About skins (costume)

DGMK

Well, lets just get straight to the point.

I feel like this game needs costumes that are permanently rare. Meaning that it will not be obtainable ever since the release period of it.

I personally have a lot of cool costumes that are from wayyyyy back when the game kicks off. But they keep coming back and they just feel less and less exclusive. Oddirently speaking, there are probably thousands of costume around and it is getting hard to differentiate between actual good, rare costume. 

You may say thats a bit selfish, but i do wana bring meaning to spending tones of money on costume and finally, you stand out beyond all people around. But later just... boom, u can get the costume again in a way easier manner. 

It could be something like seasons, 1-2year could be a nice threshold where old costume before that will become exclusive and not obtainable. Especially those old boss costume, event costume and lb award costume. It will only encourage the flow of the game, because the price can increase as time goes on, theres nothing to lose for you. Even cheap costume will gain value later on, and you can proudly present it to show u are an old player and deserve every bits of its glory</

Edited by DGMK

There are few items like that, but they're commemorative or from achievements, often with the parameter "personal". I personally think that the costumes and items form achievements should be the rarest of all, for those who really worked hard for it. But I see your point.

2 hours ago, Akasha said:

There are few items like that, but they're commemorative or from achievements, often with the parameter "personal". I personally think that the costumes and items form achievements should be the rarest of all, for those who really worked hard for it. But I see your point.

True, but those are way too small of a portion imo. Don't players or developers want the street to be filled with new costume and thats why they designed them for? Especially those boss costumes, like mortis, ruberius and winter general in this year should be the most iconic thing representing the 2017 winter event and 2017 winter event only. 

The exclusiveness should be the thing that motivates one to spend tones of money on costume they like because it will only get lost in time if one doesn't hurry. And since the costume will be exclusive after a period maybe it's a good time to introduce mc to unbind costume, I believe many people will be more than happy to hear that...

Ps. The graphic preview of the summary just came out earlier today. And it shows how many costume of each boss from each event drops. Since there are finite numbers on it does it mean boss costume now on won't be obtainable? 

ı remember elysium costume at old days. I call rare costume for that if someone bought. I bet  Even devolopers not remember that costume. In my opinion costume can be rare if u buy with high price mc coin. Rare people can buy or get with contest.

8 hours ago, crnoss said:

ı remember elysium costume at old days. I call rare costume for that if someone bought. I bet  Even devolopers not remember that costume. In my opinion costume can be rare if u buy with high price mc coin. Rare people can buy or get with contest.

What im suggesting isnt really about rarity, its about how exclusive and "special" one costume can be. Especially those boss costumes (Chernobog, baron saturday, Ruberius, Mortis...) should only be obtainable within the event and never after to introduce this exclusive feeling and increase its price. 

Doesnt it feel good to think that you will be one one in xxx people in this game that owns this costume? And you will always be?

Edited by DGMK

9 hours ago, crnoss said:

In my opinion costume can be rare if u buy with high price mc coin. Rare people can buy or get with contest.

Rare costume doesn't necessarily mean expensive; you don't confirm the rarity of an item by its price. 

27 minutes ago, Higgings said:

Rare costume doesn't necessarily mean expensive; you don't confirm the rarity of an item by its price. 

u not sell rare costume in game ?

12 минут назад, Higgings сказал:

I still do not understand how the price of suits is formed. First of all, probably the difficulty of obtaining affects the price. The rarity of the costume is also important, only rare ones can be expensive. And strangely enough, the appearance of the costume does not play a special role, often the most expensive ones are the most ugly.:smile:

1 hour ago, DGMK said:

What im suggesting isnt really about rarity, its about how exclusive and "special" one costume can be. Especially those boss costumes (Chernobog, baron saturday, Ruberius, Mortis...) should only be obtainable within the event and never after to introduce this exclusive feeling and increase its price. 

Doesnt it feel good to think that you will be one one in xxx people in this game that owns this costume? And you will always be?

ı understand what u mean bro. ı hope one day they give true rare costume for hard workers.

Edited by crnoss

4 minutes ago, акм said:

I still do not understand how the price of suits is formed. First of all, probably the difficulty of obtaining affects the price. The rarity of the costume is also important, only rare ones can be expensive. And strangely enough, the appearance of the costume does not play a special role, often the most expensive ones are the most ugly.:smile:

The price of an item is made by players who rate them in accordance (and this is indeed a mistake if we speak of a suit's price) to the suit's beauty; there are suits rated horrible on their look but that are indeed rare due to fact that not many copies of that exist. 

We are basically saying the same thing though. 

6 minutes ago, акм said:

Price of suits goes up if few players really want it because rare and are willing to pay almost anything for it

6 minutes ago, crnoss said:

ı understand what u mean bro. ı hope one day they give true rare costume for hard workers.

Like the mantle of the decade which you got if you played when ws turned 10 years old

14 минут назад, Higgings сказал:

The price of an item is made by players who rate them in accordance (and this is indeed a mistake if we speak of a suit's price) to the suit's beauty;

Still, I believe that players are not looking for beauty but individuality. And they are ready to pay for it, if they don’t succeed in standing out differently in the game.

1 minute ago, акм said:

Still, I believe that players are not looking for beauty but individuality. And they are ready to pay for it, if they don’t succeed in standing out differently in the game.

ı like this topic all legends together and good for improve english

Some rare costumes not blocked from drop... but still really rare. (Yeah, anyone can't sell they 😄 because "Receiving").

(I'm talking about Lady Dress, Princess Dress and Sorceress Dress)

Price of costume is mainly determined by those key factors: demand (how many people want it), supplies (how many is available), how (difficult of looting it) and sustainability (can it be looted later, or in this case, how long will it stay exclusive until next obtainable event)

16 minutes ago, symbx said:

Some rare costumes not blocked from drop... but still really rare. (Yeah, anyone can't sell they 😄 because "Receiving").

(I'm talking about Lady Dress, Princess Dress and Sorceress Dress)

Well true but i don't find them very appealing. As what im suggesting make sure every costume is unique if given time because they become "antique" if stored hard enough. I somewhat force the game from progressing and make sure most people will be wearing new costume instead of old ones, and i somewhat like that.

Also just the feeling of having something you love forever be special just like your char gets me amped up hehe.

9 часов назад, DGMK сказал:

demand (how many people want it), supplies (how many is available), how (difficult of looting it) and sustainability (can it be looted later, or in this case, how long will it stay exclusive until next obtainable event)

Most likely, demand is a derivative of the conditions listed below, and not a condition..:smile:

Edited by акм

Sigh, theres nothing about price or anything, its just i feel like every year or two should be a round of new costumes like fortinite so old players can look a bit cooler and feel a bit more special thats all.

Idk if any dev would look at this but still, i feel like theres more benefit of doing that. I mean i can't think of anything negative can happen so

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/23/2020 at 2:31 AM, DGMK said:

Sigh, theres nothing about price or anything, its just i feel like every year or two should be a round of new costumes like fortinite so old players can look a bit cooler and feel a bit more special thats all.

Idk if any dev would look at this but still, i feel like theres more benefit of doing that. I mean i can't think of anything negative can happen so

do you imagine make an endless amount of costumes for then end up in the fogrotten yard? the increase of the games weigth for stuff that it can go in the dark fogrotten lands? i think its better have the largest amount of cosumes possble always avaible, maybe just make it harder to get time by time....

On 2/15/2020 at 4:21 AM, lore said:

do you imagine make an endless amount of costumes for then end up in the fogrotten yard? the increase of the games weigth for stuff that it can go in the dark fogrotten lands? i think its better have the largest amount of cosumes possble always avaible, maybe just make it harder to get time by time....

Still better than 300costume from chest and 299 no ones gona wear