Arena Astral Paladin

Akumu

Hi.

I need help from experienced players.

I want make astral paladin only for lv 18 arena.

My questions are:

- How enchant sd mace, astral or dmg/dodge or parry ?

- Which eq with astral should I buy ?

- Which set should I buy (arena/heroic/divine/any mix) ?

- How enchant arena shield, block or def ?

- How enchant all items from set ?

- What on should I focus in play / fights ?

- Is this skill build good for astral pala: Purify/Aura/Heal ?

Sorry for any mistakes and for my english.

I am waiting for answers :]

1. Damage/Depends on what you're focusing as a shield user, if you're going for high dodge with balanced parry and block go for dodge, if you're focusing on parry, block and something else use parry. Basically it all comes down to your stats, if you have around 17%+ dodge without the enchant then dodge would be good

2. Amulet and Rings, for cape use Abyss Zealot's cloak for the parry and dodge, NEVER leave out the stats for astral

for rings use 2 Glorious rings ( lv15 purple rings with astral and hp regen )

3. in my opinion, Heroic endurance.

4. For shield I'd either pick regen or block

5. Go for defensive stats, Resilience, Block, Dodge and Parry, and keep your accuracy around 15%

6. You should focus in grabbing all the attention, tanking everything and avoiding your enemy from touching your healer, go with Druids and keep up the aura, ALWAYS go first ONLY if you are with an experienced healer and have heal on you

7. It's a good build, you can also go for Fetters for the duration, just keep heal at 5 and it's cool

Basically this is for a tanky paladin and a healer + tank combo for arena/fights, you keep his heals up and tank the enemies while he supports you, if they go for him then do your best to keep them off him normally save FoJ for this time and support him too with your heals. The regen from Heroic endurance along with the high heals with lv5 aura make you get to full HP in no time

I've seen a video of 2 russian players using this combo, quite impressive, sometimes defense is better than offense.

one of the reasons why Endurance > Devine Def is cause not everyone is melee and your shield will keep your defense up and that extra block from the armour ain't bad

Good partner for this would be a Druid.

If you want an experienced Astral paladin

have a talk with Gabraunth at emerald server, he's one of the best I've seen so far

I Never played a Paladin, ever, so don't really copy what I've said I just gave my opinions

but I hope I helped.

8) Perfect describe ...

It is that, what was I waiting for :)

Thanks

But here:

3. in my opinion, Heroic endurance.

You mean full heroic ?

And... It's Arena shield better for fights than Lv 18 one from eye ?

Yes, Full Heroic endurance, it's the cheapest set too.

In my opinion, both shields are great but if you make me choose one I'd pick the lv18 one

but it all comes down to what you can afford, if you can get it easily then go for it but resilience isn't bad either.

Very thanks for all instructions.

It will be helpful for every pala watching this thread.

>admits he doesnt own a pala

>implies its the best advice hands down

>what a shame how ignorant you are, i was pretty close to giving advice from experience :(

Hi.

I need help from experienced players.

I want make astral paladin only for lv 18 arena.

My questions are:

- How enchant sd mace, astral or dmg/dodge or parry ?

- Which eq with astral should I buy ?

- Which set should I buy (arena/heroicine/any mix) ?

- How enchant arena shield, block or def ?

- How enchant all items from set ?

- What on should I focus in play / fights ?

- Is this skill build good for astral pala: Purify/Aura/Heal ?

Sorry for any mistakes and for my english.

I am waiting for answers :]

- Sd mace = I would go dodge because parry is only activated in melee to melee classes, but dodge has benefits all around, even dodging ranged attacks. Also some added info for paladins with shield can reach as high as 44% attack evasion maybe even higher. Once my dodge was around 23%, block was 10% and parry was 12%. About damage or astral... well it depends on how high your amp is. I was once amped at +7 and used an astral crystal, and soon realizing that I was chicken scratching half the opponents. So if at +7 or below amp I would go attack crystal. Also keep in mind the sd mace already has an astral bonus. Its not all about astral either. I thought stacking astral as high as I could and I would be great. This is wrong. Enough astral to make up for the 2handed loss is enough. Keep in mind your goal is to deplete your opponents life while keeping yours above his through healing. And if they keep stunning you and you can't heal then heal during fetters of justice. 

- eq with astral = abyss zealots scarlet mantle has 16 astral but it also has a magic attack bonus as well (their is no paladin cloak yet), Abyss zealots garnet signet has 16 astral OR Abyss zealots chased ring has block and regen, astral whirlpool medallion has 18 astral. Keeping astral gear always equipped is a the way to go. Now if aura is at 5 and you are all top astral gear including astral crystal your heal will be 487. Aura at 1 with same gear your heal will be 437. As you can see aura is only truly beneficial when you are hunting in a party and supporting a healer. So pls don't go aura 5, my opinion. Fetters will save you and your partner every time. Fetters is the most powerful stun skill that firstborn and chosen have, and it turns the tides.

- Set armor or mix =  You would want to go 2 pieces divine (not scale armor) and 2 pieces heroic (1 of the 2 heroic pieces should be the [hauberk of heroic endurance]). This combination will give the 463 divine def bonus and the heroic hauberk 2.5% block. *note: without full heroic endurance set you cant unlock the 21 life regeneration. But without full heroic set you can still get 170 regeneration easy. Regen in cloak and amulet, regen on heroic shield and regen from the 2x chased rings will give 170. Mix it up some.

- enchant shield = well I see you are talking about sd mace but not about heroic endurance shield. Heroic endurance shield has a set bonus of 21 regen already, but you can play with it, regen, def, blk, are all good. I choose def because heroic shield already has regen. Sometimes I switch it up though.

- enchant from set = cloak, amulet, boots and belt go critical crystal because Your critical heals will freak out your opponents and keep you alive  :) . Of course accuracy is important too but i'm suggesting critical not for critical attacking but for critical healing, also critical heals don't require accuracy. Armor, belt and boots go resilience runes (this is very crucial).

- Focus on in play / fights = I have to get back to you on this. This is a whole different subject in its own. Many detailed tactics for many situations, some I have been meaning to break down. For now I will say be prepared to be in many different roles every couple of seconds. Learn how to switch between knowing when to all out attack, tank, step on ranger traps depending on partner healing capabilities, stun the right person, stun at the right time, Lead rouges on dumb chases and stun them way the hell away from their partners  :) , love this one (can't see them but they are chasing you, shh don't tell anyone). Know how to heal your partners when its needed most, know which opponent stuns prevent skills and which ones don't so that you may heal your healer if its not too late. Most of all you will need a lot of experience and I mean a lot.

- purify / aura / heal = is a good skill build for hunting and being in a party, but not for arena. Arena is all about stun and kill, and every player focuses on their stun. Being a paladin in arena without a stun is a rouges favorite dessert. I showed you earlier about the buffing that aura 5 can do and it isn't that high, I think its about 50 added to healing. But ask anyone, fetters of justice plays a far more powerful role on the battle field compared to an added 50 to healing. I go purify 5 / heal 5 / and fetters of justice 5. Some info about fetters of justice: Damage is reduced, cant use skills, catches rouges, increases your attack power if you use purify during the fetters duration. Go fetters

For now this is all I can write to your questions. If you have any questions just ask, I will be happy to answer. Soon I will do some more posting here for the - Focus on in play / fights

Spot on gab, if i may add i still prefer astral crystal over attack mace crystal. 40 astral in comparison to i think 28 attack is very unbalanced. I find the astral outweighs the attack by FAR. I chose astral and never looked back. If your worried about dps then use a 2h weapon. No sense using a 1h mace and not stacking its best attribute. Imo i switch between mana regen and penetration rings depending on if i want to do higher damage. I find penetration to be a good substitute for not using attack crystal. Otherwise just amp your weapon +1 more and itl even out. Nothing beats 40 astral imo UNLESS the attack crystal gives 40 attack.... Which isnt the case

Very true about rogues in arena, i find paladin the most challenging class to use but also the most rewarding. Also your 100% right about going resil for chest belt boots. I switched my runes yesterday and saw a major improvement

very informative posts by sange, gabraunth and jswaaz  :good:

i just have the following ideas for the arena paladin

1)sd mace

for some reason i could not get my dodge high enough to be effective (less than 10% without enchants as i am still using noob gear), in this case i went with parry and astral crystal. i estimate that the 40 astral would give maybe 56 heal (not confirmed) and perhaps an extra 30 astral damage (10 per tick) with the foj/purify combo.

the 56 heal and 30 astral damage seems like a better deal like jswaaz said.

i am still trying to get the astral crystal to crit enchant but still unlucky. can anyone that successfully crit enchant share what the astral value is?

2)rings

i have to agree that the chased rings are a good alternative to the garnet rings.

3)shield

concerning this i would prefer the arena shield. this is because in my opinion the arena shield 2.5% resilience is more beneficial as compared to the heroic shield extra 0.1% block and 21/5s regeneration (10-11/5s effective during fight). block enchant is my choice as it works for all attack types compared to def enchant which may only work for physical.

4)set armor or mix

for this i would have the helmet and armor go heroic endurance set whilst the gloves and boots arena gears.

i have thought about using divine defence for the gloves and boots but when comparing with the arena gears, the arena gives 4%resilience whilst the divine defence give around 450+ def which also blocks around 4% damage making it about the same with the mentioned 4% resilience. However the resilience has the advantage of blocking all damage types whilst the 450+ def blocks only physical attacks if i am not mistaken.

as to why i would not go full arena for the helmet and armor is because the 4.5% resilience would take about 5000 damage (assuming no criticals) to reach the 239hp difference that the partial heroic set gives. in this case the 239hp may seem more useful and it still provides the 2.3% block from the armor but looses the 2.5% critical afforded by the arena armor.

with this combination, i would get around 15.7% resilience (resilience rune on belt, boots, armor) and using arena shield and belt.

5)skill build

i was originally thinking of using 5purify5heal3aura3foj.

but if adding 4 points to aura would only get an additional 50 heal (not tested yet), then i think going 5 foj would be the way to go for the arena set up.

correct me if wrong

thank you

barge

>admits he doesnt own a pala

>implies its the best advice hands down

>what a shame how ignorant you are, i was pretty close to giving advice from experience :(

You want to talk about ignorant? How about calling me a dumb ♥♥♥♥♥♥ in game when I didnt even say anything to you. How about ignoring me and continuing to talk shi.t after ignoring. I once said if you can't take the heat get out of the kitchen and your proving that your a grown ass man who obviously cant take the heat. Then you went on to say "I bet he posts pics on forums of me calling him a ♥♥♥♥♥♥" . You wish I gave you that much attention. Your like 24 years old with the mind of a 12 year old filipino. Grow the duck up and if your going to at least talk shi.t don't ignore the person your talking shi.t to that just proves how pussy and ignorant you really are. You called me ignorant in game and yet your the one saying "Hopzz is a dumb ♥♥♥♥♥♥" "Kfc in puma valley" who is the ignorant one there? You have no right to call anyone ignorant. Get a life. I certainly hope you dont die a virgin. Its a shame that you have to masturbate to your own troll costume instead of going out with real women.

Spot on gab, if i may add i still prefer astral crystal over attack mace crystal. 40 astral in comparison to i think 28 attack is very unbalanced. I find the astral outweighs the attack by FAR. I chose astral and never looked back. If your worried about dps then use a 2h weapon. No sense using a 1h mace and not stacking its best attribute.

At first I was also thinking this and I did it. I used an astral crystal on my sd mace (mace was +7) at the time. And yes every 13 seconds you get that extra added 40 to your heal. But then I really thought about it and it's something we usually don't pay attention to. 1 handed mace attacks every 2.4 seconds, so that's an added 32 to attack every 2.4 seconds. So I went with this idea "an extra added 32 att every 2.4 seconds is more beneficial than an added 40 to heal every 13 seconds. but let me just say that my defense is 5.5k and resilience is 9.4%. So maybe because of my def/res I don't need to rely so heavily on astral/healing, and I could have better balance with attack. So in a way I guess it comes down to your gear/amp/ and so on.

very informative posts by sange, gabraunth and jswaaz  :good:

i just have the following ideas for the arena paladin

1)sd mace

for some reason i could not get my dodge high enough to be effective (less than 10% without enchants as i am still using noob gear), in this case i went with parry and astral crystal. i estimate that the 40 astral would give maybe 56 heal (not confirmed) and perhaps an extra 30 astral damage (10 per tick) with the foj/purify combo.

the 56 heal and 30 astral damage seems like a better deal like jswaaz said.

i am still trying to get the astral crystal to crit enchant but still unlucky. can anyone that successfully crit enchant share what the astral value is?

2)rings

i have to agree that the chased rings are a good alternative to the garnet rings.

3)shield

concerning this i would prefer the arena shield. this is because in my opinion the arena shield 2.5% resilience is more beneficial as compared to the heroic shield extra 0.1% block and 21/5s regeneration (10-11/5s effective during fight). block enchant is my choice as it works for all attack types compared to def enchant which may only work for physical.

4)set armor or mix

for this i would have the helmet and armor go heroic endurance set whilst the gloves and boots arena gears.

i have thought about using divine defence for the gloves and boots but when comparing with the arena gears, the arena gives 4%resilience whilst the divine defence give around 450+ def which also blocks around 4% damage making it about the same with the mentioned 4% resilience. However the resilience has the advantage of blocking all damage types whilst the 450+ def blocks only physical attacks if i am not mistaken.

as to why i would not go full arena for the helmet and armor is because the 4.5% resilience would take about 5000 damage (assuming no criticals) to reach the 239hp difference that the partial heroic set gives. in this case the 239hp may seem more useful and it still provides the 2.3% block from the armor but looses the 2.5% critical afforded by the arena armor.

with this combination, i would get around 15.7% resilience (resilience rune on belt, boots, armor) and using arena shield and belt.

5)skill build

i was originally thinking of using 5purify5heal3aura3foj.

but if adding 4 points to aura would only get an additional 50 heal (not tested yet), then i think going 5 foj would be the way to go for the arena set up.

correct me if wrong

thank you

barge

Very correct. I also switch between the arena gears. Sometimes using more than just the divine/heroic has better out comes, especially when fighting rouges. I currently use res runes on divine boots/ armor and arena belt, giving 9.4% res. In my latest opinion I found that 9.4% res is about enough, but again it could be because of my def. But I would definitely take barges advice about the arena gears.

I was also thinking that arena shield may even be better than heroic because of the resilience bonus. I haven't tried using it yet. I should.

Im all about stacking certain stats, so for my pala i went heroic shield with 190 total health regen. Imo this being the only way id prefer heroic over arena shield, because in any other situation arena shield is better. Keep note paladins are special because they have the ability to stun and run ANY class,so if ur maxing health regen and heal while stun/purify/heal/run i find that better then having block.

i dont knw they say somthing is op if they cant kill it...

but op means overpowered if m right  :good:

That's really funny. So that's what it means.