[2020.03.06] Сontest "Mysteries of Wisdom"

• Developer

barb_lecture_1200x630.png

Friends! 

Inhabitants of Arinar more than ever need the wisdom and experience of true warriors, hardened by the fires of battle; merchants that know the path to prosperity; blacksmiths whose armour is stronger than dragon’s scales; and just normal thrill-seekers, to whom boredom is worse the death. 

Right now you will get the chance to share your knowledge in the
new guides contest “Mysteries of Wisdom”

What to do? 
Write a guide/article/manual about something that you are truly well-versed in. It could be fights with some boss, experience in trading, completing some quests or events, a detailed analysis of some class, a guide on crafting and so on. 

What will be evaluated? 
- originality and creativity 
- relevance, informative value and practical benefits of the work; 
- accessibility of the text (as guides are most often used by beginners); 
- decor and presentation (text formatting, headings, structure, pictures (gifs), screenshots, icons and so on). 

Don’t forget to evaluate and comment on guides of other participants, since everyone needs support and constructive feedback. 

Forbidden: 
- using any materials that violate the rules of the forum; 
- writing guides about actions that break the licence agreement; 
- deliberate publication of false information in order to confuse other players; 
- plagiarism and copying of already existing topics on the forum. 

How to participate? 
- it is necessary to create a separate topic in this forum section, and put your work in it; 
- the header of the topic should contain the nickname and server of your character. 

And most importantly — rewards awaiting their victors: 

1 place: 10000 Miracle Coins and any 1 non-class manual of your choosing (except the “Magic Resistance” manual) 
2 place: 8000 Miracle coins and 50 Seeker’s Stamina Elixirs 
3 place: 7000 Miracle coins and 40 Seeker’s Stamina Elixirs 
4 place: 6000 Miracle coins and 30 Seeker’s Stamina Elixirs 
5 place: 5000 Miracle coins and 20 Seeker’s Stamina Elixirs 

Incentive prizes are also possible. 
The most deserving works will be moved and pinned at the top of their respective sections, to light the way for the young and inexperienced warriors of Arinar. 

Dates: 
The contest starts today and will last until 23:59 22.03.2020, after which it will no longer be possible to publish topics in this section. 
We will need some time to evaluate every work, so the winners will be announced no later than 27.03.2020

Let the wisdom be with you! 
AIGRIND  

• Holmes pinned this topic
On 3/5/2020 at 2:54 PM, Holmes said:

1 place: 10000 Miracle Coins and any 1 non-class manual of your choosing (except the “Magic Resistance” manual) 

Ahm... hmm... that also includes perhaps a Vampirism Book? (Increases Vamp Parameter to +6% ~) 

i was working on a detalied info of the creatures of the underwater territory but i think ill have to change my road....

@Holmes Prepare to be amazed on the ultimate most usefull across all servers Guide, i wont tell details except its name so nobody copies my idea which i doubt anyone has time or resources to accomplish it, for now ill call it Thunder Guide 

Image result for evil laugh gif

23 hours ago, Higgings said:

I believe I'll participate to this event as well. :happiness-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

can't wait to see what you're gonna talk about!, thou i have an idea of what's it gonna be about:cat2:

unfortunately, i can't participate this time around

good luck guys and gals

Edited by FakeUser

25 minutes ago, FakeUser said:

can't wait to see what you're gonna talk about!, thou i have an idea of what's it gonna be about

I believe I'll first need to make my mind more clear, but yea, the prize seems very juicy.

On 3/7/2020 at 8:37 PM, FakeUser said:

can't wait to see what you're gonna talk about!, thou i have an idea of what's it gonna be about:cat2:

unfortunately, i can't participate this time around

good luck guys and gals

one less competitor.

i will do the guide as the one of the seatramp's lair;

take an afthernoon, choose what to do, make it

1 hour ago, Akasha said:

Long live Inigo Montoya :wind:

ahhh someone recognized this omg xD gg akasha

my name is inigo montoya u didnt give me #1 prize, prepare to die 

Image result for my name is inigo montoya gif

i have no idea of what to do... i got 2 unfinished things wich is not on the forum but idk if go by completing one of those, or somply make an guide on how play my fav class and how to make builds by thier own

6 minutes ago, lore said:

i have no idea of what to do... i got 2 unfinished things wich is not on the forum but idk if go by completing one of those, or somply make an guide on how play my fav class and how to make builds by thier own

About that, @Akasha is it an error (that leads to DQ) if two contestants accidentally write a guide with the same subject (such as a class or a way to farm) even if, eventually, they write in a totally different style and/or totally different things? 

39 minutes ago, Higgings said:

About that, @Akasha is it an error (that leads to DQ) if two contestants accidentally write a guide with the same subject (such as a class or a way to farm) even if, eventually, they write in a totally different style and/or totally different things? 

I have to discuss with my colleagues tomorrow. I personally would have applied the rule of "the first contestant who releases the topic, stays with the topic" meaning, no double topics. Also to avoid stealing information from one another, but the contest rules weren't written by me and I don't know if this is subject to change. We will make a decision for the future, but all topics release before shall be accepted. 

22 minutes ago, Akasha said:

I have to discuss with my colleagues tomorrow. I personally would have applied the rule of "the first contestant who releases the topic, stays with the topic" meaning, no double topics. Also to avoid stealing information from one another, but the contest rules weren't written by me and I don't know if this is subject to change. We will make a decision for the future, but all topics release before shall be accepted. 

Hmm so it is also good to be quite fast on posting the work. Alright then. 

On 3/6/2020 at 8:03 PM, Zurp said:

Can I make a guide for Seeker? Those already exist on the Russian side of the forum.

@Akasha Perhaps you know if I can do that?

14 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Hmm so it is also good to be quite fast on posting the work. Alright then. 

I think so, because once someone else has published a load of information about it. It's hard to prove that you didn't copy anything from it.. and so on.. and it's even harder for judging which work deserves the prize, but we can always see which one was released first. :smile:

too bad i made boss location guides wait let me check... 2.5 years ago :panda1:, has it really been that long

so i cant just copy it 😄

21 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

too bad i made boss location guides wait let me check... 2.5 years ago :panda1:, has it really been that long

so i cant just copy it 😄

Add all dgs and what drops you can get from which. Would be useful..🙂

3 minutes ago, Zurp said:

i mean, we already have drop list for map 2 and 3 dgs but i could run through map 1 and screenshot dungeon entrances but that would be it

Edited by Jcbreff

33 minutes ago, Jcbreff said:

so i cant just copy it 😄

I made a charmer guide as well - I think I'll work on something else. Gathering already the materials. I just need some time. 

12 hours ago, Zurp said:

What will be evaluated? 
- originality and creativity 
- relevance, informative value and practical benefits of the work; 

we already have all the level and rarity of items disclosed in our guides, and everyone has a basic knowledge of it, or shsould have. This isn't the best choice in my opinion.:nea:

Just now, Akasha said:

where are all the guides in English? 

:vp-help:

Patience, Patience. The thing am working on takes a bit more time and the one I have now Is kinda low. :tired2:

On 3/6/2020 at 9:31 PM, lallouss said:

Thunder Guide 

is the thunder guide going to suddenly strike the forum in the last day of the competition like a lightning? 

:sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

Patience, Patience. The thing am working on takes a bit more time and the one I have now Is kinda low. 

Hey! I don't want you to burn out with too many tasks, take your time. I'm not that content or patient towards them, tho. 

:snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

2 minutes ago, Akasha said:

Hey! I don't want you to burn out with too many tasks, take your time. I'm not that content or patient towards them, tho. 

:snack-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

The main problem is this one indeed. The project I'm making is quite big, so I'm trying to write it as soon as I get some free time. But I usually have organized schedules, so i don't think it will burn me out entirely... I hope... :vp-looking:

1 hour ago, Akasha said:

is the thunder guide going to suddenly strike the forum in the last day of the competition like a lightning? 

:sigh-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

lets just say its related to some big dudes and its related to strenght, weaknesses, trips and tricks 

Image result for crazy laugh gif

like this i think will be, video guide + written guide

31 minutes ago, Bemep said:

How rich everything is here:troll_face1:

I know who will win this contest.

No you don't, not yet. Just be patient 😏

On 3/11/2020 at 9:39 AM, Hapimonas said:

I am more used to video types of guides but i guess that the text form works for me as well. I will try:music-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Use both 

On 3/5/2020 at 7:24 PM, Holmes said:

10000 Miracle Coins and any 1 non-class manual of your choosing (except the “Magic Resistance” manual) 

I have a query. Will the non-class manual have 'personal' or 'None' parameter? :advise:

@Akasha even if this is a contest we still can share and help eachother our data for make the best guide possible?  The newbies deserve the best guides