"Other Games" Discussion

Maleshaman

1 and 2 are best on PSP and GBA. I love the mana system from originals, but the remakes are too good. Both have the extra content, get whichever has better graphics and audio in your opinion.

3 is the best on PSP. DS version is the same, but it has lower resolution and doesn't use the bottom screen in any interesting way.

4 is either PSP or GBA. Same deal as 1/2. There is also DS version but I didn't play it.

5 and 6 are the best on GBA. You'll need to apply some patches to fix sound, and maybe graphics, but then they're superior to every other version. There is also a really cool "Custom Classes" mod for FFV, but you might leave that for second playthrough.

is it safe to assume even hardcore original fans have nothing bad to say about the remakes? was anything removed?

There are some people who think originals are the best, but that's simply not true. They improve visuals, sounds, shitty gameplay mechanics, and add a lot of new content.

For example, original Final Fantasy 1 has only one battle theme. First goblins you fight, and final boss, all have the same theme.

is it safe to assume even hardcore original fans have nothing bad to say about the remakes? was anything removed?

Not really, this is why played all originals first, up to 12.

The remake's are more of improvements, or added content, nothing removed, Gameplay / story exactly the same, in some cases the game was made harder.

Although i like ff6 the way it is on snes, anything under 6 is best played on PSP, the nes/snes versions are more of "to have played the original experience" or nostalgic purposes, the remake's are superior in every way.

wow im trying to remember the DS remake i played that i was disappointed in, cant remember. i might just be drowned in nostalgia or something, i feel bad for not giving the others a chance.

i thought the GBA remakes were just the originals, but with added color palettes? ya? cus i remember playing 6 on GBA and found it to be the same experience

course all of these opinions are from me years and years ago, havnt gone back since. could just be nostalgia blocking my view

looks like im gonna fire up those emulators, im currently playing a modded snes super mario rpg, its very very hard. but in a good way

(my avatar is from that game  :blush: )

Touhou games anyone?

EoSD/IN/CtC i've played so far, with least played being IN because no time yet

Just died on Stage 6 in Hard difficulty on EoSD

any1 played pokemon x and y or pokemon white black ? are they good? :drinks:

I have pokemon y and the graphics/gameplay are way much better than they were in black/white but in my opinion its the shortest pokemon game ever made lol(nothing much to do after pokeleague)

Also i dislike most of the new pokemons in the newest generation (look at klefki for example)

If  you ever played the third generation, then id suggest you getting upcoming omega ruby/ alpha sapphire instead.

any1 played pokemon x and y or pokemon white black ? are they good? :drinks:

Pokemon Black/White are good, however online multiplayer is dead.

If you're emulating, then get BlazeBlack/VoltWhite instead. It's a fanmade patch that lets you catch every single Pokemon up-to-date, balances them, gives them new moves, and increases difficulty nicely (trainers that used to have one level 12 pokemon, now would have three level 15 pokemon).

As for X/Y, it's a really good game, goes back to the roots of the series. Online features are done wonderfully. However, it's pretty short. It is advisable to just wait for ORAS.

Hmm i played pokemon last time when gold and silver Edition came out

As soon as i seen the new series i went scared-mode not gonna catch Another 300+ mice,spiders,birds,dragons

Ps : yes i caught them All in gold :D except these from silver omg golden Teenager times omg

Ps#2: is it worth to give it a shot and try One of the new series?

Speaking of Pokemon.

Am i the only one who is annoyed about trying to "catch them all", but not "all" of them are in the same version? It nags at me everytime i think of playing one.. i want them all!! xD

Ya lol i mean i went retard mode when i found out "panzaeron" (german name idk english One )

this metalbird omg my fav btw

, was only available on silver xD

Gold/Silver got remade on DS, that's a good restaring point.

Speaking of Pokemon.

Am i the only one who is annoyed about trying to "catch them all", but not "all" of them are in the same version? It nags at me everytime i think of playing one.. i want them all!! xD

There are mods that let you catch them all. Emerald 386, BlazeBlack, probably every version (excluding 3DS ones) has one of those.

thankyou all for ur reply , btw i emulate them on pc so i cant use online features rite ?? or there is a way  :friends:

Not that I'm aware of. DS multiplayer servers got shut down few months ago.

Gold/Silver got remade on DS, that's a good restaring point.

There are mods that let you catch them all. Emerald 386, BlazeBlack, probably every version (excluding 3DS ones) has one of those.

Not that I'm aware of. DS multiplayer servers got shut down few months ago.

WHAT

was about to say there is a way to mock ip address.....

Hmm i played pokemon last time when gold and silver Edition came out

As soon as i seen the new series i went scared-mode not gonna catch Another 300+ mice,spiders,birds,dragons

Ps : yes i caught them All in gold :D except these from silver omg golden Teenager times omg

catching lugia with 40+ ultra ball fails, was fun

WHAT

was about to say there is a way to mock ip address.....

You can still play local (I think? Nobody in Poland aside from me owns a DS). If you can get it to work online, I'd be interested in hearing this.

You can still play local (I think? Nobody in Poland aside from me owns a DS). If you can get it to work online, I'd be interested in hearing this.

theres a way to play online using an emulated DS but you need a unique DS identifier ID and multiple other unique codes which need to be specific to only one person. i think there was a code generator used to brute force some codes too.

also theres another way to play and it used the same technology that "Project M" used to have easier online access and better connectivity. cant think of the word for it but as i said "Project M" uses this said-technology (unfortunately though this technology is hosted on private servers which are then spread across forums for others to connect to, not official nintendo servers)

but i do remember people successfully brute forcing unique identifier codes for DS systems and was able to connect online using their pc, thats how hackers were able to make programs for the DS. well that and a usb connection.

course hearing the DS's sad news i guess only now those private servers are still online  :(

oh i forgot the video game music i was posting is "from warspear"

silly me

heres some more warspear music for good measure

this guys pretty good at remixing video game music, these are my top 3 favs

this guys pretty good at remixing video game music, these are my top 3 favs

Pretty good indeed.

I Could listen to that guy for days.

Pretty good indeed.

I Could listen to that guy for days.

hes almost at 1 million subscribers should be there within 1-2 days, he has over a hundred songs too

he also does famous movie/television show music, but i didnt post any of those

I have finished Etrian Odyssey 2.

Congratulations

I lost the data of the first 2 games way too many times. Gonna start EO3 sometime soon. And lose the data files again

Congratulations

I lost the data of the first 2 games way too many times. Gonna start EO3 sometime soon. And lose the data files again

Just buy a 3DS, that's a good way to prevent losing your save files by installing trojans.

:^)

guaranteed laughs if u know this song

(i looked at all his other vids and these 2 were most impressive imho)

this one aint half bad but im starting to think he edits certain sounds because nobody can keep a beat this perfect snapping their fingers....

• 1 month later...

Mine used to make a clicking noise whenever I inserted a disc and eventually show a black screen with error message.

I didn't really do much, just the basic stuff: cleaned both lenses and cleaned it of dust.

At first it only read GC games but poking around the drive with a damp cotton swab made it eventually read Wii discs as well.

• 2 weeks later...