New game mechanic : Erosion

Azebu

So, I think everyone hates that healers can heal allies/themselves, which results in the fights going on forever.

So, what I thought of, is something to stop this.

Erosion.

It is very simple concept. Every time you lose health, you will receive a debuff, which reduces your maximum health until you leave combat (or until you leave arena). The amount of max health you lose is a set percentage of damage received.

For my examples I will be using 10% erosion, which means that for every 10 damage inflicted, you will receive -1 max health.

So, for example, you have 1000 max health, you receive 100 damage. You will have 900 health, but you can only be healed back to 990.

Some of the spells, could also give debuff to enemies (or buff to allies), which increases the amount of erosion. For example, Rogues kick in the back could give extra 25% erosion for several seconds.

There are four things that we need to discuss.

1. Does "prevented" damage proc erosion? (For example, priest shield blocks 500dmg attack, however the 50 max health would be substracted too.)

2. Does the erosion gets procced in PvE, or only by other players?

3. What rate of erosion would be balanced. We want to balance healing in PvP, not make it useless.

4. Should erosion in form of stat be added to the game? As in, something like dodge/crit, that you can increase with equipment/crystals. Or maybe should we incorporate it to existing one, like armor penetration?

I do not agree with this suggestion.

I think the way it is now is great.

lallouss: Summarizing, each heal its maximum HP decreases.

I do not agree with this suggestion.

I think the way it is now is great.

lallouss: Summarizing, each heal its maximum HP decreases.

Nope. Not each heal. Each damage.

You have 3500/3500 HP, you receive 2000 damage, and now you have 1500/3300 HP. Simple.

I found myself struggling against never-ending flash heals on arenas many times. We need to nerf heal classes in PvP.

Great idea definietly balances things at least between necro's,  shammy's and priests vs. Bd's pala's and rogue's ;) 

I think Melee is already OP, take a look at arena rating! Melee is always no. 1. Its not about unbalanced between melee and ranged but it depends on your arena partner, melee can be best arena fighter if the only with good partner, the arena rating is proving it. Well done.

I think it would be better in focusing on the stagger.

A good kiter can kill a melee class without heal.

indeed,warlocks don't really use heal,still they can 0 dmg alot of melees.

I think it would be better in focusing on the stagger.

A good kiter can kill a melee class without heal.

indeed,warlocks don't really use heal,still they can 0 dmg alot of melees.

I agree. But having bigger problem doesn't mean the smaller is nonexistant.

Warlocks are OP, but heal in PvP is OP too. If I had a good idea to balance them, I'd post it.

I agree. But having bigger problem doesn't mean the smaller is nonexistant.

Warlocks are OP, but heal in PvP is OP too. If I had a good idea to balance them, I'd post it.

in my opinion,for melee need skills that can chalenge ranged classes skills

Well heal isn't really a problem for me but yeah I have higher damage than average

Normally if people had high heal it would mean they aren't using arena equips which makes them more squishy unless they enchant their weapon with astral.

But I think it would be better to balance stagger and range stuns first, who knows, heal might be balanced then.