Seeker skill idea

Skill name: Sharp focus

Type: Active

Cooldown: 40 seconds

Description: The seeker activates his sharp instincts, gathering all his focus on the enemy.

For a period of time all seeker attacks are impossible to avoid. During the time, the seekers

resistance parameter is also increased.

Effect: 4-6-8-10 seconds,  resistance increase: 10-15-22-30%

I wanna try it too xd

Skill name : berserk

Type :  active

Cooldown : 15 seconds

Description: in a fit of fury the seeker suddenly increases his accuracy and the probability of dodging attacks

Effect:

Lvl 1 : 25% accuracy 30% dodge

Lvl 2 : 30% accuracy 35% dodge

Lvl 3 : 35% accuracy 40% dodge 

Lvl 4 : 40% accuracy 45% dodge 

Duration : 8 seconds, duration will not increase

animation : considering that almost all abilities are copied from others ...
so I think it should be like the animation of dodge of the rogue, but red instead of blue

Edited by Kaesarz

2 hours ago, Kaesarz said:

I wanna try it too xd

Description: in a fit of fury the seeker suddenly increases his accuracy and the probability of dodging attacks

Effect:

so I think it should be like the animation of dodge of the rogue, but red instead of blue

Quiero probarlo también xd

Nombre de la habilidad: loco

Tipo: activo

Enfriamiento: 15 segundos

Descripción: en un ataque de furia, el buscador aumenta repentinamente su precisión y la probabilidad de esquivar ataques

Efecto:

Niv. 1: 25% de precisión 30% de esquiva

Niv. 2: 30% de precisión, 35% de esquiva

Niv. 3: 35% de precisión 40% de esquiva 

Niv. 4: 40% de precisión 45% de esquiva 

Duración : 7segundos, la duración no aumentará

animación: teniendo en cuenta que casi todas las habilidades se copian de otras ...
así que creo que debería ser como la animación de esquivar al pícaro, pero rojo en lugar de azul

I like this one too

On 5/7/2020 at 7:02 PM, Kaesarz said:

I wanna try it too xd

Effect:

I think thats a bit too much dodge and accu packed in one skill, lol. I suggest making it 20% accu and 25% dodge at 4/4 and instead increasing the duration

to 15 seconds and the cooldown to 30.

On 5/8/2020 at 7:29 AM, Lashabi said:

Please suggest passive skills..there are already many mana-consuming skills available for seeker

Skill name: Haralds Instincts

Type: Passive

Description: The seeker gets a boost in dodge and resistance. This bonus is drastically increased in combat.

Effect: Dodge: 2-4-6-8%  Resistance: 2-4-6-8%  In Combat: Dodge: 4-10-15-20%  Resistance: 3-6-9-12%

Just a little criticism: I believe a skill shall be balanced in a matter of gain/loss, at least when it comes to expert skills

All I'm seeing here is a way to break statistics. We agree that perhaps seekers need more defensive skills, but that's more like gaining free buffs cause, why not. 

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

Just a little criticism: I believe a skill shall be balanced in a matter of gain/loss, at least when it comes to expert skills

All I'm seeing here is a way to break statistics. We agree that perhaps seekers need more defensive skills, but that's more like gaining free buffs cause, why not. 

Not sure what you exactly mean because bladedancers get 40% dmg on their autoattacks.

1 hour ago, Toxicbyte said:

Not sure what you exactly mean because bladedancers get 40% dmg on their autoattacks.

I'm indeed the first one to say that they're completely broken. 

11 hours ago, Higgings said:

Seekers have more gain and lost compare to any other classes. 

11 hours ago, Toxicbyte said:

Description: The seeker gets a boost in dodge and resistance. This bonus is drastically increased in combat.

Effect: Dodge: 2-4-6-8%  Resistance: 2-4-6-8%  In Combat: Dodge: 4-10-15-20%  Resistance: 3-6-9-12%

I really like this. I do prefer a passive since Seekers have the worst mana issues.

10 hours ago, Speedom said:

Seekers have more gain and lost compare to any other classes. 

Exactly as it should be. 

Current seekers have to figure out a way in order to make their build work: sacrificing something to gain another thing, supposedly better than what you sacrifice, and this is what makes a class balanced. When you realize that the skill has a too high price, throw that skill away and get a better one. This is the basic way to learn how your class work and to customize it as much as possible.

2nd idea 

Skill name:  combat reflexes

Type: passive

description:  with each missed autoattack of the charater,  the seeker will increase his dodge, accuracy and attack speed for 10 seconds

Effect: 3% (+2% on each level) on dodge accuracy and attack speed  on every autoattack missed , max number of effects, 3

Energy comsumption: 

Lvl 1: 4

Lvl 2: 7

Lvl 3: 10

Lvl 4: 13

(will consume energy on failed attacks until the number of effects is 3... meanwhile, no)

Another one ( variation)

Skill name : adaptation aura

Type: active

Cost of use : 25 mana points

Seeker recover mana points and  increase accuracy  if the character fail an autoattack

Effect   4%/8%/12%/16% energy recovered  and accuracy  for 10 seconds

9 minutes ago, Kaesarz said:

2nd idea 

Skill name:  combat reflexes

Type: passive

description:  with each missed autoattack of the charater,  the seeker will increase his dodge, accuracy and attack speed for 10 seconds

Effect: 3% (+2% on each level) on dodge accuracy and attack speed  on every autoattack missed , max number of effects, 3

Energy comsumption: 

Lvl 1: 4

Lvl 2: 7

Lvl 3: 10

Lvl 4: 13

(will consume energy on failed attacks until the number of effects is 3... meanwhile, no)

Another one ( variation)

Seeker recover mana points and  increase accuracy  if the character fail an autoattack

I like the second variant of the skill more. 

17 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I like the second variant of the skill more. 

It should increase dodge instead of accuracy?

1 minute ago, Kaesarz said:

It should increase dodge instead of accuracy?

Hmm no, I believe this is good enough. It triggers if you miss the attack, making the seeker more deadly. I like it. 

2 hours ago, Higgings said:

Hmm no, I believe this is good enough. It triggers if you miss the attack, making the seeker more deadly. I like it. 

Using the skill already causes you to "miss" one (or 2 with max atk speed) attack. Kinda +-1 in my opinion.

10 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Using the skill already causes you to "miss" one (or 2 with max atk speed) attack. Kinda +-1 in my opinion.

What if the seeker, as "con", loses a bit of accuracy while using this skill?

12 hours ago, Higgings said:

Thats just another wasted 40k gold then..

15 hours ago, Higgings said:

Are you understanding we're trying to give seekers with some defense potential? This will allow Seekers be switch their playing style for both pve and pvp. Adding defensive skills will sacrifice some offensive stats for better defense. I feel like you afraid seekers are gonna be hard to beat due to them having a better survival ability without relying on cardboard shield. And don't give me that "It increases dmg bs." Once that shield is depleted, Seekers are vulnerable.

On 5/10/2020 at 3:54 PM, Higgings said:

Exactly as it should be. 

Current seekers have to figure out a way in order to make their build work: sacrificing something to gain another thing, supposedly better than what you sacrifice, and this is what makes a class balanced. When you realize that the skill has a too high price, throw that skill away and get a better one. This is the basic way to learn how your class work and to customize it as much as possible.

I guarantee know this class potential and weakness. Also, I know this class more than you. 

9 hours ago, Speedom said:

Are you understanding we're trying to give seekers with some defense potential?

With all the due respect, some of the suggestions above are trying to make the seeker broken, more than giving it potentials. Potentials of a class can be reached also by using what the class is specialized on. If you claim that your class is weak because it can't survive to an attack of 5 vs 1 (or even 2 vs 1? But I highly doubt that unless you're facing some CC classes) then I'll tell you a secret: every class is weak in 5 vs 1, except wardens. But wardens, on the other hand, couldn't be dangerous even for a lv 10, when their skill is turned on

I feel like you afraid seekers are gonna be hard to beat due to them having a better survival ability without relying on cardboard shield.

I'm seriously wondering if you guys are aware of what you write. Tell me a single reason of why a PvE dk should be afraid of a seeker being hard to beat in survivability: if you can do what other classes do, am happy for you. As a dk, I can tell you that I could survive in a way seekers might be able to after the update, but in a far better way. Your accusation makes no sense whatsoever. 

And don't give me that "It increases dmg bs." Once that shield is depleted, Seekers are vulnerable.

I won't give you anything like this, but I'll just ask you to calm down and quit with the aggressivity. We're in a (supposedly) polite debate, and not on a street. 

I guarantee know this class potential and weakness. Also, I know this class more than you. 

You're confounding experience with knowledge, my friend. You can certainly be one of the most experienced seekers out there, but knowledge of a class can be reached in another way. 

I'll prove my point by linking you a thread: 

Believe that or not, when this topic was created I had no charmer, never played it and afterwards I never reached a level higher than the lv18 before quitting with the build of a personal charmer. That makes of me a player with 0 experience about charmers, but certainly not one who doesn't know anything about this class. 

Now that I think about it, I should update this thread one of these days

12 hours ago, Zurp said:

Thats just another wasted 40k gold then..

The point of that was making the seeker trigger that expert more frequently. But okay, I respect your opinion, even though I'd love to read why you dislike it. 

Edited by Higgings
Added and Removed some parts

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

The point of that was making the seeker trigger that expert more frequently. But okay, I respect your opinion, even though I'd love to read why you dislike it. 

Im not even sure what the supposed skill would do atm, but losing accuracy is a big no. Hitting attacks consistently is now the only way to stay alive in pve at least.

2 minutes ago, Zurp said:

Im not even sure what the supposed skill would do atm, but losing accuracy is a big no. Hitting attacks consistently is now the only way to stay alive in pve at least.

Hmm it's indeed something that I didn't consider. You're right. 

3 hours ago, Higgings said:

With all the due respect, some of the suggestions above are trying to make the seeker broken, more than giving it potentials. Potentials of a class can be reached also by using what the class is specialized on. If you claim that your class is weak because it can't survive on an attack of 5 vs 1 (or even 2 vs 1? But I highly doubt that unless you're facing some CC classes) then I'll tell you a secret: every class is weak in 5 vs 1, except wardens. But wardens, on the other hand, couldn't be dangerous even for a lv 10, when their skill is turned on

This is not to make seeker broken, its to give seeker a chance to survive in pvp. Have you seen seekers in pvp? Once they get stun locked, they are

a sitting duck waiting to die. Seekers got very good damage, which is nice but they are lacking in defence. They are easy to kite and

the attraction skill is clumsy.

44 minutes ago, Toxicbyte said:

This is not to make seeker broken, its to give seeker a chance to survive in pvp. Have you seen seekers in pvp? Once they get stun locked, they are

a sitting duck waiting to die. Seekers got very good damage, which is nice but they are lacking in defence. They are easy to kite and

the attraction skill is clumsy.

If a rogue got the same treatment he would face the same destiny as seekers. Stun chaining is a problematic that sees many classes being involved into, but it is something that, in a many vs many scenarios, can be avoided (a mage, for example, can help you out with this). Devs have said that many times: it is not a 1 vs 1 game. I believe skills are made accordingly.

Nonetheless, I haven't said that every single skill above makes the seeker broken. To be more precise, I consider broken those skills that just give you buffs out of thin air, almost like it is due for that class to have such buffs. Add a sort of time during which this skill lasts or a precise condition for this skill to be triggered (from 0), and I can change my opinion about them. 

To be even more precise, this. This can be considered as a passive statistic for this class, almost like the ones factions have got. Too op, in my modest opinion. 

On 5/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, Toxicbyte said:

2 minutes ago, Higgings said:

If a rogue got the same treatment he would face the same destiny as seekers. Stun chaining is a problematic that sees many classes being involved into, but it is something that, in a many vs many scenarios, can be avoided (a mage, for example, can help you out with this). Devs have said that many times: it is not a 1 vs 1 game. I believe skills are made accordingly.

Nonetheless, I haven't said that every single skill above makes the seeker broken. To be more precise, I consider broken those skills that just give you buffs out of thin air, almost like it is due for that class to have such buffs. Add a sort of time during which this skill lasts or a precise condition for this skill to be triggered (from 0), and I can change my opinion about them. 

This topic is about Seeker skill ideas about survivability. Why are you bringing DK, Charmer, Rogue, Warden, and Mage in the mix? If you wanna talk about broken. Your Charmer have the most broken stun chain in the game. Anywho, lets get back to the main topic. Shall we?

Just now, Speedom said:

This topic is about Seeker skill ideas about survivability. Why are you bringing DK, Charmer, Rogue, Warden, and Mage in the mix? If you wanna talk about broken. Your Charmer have the most broken stun chain in the game. Anywho, lets get back to the main topic. Shall we?

I mentioned them so that you could get an example. I have not mentioned any of them with the purpose of creating skills for other classes or creating tactics that only other specified classes can achieve; you have willingly missed the point of my comment and not replied to the points of my previous one which were perfectly following the topic's theme; fair enough. 

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

I mentioned them so that you could get an example. I have not mentioned any of them with the purpose of creating skills for other classes or creating tactics that only other specified classes can achieve; you have willingly missed the point of my comment and not replied to the points of my previous one which were perfectly following the topic's theme; fair enough. 

Hmp, ok…

So, in your opinion, what do you think Seeker should have as a next expert skill? I wanna know your idea as a Forsaken player.

On 5/10/2020 at 4:50 PM, Kaesarz said:

I believe something like this can work. Seeker's problem is that they waste too much energy with those skills, and this can help you out with that. It triggers only when you fail an auto attack, hence it has a fair enough price to be activated. Fair enough even for the ammount of time it lasts. 

Forgive me, you perhaps asked for defensive skills more than buffing ones. You can reach a compromise with this:

On 5/9/2020 at 2:30 PM, Toxicbyte said:

Just add a sort of cost: like at 30% hps or even 40% if you wish. The way it is rn sounds broken as hell. 

Edited by Higgings
Consecutio Temporum

On 5/11/2020 at 5:29 PM, Higgings said:

I believe something like this can work. Seeker's problem is that they waste too much energy with those skills, and this can help you out with that. It triggers only when you fail an auto attack, hence it has a fair enough price to be activated. Fair enough even for the ammount of time it lasts. 

Forgive me, you perhaps asked for defensive skills more than buffing ones. You can reach a compromise with this:

Just add a sort of cost: like at 30% hps or even 40% if you wish. The way it is rn sounds broken as hell. 

You know what sounds broken as hell? being able to permastun and deal a shit load of damage(bladedancer), being able to permastun and

heal a shit ton (druid, charmer)

On 5/11/2020 at 5:09 PM, Higgings said:

Devs have said that many times: it is not a 1 vs 1 game. I believe skills are made accordingly.

Seekers are not better in a 2vs2 scenario, not even close. Besides that we didnt talk about 1vs1 directly.

On 5/12/2020 at 12:29 AM, Higgings said:

oof hp is not too bad of an idea but won't really suit Seekers lore. I think Inner rage should be an hp drainer. Solar Power already take extra dmg. I understand you want seekers to have pros and cons. But there no really need for that with seekers current skills. Instead of resist, I'll take mana regain and mana regain speed when you dodge.

20 minutes ago, Toxicbyte said:

You know what sounds broken as hell? being able to permastun and deal a shit load of damage(bladedancer), being able to permastun and

heal a shit ton (druid, charmer)

Definitely agreeing with you here

20 minutes ago, Toxicbyte said:

Seekers are not better in a 2vs2 scenario, not even close. 

Their usefulness makes them strong enough when it comes to pull characters in many vs many scenarios. Get a character close enough to you and your team mates and you'll most probably take it out in a matter of seconds. Otherwise, pull the most hated class in 2v2 and kill it. There are too many variabilities in many vs many scenarios: you couldn't physically make an example that approaches as much as possible to the reality in these cases.

22 minutes ago, Toxicbyte said:

Besides that we didnt talk about 1vs1 directly.

You're contradicting yourself. If you had considered the presence of another class useful enough to save you from these situations, you wouldn't have brought the possibility of a perma stun scenario. 

3 minutes ago, Speedom said:

I understand you want seekers to have pros and cons.

I want every class like that bro. I mean, every single class. Not only the seeker. I'd really have no logic reason to see Seeker Players being angry, especially since I don't even go for PvP. 

11 hours ago, Higgings said:

want every class like that bro. I mean, every single class. Not only the seeker. I'd really have no logic reason to see Seeker Players being angry, especially since I don't even go for PvP. 

We're not angry, but disappointed due to how expensive it is to make a pro seeker. So making a versatile seeker will help f2p players. Right now at high lvl, Seekers need to be +9 amp with at least 25% lifesteal or else they'll die fast(pve). Especially, the ones that uses solar power that can't afford lifesteal gear or runes. We're just suggesting a sustainable defensive expext skill for survivability for both pve and pvp.

8 minutes ago, Speedom said:

We're not angry, but disappointed due to how expensive it is to make a pro seeker. So making a versatile seeker will help f2p players.

I consider every pro tank (aside warden) very expensive to build. It took me 7 years and the help of many friends of mine to arrive where I am. This game is in generally too expensive, and this is why I even suggested once to make as a reward from daily quests a set of 5 pcs of signs instead of a single piece, or to make signs available with currencies such as arena points or eventually even crimson corundrums: the single piece we sometimes get as a reward is (in my modest opinion) insignificant, due to the ammount of pieces used to decently amp an item.

We are saying the same thing here, just I consider your opinion on a bigger perspective. 

13 minutes ago, Speedom said:

Right now at high lvl, Seekers need to be +9 amp with at least 25% lifesteal or else they'll die fast(pve)

Back to the solo scenario; even this was not contemplated by developpers in environments like Ayvondil (otherwise there wouldn't be such things like the Spring Event's solo dungeon). The fact that players can solo some things makes them strong, but still, this is not the way it was meant. You can't therefore say that a pro seeker needs +9 weapons and a bit of life steal if we consider that Ayvondil quests (but even other stuff... idk... I took Ayvondil as a minimal example but it could be litterally anything aside Spring Events) have been designed to be completed in group.

If we had an Island made specifically to be soloed and seekers couldn't achieve that unless amping themselces to +9, in that case I would totally agree with you. 

17 hours ago, Higgings said:

I consider every pro tank (aside warden) very expensive to build. It took me 7 years and the help of many friends of mine to arrive where I am. This game is in generally too expensive, and this is why I even suggested once to make as a reward from daily quests a set of 5 pcs of signs instead of a single piece, or to make signs available with currencies such as arena points or eventually even crimson corundrums: the single piece we sometimes get as a reward is (in my modest opinion) insignificant, due to the ammount of pieces used to decently amp an item.

We are saying the same thing here, just I consider your opinion on a bigger perspective

Definitely agree here. We do need a better reward system. This will definitely make players grind more.

17 hours ago, Higgings said:

Back to the solo scenario; even this was not contemplated by developpers in environments like Ayvondil (otherwise there wouldn't be such things like the Spring Event's solo dungeon). The fact that players can solo some things makes them strong, but still, this is not the way it was meant. You can't therefore say that a pro seeker needs +9 weapons and a bit of life steal if we consider that Ayvondil quests (but even other stuff... idk... I took Ayvondil as a minimal example but it could be litterally anything aside Spring Events) have been designed to be completed in group.

Yea that's true. However, at high lvl, we're starting to see more mobs and bosses doing aoe dmg. And you know everyone likes to do boss raid along side with pvp. Not all the time you'll have a tank in your party. Therefore Seekers do, like all high dmg class, aggro. Them aggro makes survivability worst due to the update on harad shield cd increased and a cardboard shield. Not even the duration relic can help. Trust me, been there and done that. Adding a dodge skill will give seekers some potential with surviving. Ya know how it can be when healers aggro and have to keep themselves alive and heal you afterwards. In addition, for the f2p players with no lifesteal, this can help them stay alive if they manage to aggro. That's pretty much how I see it.

more ideas

skill name: blinding blow 

type: active

cost of use: 25 mana points

cooldown: 20 seconds

description: reduces accuracy and attack speed for a period of time

effect:

lv1: -25% attack speed -10% accuracy  10 seconds

lv2: -30% attack speed -15% accuracy 12 seconds

lv3: -35% attack speed - 20% accuracy 14 seconds

lv4: -40% attack speed  -25% accuracy 16 seconds

skill name: elusive hability

type : pasive

description : every 3 skills used the seeker will have the opportunity to evade a certain amount of attacks, the number of attacks evaded will depend on the skill level, if the skill is upgraded above level 3 the seeker will receive 15% parry

effect: 

lv1: 2 positive attacks evaded

lv2: 3 positive attacks evaded

lv3: 3 positive attacks evaded + 15% parry

lv4 : 4 positive attacks evaded (parry included)

+useful if you are attacked by multiple opponents

+ more chance to resist a little more in pvp

- massive use of skills is necessary, so energy will be a problem here (again)