Balance melee vs range

Odin

I haven't made a suggestion in a long time so what the hell why not?

Despite some recent tweaks to skill usage and duratins on a few skills.  The fundamental range vs melee dynamic is still flawed on all levels (pvp open war etc)

The despite having a few skills to close ranks there's so much crowd control on ranged classes that the imbalance remains despite the adjustments. 

So I'll suggest again....only melee attacks should stagger.  Too often a running ranged class can turn and fire a normal attack then continue running, and the fact that it staggers the chasing melee means the gap between the two never shortens.  I'd exclude any skills that would be expected to stagger like bees or splash.  Again, only melee attacks should stagger...Ty.

i agree about the stager xD u should try runing to a warlock while getting dmg and stagered from his blue circle :rofl: i would like them to remove all classes stagers would be better :) maybe only keep adds able to stager players

i agree about the stager xD u should try runing to a warlock while getting dmg and stagered from his blue circle :rofl: i would like them to remove all classes stagers would be better :) maybe only keep adds able to stager players

Removing all would have no effect.. The running ranged would never be slowed down without stagger.  It would remain exactly the same as far as the balance between melee and ranged.

Almost every ranged class has two skills that help them create distance (bees+root, blind+quake, splash+circle+fear, trap+scatter, chains+teleport).

Melee classes are given one skill to bridge the gap rarely two (stealth, hamstring, charge+chop, fetters,  exhale+tendrils).

If the gap never shortens between a class designed to run and another designed to chase, and the chaser is always out numbered in the skills used to counter distance then the imbalance remains. 

Yes.

Balancing isn't easy. It usually ends up making one class obsolete.

Make all classes op, gg.

Then it's gonna be like a Warlock vs Warlock fight, first stun wins XD

Im also annoyed by the staggering from their shot. Their skills however don't bother me so much. This system is based on reality. Archers/ranged classes have changed the outcome of most battles in realtime. So I think its hard for devs to come up with a system that we will all accept. Rouge throwing knives would be cool. You know, gandalf had a small sword in lord of the rings, these things could work. Give pala a slingshot, a pop to the head might slow a warlock down  :crazy:

I thought add pasive skill "Power of Mele" (Increase his all magic defense 4% and physical defense for 2%) :pleasantry:

I thought add pasive skill "Power of Mele" (Increase his all magic defense 4% and physical defense for 2%) :pleasantry:

Doesn't change a thing, you're still getting kited to 3013

Always thought it would be cool for bladedancers, or any melee class I guess, to have a skill that negates stagger for a limited duration. This suggestion is going one step up. I like the idea and I don't XD

Yes please!! Balances need to be done with melee vs range. Either give some melees m :sorry:ore stagger effects or lessen the ranged types stagger effects. I for one play both melee and range and I can literally go vs a melee with my ranged and never get touched when I have a few spaces to work with. There needs to be a way to lessen the gap.

Yehhhhhh!!!! :pleasantry:  I'm done with kiting bullshit on my Druid,do you know how it feels killin someone with HP full with kiting? It feels like sucking duck heads

Опубликованное фото

I agree,only Melee classes should do stagger with their normal attacks