Mining & Fishing in Warspear

Omnipotent

Usually, if I do not feel like doing quests I just log off of Warspear because I can't think of other things to do, since I am only a standard level 20. However, if there were other activities in the game that were worth doing, I would stay online to do them. This is where I suggest Mining and Fishing to be added to the game. 

Starting on Mining, I feel like it would make earning money at lower levels easier. So, my ideas on Mining are:

-Mining requires a pickax, which can be upgraded as you level up your Mining level similar to how you upgrade your armor and weapons, and can also break like weapons and armor.

-Mining sites will be spread throughout all the maps and will consist of rocks. Clicking the rocks will make the character start mining the rock. You can mine faster the 1)Higher mining level you are 2)The level of pickax you are using.

-Successfully mining a rock will automatically place an item called "rocks" in the player's inventory and also a random chance, based on Mining level, to get a random ore or gem. With the ore, you can take it to a town to smelt it at a blacksmith to have the chance to successfully make a bar of that ore (based on hero level), or fail to produce the bar, which will result in the destruction of the ore.

-The resulting bar can be sold to a shop for gold. This will give an origin to many of the metal bars like the copper, silver, gold, and mithril bars.

Now for Fishing, an activity all mmos need:

-Fishing requires a Fishing rod, and will work like the pickax but for catching fish.

-Fishing spots will be spread around coasts and lakes on all of the maps. Different areas in different maps contain fishing spots that give different fish.

-Fishing is very AFK, so clicking the fishing spot will make the character catch 10 fish then pause to wait for the player to click the fishing spot again.

-Fish can be eaten raw and can give special attributes, such as boosted defense for 10 min. , or boosted ferocity for 10 min.

-Fish can be sold for money, but not much.

-When fishing, you will have a random chance (based on fishing level and fishing rod used) to get an underwater chest. The chest can drop many good items like metal bars, potions, repair scrolls, and even single signs of imperishablilities.

-Fishing random events to prevent players from being AFK for too long. With a small percentage, a sea creature will jump out of the water and attack only the player it was summoned to attack. The creature's stats will scale to that of the player to even low levels can kill them.

Edited by Omnipotent
incomplete

3 часа назад, Omnipotent сказал:

Mining sites will be spread throughout all the maps and will consist of rocks. Clicking the rocks will make the character start mining the rock.

I once proposed something similar for mining resources for crafters. There has been no reaction yet. Apparently, the fact is that all these proposals will greatly damage the economy of the game, which is going through hard times ...

YES! I agree with everything said in this post, having other stuff to do in game beside questing or fighting should be a given in any rpg game

we now have crafting but we should have more, thus i present my take on this

Alchemy

or potion making to be specific

the world of arinar is filled with many ingredient that can be got from monster drops, plants and herbs from the ground and generally these items are only used for blue quests.

- any town shop will be selling empty flasks or viles that the player can buy, there should be a tab similar to crafting that the player can access for alchemy

- adding 1 empty flask, 1 crafting scroll ( the same once used for crafting ) and from 1 to 4 "ingredients" to make potions

- now the special thing about alchemy is that there will not be a potion menu to see potions and what items they need, instead you will have a "learned" section that will show you the potion you learned, you can learn new potion recipes by experimenting with different ingredients

- any potion made will first be a "unstable potion" when drinked by you or anyone else, the player will know the potion effect and it will be learned and added to your learned potions menu

- different areas and maps will have different items drops that will have different potions to make, now once someone get to learn a new potion recipe they can either keep the knowledge for himself and monopolies its market or share it with other, ofc other people can learn how to make the same potions recipes without knowing

7 минут назад, FakeUser сказал:

I agree with everything said in this post, having other stuff to do in game beside questing or fighting should be a given in any rpg game

we now have crafting but we should have more, thus i present my take on this

Alchemy

or potion making to be specific

the world of arinar is filled with many ingredient that can be got from monster drops, plants and herbs from the ground and generally these items are only used for blue quests.

- any town shop will be selling empty flasks or viles that the player can buy, there should be a tab similar to crafting that the player can access for alchemy

- adding 1 empty flask, 1 crafting scroll ( the same once used for crafting ) and from 1 to 4 "ingredients" to make potions

- now the special thing about alchemy is that there will not be a potion menu to see potions and what items they need, instead you will have a "learned" section that will show you the potion you learned, you can learn new potion recipes by experimenting with different ingredients

- any potion made will first be a "unstable potion" when drinked by you or anyone else, the player will know the potion effect and it will be learned and added to your learned potions menu

- different areas and maps will have different items drops that will have different potions to make, now once someone get to learn a new potion recipe they can either keep the knowledge for himself and monopolies its market or share it with other, ofc other people can learn how to make the same potions recipes without knowing

All this is wonderful, but you need to think about how to prevent the appearance of excess gold in the game, and thereby not bring down the market. Otherwise, developers will inevitably raise prices for something else in order to prevent inflation.

1 hour ago, акм said:

All this is wonderful, but you need to think about how to prevent the appearance of excess gold in the game, and thereby not bring down the market. Otherwise, developers will inevitably raise prices for something else in order to prevent inflation.

More than inflation, I honestly think that these features will encourage even more the use of bots, things that are hard to get rid of. 

Edited by Higgings
Typo

21 минуту назад, Higgings сказал:

More than inflection, I honestly think that these features will encourage even more the use of bots, things that are hard to get rid of

And this is also true. Although this is not as common on our servers as it is on yours, it will also be an incentive for our crooks.:smile:

Probably, solutions are possible here. For example, in these locations, place a very slowly moving boss with 10k damage. With an unpredictable trajectory of movement. Some other dirty tricks can be invented, which will be avoided exclusively by human reaction. In any case, this will greatly complicate the writing of scripts.

Edited by акм

From some time i thogth about those futures too, i think those ideas are great, there will be much more to do when you are done with quests and when you are bored from farming mobs/bosses, haveing such minigames its aweys wellcome.

1 hour ago, Higgings said:

More than inflection, I honestly think that these features will encourage even more the use of bots, things that are hard to get rid of. 

We cant hold the game progress cuz chince bots higgy, also there aweys ways to prevent them from makeing profit or slow them atleast.

Example: for fishing when you catch fish there can be random counter from when you pull it from the water from like 1 to 10 sec also catched fish can be made to "rot" witch make it unuseble after lets say 30mins if its not eaten or used for craft or sold.

Mineing: most of the rock can be in pvp areas, good luck afk mine when miners from enemy faction apper

57 minutes ago, coldravens said:

From some time i thogth about those futures too, i think those ideas are great, there will be much more to do when you are done with quests and when you are bored from farming mobs/bosses, haveing such minigames its aweys wellcome.

We cant hold the game progress cuz chince bots higgy, also there aweys ways to prevent them from makeing profit or slow them atleast.

Example: for fishing when you catch fish there can be random counter from when you pull it from the water from like 1 to 10 sec also catched fish can be made to "rot" witch make it unuseble after lets say 30mins if its not eaten or used for craft or sold.

Mineing: most of the rock can be in pvp areas, good luck afk mine when miners from enemy faction apper

Well, ideas are a lot indeed. We shall see what's the best in order to prevent such actions from happening