Mages

nadon

Just comparison of a walock and a mage... just what i observed ( i maybe wrong)

#3 stun kinda skills for warlock ,no stun for mages.

#More hp of warlock compared to mage.

#warlocks are true range class . mages  ,i don't know what they are :facepalm: .

#missing cloak of mage.

#Mages -changing the visual effects of a skill will not make it any better skill

It looks like devs wanted a class to entertain other classes... like ,oh! u r bored then kill a mage ...

its not a post for class discussion :facepalm:

its for the developers to look into ...

As a player of this game m asking following questions indirectly...

and u moved it :shok:

• Developer

its not a post for class discussion :facepalm:

its for the developers to look into ...

As a player of this game m asking following questions indirectly...

and u moved it :shok:

Hello.

Yes, this thread was moved from section "Suggestions" due to lack of suggestions.

This section is more suitable for that kind of threads.

Good luck!

Mage is like Melee class..because all the mage skill is for melee...you know.. a mage must be near to the enemy...and that mage chain is only for melee... nothing of a mage skill is range except that fireball... once a mage use teleport, they will get hamstring/gouge/f.o.j/stunned(dk) and mage can do nothing till the skill gone.. i hope that stone shalter can be change to Earthquake.. so its range...  + dont you dare to run from a  melee when your hp is low  because you have no choice but to come near to them :lol: :lol: and i think that Mage n Rogue have the same fate... Mage=Rogue..they are dd classes n can make high damage in short time but cant run from certain classes. Mage cant run from melee classes n rogue cant run from range class. :facepalm:

forget about my english... :pardon:

Johny. You do know you dont have to kamikaze as a mage. Fireball does plenty damage if you want to stay ranged. Teleport is more like a war skill, not a pvp one. Just sayin. And nadon.  Warlock and mage can have the same hp -_- If you mean warlocks shit heal, it makes no difference when fighting a mage with 300+ sun.  The fact that mage doesnt have a Control skill is a problem, regardless of the fact that warlock only has 2, not 3. Plash cant be counted, except vs melee and even then its just a stagger. So, ....

Mage and Warlock have the same HP. Don't tell me you haven't seen a Mage with 3000+ HP

And Mage can't be compared to Warlock

Mage is a pure damage dealing class

Warlock is more about stuns and stagger

Mages right now aren't so bad, the only downside to them is their low survivability

They can't stun or stop their enemies from using skills but they can do around 2-2.5k damage with a combo if they get some crits, note that defense is applied here.

And they can kite melees easily, use teleport to run from your enemy not to damage him, always use Stone shatter before you teleport or chains

The only thing a Mage has trouble killing is healers, all healers have a skill to stop the enemy from doing damage/using skills but Mages don't have one of these

possible solutions to this could be

- make chains prevent enemy from using skill

- make stone shatter stop the enemy from moving ( not really a good idea for range ) or they can remove the damage and make it like an AoE Root

- remake shield to absorb damage

- remove chains/shatter and replace with a fear/blind like skill

ofcourse they'd also have to reduce the Mages damage when adding those cause damage and control is too OP and 2 of their damage skills are AoE

:facepalm: sir? you kiddin me? you only saw is negative in mages, but you never tell us about goods and advantage of mage, like sange said dont compare warlock into mage cos they both good in different way. acctually mage is perfect intro in battle lvl 5x5 mage dive chain and paladin now have time to go mid and use shackles = perfect, and warlock if he miss stun its difficult to recover specially now fear is a bit weaker cos if the char hit fear effect will gone. and mage also can deal huge huge huge damgage in one combo :facepalm: i wonder why i not see yet know how to use mage properly and most of there users only complaining and complaining :sorry:

:facepalm: sir? you kiddin me? you only saw is negative in mages, but you never tell us about goods and advantage of mage, like sange said dont compare warlock into mage cos they both good in different way. acctually mage is perfect intro in battle lvl 5x5 mage dive chain and paladin now have time to go mid and use shackles = perfect, and warlock if he miss stun its difficult to recover specially now fear is a bit weaker cos if the char hit fear effect will gone. and mage also can deal huge huge huge damgage in one combo :facepalm: i wonder why i not see yet know how to use mage properly and most of there users only complaining and complaining :sorry:

sorry i didn't see this earlier so i tell you: "duck off just duck off meggido,this isn't the thread for you cuz i doupt you have any idea what we talking here,just because you like your faction,stop being hayporcit for your faction

Mage and Warlock have the same HP. Don't tell me you haven't seen a Mage with 3000+ HP

And Mage can't be compared to Warlock

Mage is a pure damage dealing class

Warlock is more about stuns and stagger

Mages right now aren't so bad, the only downside to them is their low survivability

They can't stun or stop their enemies from using skills but they can do around 2-2.5k damage with a combo if they get some crits, note that defense is applied here.

And they can kite melees easily, use teleport to run from your enemy not to damage him, always use Stone shatter before you teleport or chains

The only thing a Mage has trouble killing is healers, all healers have a skill to stop the enemy from doing damage/using skills but Mages don't have one of these

- make stone shatter stop the enemy from moving ( not really a good idea for range ) or they can remove the damage and make it like an AoE Root

ofcourse they'd also have to reduce the Mages damage when adding those cause damage and control is too OP and 2 of their damage skills are AoE

sange you have some points but

1. if lock max plush and exhuist he can do as mutch as mage,not to mension that stones hit ranged enemies 1% of.times,also using teleport vs melee.is =melee stun the mage at once by ham,charge,gauge,exhale,yellow dust

2. mage's skills does at once dmg while lock skills does same.dmg in DOT,that advatage of locks vs melee cuz of stagger,but advatage of mages vs casters

3.now for stuns,can you compare 12% magic def and chains which doesn't disable skills and useless vs ranged enemies cuz it doesn't stop enemy dmg by lock dark circles and fear? ( and sange,you and i know how they are cuz both have locks,no need to say how powerfull they are

1. Did you even try max Exhaust? it's only like +5 damage each skill up

Plash can be avoided, maxing these 2 won't make your damage equal to Mage, not all skills have the same damage

Arrow and Plash might deal the same damage at lv5 but exhaust not really.

Stones hit range enemies 1% of the time? What is this amplifying to +10 or using a skill?

If you mean when Mages use stones it doesn't hit the enemy then that means the Mage is retarded

2. Mage damage are high unlike Warlocks DoTs and Plash is avoidable, just don't step on the fire.

3. Did you not read my post?

sorry i didn't see this earlier so i tell you: "♥♥♥♥ off just ♥♥♥♥ off meggido,this isn't the thread for you cuz i doupt you have any idea what we talking here,just because you like your faction,stop being hayporcit for your factionsange you have some points but

1. if lock max plush and exhuist he can do as mutch as mage,not to mension that stones hit ranged enemies 1% of.times,also using teleport vs melee.is =melee stun the mage at once by ham,charge,gauge,exhale,yellow dust

2. mage's skills does at once dmg while lock skills does same.dmg in DOT,that advatage of locks vs melee cuz of stagger,but advatage of mages vs casters

3.now for stuns,can you compare 12% magic def and chains which doesn't disable skills and useless vs ranged enemies cuz it doesn't stop enemy dmg by lock dark circles and fear? ( and sange,you and i know how they are cuz both have locks,no need to say how powerfull they are

:good: nice attitude broo. :yahoo:

1. Did you even try max Exhaust? it's only like +5 damage each skill up

Plash can be avoided, maxing these 2 won't make your damage equal to Mage, not all skills have the same damage

Arrow and Plash might deal the same damage at lv5 but exhaust not really.

Stones hit range enemies 1% of the time? What is this amplifying to +10 or using a skill?

If you mean when Mages use stones it doesn't hit the enemy then that means the Mage is retarded

2. Mage damage are high unlike Warlocks DoTs and Plash is avoidable, just don't step on the fire.

3. Did you not read my post?

e

1. ok lets state facts, stones have 5x5 range AROUND the mage,that means 2tiles away from mage,is normal attacks of ranged classes 3 or 4 tiles range? the have to either walk towards the ranged enemy or teleport to him

2.my exhuist lvl3, does 36x3 heal, and 87x3 dmg,my dark magic is 210,idk if that is bad for you,also exhuist is full skill,means it can't be dodged or blocked,this means lock don't need that high crit or accuricy,means he can eassly max guiding and arena,while mage needs high crit and accuricy cuz his skills are dodgable and critable,maybe that is why most mages have low HP properly

1. Then go near the enemy and use it properly, duh

2. Teleport and Stones - AoE, Teleport does exact same damage as fireball, arrow and all other main damaging skills and stones does nearly the same, maybe a 50 damage difference

Exhaust - Single target, small damage because it also heals

My Warlock had 90 heals and around 120 damage each tick at lv5, not sure now since they lowered it.

Maybe 70-80 heal, with 280 dark.

Do I need to keep repeating what I already said?

Mage are the 2nd best damage dealers in game, next to Rangers.

Plus the best range tank for PvE

1. Then go near the enemy and use it properly, duh

2. Teleport and Stones - AoE, Teleport does exact same damage as fireball, arrow and all other main damaging skills and stones does nearly the same, maybe a 50 damage difference

Exhaust - Single target, small damage because it also heals

My Warlock had 90 heals and around 120 damage each tick at lv5, not sure now since they lowered it.

Maybe 70-80 heal, with 280 dark.

Do I need to keep repeating what I already said?

Mage are the 2nd best damage dealers in game, next to Rangers.

Plus the best range tank for PvE

1. yep you are right,but idk why i didn't hear you when those afew noob rogues raged on me with insuilts cuz i said"don't step on the trap,dah" -.-

2.120*3=360 which is 80 more then you dark magic,plus lets say 75 heal,75*3= 225 heal,idk but 360dmg+225heal isn't that bad and btw the heal is critable so it can reach 450 since most people complaining how priest heal CAN reach near 2k with pala Aura in crit -.-

in short as you said each class has its own style, mages are pure Aoe dmg dealers and very good in 3vs3 and 5vs5 arenas,it also does great in wars and against mobs

still our demand to devs stays, make chains do stun instead of "back off fella" effect, or replace chains by a whole diffrent mechanism of stun,idk but be creative,if that gives good ideas here is my idea,in DOTA2 there is a hero called WISP or WISPS i don't remember,it had a very unice and tactic and ultra hard to master way of using stun skills and the ultimate and shieldd skill,played onve with it and ended up 0kills,20deaths,all my team players asking me to just leave the game -.-

but i once faced a one who mastered it and he killed us 1vs3 each time by using his skills very accuritly,try playing Wisps in DOTA2 and get afew ideas how to replace mages current chains or shield

1-2. Still doesn't defend how a Warlock with lv5 exhaust and plash can equal to a Mage

And Wisp in Dota isn't a killer, he's a full support hero, gives makes a link with his ally any enemy in between the link gets stunned, gives bonus regen, MS, AS and etc.

One of the shittest hero in Dota if you plan to kill shit

1-2. Still doesn't defend how a Warlock with lv5 exhaust and plash can equal to a Mage

And Wisp in Dota isn't a killer, he's a full support hero, gives makes a link with his ally any enemy in between the link gets stunned, gives bonus regen, MS, AS and etc.

One of the shittest hero in Dota if you plan to kill shit

he is the hardest,yes

but hell no he is the worst

lol with it he can snipe enemies with the 4-5light balls around him witch run in a circle aroumd the wisp,you can make the radius of the circle smaller with Q and.larger with E as i remember

it could of been a shield if neer.him or a snipe if max radius which is out side of the the user seen area,im telling you i saw alot of people get sniped from no where by a pro wisp user

:facepalm: i think this guy is noob and keep forcing what he saying not even understand what sange say,  :facepalm: i wonder why noobs still alive in world :sorry:

:facepalm: he tell wisp a killer? yeaah wisp can be a killer and support in different function. dendi from navi use wisp as mid lane and semi carry.. but what the hell bro? why you telling dota 2 in warspear? what connect? :wacko: dota and warspear is different. never compair this game in other games its only saying that you not trust in our devs  :bad:  and skills in dota is much more imba than warspear limiting skills to be fair. you just seeing the disadvantage of mage bro, but if you see warlock have disadvantage too and other class just use your brain and study how you can use your mage properly :facepalm: :bad: 

nice topic nadon. ;)

Mr. radiant falcon first i would like to know your mage lvl,skill build and your equipments. ::)

i use for tests only really, it is lvl10, with 5shield and 3chains,don't mind it really i use it to master mages stufff till i decide to lvl it

:facepalm: i think this guy is noob and keep forcing what he saying not even understand what sange say,  :facepalm: i wonder why noobs still alive in world :sorry:

you think I'm anoob who keep forcing what he saying and don't understand what sange says? you properly wondering then why do you live in this world,my very first line to you explains it all ^^

:facepalm: he tell wisp a killer? yeaah wisp can be a killer and support in different function. dendi from navi use wisp as mid lane and semi carry.. but what the hell bro? why you telling dota 2 in warspear? what connect? :wacko: dota and warspear is different. never compair this game in other games its only saying that you not trust in our devs  :bad:  and skills in dota is much more imba than warspear limiting skills to be fair. you just seeing the disadvantage of mage bro, but if you see warlock have disadvantage too and other class just use your brain and study how you can use your mage properly :facepalm: :bad: 

did you even read our posts? we were discussion what good replacement devs may use for shield or chains,i adviced then to take afew ideas from Wisps fighting style though it is very unice

,i only see the disadvantages of mage?  read my first line

"♥♥♥♥ off just ♥♥♥♥ off meggido,this isn't the thread for you cuz i doupt you have any idea what we talking here

you don't even worth the fight,sorry but i have no time for dramas with "pros"

i use for tests only really, it is lvl10, with

5shield and 3chains,don't mind it really i

use it to master mages stufff till i decide

to lvl it

you know what i had a warlock lvl 10 with full lvl 9 stuffs and i was thinking my warlock is noob.

I just saw your signature,you hav PRO warlock lvl 16 . ;D

Try lvl up your mage ;)

you don't even worth the fight,sorry but i

have no time for dramas with "pros"

Dont judge her unless you know her personally. >:D

she`s pro dota girl in here. :blush:

Dont judge her unless you know her personally. :diablo:

she`s pro dota girl in here. :blush:

:dirol: heheh,, dont change the topic he will not realize the cool thing about mage cos he only have lvl10 mage and not know what is mage in highlevel  :facepalm: the only problem in mage is no have lvl18 mage cape by the way, correct me if im wrong, i think all class no have lvl 18 cape,ring and belt. max is lvl 17 only. and dont tell your pro cos for me your noob and never understand what real pro saying like --> mercurial told you, :bad: i*d*i*o*t go away and tell this story to you mom. taaadaaa t(uu,t) heheh

:dirol: heheh,, dont change the topic he will not realize the cool thing about mage cos he only have lvl10 mage and not know what is mage in highlevel  :facepalm: the only problem in mage is no have lvl18 mage cape by the way, correct me if im wrong, i think all class no have lvl 18 cape,ring and belt. max is lvl 17 only. and dont tell your pro cos for me your noob and never understand what real pro saying like --> mercurial told you, :bad: i*d*i*o*t go away and tell this story to you mom. taaadaaa t(uu,t) heheh

hah i can't believe im actually having an argue with you -.-

lets just ignore the mom and the idiot part ^^

first it is lvl17 cape that mages doesn't have not 18,and you THINK all classes only have lvl17 cape? wow you are so pro

idk what mage in high lvl? i tryed alot of lvl20 mages with my friends accounts to figure out what best build for mage,"the cool thing about mage" seriously? that was part of the argument -.-?

as i said,leave the topic cuz if want to start a drama on you here,you won't even enter forum again,your try is just.... lame :facepalm:

stop complaining. dont use it if u dont like it. chose other class that u say stronger than your mage  ;D

so you know mage underpowered and your solution is that no one play as a mage?

you look pathetic even postinf this

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Pro = no life, fail school kids that mostly on mc side.

Mage skills are sux for cloth wearer

Nope

Mages needs to be carefull against hard hitting melee-classes, but against other (especially cloth-armors) it are nukes :)

Mages are extra powerfull in wars. I notice my mage is doing it better in 3x3 arena (random) than 2x2 arena with partner.