Arena changes

ycheung

Should this be implemented?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Should this be implemented?

• Yes
    • No

I dont know if this has been suggested already and i dont care.

I think arena points should be given in terms of how many players a team has killed.

example of the current arena system. (3v3 lvl15-18. Team A wins by killing the other team which gives ~30 points.  Team B loses and earns only ~8 points or the battle.)

My suggestion.

example (3v3 lvl15-18. Team A wins by killing the other team which gives the same, around 30 points. Team B loses but manages to kill 2 players from Team A which gives a (small) bonus of around 2-5 points per kill to the losing team, thus earning around 18 points instead of the measly 8 points.

The reason i suggested this is to encourage more players to go arena(since pvp is one of the main  in this game) not just the stronger/experienced ones but also the weaker/less experienced play and because it feels that even though your team managed to kill 2-4 of the other team and still lose you end up seeing a +3/+10 on your screen despite your efforts.

To sum it up it makes arena more rewarding to all players.

Notes.

-This is a suggestion, its open to any kinds of other changes, suggestions and ideas. [If you don't like it leave.. its simple]

-Note that this rule applies to all arena brackets (2v2 /3v3 /5v5 ) and the bonus points should/could be scaled to player levels appropriately (lvl18's give 5 points if killed//lvl15's give 3.) etc

I like this idea :)

Just have a question, in the event of a tie, do both teams get the same points? I know in the lava map, if the eruption kills the last player remaining, your team wouldn't get a kill. So if you do tie, would the team who had the guy die from the eruption get the same points as the team that died first?

I think arena points should be given in terms of how many players a team has killed.

example of the current arena system. (3v3 lvl15-18. Team A wins by killing the other team which gives ~30 points.  Team B loses and earns only ~8 points or the battle.)

The whole basis of arena is teamwork. I Disagree.

The idea of players gaining extra points via kills can degrade the teamwork side of arena.

The reason i suggested this is to encourage more players to go arena(since pvp is one of the main  in this game)

There is still many ways to branch out the pvp side of this game. 1x1 arena or/and an official pvp area can do this.

-This is a suggestion, its open to any kinds of other changes, suggestions and ideas. [If you don't like it leave.. its simple]

lmao Опубликованное фото

Take your pro's with your con's.

The whole basis of arena is teamwork. I Disagree.

The idea of players gaining extra points via kills can degrade the teamwork side of arena.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is still many ways to branch out the pvp side of this game. 1x1 arena or/and an official pvp area can do this.

Wouldn't teamwork be more important if this change is implemented? You will have to decide with your teammate(s) on which enemy to kill ,strategies...etc  (This is already done in-game by most players of course but It adds abit more of a serious element during arenas) Im sure players will double their efforts during arenas including the half-assed free/ticket spammers who just waste their tickets without even trying to win for their partner.

On your 2nd point if you do still believe the devs will implement a 1v1 system by all means do. (not that im saying its a bad idea)..

But we have to face facts eventually If you think how many people demanded a 1v1 arena/pvp area etc.. From ALL the servers Ru/Eu/Us etc etc. The devs have heard the players but chose to ignore their request.

Don't ask why they did, i don't really mind but some people need to stop clinging onto dreams and face facts.

I like this idea :)

Just have a question, in the event of a tie, do both teams get the same points? I know in the lava map, if the eruption kills the last player remaining, your team wouldn't get a kill. So if you do tie, would the team who had the guy die from the eruption get the same points as the team that died first?

The rule should apply in the case of a draw(when both team dies for various reasons) then they would each get the set amount of points per kill which, ends up with everyone getting bonus points.

The rule should apply in the case of a draw(when both team dies for various reasons) then they would each get the set amount of points per kill which, ends up with everyone getting bonus points.

if both teams die(like what happens in case of volcano court arena). It should be treated as a tie n at least half of the points should be rewarded to both of the teams. That means 30/2 =15 points instead of treating both as loosers n giving that 8 points or so each (in case of 3x3 level 15-18). Further i think like if one team has killed the other team with his last man has low hp( lets say 80 hp) the arena should stop right there n this team should be rewarded as victorious, instead of that volcano kills him later n considering both as loosing sides

if both teams die(like what happens in case of volcano court arena). It should be treated as a tie n at least half of the points should be rewarded to both of the teams. That means 30/2 =15 points instead of treating both as loosers n giving that 8 points or so each (in case of 3x3 level 15-18). Further i think like if one team has killed the other team with his last man has low hp( lets say 80 hp) the arena should stop right there n this team should be rewarded as victorious, instead of that volcano kills him later n considering both as loosing sides

Yup, the volcanoes should stop erupting after one team dies

Wouldn't teamwork be more important if this change is implemented? You will have to decide with your teammate(s) on which enemy to kill ,strategies...etc  (This is already done in-game by most players of course but It adds abit more of a serious element during arenas) Im sure players will double their efforts during arenas including the half-assed free/ticket spammers who just waste their tickets without even trying to win for their partner.

Dude, when players go into arena I don't think they have much time to talk about which player they want to kill first lmao, have you ever been in arena before. Blue is right because a team is a single entity, therefore if a team wins the points are rewarded to those players that had combined efforts in the game. If a team looses they get the minimum loosing points. It boils down to combined efforts. Besides, the sound of winning tastes better than killing.

The points go for all the losing members not just the one with the kill.

How the ♥♥♥♥ can you disagree with this suggestion, guys? And even say it reduces teamwork, dafuq have you even read the suggestion

FFS, when you post in the suggestion board threads atleast turn on your brains.  :facepalm:

Here, I'll make it alot easier to understand

let's say it's

2 +8-9 amplified BDs vs Ioki & Spanish

when they open location list they go " OMFG are you ♥♥♥♥ing kidding me, might aswell go naked "

but now since they get bonus points if they manage to get a kill they would go " take down the one who has no heal, I'll try and hamstring first then you follow once it goes off we will most likely lose but if we get to stun one then we could get bonus points for a kill "

2 BDs lost BUT killed Ioki, so they get +2 arena points.

Understand?

Dude, when players go into arena I don't think they have much time to talk about which player they want to kill first lmao, have you ever been in arena before. Blue is right because a team is a single entity, therefore if a team wins the points are rewarded to those players that had combined efforts in the game. If a team looses they get the minimum loosing points. It boils down to combined efforts. Besides, the sound of winning tastes better than killing.

I dont think you guys are seeing it from my perspective.

You dont need to ask if ive been arena or not, fought you many times before already.

But whenever i go to arena with a random partner most of the times, yes we dont have much time to decide who to kill and usually we stick to the universal arena rules kill sham/druid first etc. which in most cases we win, BUT in the cases that we lose is because either we made a mistake ranging from various reasons.

-Wrong target (yes sometimes killing the caster classes isnt a good idea)

-ignoring the other target (this is obvious, even a player with low hp can still do full dmg)

-not knowing what your partner will do (Maybe he will rush in/target other players/suicide) so it basically becomes a 2v1 situation with a partner who doesn't even try/care to win.

What im saying is this change will involve you and your partner working together and deciding who to kill first. = TEAMWORK

It doesn't separate the team in anyway at all. A organized team is better than a unorganized one, am i wrong? Killing is winning in arena anyway, If you haven't noticed.

This inst a 1 way rule, the other team if they hated their opponents so much that they didn't want them to earn extra points means they will increase their teamwork and protect each other.

In the end = more teamwork+rewarding gameplay

How the ♥♥♥♥ can you disagree with this suggestion, guys? And even say it reduces teamwork, dafuq have you even read the suggestion

FFS, when you post in the suggestion board threads atleast turn on your brains.  :facepalm:

let's say it's

when they open location list they go " OMFG are you ♥♥♥♥ing kidding me, might aswell go naked "

but now since they get bonus points if they manage to get a kill they would go " take down the one who has no heal, I'll try and hamstring first then you follow once it goes off we will most likely lose but if we get to stun one then we could get bonus points for a kill "

Understand?

+1

Wht happens when the arena finish because of runners [when there are survivors left] ?

Normal rules of arena would apply. It would end up a tie, but you get points for killing the runners teammate.

let's say it's

Understand?

Hehe when i face hassn and his high amped partner, I'm like oh well... just hit as much as i can, maybe hassn will die :lol:

I dont think you guys are seeing it from my perspective.

You dont need to ask if ive been arena or not, fought you many times before already.

But whenever i go to arena with a random partner most of the times, yes we dont have much time to decide who to kill and usually we stick to the universal arena rules kill sham/druid first etc. which in most cases we win, BUT in the cases that we lose is because either we made a mistake ranging from various reasons.

-Wrong target (yes sometimes killing the caster classes isnt a good idea)

-ignoring the other target (this is obvious, even a player with low hp can still do full dmg)

-not knowing what your partner will do (Maybe he will rush in/target other players/suicide) so it basically becomes a 2v1 situation with a partner who doesn't even try/care to win.

What im saying is this change will involve you and your partner working together and deciding who to kill first. = TEAMWORK

It doesn't separate the team in anyway at all. A organized team is better than a unorganized one, am i wrong? Killing is winning in arena anyway, If you haven't noticed.

This inst a 1 way rule, the other team if they hated their opponents so much that they didn't want them to earn extra points means they will increase their teamwork and protect each other.

In the end = more teamwork+rewarding gameplay

I hear you bro, but I still don't see how this suggestion could increase better or more effective teamplay in the battles. Your saying that giving more points will create more team efforts. Im really confused here. Maybe i dont understand what you are saying. Sorry

But onto another note. If you get more points for killing then wouldn't everyone use all of their arena tickets for 5x5? So no one would care to go 2x2 or 3x3, because you could take a chance in 5x5 getting far more points with 1 ticket. 5x5 would be over loaded and warlocks/rangers would be at the top of the charts.

I don't agree with this idea.

Point is gab, it gives players motivation. a drive that they didn't have before. Like sange said, when you go up against players you know can defeat you easily, you won't throw in the towel and say just kill me. You'd fight harder hoping you could get 2points for just killing one of them.

And isn't 5x5 already dominated by warlocks, shamans and rangers? It would be just like the start of a new arena season, when everyone went 5x5 but still died because the high amped and pros where winning. The craze would die out and people would ses that they could earn more points in winning a 2x2 with bonus point kills than losing 5x5 with a few kills.

But onto another note. If you get more points for killing then wouldn't everyone use all of their arena tickets for 5x5? So no one would care to go 2x2 or 3x3, because you could take a chance in 5x5 getting far more points with 1 ticket. 5x5 would be over loaded and warlocks/rangers would be at the top of the charts.

I don't agree with this idea.

I don't get what's wrong with this, 5x5 = more points = waste less money

This suggestion = more teamwork = more points for losing team that put effort into getting a kill or more

Get a good party and that high amp opponent party won't be so hard.

I remember when season 2 arena came out and 5 +10 shamans kept spamming 5x5 and even bought books to reset their quake to 5, we beaten them more than they beaten us and we only used 1 warlock or 2 shamans max, 2-3 were melees

At Sapphire they do 5x5 24/7 and I've never seen any Warlock/Ranger ruling arena in my whole time of playing there

Just these high amp lv14 people who belong to a clan of high amp lv14 twinks that do 5x5s together and that's pretty much it.

Well Uh!!.. I happen to like 2x2  :'(  and trains.

I understand the point you guys are making, and your right it would give a better chance to many different kinds of players. But wouldn't it be unfair to players that go 2x2 or 3x3 and win? Shouldn't all victories/wins be given the same point value?

Well 2x2 is where the pros are so this way the newbies can farm their arena points in 5x5

while the pros can increase their ratings fighting strong opponents at 2x2

It's like this at Sapphire too

I don't see how it could go wrong

and yes I agree the points for 2x2 and 3x3 should be increased

Hmm.. ok. Ill bring up one major point for this topic..

Think about the full support types who rarely kill and spend most of the time keeping his/her team alive.

( and this is not always healers, Supporting each other in general in arena matches can be a random role, from a well place gouge, taking traps and also giving up a potential kill to help a teammate in trouble. ect )

Is it fair to reward only those who kill when others help get those kills? That's why my "brain is not turned on".

Hmm.. ok. Ill bring up one major point for this topic..

Think about the full support types who rarely kill and spend most of the time keeping his/her team alive.

( and this is not always healers, Supporting each other in general in arena matches can be a random role, from a well place gouge, taking traps and also giving up a potential kill to help a teammate in trouble. ect )

Is it fair to reward only those who kill when others help get those kills? That's why my "brain is not turned on".

I thought that the point reward would go to the whole team, not just an dividual.... :unknw:

I thought that the point reward would go to the whole team, not just an dividual.... :unknw:

Lol point taken... turns out my "head was switched on" but my glasses was not. ( never lose your glasses and try reading forum lmao )

As long as it remains for the whole team and only when the team loses... im all for it.

Wht happens when the arena finish because of runners [when there are survivors left] ?

30/2=15 points in that case too and ofcourse

Normal rules of arena would apply. It would end up a tie, but you get points for killing the runners teammate.

if ur team killed their teams high level partners u'll get bonus points. Lets say 17-13.

really interesting, because then more people will go in 3x3 and 5x5 *-*

that sounds loss to devs. So i guess its not gonna be implemented. They want u to spam 2x2 only for more ticket sale

that sounds loss to devs. So i guess its not gonna be implemented. They want u to spam 2x2 only for more ticket sale

thinking of it this way you are right *-*

Im sure the devs can tweak this abit

On your 2nd point if you do still believe the devs will implement a 1v1 system by all means do. (not that im saying its a bad idea)..

But we have to face facts eventually If you think how many people demanded a 1v1 arena/pvp area etc.. From ALL the servers Ru/Eu/Us etc etc. The devs have heard the players but chose to ignore their request.

Don't ask why they did, i don't really mind but some people need to stop clinging onto dreams and face facts.

SO duckING TRUE.