is illuminate awkward?

f4348357

Hello guys,as a pally player,i had study banner 4/4 and call1/4,and going to study third expert skill and level up one.

I found illuminate's dmg higher than call by comparing to other pally,and it shorter CD.It seems its pretty good dmg skill for mdmg pally but it describe it would taunt surround mobs,for what i think i may killed in dg and lab.

So pls tell me your feeling when use illuminate,should i level it up?i dont want level a skill couldn't use in some major situation.

And which suggested for fourth expert skill?

Thanks everyone!

Indeed, Illumination does aggro and at lvl 4 it's aggro effect becomes strong.

At least I know I've had some problems in Bg mythical dungeon when we had one paladin in there.

I healed warden, sometimes other playeres but always had to keep a third eye on paladin in case he decides to use illumination.

And when he did, the mobs could pretty much kill him in 6-12seconds, but he never died though, I reacted fast lol.

So to answer your question like I said, Illumination is an aggro skill but it does really good magic damage.

Edited by Fortuno

Depends on many factors.

Your defensive stats and life steal, damage, which dungeon, and if you do only PvE or you also do PvP a lot.

If you can afford to try it out, don't save up on spending your gold for an oblivion book. It's not only fun to experiment with some new skill builds, but also you can learn about your class first-hand. Especially that what could apply to one Paladin, might not apply for the other, because of different gears, stats, and playstyle.

For me, I don't find it worth it do deal a bit more damage for the risk of dying. If I wanna go for a max damage build, I'd go for levelling call instead, since stun chance increases, not only damage. I assume, I'd be fine with maxed Illumination, but I would rather have a higher chance to stun since I play more PvP than PvE from time to time.

So I'd say try it out for yourself, if you see yourself dying too much, then it's not for you.

• 2 months later...

this skill shouldn't attract mobs to Paladin when it uses it, because paladin is not a tanker nowadays. it's really unfair a such good skill like that being useless when you are in party in dg, bg, or anywhere you can't tank the mobs..  so there are players who don't like paladin in the party coz it has few attacks skills and always score less points in dg, bg or whatever..  that's the reason I wanna delete mine or sell or die

On 2/19/2020 at 7:34 PM, eduardo911 said:

this skill shouldn't attract mobs to Paladin when it uses it, because paladin is not a tanker nowadays. it's really unfair a such good skill like that being useless when you are in party in dg, bg, or anywhere you can't tank the mobs..  so there are players who don't like paladin in the party coz it has few attacks skills and always score less points in dg, bg or whatever..  that's the reason I wanna delete mine or sell or die

We're still talking about the Paladin, right? Because from the description you made, it kinda looked like we were stuck on 2015. Paladin has got a huge buff during these past 2 years, and Illumination deals very high dmg if maxed and with a good ammount of Magic Damage. 

Edited by Higgings
Typo

• 2 months later...

Just remove the aggro from the ilumination and we will have a good AOE dmg free to use anywhere everywhere :yay:

They should add another effect instead of aggro (another one that obviously helps us survive and doesn't put us at risk of dumb dying):true_story1:

8 hours ago, Kaesarz said:

Just remove the aggro from the ilumination and we will have a good AOE dmg free to use anywhere everywhere :yay:

They should add another effect instead of aggro (another one that obviously helps us survive and doesn't put us at risk of dumb dying):true_story1:

then you wont have aoe aggro and the aggro of pala will suck

On 5/5/2020 at 4:15 AM, lore said:

then you wont have aoe aggro and the aggro of pala will suck

Why pala need aggro?

Isn't there already a tank 1000 times better than pala?

"With a good defense you can tank."

Thats bullshit ...

Not all players are +10

No one here thinks about the f2p players

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/24/2019 at 11:27 PM, f4348357 said:

Hello guys,as a pally player,i had study banner 4/4 and call1/4,and going to study third expert skill and level up one.

I found illuminate's dmg higher than call by comparing to other pally,and it shorter CD.It seems its pretty good dmg skill for mdmg pally but it describe it would taunt surround mobs,for what i think i may killed in dg and lab.

So pls tell me your feeling when use illuminate,should i level it up?i dont want level a skill couldn't use in some major situation.

And which suggested for fourth expert skill?

Thanks everyone!

acho que iluminate, pra pala que n tem muita defesa é uma skill mais pvp, tipo ela n vai dar mais dmg que chamado, pq chamado ele ataca por segundo, no maximo o primeiro dano de iluminação pode ser maior que o primeiro de chamado; acho que uma build pvp boa com iluminação seria: grilhões 4/5 ou 5/5, purificar 4/5 ou 5/5, iluminação 4/4, starndat 4/4.