chance to intercept/cancel stun skills

Bloodylipa

So I've been thinking about all classes "stun skills" and I find it weird not more stuns can be intercepted like hamstring for example that can be dodged, parried and block, canceling the entire effect of this skill. Same goes for DKs exhale of darkness. I'm just evaluating this logical seeing to skill performance/type and what logical could intercept it. This would also give shields a good upside in arena. Cause lets be honest, def scales to slow and can never match the incoming dmg from a equal amp weapon.

Ok, some skills doesn't have any logical interception, so if you have any idea for those, please post.

EDIT:

Thx for the positive feedback, now I've updated the suggestion alittle and specified an example for simple formulas for intercepting a stun skill, though it's basicly the same as avoid chances of regular hits in combat. Hope you like it and keep up the feedback.

Already in play - interceptions

Hamstring - dodge, parry, block

Exhale of darkness - dodge, parry, block

Suggestions - interceptions

Charge - block

*Only block can stop a charge since charge naturally can fail stun.

Gouge - dodge, parry, block.

*If rouge is stealth gouge can't be dodged, only parry or block.

Blind - block (cover your face behind your shield)

Quake - none

Nightmare - resist (psychological)

Fear - resist (psychological)

Circle - none

Roots - dodge (dodge the roots shooting up from the ground)

Trap - none

Scatter shot - dodge, block

Fetter of justice - none

Illusionary chains - none

Truth - resist (psychological)

Intercept chances formulas - skills

Parry chance = parry stat %

Block chance = block stat %

-1*( Atk accuracy - def dodge ) = dodge chance

Ex:

-1*( (11-19 ) = 8, Dodge chance 8%

*needs restriction so 0% is minimum. Otherwise the formula allows negative values.

PvP resist chance (psychological)

-1*( Atk crit - (def crit + def resilience)/3 ) = resist chance

Ex:

-1*( 23 - (25-18)/3 ) = 5.6, resist chance 5.6%

-1*( 23 - (21.6-11.1)/3 ) = -1.2, resist chance 0%

*again restriction at 0%.

EDIT

As you can see theirs not any good logical ways to intercept area effect skills or psychological effect skills. And I that would haft to be solved. I'm not saying all skills need to be interceptable, but atleast one skill should have a chance to be intercepted (even if it's only by one stat, it doesn't haft to be all 3 stats) if a class got 2 stuns. Anyone else feels like their should be a intercept chance on stuns? Would make it more interesting then first stun and highest weapon amp wins.

well, anything that can be blocked can also be dodged.

other than that, good suggestions.

about exhalation of darkness... if a boss resists it, the stun still works.

I think even if the normal attack is parried, dodged or blocked, the stun from exhalation should still work at least

Scatter shot - dodge, block (suggestion)

scatter fail sometimes, so i assume it can already be cancelled.

and also if blind can be blocked then fear should too. otherwise good suggestion  :good:

Charge can be blocked by shield users.

In my opinion CCs shouldn't fail or be dodged/blocked/parried by players, instead players have a chance to resist them.

And ofcourse, AoE and placed stuns such as trap shouldn't be resisted.

Blind is blocked cause you.can cover your face behind your shield. Fear is pure psychological, but I was thinking maybe psychological features should have a chance to be resisted by resilience stat. Like will power or sanity roll? Only problem is it might be unbalanced with so many chars maxing resilience as only def stat for arena. Thoughts?

Blind is blocked cause you.can cover your face behind your shield. Fear is pure psychological, but I was thinking maybe psychological features should have a chance to be resisted by resilience stat. Like will power or sanity roll? Only problem is it might be unbalanced with so many chars maxing resilience as only def stat for arena. Thoughts?

I think a psychological feature to resist a skill would be nice to have. Maybe like an added attribute like dodge, parry, block, but call it negate. And have a negate % added to gears.

And for other skills like chains, dark circle, fetters that can't be blocked, parried, or dodged there can be an attribute like deflect. With a deflect %. who knows, just my thoughts on this.

Yes cause shaman is soo weak (sarcasm). And this is for all classes. Why should only some classes skills be intercepted and not all? In my opinion a system like this would balance the advantage of range classes and make def features like block and parry a valuable priority, as the game is now its all about max dmg and first stun.

Maybe you should try a class that's not shaman or warlock for a change.

And it's not like this is going to cancel all stun skills, we are taking about a 5-10% chance on avrge depending on stats and gear of the target.

Not a bad idea.  In addition allow parry to work on all ranged attacks anyway.  Melees need a boost in general.  That would be a small help.

Sorry bloodylips, i see there are some unbalanced about what you suggested.

1. Gouge, the gouge is already worse skill that cause fail sometimes, if you play rogue you will know how it fails and suck, and you try to suggest gouge affected to block, dodge, parry? I dont agree. As i know playing mmorpg, there is many kind of stun and how it works, let me explaining it.

Sample clasification of skills

*Sleeping type: gouge, nighmare, artimistic

*Knocking type: blind, fear, scatter, chain

*Stuning type: circle, charge, exh. Of darkness

*Immobilizing type: hamstring, fetter, root, earth, trap

So with kind of skill type would be different effect to balance all class:

1. Sleeping type may affect to resist by x% depends on resist stat but Developers MUST change it should 100% work not to fail, like gouge still fail untill now.

2. Knocking type may affect to block and dodge by x%

3. Stunning type, you know warlock without stun will die in a sec, but ok it may affect to only block

4. immobilizing type, may affect to dodge, parry and block by x%

With clasification of skill type would be balanced, not to single skill you explained.

Sorry bloodylips, i see there are some unbalanced about what you suggested.

1. Gouge, the gouge is already worse skill that cause fail sometimes, if you play rogue you will know how it fails and suck, and you try to suggest gouge affected to block, dodge, parry? I dont agree. As i know playing mmorpg, there is many kind of stun and how it works, let me explaining it.

Sample clasification of skills

*Sleeping type: gouge, nighmare, artimistic

*Knocking type: blind, fear, scatter, chain

*Stuning type: circle, charge, exh. Of darkness

*Immobilizing type: hamstring, fetter, root, earth, trap

So with kind of skill type would be different effect to balance all class:

1. Sleeping type may affect to resist by x% depends on resist stat but Developers MUST change it should 100% work not to fail, like gouge still fail untill now.

2. Knocking type may affect to block and dodge by x%

3. Stunning type, you know warlock without stun will die in a sec, but ok it may affect to only block

4. immobilizing type, may affect to dodge, parry and block by x%ar

With clasification of skill type would be balanced, not to single skill you explained.

balinor either you trying to troll us or you did 0 homework before posting this :facepalm:

i won't say anything about your treat to gauge as shit,any rogue here can answer you,merc for exmable

1.arm isn't a sleeping skill,it doesn't stop moving or using skills,it just stop you from dmging the priest,actually it isn't a stun either,it is simply a one of a kind skill

2.chains are knocking skills now? you drunk! chains ONLY teleport enemy to place and locj him there for a time while he still can attack and use skills,while the others u mensioned makes enemy runs in random place unable to use any skill or do a shit

3. since when does threads do stun :facepalm: ? it only pull the enemy and lock him infront of dk where he was pulled for like 1-2sec and it doesn't stop skills or attack

4.since when is quack (xD) and trap immorblising skills? they ONLY stop moving,you still can use skills and attack

Yea i mean thread of darkness, sorry i don't play a Dk, sleeping doen't mean can't move, the only can't do anything to the priest, but maybe artimistic is kind of weakening type.

You never play some mmorpgs, all skills have same classification and separated by skill type. If you play popular mmo will find stat of armor like this:

Reduce sleeping duration by x%,

Sleeping resistance by x%. It means the amor has ability to reduce all sleeping skills type, in warspear sure already sleeping skill type like gouge and nightmares.

All this interceptions are stat based, to minimize the interception you can max your crit (resist) or acc (dodge), it's not a set number of interception, you have any chance to increase your side of the outcoming.

For parry and block, the game holds very little benefits for melee vs range, and def builds. A +10 shield gives you maybe 3-4% def resist, while a +10 2h weapon does 450-550dmg. Don't think a def build deserves more then 10% block (on regular hits and hamstring) and 3% def that doesn't even effect half of the classes ingame.

If 2 classes already fall under this type of interception, why not for all? Atleast none aoe skills.

One day, ranged classes will get more balanced to melee, if it's not until v5.0, I'm sure it will happen.

Haha funny! Gouge already got nerfed (decresed its duration) and you try to make gouge more fail with dodge, parry, block, lol funny funny... Instead of fail gouge there will be extra fail, i doubt all rogue will accept these suggestion, except elves.

Haha funny! Gouge already got nerfed (decresed its duration) and you try to make gouge more fail with dodge, parry, block, lol funny funny... Instead of fail gouge there will be extra fail, i doubt all rogue will accept these suggestion, except elves.

You don't seem to see the bigger picture here. All you care for is to keep op advantage on your classes. This suggestion affects almost every class.

When you whine about parry and block, I hope you do now that the average player right now have 1.5-4% parry so that's the kind of numbers we are talking about. Also only like 1/25 players that play a tank class currently use shields in arena.

I'm not making this suggestion to piss off rogues or warlocks or to benefit elves, I'm writing for devs as an open suggestion, they might get their own ideas from, how to do somethint similar they sseem fitting and balanced.

Nice suggestion bloody, i can say a exemple to psychological stuns, it can be avoid by wisdow, you can find a good formula do make it works  :drinks:

maybe when they add sub-classes, they will give each class or let each player choose a defensive skill (like a reaction ability) or unbuff skills, which would remove any debuffs or ailments  :clapping:

we can avoid shaman's earthquake by flying/floating in the air. dev should put flying ability on cupid and angels costume or create new equipment that make us flying lol O:-)