Introducing Arena accessories with a new stat - Concentration

Gladiator

I'd like to suggest a new stat that comes in new Arena shop accessories for Arena points. I think Arena shops deserve accessories since the only PvP-Viable accessories cost imperials which not every one can afford. So what is this new stat? Concentration - or whatever you wanna call it 😄

Concentration: Increases the accuracy of landing any debuffs, in other words reduces the chance of resisting debuffs from skills or relics.

I think Resistance is kinda getting a little out of hand in PvP and Arena. You can get around 20% resistance with lvl12 guild passive while still keeping decent resilience, defense and damage. Not to mention castle scroll's 20% resistance and 15% from xmas potions. Reaching around 50% resistance with over 40% resilience as a heavy dmger class sounds crazy, and it is.

Now I don't think resistance is broken or anything, I don't think it should be nerfed let alone removed, I think it's important to have it in the game to counter full control classes. The problem is when you have a skill that has a debuff maxed out, so you have invested 3 skill points on an expert skill for example and then it just gets wasted on resistance. Which makes you wonder why the heck should I even level this skill up? Resistances also gives a bigger advantage to full damage classes than to control classes (Obviously).

Concentration will counter Resistance, now it doesn't have to be so that 10% concentration completely cancels out 10% resistance, I think resistance should still have the upper edge, but at least there would be a way for debuff/control classes to be able to do something against insane resistances, even if it takes sacrificing important stats... Especially if it takes sacrificing important stats. Why important stats you might ask? That's because the new accessories will not have any damage in them. They would have magical defense, HP, Resilience, and Concentration (Cape: p. def and mana reg for HP). I would also not mind introducing crystals that would be applicable on amulets and capes (Rings too?), but still not sure about enchants. The values of the stats and the buffs can be decided by devs of course depending how they see it balanced, but I think it would be good to be able reach a high enough amount to cancel out a resistance of 20-25%.

For example and for simplicity purposes, imagine this 1v1 scenario: Warlock with 850 dmg and 0% concentration vs BD with 20% Resistance might prefer replace his greatness accessories for Concentration ones and go for 600 dmg and 20-25% Concentration and leave a slight to or even no chance to get resisted.

I can see how hard it could be to balance this stat, but I think it's important.

If well balanced, this will add a bit more depth to the Debuff-Resistance interaction and make it a little less randomizded by introducing a third controllable factor. Before, it would be the skill's chance to apply debuff vs Resistance, now Concentration will have to be taken into consideration, giving more importance to gear-building and less room for RNG. Of course there will still be a little RNG if the defenders Resistance (greatly) exceeds the attackers Concentration, in that case, the Concentration will only decrease the defender's Resistance chance. Also need to keep in mind that full control should not happen, that's why I said it needs to be balanced so that Resistance still overcomes Concentration, unless the defender's Resistance is very very low.

Now this stat could also be introduced in PvE of course, but my main interest was Arena. But it would be cool to have it in some form in PvE, maybe if the stat could be gained by enchanting accessories or so. I'm not a big fan of the enchants idea tbh I just mentioned it for the sake of mentioning it, because then people will just enchant Greatness accessories and still reduces resistance keeping high damage, I really think it should replace the damage stat on the accessories, since it's gonna be impactful.

Thoughts?

Edited by Gladiator