DeathKnight - From Zero to Hero! [Higgings - EU-EMERALD]

Higgings

I bid you welcome, my dear guests, in this topic. Today I'm going to write something that many of our new members may have wondered about, which can be resumed in these few questions:

1. Is deathknight a good class to start with?

2. Can deathknight solo bosses/baits/raid bosses?

3. How can I build my deathknight in order to be able to solo stuff?

4. Is it cheap to build a deathknight?

5. which skills should I buy first?

Well, my dear fellows, in this guide I will try to answer step by step to any of these questions, explaining also pros, cons, builds, why of these builds, statistics which deathknight may love/dislike, skills he should buy asap and so on. It's definitely a full schedule, isn't it? so let's start with a quick analysis of this class. :happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

1. Analysis of the DeathKnight

PicsArt_03-15-08_00_04.thumb.jpg.31cba9a4d2889438d9b1dbc2349a469c.jpg

The DeathKnight is an extremely versatile tank. It can reach enormous ammounts of damage and defence, it is able to ignore a large ammount of damage dealt and, most importanlty, it becomes stronger if he's surrounded by enemies. In order to realize about this last part, though, you'll need to play for a decent ammount of time and get used to its play style. As a tank, it benefits a lot from statistics like HPs and HP regen, but it requires a lot of Mana Reserve, since its skills litterally burn out your mana reserves (high cost in general and balanced in both attack and defence - that means you'll use a lot of such skills and as a conseguence you'll see your mana drop quite quickly). Once disliked enough not to let him even join parties for Normal Berengar's Tower, as time went on this class has gained a lot of respect, becoming (according to some experienced players) the best tank existing on MC side and the 2nd in game, after the Warden. More and more players have now got in touch with this class, creating everyday wonderful builds and making it suitable for basically any scenario. I'll proceed now with further infos, but let's start to talk about a delicate topic that I'd love to talk about, and this is the equipment [2]

2. Equipment and Suggestions

Before starting with this section, I'd like to clarify few points. The following equipments I'm going to disclose have a mere demonstrative purpose and were thought for players who cannot afford to buy miracle coins or they are at a point to decide whether to invest or not on the character. From a personal point of view, unless you're a low level arena player, I see little to zero reasons to invest on your character (to buy equipments at least) if you're not at least at lv18. If I had coins available, my humble conseil is to make gold with them instead of buying pieces of equipment that you'll eventually drop cause they're too outdated. But even here, don't worry! I have thought about our beloved coin-users as well! 😉

This guide will start from the Lv13, because, due to the improvement the game has made on equipments on the first islands, it is enough to select every tank item you have the opportunity to choose, when completing the quest.

A. Selection for lv13-19

20200319_094719.thumb.jpg.1a574e2ccb2a07cfb7e5ab8b6866ce8a.jpg

20200319_094659.thumb.jpg.e70dc67f91c4a73701882e5e68a21520.jpg20200319_094613.thumb.jpg.62789d09e8e439c00c03e3cbc88e2d6c.jpg20200319_094550.thumb.jpg.3526a21e70ae941d1a51ed3b5469b6d8.jpg

So [ this ] is what I believe it is something good to start with. In order to achieve something like this, I hereby invite you to keep every single gold coin you receive through your journey on the first island. As you can see, the thing I focused on mostly in this equip is the HP Regeneration. I decided to choose this because on native islands and/or Irselnort (or even swamp) you might start to get in touch with strong enemies. It is important for you not to spend gold in order to get consumable items, independently if you're in battle mode or you're just resting from a fight. This build will allow you to try to be as tanky as possible. You may want to update it from time to time, but my advice is not to spend too much gold for something that will add you few points only on your build. You may also notice that I haven't (nor I will) put magic damage items on the build - the main reason is because this class has got yes some magic-based skills, but none of them are actually worth good enough to create an apposite magic build for this purpose. 

B. Selection for lv20-25

20200319_095542.thumb.jpg.150f27bfe1378657d0bc1bcc6af98b68.jpg

Screenshot_20200319-095518_Chrome.thumb.jpg.662dfccd16de58ac46052d3f67c602a6.jpgScreenshot_20200319-095500_Chrome.thumb.jpg.d6b5d86caed8d50fc65d9529a882b349.jpgScreenshot_20200319-095442_Chrome.thumb.jpg.dc8c44ed7b521f60e2763acaeff259b0.jpg

Now that you've finally reached this point, I believe we may start with something like [ this ]. Main improvements made with this build is the introduction of particularly new statistics. The point of all of this is to start getting in touch with them, as well as to start to look for event items, which, as you'll see soon enough, will result as a very good selection for this class. These items, especially the event ones, might be yes rare, but they are usually cheap enough and good to start with. Your defence is improved as well and defensive statistics are balanced enough to start letting you being tough enough, at least for the first part of Ayvondil. You may also want to start to join even low level guilds, in order to get used with guild mechanisms. Lately, more than amps, people seek for people who are active enough to make some gps. The best period to join a guild, in my opinion, is from the beginning of Events (Halloween - World Creation - Spring, most importantly). Guilds can give you a lot of opportunities to become rich and to improve quickly. 

C. Selection for lv26+ 

20200319_100117.thumb.jpg.113233780bd5f171bebfa2d1beb2fa84.jpg

Screenshot_20200319-100226_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4b4a55217123e5ea6c65f826f420b000.jpgScreenshot_20200319-100205_Chrome.thumb.jpg.3340523460ff27c14130d42aac032265.jpgScreenshot_20200319-100143_Chrome.thumb.jpg.fc42af3c29c1c433ca10dd26539e9fa6.jpg

This ] is where things start to get serious. Even here it is hereby advised to keep some gold in order to improve. If you followed the previous advices, getting these items won't be too hard, especially for the event items: low level ones are usually cheap and very useful. Here I focused a lot also on offensive statistics and even more on a new statistic that this class loves: Life Steal. If you decided that it is time to invest on your character, these are just few of the many builds you may create in order to improve your character: [ 1 ] [ 2

3. Skill Build and Suggestions 

Here we start with another very discussed point. As you may understand, a skill buid is very, very personal, but I will try to show you the ones which, in my opinion, deserve to be levelled and those who should not. 

20200318_202932.jpg.dbea82a80d1df8182fba5d859b565d5b.jpg Thorn of Death: Our beloved primary damage skill. No more and no less! Useful everywhere because, who doesn't like having a bit more damage? The higher the level, the higher the damage. The nice power from this skill comes from the relics you can put on it. We will discuss about this later. Having it at 5/5 would make of that work at its maximum power, and I honestly don't dislike it

20200318_202854.jpg.aa2a71fd924d6421f08174cedd8bc458.jpg Exhalation of Darkness: This is a mix of a Magic Attack combined with a Stun which lasts 1.5 s. The stunning ability is even more appreciated than the damage itself which, thanks to the latest class' update, lasts up to 4 seconds if maxed. If you love the stunning capabilities of this class, as well as magic damage, you might want to show this skill some love and level it up to 3/5 or even maxing it by removing the points from thorn and add them here (not advised unless PvP - the skill doesn't deal critical damage). The buff will not disappear if the attack gets parried/blocked/dodged; something you'd better keep in mind ^^ (UPD 9.3.0!)

20200318_202828.jpg.afafa098f634244a8c34ad981882eff8.jpg Provocation: It's the skill every tank class has got. It protects the healer from the rage of the enemy and the damager from the same reason. It has a low cool down - good reason to add in it some good relics, don't you think? On PvP, it makes the enemy lose the current target. Make sure, if you are PvE, to have this skill at level 3/5 at least

20200318_202737.jpg.ecf0102c832f8b0ad71bd7e9a7143bcd.jpg Threads of Darkness: One of the most intriguing skills the DK posseses. It pulls the enemy close to the DK, in order to expose him to your party (or simply to an enraged DK). There are some more things this skill allows you to do: the enemy pulled in this way sees also the damage received increased and he won't be able to move for a short period of time. Increasing the level of this skill will allow you to increase the ammount of time the "Increased damage" debuff lasts and the ammount o time the enemy stands on the ground. Honestly, I believe that the very reason people use this skill for is the ability to pull a very far away enemy close to you, and not for the other two effects; due to this, I would recommend to keep this skill at 1/5 

20200318_202712.jpg.5fd3133ed65509d2670cf0132297d6ad.jpg Dark Shield: The main defensive skill of this class. Very efficient skill considering that you only need to press it once in order to make it work. It is highly def-dependant, hence, in order to make it as strong as possible, you may want to keep this statistic as high as possible. A good combo with this skill is the use of Aura of Hatred and some relics which increase Dark Wing's effectiveness. Increasing its level will also increase the chances to work, the time it lasts. Having this skill at 5/5 is quite a must, if you ask me.

And now about experts - this will be quite hard for me but I'll try as well. 

20200318_202306.jpg.fb9514fea8515ab87d4a369979b3dbe1.jpg Saturation: This is one of the key skills of this class. In exchange of a (quite too high currently - 10%) percentage of HPs, your Life Steal parameter will higly increase for a short ammount of time. Perhaps it was necessary to create specific life steal builds in order to use this skill but as for now, if you don't plan to have a lot of HPs, this skill can be a nice power up in order to survive by killing you enemies. It has a good synergy with Steel Hurricane and a LOT of mobs surrounding you. That was just a little hint, where the skill Threads of Darkness might result in a good way to make the enemy very close to you. The first disadvantage, maybe, relies indeed on the high ammount of Hps required to use this skill and the way too short ammount of time it lasts, even maxed, however, under a certain percentage of your maximum HPs, the skill won't require any sacrifice, depending on the level of the skill (UPD 9.3.0!).

20200318_202330.jpg.a14f85d243fb6fcdb122c8024ee86fd3.jpg Steel Hurricane: It is a damage skill: it deals damage to every enemy surrounding the DK up to 1 yard from it. Levelling this skill up will increase the ammount of damage the skill deals but it won't increase the radius of the skill. It works well combined with Aura of Hatred which will increase the damage dealt even more. It won't be a bad idea to combine it also with Saturation. if you see yourself crowded by mobs... and to speed things up, it won't be a bad idea to pull an enemy closer to you with Threads of Darkness either ^^. It works pretty well in PvE, so I encourage the player to take it among the first experts selected. Having this skill at 3/4 or even maxed won't be a bad decision. Totally bad idea if you plan to go for PvP - there are better skills to max. It's a good alternative also for the every day more popular Magic Damage builds, as the type of damage dealt depends on the prevailing ammount of damage the class has got (e.g. you got more physical = it deals physical dmg; you got more magical dmg = it deals magical damage!) (UPD 9.3.0!)

20200318_202359.jpg.bdbf9943271e2066142792f9f535c885.jpg Death Call:. The AoE aggro skill. It spreads an aura which aggros every enemy close to the DK and deals Magic Damage for 4 times. The damage depends on the skill level as well as the ammount of magic damage the DK has got. Increasing its level will see a larger ammount of aggro given, increased aggro time and the damage dealt increases a bit more. Do not understimate this skill in PvP: making a crowd of players lose their target while it's fighting against another crowd of players is not something a player should understimate, especially in a scenario where you shall think and act fast. If you plan to be a PvE player, then this skill is one of the first ones you should get. For a maximized power, make it at least 3/4, but it will work perfectly fine even at 2/4

20200318_202039.jpg.9d607d52e61321885f4efc6637ddac66.jpg Aura of Hatred: It's a buffing skill. Increases the DK's defensive and offensive numerical statistics for a certain period of time. Levelling it up will make the skill last longer and improves the effect of the buffs given, and it combines perfectly with Dark Shield - which will work better - and Steel Hurricane - which will deal more damage. It is a jack of all trades, but a long cool down, justified by the ammount of power this skill basically gifts. Maxing this skill out might result in a wise choice, but in that case, make sure to have got at least 15% of CoolDown parameter, so that you won't have to wait for too long in order to re-use it. 

20200318_202206.jpg.cae34663c2064f2679c370f687883ea6.jpg Sharp Shadow: Elusive skill: it works as a ranged skill and it is able to stun the enemy dealing him High Magic Damage. It might work combined with Saturation. and that will result in a sort of Healing if Saturation is actived, but the ammount of HPs you spend for that skill will not, unfortunately, be healed back by that combo. This skill is the best friend of PvP DKs and the worst enemy for Healers, alongside  Blow of the Silence: if you plan to PvP, make this skill 4/4, otherwise, don't buy it at all. 

20200318_202110.jpg.fb8328f3595bb8688ec95d248fb2e697.jpg Secret Reserves: Very hated skill, once, but after the several adjustments it has received now it became quite balanced. It is a Passive Skill and, in order to work decently, requires to have a lot of HP Regeneration. Although it might seem a very bad skill, combined with Blood Protection might grant the Dk a chance to survive in critical moments and it's still used a lot on PvP on tough moments. I would still recommend it on PvP though (4/4) - with the right build -  especially against Damagers, which will basically need to kill you twice with that and,who knows, in the meanwhile it might be you the winner this time. From time to time, you may want to seek for a particular book that boosts decently the ammount of HP regen given as well as more HPs, which are always welcome in PvP: Power of Life 20200318_225033.jpg.61a81f41fc5c22d892b024e49fe5e007.jpg

20200318_202137.jpg.41d714f918ceeff61ca4bae9fc5e0eec.jpg Blow of the Silence: Skill that denies the enemy from using his skills. Increasing its level will see the effectiveness increased (up to 8s, which is incredibly high). Increases also the Magic damage and the Physical damage deal on the next attack. It is a skill that might seem a must to max, but in a ManyVSMany scenario, I can personally guarantee that it works perfectly even at 1/4. If you face some tough guys though, you may want to make it maxed so that he'll need way more time to recover. 

20200318_202013.jpg.c5ecea0c8d3572229e84c4ced46e749c.jpg Blood Protection: understimated skill, due to the little ammount of time it lasts and for the very high cool down it has. However, in 1 vs many scenarios it reveals to be an extremely useful skill, especially if maxed, which will give time to your mates (or even to yourself) to heal up/use a potion. If you are on the first stage of the game and you want to learn stuff like Labyrinth, then I would recommend to at least make it 3/4 until you become confident enough to live without it. 

20200604_123352.jpg.36f850e5bc00cfef1917b605eb2bd996.jpg Knight's Curse: Interesting skill, incredibly useful when in party or alone if you add a bit of magic damage on your equipment. It suits perfectly in both PvP and PvE scenarios, because it can be affected by buffing parameters (Rage/Fury of Dephts/Ferocity). On underwater territories it can deal massive damage if the Deathknight uses a Spear or Mace (make sure to pick up magic damage items though ^^). The only con I'd point out is the use of magic damage: if  you decided not to have such statistic in your build then this skill might not be that cool; buy this skill only if you are planning to add a bit of magic damage in your equipment. It can be perfectly combined with Blow of the Silence and through that you can mute your enemy from any distance (as long as 1 - there is fire on the ground and 2 - the enemy doesn't move from the zone; it can work anyway even if someone steps on the fire and you trigger Blow of the Silence)

4. Statistics and Improvements you may want to read about

This is the point that I'd like to show my ideas about which statistics you should base your character on. First on the list of course is:

-Life Steal: it is useless to point out that this statistic is quite a must for a perfect DK. However, Life Steal runes (from which you get basically 16% of Life Steal) are quite expensive, and this is a reason of why I told you not to change too many items at the first stage of your jurney with this class. Nonetheless, if you manage to get a good ammount of such statistic, you may want to combine it with two more, and they respectively are Critical Hit and Accuracy. Critical hit will allow you to double your damage and from it you will also double the ammount of HP you heal from your enemies. Don't forget to make sure to aggro as much enemies as possible - even low level ones (actually, they're the best ones) - and to use Steel Hurricane to maximize the work. Accuracy is necessary because you won't heal from your enemies if you can't hit them.

In order to maximize Life Steal you may also want to use some relics: Terrible relic of Steal Health (use it on Threads of Darkness), Terrible Relic of Vampirism (Use it on Provocation and eventually on Dark Shield too; If you have to choose, definitely Provocation) and Terrible Relic of Blood-Devourer (on Thorn of Death). These relics shall be used wisely: use Threads of Darkness in case you are facing a mob which will surely resist your skill - this shall grant you free Life Steal for some time. While recovering, you may want to use Blood Protection in order to reduce even more the damage received and to get the maximum ammount of life back - this is in case you're soloing bosses, or simply if you're on a hard time but you're too lazy to click on the potion. If you arrived to the point to be rich enough to buy the server, then you may want to consider to get these 3 books for you: Enhanced Steal Health 20200318_225139.jpg.fa9532f695ef7403fa78a3b71f183898.jpg, Secret Power of Vampirism 20200318_225007.jpg.34f5552d76254e2c7e4a11f362ea09ae.jpg, Distorsion of Life 20200318_225100.jpg.000a16b7b97f82c039af9acbb66f8b36.jpg

c7zTEr.gif.2939d3fce3adf728309b839778e32ceb.gif

In order to maximize Critical Hit i hereby recommend the use of the Icy relic of Rampage on Exhalation of Darkness - mind that you'll need the use of another statistic in order to trigger this relic, which is:

-Rage: this statistic revealed to be handy in every situation, not only for the damage buff it gives, but also thanks to the second effect, which will increase your HPs if you kill an enemy (being under rage effect) with a level Higher or the Same as yours. This is why I strongly recommend to put this statistic somewhere on your equip - as weapon/shield or crystal on your equipment. This statistic also allows you to use one of the best relics DKs can use: Icy Relic of Intractability. Equipping it to Dark Shield. and using it while being on rage buff, this relic will increase the effectiveness of your skill by 40%, without further costs! This statistic is perfect for classes who have use of DoT skills and, thankfully, DKs have got Death Call.

-CoolDown:. this statistic is quite good to have for our class. In case you realize to have something like 70/80 Energy Regen, then you may consider to replace an Energy Regen crystal with this one. I wouldn't recommend the use of Penetration; More damage means more life recovered through life steal, but remember that you'd have to replace a good crystal with this. It is not our job to deal damage: there are better classes for that ^^

-Stun: It is a statistic that can help you to earn some time during hard situations like "Descent in the Grotto" event, although not useful anymore if combined with Death Call because, due to the recent update, the stun does not trigger with the damage dealt through this skill. If you realize to have a lot of accuracy, then you may want to replace an Accuracy Crystal with a Stun Crystal on on your shield (25% of accuracy is more than enough for a tank). Relics like Relic of Stun will be fine enough for the same use. 

This is all. I realize that I perhaps could have written way more specific stuff, but I want this skill to cope with the comprehension of new people who decided to approach with this class for the first time or simply for the ones who would like to know something more about this class. Mind one little thing also: I tried as much as possible to avoid to put specific statistics such as the Cool Down time of every single skill or the precise time a skill lasts, because this is a kind of information a player can simply find in game. Every word given here comes from my game experience and on how i personally play this class. I hope not to have disappointed the expectations of the way more experienced players than me, praying also that from this guide may grow comments which might eventually improve the content of the topic itself. 

I thank you all for your kind attenction and I bid everyone a Nice Day! :kawaii:

Edited by Higgings
Updated with the current skill

what the hell, I'm speechless, amazing guides. really well organized

On 3/15/2020 at 9:49 PM, Higgings said:

This is all. I realize that I perhaps could have written way more specific stuff, but I want this skill to cope with the comprehension of new people who decided to approach with this class

right!, a conversation about dks can go on for hours!

and the 2nd in game

i would say his #1 in all game:cat2: thou that just me

Selection for lv20-25

i have a question, why the stun on a level 20-25 PvE, really doesn't seem that useful, specially on boots, seem like adding cd would be better to spam skills

great guide, was nice to see your take on death knight:love-you-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

First of all, I thank you @FakeUser for you feedback. I really appreciate this. 

Now, about this: 

6 hours ago, FakeUser said:

i have a question, why the stun on a level 20-25 PvE, really doesn't seem that useful, specially on boots, seem like adding cd would be better to spam skills

I totally agree on this, but the first thing that made me lead to that decision is that there are scenarios where even at lv20-25 people may still need some practice. I also made a comparation deciding which one is cheaper and useful, and I had to keep in mind that the items they are gonna get at lv20 will be replaced once they reach lv26, so I see no point for them to spend 10-12k for a CoolDown crystal (current price on EU-EMERALD) when I can bypass for now this spam-skill necessity with a cheaper Stun Crystal.

Second, I had to keep in mind that people might not be in guild. Therefore they cannot count on buffs of any kind, and, since the plan was to make them approach to "event bonuses" for the first time, I fused this plan of mine with a possible necessity that a player might have. 

Third, in one of my builds I use the stun crystal on boots and even shield. It appears very handy when I do some stuff like this:

VTxyJR.gif.db56fb72a64040fcada1b6bceeba6f92.gif

I hope to have answered your question my friend! :dance-with-me-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

P.S: I apologize for the horrible quality of the Gif. But I hope it is clear enough though. 

1 minute ago, Heredurian said:

Awesome guide, makes me wanna create DK. 

It is the exact purpose of this topic, aside the contest. I tried to explain why I love this class and why you should create one. I'm glad my guide was appreciated, I thank you a lot for this. :happy:

Just now, lore said:

great guide sadly theres no skill data but i know its an hell to gain

I thank you for your feedback, my friend!

I understand, but exactly because I have no means to get myself the precise data (and tbh, this is not what I planned to do from the beginning) I preferred not to write anything like that. I think this will also raise a bit more of the player's curiosity, as well as the will to test something "new" for a new skill build.

8 minutes ago, Zurp said:

@Higgings You should include images of the gear builds aswell as the links. The links expire in 30days if no one clicks them.

I think you're right. And I'm planning to add a bit more than just images. But I gotta find just a little bit of time.

• Higgings pinned this topic
  • 1 month later...
9 minutes ago, Dwarfurious said:

can either still tank with a 2h weapon?

Yes

9 minutes ago, Dwarfurious said:

DK better for solo?

Any class is good for solo, if well equipped. Certainly, dk might be a bit more expensive, compared to a Shaman or a Charmer, to build, but the result still remains incredible.

10 minutes ago, Dwarfurious said:

Can either one be tanky and still pvp?

You can, it is just enough to make a mixed build. Certainly it will not work perfectly on both scenarios (but that's common to every class except bd :3) but still you can try for that. It highly depends on your level though. 

Problem i always run into is finding english speaking people to party with so i'd just end up doing everything solo and that made bosses/dungeons hard. DK sounds like hes better for that road. Which for pvp though? And BD are still that op after all this time ? elf loving devs >: /

2 hours ago, Dwarfurious said:

Which for pvp though?

Well, If I had to choose between a Dk and a Charmer in PvP, I'd definitely go for the charmer: higher ammount of elusive abilities than dk and they can gain time to heal themselves. 

2 hours ago, Dwarfurious said:

And BD are still that op after all this time ? elf loving devs >: /

Hehe, bladedancers certainly have got a lot of damage output (and recently some buffs too) but nothing too serious (unless you're a caster). Second, trust me, they have no reason to over buff a certain class in comparison with another one just for the heck of it. Their decision is led by certain statistics they periodically check and through that theu adjust classes. 

ok im gonna bite the bullet and buy some coins and start my deathknight Krell (i cant believe that name wasnt taken) just gonna grab the inventory space while its on sale. Anything i should save my coins for? I like to consider myself a "dolphin" kind of f2p gamer.

Well, if I were you, I would save those coins to unlock skill slots (those achievable only with miracle coins) or eventually, on late game, to unbind an item. I would discourage the use of those coins to make more gold, UNLESS you just want to start with something cheap to resell and then earn even more money by buying and selling new items to sell then later. 

I want to farm t3 olorm/chicken and t4 spiders. What expert skills should I choose if I want to focus on soloing bosses? I currently have +9 crafted mace and +7 TP armor set and spring shield, yet I can't beat event olorim/spiders consistently (chicken is very hard because of stuns). or is it not possible for DK's to solo bosses? I saw some barbs do it easily because of their stone skin. :pin7:

image.png

2 hours ago, llcarloll said:

I want to farm t3 olorm/chicken and t4 spiders. What expert skills should I choose if I want to focus on soloing bosses? I currently have +9 crafted mace and +7 TP armor set and spring shield, yet I can't beat event olorim/spiders consistently (chicken is very hard because of stuns). or is it not possible for DK's to solo bosses? I saw some barbs do it easily because of their stone skin. :pin7:

image.png

In order to solo some bosses you have to rely not only to your skill build but also to your relic build. Dks unfortunately cannot heal themselves properly, BUT they can strongly rely on Life Steal, statistic that it is also improved by a skill.

First of all, make sure to get a maxed Blood Protection; this skill shall grant you a bit of protection while you heal back. Second, make sure to add some Vampirism Runes on your rings/cape/amulet. Try to look for some relics that give you life steal, especially with "Terrible Relic of Steal Health", which triggers if the skill gets resisted (you're facing a boss, so the skill shall be resisted the majority of times) Last but not least, work on your critical hit and your accuracy: the first one shall grant you more damage dealt, and more damage dealt means more hps recovered; the second shall grant you to hit your enemy (you can't heal back from the damage you deal if you can't hit the ememy ^^)

There is another way but it's not totally reliable but it's definitely cheaper: you can try to maximize "Secret Reserves" and to put some HP regen runes somewhere (if you had also HP regen rings, that would be perfect). While healing back you can use Blood Protection to minimize the damage received while you heal back. The bad part is that you don't know when it's going to trigger again once used, nor if the heal given shall be enough to let you survive. The good side is that such build is way cheaper and particularly good in 1vs1 (you might consider everything as you were pvping a player with 89k hps and with a pair of skills only xd) 

Any suggestion of Hybrid DMG Skill Build?

I am thinking of:

On 3/15/2020 at 3:49 PM, Higgings said:

20200318_202932.jpg.dbea82a80d1df8182fba5d859b565d5b.jpg Thorn of Death: "Having it at 5/5 would make of that work at its maximum power, and I honestly don't dislike it."

20200318_202854.jpg.aa2a71fd924d6421f08174cedd8bc458.jpg Exhalation of Darkness: 2/5

20200318_202737.jpg.ecf0102c832f8b0ad71bd7e9a7143bcd.jpg Threads of Darkness: 2/5 

20200318_202712.jpg.5fd3133ed65509d2670cf0132297d6ad.jpg Dark Shield: "Having this skill at 5/5 is quite a must, if you ask me."

20200318_202330.jpg.a14f85d243fb6fcdb122c8024ee86fd3.jpg Steel Hurricane: 3/4

"Having this skill at 3/4 or even maxed won't be a bad decision."

20200318_202359.jpg.bdbf9943271e2066142792f9f535c885.jpg Death Call: 2/4

"For a maximized power, make it at least 3/4, but it will work perfectly fine even at 2/4"

20200318_202039.jpg.9d607d52e61321885f4efc6637ddac66.jpg Aura of Hatred: 4/4

20200604_123352.jpg.36f850e5bc00cfef1917b605eb2bd996.jpg Knight's Curse: 4/4

Remove points from Exhalation of Darkness and Threads of Darkness (especially on that) or at least make Thorn at 3 and put 2 points on Exhalation; you're still a tank and this means you can't leave your taunt at 1, especially if you plan to stay with a Death Call at level 2/4. Make your Taunting skill at 3/5 at least, unless you plan to use the character exclusively for solo. In that case level Thorn and Exhalation both up to 4/5 (keep in mind that Exhalation might be resisted by bosses on both stun and damage ^^)

Knight's Curse might be resisted by bosses. You can't rely on that entirely, not even to recover hps through Life Steal. If you plan to solo, remove one point from that and from Death Call and add it to Blood Protection. If you plan to be in a party, you can leave both skills the way they are. Eventually remove a point from Curse and add it to Death Call. Mind that this kind of build won't work efficiently if you haven't got Magic Damage on your equipment.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

@Khrone

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Remove points from Exhalation of Darkness and Threads of Darkness (especially on that) or at least make Thorn at 3 and put 2 points on Exhalation; you're still a tank and this means you can't leave your taunt at 1, especially if you plan to stay with a Death Call at level 2/4. Make your Taunting skill at 3/5 at least, unless you plan to use the character exclusively for solo. In that case level Thorn and Exhalation both up to 4/5 (keep in mind that Exhalation might be resisted by bosses on both stun and damage ^^)

Knight's Curse might be resisted by bosses. You can't rely on that entirely, not even to recover hps through Life Steal. If you plan to solo, remove one point from that and from Death Call and add it to Blood Protection. If you plan to be in a party, you can leave both skills the way they are. Eventually remove a point from Curse and add it to Death Call. Mind that this kind of build won't work efficiently if you haven't got Magic Damage on your equipment.

Let me know how it goes 🙂

@Khrone

I want to be a pure DMG, so i wont use agro skills (I am thinking of removing points of Death Call and put it on Hurricane.

13 hours ago, Higgings said:

In order to solo some bosses you have to rely not only to your skill build but also to your relic build. Dks unfortunately cannot heal themselves properly, BUT they can strongly rely on Life Steal, statistic that it is also improved by a skill.

First of all, make sure to get a maxed Blood Protection; this skill shall grant you a bit of protection while you heal back. Second, make sure to add some Vampirism Runes on your rings/cape/amulet. Try to look for some relics that give you life steal, especially with "Terrible Relic of Steal Health", which triggers if the skill gets resisted (you're facing a boss, so the skill shall be resisted the majority of times) Last but not least, work on your critical hit and your accuracy: the first one shall grant you more damage dealt, and more damage dealt means more hps recovered; the second shall grant you to hit your enemy (you can't heal back from the damage you deal if you can't hit the ememy ^^)

There is another way but it's not totally reliable but it's definitely cheaper: you can try to maximize "Secret Reserves" and to put some HP regen runes somewhere (if you had also HP regen rings, that would be perfect). While healing back you can use Blood Protection to minimize the damage received while you heal back. The bad part is that you don't know when it's going to trigger again once used, nor if the heal given shall be enough to let you survive. The good side is that such build is way cheaper and particularly good in 1vs1 (you might consider everything as you were pvping a player with 89k hps and with a pair of skills only xd) 

if I get 4/4 reserves and 4/4 blood protection where should I put the remaining points into? Also I have a hard time relying of blood protection because I have 25% block and 22% parry which mean sometimes if I use blood protection the damage is blocked/parried anyways. Any thoughts?

10 hours ago, Khrone said:

I want to be a pure DMG, so i wont use agro skills (I am thinking of removing points of Death Call and put it on Hurricane.

Fair enough. In this case, go for it. Don't forget to use weapons where you've got magic damage ^^

3 hours ago, llcarloll said:

if I get 4/4 reserves and 4/4 blood protection where should I put the remaining points into? Also I have a hard time relying of blood protection because I have 25% block and 22% parry which mean sometimes if I use blood protection the damage is blocked/parried anyways. Any thoughts?

You can eventually decrease a point from blood protection and share some love to Steel Hurricane / Saturation (this last option ONLY if you've got less than 6k hps) 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Nakahy said:

Im newbie in this game.

What must i choose for my first expert skill for dk? I want to be a tank

Ty

i would say aura of hatred or blood protection

8 hours ago, Nakahy said:

Im newbie in this game.

What must i choose for my first expert skill for dk? I want to be a tank

Ty

Aura of hatred is a jack of all trades and it's a very good skill to start. Just make sure not to neglect Death Call, if you want to be a good tank. 

2 hours ago, Nakahy said:

So, i must choose aura of hatred for my first expert skill?

I believe this is a good choice. There is not a set skill to take before anything else, but everything depends on the plans you have for that class. One of the skills that suit good in every scenario (and independently of your build/amp) is Aura of Hatred.

12 hours ago, Higgings said:

I believe this is a good choice. There is not a set skill to take before anything else, but everything depends on the plans you have for that class. One of the skills that suit good in every scenario (and independently of your build/amp) is Aura of Hatred.

Ty very much bro

What must i buy first?

Expert skill or equipment?

4 hours ago, Nakahy said:

Ty very much bro

What must i buy first?

Expert skill or equipment?

It depends on your previous equipment; if you still go around with lv 10 items and you're lv 18, then I'd buy some pieces just to update the character; you'll hardly go somewhere without an equipment. Try to take something not too expensive yet.

8 hours ago, Mirko Jerkic said:

Can u upload something for magic dmg dk

Upload meant as builds and such? Or videos? In the second case, I can't help because I haven't got such build. In other cases, I can try. 

• 3 weeks later...

I am a level 25 DeathKnight and on level 26 I built up the Defenders of the Flying Islands gear with Defense runes and crystals according to this guide and a spear with magic crystal and parry rune. What skill should I get? I don't have Blow of Silence, Sharp shadow, Saturation, or Steel hurricane

5 hours ago, Drakoknight said:

I am a level 25 DeathKnight and on level 26 I built up the Defenders of the Flying Islands gear with Defense runes and crystals according to this guide and a spear with magic crystal and parry rune. What skill should I get? I don't have Blow of Silence, Sharp shadow, Saturation, or Steel hurricane

I usually advise to get steel hurricane due to the good compromise of AoE damage. Get this, unless you plan to do PvP on that character as well. 

6 hours ago, Higgings said:

I usually advise to get steel hurricane due to the good compromise of AoE damage. Get this, unless you plan to do PvP on that character as well. 

I'm planning on doing pvp aswell

9 minutes ago, Drakoknight said:

I'm planning on doing pvp aswell

In this case, a good compromise can be Blow of the Silence, since it works fine both on PvP and PvE, to mute some kind of mobs. 

5 minutes ago, Higgings said:

In this case, a good compromise can be Blow of the Silence, since it works fine both on PvP and PvE, to mute some kind of mobs. 

Ok. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...