DeathKnight - From Zero to Hero! [Higgings - EU-EMERALD]

Higgings

4 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

Can a sword and shield dk be useful? 

Useful, absolutely. If it's the best build for him, no it's not. Swords are right now the most unused weapons in the game, as people rather have maxed damage and exploit Life Steal's power for this class. The problem is that some defensive statistics can be found also on maces. Maces have usually got also magic damage, which gives the Death Knight way more strenght in its skills altogether; this is why I would remove parry stat from maces as satistic. Developers realized of this in arena, and they removed Penetration from Axes (too op) giving that to Swords (making them balanced). At the same time, they made Swords useful in a context such as arena. The same thing should be done with PvE. You won't see a single player using Swords (unless low amped ones or Tanky Bds) because there's simply a better choice to pick outside. Things might change if future maces might miss stats such as Parry. In that case, for the sake of tankiness, I'd go for a sword with magic damage... (psst, devs, I'm throwing a lil' suggestion here!)

55 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Useful, absolutely. If it's the best build for him, no it's not. Swords are right now the most unused weapons in the game, as people rather have maxed damage and exploit Life Steal's power for this class. The problem is that some defensive statistics can be found also on maces. Maces have usually got also magic damage, which gives the Death Knight way more strenght in its skills altogether; this is why I would remove parry stat from maces as satistic. Developers realized of this in arena, and they removed Penetration from Axes (too op) giving that to Swords (making them balanced). At the same time, they made Swords useful in a context such as arena. The same thing should be done with PvE. You won't see a single player using Swords (unless low amped ones or Tanky Bds) because there's simply a better choice to pick outside. Things might change if future maces might miss stats such as Parry. In that case, for the sake of tankiness, I'd go for a sword with magic damage... (psst, devs, I'm throwing a lil' suggestion here!)

I have used a sword before on my dk and I had a high chance to both parry and block. I was asking for others advice if it's actually viable. Most ppl for seasonal dungeons always look for dmg and Defense

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

I'd go for a sword with magic damage

they actually give dk a sword with magic damage in the beginner set, i just don't know why they didn't keep it going with more, higher lvl magic damage swords

Edited by 0gull

9 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

I have used a sword before on my dk and I had a high chance to both parry and block. I was asking for others advice if it's actually viable. Most ppl for seasonal dungeons always look for dmg and Defense

You can reach both damage and defence with a mace, nowadays. This is why I don't recommend the use of a sword for Death Knights. 

On 11/15/2020 at 10:39 AM, Higgings said:

You can reach both damage and defence with a mace, nowadays. This is why I don't recommend the use of a sword for Death Knights. 

I seen a dk from us saphire equipped with sword and mermen light armors it may work xd

Just now, Kazakus said:

I seen a dk from us saphire equipped with sword and mermen light armors it may work xd

It may surely work somehow, and from how you describe it I'd say that the guy was using a Damage Build. Swords, in my opinion, don't suit this class properly due to the lack of Magic Damage, thing which lately players are looking for. On the other hand, swords do usually have good defensive statistics.

Long story short, if you really love Swords, use them to Tank and not to deal damage. 

• 4 weeks later...

Even after 9.3, is it possible to create Damagers (especially Magic ones) DKs?

And is it possible to play as DK without Vampirism on equipments?

15 hours ago, Khrone said:

Even after 9.3, is it possible to create Damagers (especially Magic ones) DKs?

DK-Damagers always existed. The difference is that they're less effective compared to other tanks (maybe a bit better than Paladins).

In terms of Magic Damage, the result is satisfying. With this update, Magic Damage DKs have got a further reason to exist as damagers, hence, as players who decide not to tank. Certainly, we are moving to a nice point but DKs definitely deserve more love in terms of Defensive Abilities. 

15 hours ago, Khrone said:

And is it possible to play as DK without Vampirism on equipments?

In PvP, yes. In PvE, close to no unless you use minions. DKs have got no endurance abilities aside Reserves and due to the skill's very high cooldown (2 mins is a lot to wait in dynamic situations such as dungeons) you can't rely on them too much. In my personal opinion, no, DKs still highly depend on this statistic in order to work fine. 

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

In PvP, yes. In PvE, close to no unless you use minions. DKs have got no endurance abilities aside Reserves and due to the skill's very high cooldown (2 mins is a lot to wait in dynamic situations such as dungeons) you can't rely on them too much. In my personal opinion, no, DKs still highly depend on this statistic in order to work fine. 

What about Saturation? I mean, 25% of Vampirism is good, right? Also, it doesn't cost HP anymore below a certain amount of it.

I would use something like:

Thorns of Death - 4/5

Exhalation of Darkness - 4/5

Dark Shield - 5/5

About the new skills, i really don't know. Since you're a expert DK, you could tell me what's better:

Steel Hurricane or Knight's Curse - 4/4

Saturation - 4/4

Aura of Hatred or Sharp Shadow - 4/4 

(I know that they're 2 totally different skills, but...

Sharp Shadow looks bad, but with like 600, 700 Magical Damage, it can easily deal 3K damage without Critical, maybe 2.5K considering the Magical Defense, healing a bit more than 1K)

10 minutes ago, Khrone said:

What about Saturation? I mean, 25% of Vampirism is good, right? Also, it doesn't cost HP anymore below a certain amount of it.

Definitely better but still not enough. Stronger skills do exist in game yet they cost 0 to be activated (cough cough* +40% basic dmg *cough cough)

12 minutes ago, Khrone said:

About the new skills, i really don't know. Since you're a expert DK, you could tell me what's better:

That depends on you. Sharp Shadow is a hybrid skill and hit one target. Curse is nice to deal dmg AoE wise And it's affected by dmg multipliers (aka ferocity, depth Fury and so on...)

You'd better tell me first an idea of DK you'd want to create. We might work on a build after. 

11 minutes ago, Higgings said:

You'd better tell me first an idea of DK you'd want to create. We might work on a build after. 

A PvE hybrid/magical damager that isn't as squishy as... some other undead guys.

15 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Sharp Shadow is a hybrid skill and hit one target.

Isn't it magical? Or you mean that it's good for both PvE and PvP?

1 minute ago, Khrone said:

A PvE hybrid/magical damager that isn't as squishy as... some other undead guys.

If you want to be a DK capable to tank, forget the 2h build unless:

1. You have got high life steal or

2. You have got a Mermen Set for tank.

If you desire to be tanky somehow then I would send you a link from calculator about the build I think it's decent for a hybrid dk damager: 

https://wsdb.xyz/calc/en/295278

Skill wise: I'd go for 4/4 Call, 3/4 Sharp, 3/4 Curse and 3/4 Blood Protection. Switch call to 3 and sharp to 4 if you plan to PvP more than you do PvE. 

If you want to be a DK capable to tank, forget the 2h build unless:

1. You have got high life steal or

2. You have got a Mermen Set for tank.

If you desire to be tanky somehow then I would send you a link from calculator about the build I think it's decent for a hybrid dk damager: 

https://wsdb.xyz/calc/en/295278

Skill wise: I'd go for 4/4 Call, 3/4 Sharp, 3/4 Curse and 3/4 Blood Protection. Switch call to 3 and sharp to 4 if you plan to PvP more than you do PvE. 

But i don't want to tank :cry2: by "Hybrid", i mean "Physical and Magical damage", not "Damager and Tank"

But i don't want to tank :cry2: by "Hybrid", i mean "Physical and Magical damage", not "Damager and Tank"

Then go for a 2h mace (preferably the spring one) and go for a maxed Aura of Hatred instead of Death Call. 

Maximise your stats on Critical, accuracy and penetration. You won't be spamming skills since cooldowns of each skill are decently balanced, so you shouldn't be running out of mana too soon. 

Then go for a 2h mace (preferably the spring one) and go for a maxed Aura of Hatred instead of Death Call. 

So:

Knight's Curse - 3/4

Sharp Shadow - 3/4

Blood Protection - 3/4

Aura of Hatred - 4/4

?

So:

Knight's Curse - 3/4

Sharp Shadow - 3/4

Blood Protection - 3/4

Aura of Hatred - 4/4

?

I'd go for that, yea. In order to respect your first requirement of not being (too) squishy

Just now, Higgings said:

I'd go for that, yea. In order to respect your first requirement of not being (too) squishy

But why not Saturation instead of Blood Protection?

Some people say Blood Protection is bad because of the low duration

Also, Vampirism would (probably) be better for a damager

3 minutes ago, Khrone said:

But why not Saturation instead of Blood Protection?

Some people say Blood Protection is bad because of the low duration

Also, Vampirism would (probably) be better for a damager

Because you're using a 2h weapon and a critical hit set, thus you're focusing on offensive stats more than defensive. Saturation would cost you HPs in a less measure than usual (600 hps maybe?) But you'd be defenseless against critical hits. Blood Protection shall give you a second chance - well, you'd die slower - more than Saturation would. You don't have a counter which tells you that Saturation will cost 0 from now, and in a dynamic situation you can't really do the math. It's enough to have 51% of HPs to see your bar being depleted and that makes this skill unreliable.

В 15.11.2020 в 08:31, Ogull сказал:

they actually give dk a sword with magic damage in the beginner set, i just don't know why they didn't keep it going with more, higher lvl magic damage swords

The same question.I would like to have such sword(some cool spring version)because...swords look cool...:pigface:

Edited by Ладиан

55 minutes ago, Ладиан said:

The same question.I would like to have such sword(some cool spring version)because...swords look cool...:pigface:

I mean, they added new maces types on recent events (just some variations of existent ones, but still...)

It would be cool to have Magical Swords, especially if the next Forsaken class was something like a hybrid damage version of Rogue/Seeker/BD.

Sadly, AIGRIND probably won't add Magical Swords since only DKs and maybe Paladins would use it.

If Magical Swords were added, Templars and Charmers could use it too. I don't see any problems with it.

Spoiler

But please, let's not have Magical Axes.

Just Magical Maces and Swords are enough.

Edited by Khrone

It is so unfair to cast Exhalation of Darkness and not even be able to use it because you miss the attack :must_resist1:

Edited by Khrone

54 minutes ago, Khrone said:

It is so unfair to cast Exhalation of Darkness and not even be able to use it because you miss the attack :must_resist1:

Shall we also speak about the skill not being able to crit?

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Shall we also speak about the skill not being able to crit?

I mean, the short duration of it is kinda acceptable, since the skill has 10s of cooldown and 4s of stun, so you have 6s without stun, and you also have more control like Sharp Shadow and Blow of Silence, but there are a lot of ways to make it a good damage skill, like:

• Being able to crit
  • 100% hit chance
  • Multiple damage hits (but the only the 1st one being able to stun)

Idk, the skill isn't bad but isn't good too

UPDATE: I gave up on leveling up my DK

Reason: what is wrong with that class lol

Edited by Khrone

8 hours ago, Khrone said:

Reason: what is wrong with that class lol

don't worry! it can deal magical damage!!!

54 minutes ago, Ogull said:

don't worry! it can deal magical damage!!!

The low chance of successfully hitting Exhalation of Darkness triggers me :rage:

What is the sense of giving the class a skill that you can't even use in most part of the time? Just increase the buff duration and/or make it hit with 100% of chance or even make it activating with melee skills too so you can combo it with Thorns or anything :canada_rage:

I'm genuinely angry.

40 minutes ago, Speedom said:

Seen a dk with high lifesteal stats. It's mind blowing I'll say. (Hybrid build) 

407954363_WarspearOnline_2020-12-29-15-14-28.thumb.jpg.86ae43e20927852da5036a454f7a6c71.jpg

Trust me... not a big deal. I've also got Distortion of Life. 

40 minutes ago, Higgings said:

407954363_WarspearOnline_2020-12-29-15-14-28.thumb.jpg.86ae43e20927852da5036a454f7a6c71.jpg

:wow1:

My man became a literal Vampire

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

do you still have saturation at max level? or did you change build:suspiciousowl:

1 hour ago, Ogull said:

do you still have saturation at max level? or did you change build:suspiciousowl:

Changed. Not worth even now. 

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Changed. Not worth even now. 

i am still a strong believer of the skill, i feel like its what give death knight his "uniqueness", plus to me its the only skill that gives dk proper recovering

but compared to other tanks recover skill with no drop backs, this skill is worthless

Edited by Ogull

14 minutes ago, Ogull said:

i am still a strong believer of the skill, i feel like its what give death knight his "uniqueness", plus to me its the only skill that gives dk proper recovering

but compared to other tanks recover skill with no drop backs, this skill is worthless

Unique skill also in killing you. Yep