20%+ parry

Bd is so strong, combining high dps with good effective instant skills without restrictions and even a short range skill. Now the easiest way to kill a bd is with superior def stats that can hold off hams and strikes. My question is why is everyone against parry bd? They can reach an amazing 20%+ parry if they wanted and for sure no melee class can beat bds dps in combo with a 1/5 chance to reduce dmg to 0. Never heard of a full parry bd and I don't. Know why?

Strictly melee fighting, I don't care about lame kiters classes in this discussion.

Bd is so strong, combining high dps with good effective instant skills without restrictions and even a short range skill. Now the easiest way to kill a bd is with superior def stats that can hold off hams and strikes. My question is why is everyone against parry bd? They can reach an amazing 20%+ parry if they wanted and for sure no melee class can beat bds dps in combo with a 1/5 chance to reduce dmg to 0. Never heard of a full parry bd and I don't. Know why?

Strictly melee fighting, I don't care about lame kiters classes in this discussion.

:lol:

yup they are lame..

anyway

i guess most bd do not concentrate on it cause the skill would work only for 5 out of 12 classes.

its like for my cloak i am still debating if a parry or regen rune would be more beneficial due to the above reason. at least the regen would work for all classes(even though its small) and in the volcano stage the regen would help too.

thanks

barge

Mmmm I don't know if I agree with the 1/5 chance to reduce dmg to 0. Most of the rogues has like 30%+ dodge with skill, ofc. But it doesn't mean we dodge most of the hits, as it depends on opponents accuracy.

Every good melee player I met had lots of different gears and combos. And lots of different gears requeers loads of money spent in the game. Jim helped me alot with the building of my rogue and bd. And from what I learned with him, dodge is "better" than parry coz it works versus both ranged classes and melees. So you would mostly use the parry gear just for pvp, not arena.

In our pvps, when he used parry gear versus me it was just impossible to beat him (it was a mix of high acc, parry and resil I guess). Anws, even with ham being a 2 yards skill, it can also be parried.

Finally found it  :facepalm:

Anws, if Afro explained it right, dodge comes before parry! ;D

And it's about resilience... but you got my point XD

Why would this be confusing from a programming standpoint?

Because in basic language the game has already checked for a dodge.

Typically it goes like this:

Attack->Check first 1. Hit or 2. Dodge

If 2. Then Dodge

if 1. Then next check:

1. Hit or 2. Parry

If 2. Then parry

If 1. Then next check:

1. Normal hit or 2. Critical hit

If 1. Then normal hit

If 2. The next check:

1. Avoid or 2. Do not avoid.

If 2. Then critical hit.

If 1 then dodge

Mmmm I don't know if I agree with the 1/5 chance to reduce dmg to 0. Most of the rogues has like 30%+ dodge with skill, ofc. But it doesn't mean we dodge most of the hits, as it depends on opponents accuracy.

Every good melee player I met had lots of different gears and combos. And lots of different gears requeers loads of money spent in the game. Jim helped me alot with the building of my rogue and bd. And from what I learned with him, dodge is "better" than parry coz it works versus both ranged classes and melees. So you would mostly use the parry gear just for pvp, not arena.

In our pvps, when he used parry gear versus me it was just impossible to beat him (it was a mix of high acc, parry and resil I guess). Anws, even with ham being a 2 yards skill, it can also be parried.

Parry will reduce 1/5 hits to 0 (it it's 20%). Yes dodge works on melee and range, but dodge is reduce by attackers accuracy. Like you said 30% on stat can be 10% ingame vs a high accu opponent. However parry has no reduction, it works only melee but is a set %, so 20% is also 20% effective in melee combat.

Ham is probably the strongest melee class disable ingame now. Disabling the opponent for 5sec and deal 700-800 dmg over time, that's insane with bds regular dps being very high. Yes it can be stopped by dodge/parry/block, but so can DKs exhale which deals half dmg (only for spear) and stuns for only 2sec. And this is not a fast instant skill.

In my eyes if you're losing to a kite class with bd it's a overwhelming fact you'd lost even with 5% extra dodge, but a bd with 20%+ parry be almost impossible for any other melee class of equal amp to beat.

It just puzzles me how people can call parry skill shit? I play DK arena tank now and the only reason I can beat top amp bds are cause of parry and block, that on avg negates atleast one ham per fight, many times two. That's 1500dmg and 10sec silence.

This is just my thoughts, how I would build my bd if I made one.

actually nobody talked about block xD u can get 12.9% block max :P combined with max parry + meduim dodge :crazy: i have the max block im still working on the max parry thought and meduim dodge on my paladin

Cause bds don't have block  :wacko: and people here are so scared of not playing a 2h burst build.

My dk is spec as arena tank. It's not maxed cause heroic shield sucks but high stats all over the def spectrum.

-Dodge 20.8%

-Parry 10.1%

-Block 12.5%

Though I don't think I'd beat a 20%+ parry bd with its overwhelming dps, unless I was really lucky. I really need all my hits to land. Bd has the best chance to combo 2h dmg with def rates of a shielder, like no other class can in my eyes. If they don't want a parry skill give it to me  :rofl:

Cause bds don't have block  :wacko: and people here are so scared of not playing a 2h burst build.

My dk is spec as arena tank. It's not maxed cause heroic shield sucks but high stats all over the def spectrum.

-Dodge 20.8%

-Parry 10.1%

-Block 12.5%

Though I don't think I'd beat a 20%+ parry bd with its overwhelming dps, unless I was really lucky. I really need all my hits to land. Bd has the best chance to combo 2h dmg with def rates of a shielder, like no other class can in my eyes. If they don't want a parry skill give it to me  :rofl:

hehe xD maybe yes but i know for sure that u can kill a ranger easier than a bd can ;) and no way i love my heroic shield ^-^ its better than arena one in ench maybe its abit weaker in resi yea ik but still i prefer 18 on a 17 xD more def + hp reg + more block + abit more hp for the cost of resi np ;) its better for farm and pvp/arena

I don't think full parry builds suck, they're just too situational for my tastes. I had kaworu on 20% parry 20% accuracy 20% dodge for a month or so, it was awesome at times..other times wishing I had points elsewhere. Anyways I've said it before and my feeling on it is still the same.. if all you do is melee PvP then gogo 20%+ parry, otherwise you're just gimping your potential in arena/world vs the majority of other classes out there.

I don't really trust these %'s

I'd stack a stat to a point where it normally occurs like 1-3/5 of the time.

Imo 10% parry is enough, I'm doing fine with 2%.

I have 20% accuracy, my opponent had 23% dodge yet he dodged 2 of my hits in a row, my enemy normally has 0% accuracy and my dodge is 35% yet sometimes I barely even dodge. So yeah, I wouldn't really trust stacking to max, but dodge on a Rogue is a good thing to stack, not saying it's bad, You have Kick in the back to cut out the enemies accuracy so yeah, every drop will count but then again it's %'s

in short, 99% can fail 100 times before it succeeds.

I don't think full parry builds suck, they're just too situational for my tastes. I had kaworu on 20% parry 20% accuracy 20% dodge for a month or so, it was awesome at times..other times wishing I had points elsewhere. Anyways I've said it before and my feeling on it is still the same.. if all you do is melee PvP then gogo 20%+ parry, otherwise you're just gimping your potential in arena/world vs the majority of other classes out there.

i agree to^

I don't really trust these %'s

I'd stack a stat to a point where it normally occurs like 1-3/5 of the time.

Imo 10% parry is enough, I'm doing fine with 2%.

I have 20% accuracy, my opponent had 23% dodge yet he dodged 2 of my hits in a row, my enemy normally has 0% accuracy and my dodge is 35% yet sometimes I barely even dodge. So yeah, I wouldn't really trust stacking to max, but dodge on a Rogue is a good thing to stack, not saying it's bad, You have Kick in the back to cut out the enemies accuracy so yeah, every drop will count but then again it's %'s

in short, 99% can fail 100 times before it succeeds.

Sange is right, somtimes stacking on dodge and other % stats can at times have almost no effect in battles. We did some testing awhile back. He had a very high dodge %, but it wasn't having much effect until he kicked me in the back. It almost seems like the stats are sleeping sometimes. When I sign in I always take off all of my gear and put it back on. Seems to help, but it could be just me. But as far as bd and the parry %, I agree with Bloody 100%.