Using Shield!

Saber

Question

Llalous fight my dk in shield setup if you want to try it.  Alucardl.  I bet you run out of mana on my shield  ;D

Bottom line if you're talking about tanking as in a group setting (assuming shaman/druid and priest necro heals) dk wins a close call tho.  No other  tank ca absorb so much damage.  Yes the aura boost is decent and a small heal helps but dk with heals is a better tank in the true meaning of the word.

If you're talking about solo tanking mobs then paladin for sure.  Obviously heal puts him over the edge in this category. 

If you're talking about PvP well they're pretty close and just go with your favorite faction.

would be a pleasure to pvp a fellow dk xD today im at work i go home in 8-9hours ull be online? ;) paladins never run out of mana xD even with pene rings on :rofl: whats gd about pala is we get 5% mana extra passive skill makes my mana 170+ this enables me to use full skills for whole 1min (tested it)

do not forget that dk have +3mana reg (not much but still regen faster than any other faction) and has a sword with 2.0attack speed while mace or axe have 2.4 and 2.2 attack speed. we not talking about a paladin that has a sd mace with a heroic shield vs a dk with arena spear or sword.... dude... really.

do not forget that dk have +3mana reg (not much but still regen faster than any other faction) and has a sword with 2.0attack speed while mace or axe have 2.4 and 2.2 attack speed. we not talking about a paladin that has a sd mace with a heroic shield vs a dk with arena spear or sword.... dude... really.

i was basing my results of facts so i gave amps and items to show u that when u give a paladin more time in pvp he will heal more thus making him last longer meaning in pvp vs dk shield who lasts longer wins.. Did u even test ur saying that dk better tank than pala? Nuf said...

lets give u an idea... my paladins dark defence is 2.5k thats 28% with the forsakens +5% its 32% if he pot/scroll thats 37round % when shaman use earth shield he go 40-45% dark defence. then he can always his dark shield and ignore some more dmg. he can tank eye without a healer  :shok:

lets give u an idea... my paladins dark defence is 2.5k thats 28% with the forsakens +5% its 32% if he pot/scroll thats 37round % when shaman use earth shield he go 40-45% dark defence. then he can always his dark shield and ignore some more dmg. he can tank eye without a healer  :shok:

sry to inform u this but ur facts r wrong ;) only elfs have 5% dark def bonus while forsaken have 3% dark def and the fetter from paladins makes it easier to all pt cuz it doesnt only lower dmg inflicted on paladin but lowers dmg from adds surrounding him and his pt at farm by % (idk the exact % i never tested it but its like roar maybe 7-10% from wht i can see ) dk is a focus dmg class hes not for support tank purposes look at the warspear facts.. Go try make a new character go check paladin he got att(5/10) def(9/10) supp(6) while dk att(6/10) def(9/10) supp(3/10) u can see the difference

would be a pleasure to pvp a fellow dk xD today im at work i go home in 8-9hours ull be online? ;) paladins never run out of mana xD even with pene rings on :rofl: whats gd about pala is we get 5% mana extra passive skill makes my mana 170+ this enables me to use full skills for whole 1min (tested it)

I've wore down priests to 0 mana soaking dmg. And though DK has far less mana, (atleast me - 100mp) my mixed penetration/mp reg never runs dry in arena even in long heal chases. DK got superb mp reg for being melee.

Bottom line if you're talking about tanking as in a group setting (assuming shaman/druid and priest necro heals) dk wins a close call tho. 

Not gonna happen. Pala has a healing buff, so healers of the same lvl/amp (priest vs. necro), pala wins. Palas aura buff increases healing effects by up to 25%. There is no way a necro-dk could outdo a priest and a pala in tanking.

No other tank can absorb so much damage. Yes the aura boost is decent and a small heal helps but dk with heals is a better tank in the true meaning of the word.

Dk can't undo damage, and dk has no critical def , pala can undo damage and has a crit heal. If the two can tank equally then pala wins because he gets crit on his skills. Dk doesnt get crit on his def skill lmao.

If you're talking about solo tanking mobs then paladin for sure.  Obviously heal puts him over the edge in this category. 

So now heal puts pala over the edge. I thought heal was a "small heal". I'm confused.

If you're talking about PvP well they're pretty close and just go with your favorite faction.

You have no idea the advantage pala has when crit healing is involved. Pala can kill a high lvl dk and still have over 2000 life from crit healing. It is truely sad but true.

Here is something that always happens to me in arena. I finally got it on video. Check it out. this was yesterday.

The power of crit healing.

The shaman was healing him at full life, I had no life, but 1 crit heal changed everything, imagine 2 crit heals.

http://youtu.be/4R9VayRPPHY

The propability of a dk out tanking a pala is not realistic. Pala can out live any melee class. Dk can survive a long time but he cannot regain life.

ehmmm HELLOOOOOO :fool: 5%dark or 3%dark he still has has more dark than any other tank. that make him the best tank............................

Sorry buddy. This topic is about shield tanking (meaning the boos is attacking with melee attacks). Dark magic is not a subject here.

idk about eu much would be zool if odjur and i could pvp but in us sapphire no dk have meet zeus and lived to tell the tail  :crazy:

I don't recall ever being beaten by odjur. We can go some rounds if you want.

nice comments from anyone but after the update that made the paladin combo (foj+purifying) astral based that hits max 92x3 while a dk hit more dark without a spear in a single hit (that means faster for the next attack) , i vote for dk. they survive longer.

The dark magic damage that spear has is equal to the mace dmg increase and astral foj/pur combo. The damages are about equal. But no doubt, eu-emeralds 2hand dk are far more powerful than us-saphires.

lmao, mace has about 30-40 more base damage than sword. Attacking .4 seconds earleir doesn't cause more damage. You would have to continue attacking for about 20-30 seconds to catch up with the mace damage. Ask Bloodylips, hes a rocket scientist. I think he can explain it better. 

Yes, you are right in some aspects. Dk is half a necro, pala is half a priest. Dk can naturally tank better with dark magic bosses. Most definitely.

Pala can save lives. I would rather have a better chance at staying alive than putting my faith in a tank that can't prevent my respawning. 

I don't recall ever being beaten by odjur. We can go some rounds if you want.

i meet you every now and then in arena and ive beaten you plenty gabr, though i have lost too sure and i want you to know you are the only good pala i respect on EU.

i meet you every now and then in arena and ive beaten you plenty gabr, though i have lost too sure and i want you to know you are the only good pala i respect on EU.

Sorry, I meant to say I don't think we have ever went head to head, both having full life, skills ready for preferred combo, and lost. Yes we have been in arena many times, I have lost, you have lost, but I don't recall being in a fresh pvp ready position with you. Also, you are the only dk I respect in eu-emerald, not to mention  you make the biggest contribution here on the forum out of other dks, so I know your a true and committed player.

how much other stats does pala suffer from stacking up astral magic?

I think the only stat pala really looses is the the magic damage stat on the cloaks. Not a big loss but would like to have an added cloak suitable for pala.

Some might say stacking astral means loosing a lot of stats, but I think it just converted into astral.

DK: Thorns, Threads and Dark Shield - Exhalation only increases damage, using a Sword lowers your dark damage by a huge amount

Pala: Purify, FoJ, Heal - although you could mix either Purify or/and FoJ and make aura 3 or 5 but I think this is the best cause you'll need damage to hold aggro, FoJ to run through dungeons and heal, well it explains itself.

Sorry buddy. This topic is about shield tanking (meaning the boos is attacking with melee attacks). Dark magic is not a subject here.

ehm sorry buddy, but since u never hunted in lab you are not able to talk about tanking, u maybe spam arenas and pvps and you good at it but when it comes about hunt and tanking, please let me talk anout it. shield can be enchanted with dark magic too. so when a boss/mobs hit u with dark magic, range or melee, shield still help u to stay alive.

The dark magic damage that spear has is equal to the mace dmg increase and astral foj/pur combo. The damages are about equal. But no doubt, eu-emeralds 2hand dk are far more powerful than us-saphires.

so u try to tell me that a dk with max dark hit u  270. yes maybe if he use a smoking spear or something.  usualy i get 450-500 dmg from the dark magic attack.

lmao, mace has about 30-40 more base damage than sword. Attacking .4 seconds earleir doesn't cause more damage. You would have to continue attacking for about 20-30 seconds to catch up with the mace damage. Ask Bloodylips, hes a rocket scientist. I think he can explain it better.

faster attack speed is faster dmg. why u think the most rogues and some bd's use mixed sword dagger with high attack speed? even u perfer the mace with 2.4 than the 2handed with 3.4 why? cause it hit faster. in the end its more dmg.

Yes, you are right in some aspects. Dk is half a necro, pala is half a priest. Dk can naturally tank better with dark magic bosses. Most definitely.

Pala can save lives. I would rather have a better chance at staying alive than putting my faith in a tank that can't prevent my respawning.

i always thought paladin is half necro.... well  :lol:

ps dont make so many coments hard to answer.

I think paladin is better. I made a DK, Lesyeux (French for The Eyes), which will be a shield dk, to see if I will change my mind. Dk was the first char of the 2 new factions, and I liked the class. He got fascinating skills, and even long time after the release, im still fascinated of his skills. In my opinion, dk and paladin got the most fscinating skills of the new factions, with necro on 3th place.

And it need a lot experience, training, hard work to master a pally to its full potential. I have since the release of the new clan tried pally twice, but i stil haven't found the secret you need to master a pally. I tried high def, dodge, block and parry (20%+ dodge, 5%+ parry and block) but it wasn't perfect. Tried full astral+high crit (20%+ crit and plus 335 hel), and it wasn't enough. I tried many sets, used 2 oblivion, but couldn't master my pally. A paladin is like a warlock. Only the best can release the full potential of pally.

And somebody said something about mana bonusses. The forsakens +3 mana regen bonus is good, but after they changed the mana regen system, its not that good anylonger. It's still good at the lower lv's, but at lv15+ it's not so usefull as before

After some changes in mana sytem, that means skills use more many, chosens. 10%+ mana bonus become a good thing. If I got it right, paladin can get 243,1 mana, which is around 50 more than my warlock use normal (Around 30, if i use mana set on warlock). Ofc you would lose some other stats if u go full mana.

Since dk hasn't heal, it's in my opinion easier to master than a dk.

But as warlock/BD, i would prefer to face a dk in arena than a paladin. I mean, a lv20 dk with +5 2h sword only hit 173 on me? We both got 3k hp, and he used 2 hp pots, but still was unable to kill me. One of my biggest mistakes, is that I always underrate paladins.

And as you can see below, even warlocks have better support skills than DK. They don't have good skills against boss, but in lab run they holy good.

Dk is a good shielduser, but he isn't better than pally. He is just a little bit behind. Like somebody said, just pick the one from the faction that you like the most.

But dk is in my opinion more built to Pvp. I once got 37th on 2vs2 in lv4-6 arena. All above me was mcoins users, and many (MANY) below me was also mcoins users. I saw a part of the dk full potential. I could kit any classes with that guy. Stun-Thorn-run-threads-thorn-run.

45394_.png

45395_.png

45396_.png

ehm sorry buddy, but since u never hunted in lab you are not able to talk about tanking, u maybe spam arenas and pvps and you good at it but when it comes about hunt and tanking, please let me talk anout it. shield can be enchanted with dark magic too. so when a boss/mobs hit u with dark magic, range or melee, shield still help u to stay alive.

Yeah your right, and like I said, dk is better with tanking a boss that attacks with dark magic. And you can talk about it all you want, but that doesn't mean I need to shut and let you do the talking...... Yes you are better than me at running through lab  :unknw: :mega_shok: :good: .Tanking, ill out tank you anyday, and I don't mean changing all my runes from dark to moon, and then back to dark again, for me that's a waste.

so u try to tell me that a dk with max dark hit u  270. yes maybe if he use a smoking spear or something.  usualy i get 450-500 dmg from the dark magic attack.

faster attack speed is faster dmg. why u think the most rogues and some bd's use mixed sword dagger with high attack speed? even u perfer the mace with 2.4 than the 2handed with 3.4 why? cause it hit faster. in the end its more dmg.

i always thought paladin is half necro.... well  :lol:

ps dont make so many coments hard to answer.

Sorry, I didn't know my statements were hard to answer, and you don't have to answer them if you don't understand. I choose mace over 2hand for more reasons than just attack speed. Att speed is the last thing I think about. I don't need to explain the benefits of 1hand to you, or do I? Yes in the end it is more damage, if you can stay alive long enough.

Yeah your right, and like I said, dk is better with tanking a boss that attacks with dark magic. And you can talk about it all you want, but that doesn't mean I need to shut and let you do the talking...... Yes you are better than me at running through lab  :unknw: :mega_shok: :good: .Tanking, ill out tank you anyday, and I don't mean changing all my runes from dark to moon, and then back to dark again, for me that's a waste.

there is no way u can outtank me... sorry :spiteful:

ps. they hard to answer when u just spam posts....

Lets pvp coz eu have 2 best pala. . Seb vs gabrunath. . .if you don't mind. . . Xd

i just say pala is beter 4 b.d , like a tank in lab way xd or any. . . .bt nt gud dmg. . .

1/5/2013 ur pvp time xd

I've never heard or seen either... ever. Gabraunth is the pala of eu and extra respect cause this guy almost always go randomiin arena and puts up a good fight whatever partner he gets.

@ SNP - you mentioned your pala tries, just as a side note. +5% on def stats is far to little to make def worth it. Also even a 1h needs that +20% crit.

My guidelines for a arena tank would be -

Dodge +20%

Parry +8%

Block +10%

Crit +20%

Minimum milestones for a lv20 in my eyes. Maybe gabraunth feels otherwise for pala.

@ SNP - you mentioned your pala tries, just as a side note. +5% on def stats is far to little to make def worth it. Also even a 1h needs that +20% crit.

My guidelines for a arena tank would be -

Dodge +20%

Parry +8%

Block +10%

Crit +20%

Minimum milestones for a lv20 in my eyes. Maybe gabraunth feels otherwise for pala.

Actually I agree, these stats are perfect for an arena tank. But for pala sometimes we cant decide between the regen/block rings or the astral rings (forgot names), can be a pain in the ass., so sometimes.... all the time I'm rockin the astral rings. So block gets neglected a bit. But ur dead on.

Actually I agree, these stats are perfect for an arena tank. But for pala sometimes we cant decide between the regen/block rings or the astral rings (forgot names), can be a pain in the ass., so sometimes.... all the time I'm rockin the astral rings. So block gets neglected a bit. But ur dead on.

i agree here. even if the rings have hp regen and block against spellcasters they are not that affective. they have a chance to block the incoming attack but with the astral rings a paladin can most times undo that damage and even more by healing himself. as far as i see, most paladins use astral rings.

Their use to be a barb named WWS on EU-Emerald. Best 1h barb their ever was, we use to play back when i played on bloodylips. He was ranked 4th a large portion of last arena season.

However i believe he stopped playing :(

I think paladin is better. I made a DK, Lesyeux (French for The Eyes), which will be a shield dk, to see if I will change my mind. Dk was the first char of the 2 new factions, and I liked the class. He got fascinating skills, and even long time after the release, im still fascinated of his skills. In my opinion, dk and paladin got the most fscinating skills of the new factions, with necro on 3th place.

And it need a lot experience, training, hard work to master a pally to its full potential. I have since the release of the new clan tried pally twice, but i stil haven't found the secret you need to master a pally. I tried high def, dodge, block and parry (20%+ dodge, 5%+ parry and block) but it wasn't perfect. Tried full astral+high crit (20%+ crit and plus 335 hel), and it wasn't enough. I tried many sets, used 2 oblivion, but couldn't master my pally. A paladin is like a warlock. Only the best can release the full potential of pally.

And somebody said something about mana bonusses. The forsakens +3 mana regen bonus is good, but after they changed the mana regen system, its not that good anylonger. It's still good at the lower lv's, but at lv15+ it's not so usefull as before

After some changes in mana sytem, that means skills use more many, chosens. 10%+ mana bonus become a good thing. If I got it right, paladin can get 243,1 mana, which is around 50 more than my warlock use normal (Around 30, if i use mana set on warlock). Ofc you would lose some other stats if u go full mana.

Since dk hasn't heal, it's in my opinion easier to master than a dk.

But as warlock/BD, i would prefer to face a dk in arena than a paladin. I mean, a lv20 dk with +5 2h sword only hit 173 on me? We both got 3k hp, and he used 2 hp pots, but still was unable to kill me. One of my biggest mistakes, is that I always underrate paladins.

And as you can see below, even warlocks have better support skills than DK. They don't have good skills against boss, but in lab run they holy good.

Dk is a good shielduser, but he isn't better than pally. He is just a little bit behind. Like somebody said, just pick the one from the faction that you like the most.

But dk is in my opinion more built to Pvp. I once got 37th on 2vs2 in lv4-6 arena. All above me was mcoins users, and many (MANY) below me was also mcoins users. I saw a part of the dk full potential. I could kit any classes with that guy. Stun-Thorn-run-threads-thorn-run.

i agree with this 100% ^^