 3.2... So while in 2handed u hit 2times, with 1handed u can hit for 3times... See the different? More hits mean more chance to get crit also...

Shield type also have big regen n def, it help alot on pvp, give u time for pots delay, so u wont dead while waiting for pots delay...

Barbarian become useless when doin bosses? Taunt skill? U forgot that...

1handed speed is 2.3 n 2handed 3.2... So while in 2handed u hit 2times, with 1handed u can hit for 3times... See the different? More hits mean more chance to get crit also...

Shield type also have big regen n def, it help alot on pvp, give u time for pots delay, so u wont dead while waiting for pots delay...

I didn't check the speed after last update. Before I'm sure speed was same. Anyway in pvp more chances you got with 2 handed than 1 handed and shield.

Thank you guys for the ideas and experiences shared.

For the two-handed axe -- that's what i hate about it the speed, but i haven't tried doing it hybrid where you use two-handed then your equips attribute will consist on attack speed and etc. Wondering what will be the result.

For the one-handed -- yes, the speed is okay but the damage is different ofcourse.

I'm still baffled on this set ups. -- :shout: --

But having the two setups in one character like you will have sets of equips for a two-hand and one-hand build will cost you that much (iguess) so might stick to one rather?

What do you think guys? More ideas are welcome!  ::)

I didn't check the speed after last update. Before I'm sure speed was same. Anyway in pvp more chances you got with 2 handed than 1 handed and shield.

Nope, speeds already like that before update...

n if u count by damage, 1handed is better than 2handed...

We use our dmg as example, my dmg is around 175, n as u say ur dmg 250... while u deal 2x hits(250x2=500), i can have 3x hits(175x3=525), as u can see im still win 25 dmg... other thing is im just using lvl13 axe, while u using lvl15 axe...

i checked it already. Now is great. 1 handed works properly and i see difference now. Before update when i check 1 handed i didn't saw speed thats why i give shield to friend.

Formula for swing speed http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=7679.0

Damage per second is higher with one handed vs two handed.  However that does not factor in the skill damage.  So dps for base attack is higher sword and shield but it might be comparable once you factor in the higher skill damage with two hands. 

For example my rogue with just a sword in his right hand does 117 damage per second.  With a sword and knife its 90 damage per second.  However using my skill attack every 4 seconds adds a difference of 100 damage so that makes it comparable to use two weapons and hit harder less often.

For bosses use sword shield.  For pvp use two handed imo. 

One-handed Axe/Sword + Shield

Pros - High speed atack; High defense; Parry; High HP; High HP regen

Cons - Low damage per hit and using Strong Blow; Low dodge; Hard to take aggro from sword rogues

Two-handed Axe/Sword

Pros - Highest damage ever; Easy take aggro; Good HP

Cons - Attacks in slow motion; No parry; Low defense

These are some pros and cons that I noticed during my play time, feel free to add your experiences about the best class ever seen.  ;)

One-handed Axe/Sword + Shield

Pros - High speed atack; High defense; Parry; High HP; High HP regen

Cons - Low damage per hit and using Strong Blow; Low dodge; Hard to take aggro from sword rogues

Two-handed Axe/Sword

Pros - Highest damage ever; Easy take aggro; Good HP

Cons - Attacks in slow motion; No parry; Low defense

These are some pros and cons that I noticed during my play time, feel free to add your experiences about the best class ever seen.  ;)

Thats called a perfect analysis! :) i while pvp today, noticd i cud kill using 2 hand, but hard with 1 hand and shield even died! (just statistics)

• 7 months later...

Thats called a perfect analysis! :) i while pvp today, noticd i cud kill using 2 hand, but hard with 1 hand and shield even died! (just statistics)

In PVP, I think 2 handed is best. The answer really lies in:

"Do i want to survive longer?" OR

"Do i want to kill faster?"

If you have someone with high damage and you are tanking, then obviously a axe and shield is better but everyone targets the stronger person. No point in surviving longer if you don't do any major damage.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Using 1h or 2h is depending on enemy, if u face shaman / druid, u should use 2h wpn, 1h wpn is very useless against healer, u atk with 190 and the healer heal with 250 wtf? Right? Haha