[2020.02.05] Contest "Best Costume - 2020"

Holmes

• Developer

ввввв.png

Friends!

You have plenty of creative ideas and we’re certain that this year you are once again ready to bring it to reality. We’re glad to announce the launch of the
traditional yearly contest “Best Costume 2020”. You will have the opportunity to leave a mark in history of Arinar, because the winning costume will be added into the game in one of the upcoming updates! And don’t forget about the glory and wonderful reward of Miracle Coins, that we’ll distribute among authors of the most worthy works.

How to participate:

• create a separate topic in this forum section, with the name of the costume in the title, and also the nickname and server of your character, so that we know where to send the reward if you win;
  • in the topic, describe your costume — how it looks, what material and parts it is made of;
  • and most importantly, attach a picture you’ve drawn of that costume, in the topic. 

Only one work can be accepted from each participant.

Conditions for creating a picture: 

• necessarily in pixel-art style: height of the costume around 34-45 pixels (squares), and width — no more than 24; you can check how costumes were drawn in the previous years;
  • any format: on paper, in a notebook, notepad or a graphics editor such as Paint, Photoshop or any other;
  • in any position, but it’s enough to do a frontal view.

Forbidden:

• completely copying existing costumes of superheroes, characters of movies or games;
  • recoloring costumes from Warspear Online (for example making a white costume of the chosen one green);
  • using works of others, downloaded from the internet.

Fulfilling the conditions will help you get closer to victory and also help us release the costume in the nearest spring update!

Our judges will evaluate the following criteria:

• Quality of the work and completeness of the description;
  • Possibility of recreating it in the game;
  • Originality of the work.

Rewards for the winners:

• First place: 15 000 Miracle coins + adding the costume to the game and giving it to the winner;
  • Second place: 12 500 Miracle coins;
  • Third place: 10 000 Miracle coins.

Incentive prizes are also possible at the judges’ discretion.

We will accept works from 5 to 17 of February. After finishing accepting works, our judges will need time to determine winners, so we will announce the results no later than 21 of February. 

We wish everyone inspiration and a steady hand to draw with!

Edited by Holmes

• Holmes pinned this topic
48 minutes ago, HarryBr said:

if i draw in my notebook i can participate?:hmm:

yes, you can. But I advise you to make a grid to make sure that your drawing can be made with pixels with the correct dimensions. 

Does the costume have to be something original or could a fictional character be used?

Sorry, I didn't read all the info

Edited by Higgings
Please, use normal sized letters

On 2/4/2020 at 5:59 PM, Holmes said:
  • completely copying existing costumes of superheroes, characters of movies or games;
  • recoloring costumes from Warspear Online (for example making a white costume of the chosen one green);
  • using works of others, downloaded from the internet

I wanna ask something, can i edit my costume before the final date of submitting the costume?