Bees Guide

Demonhyde

Okay everyone, I'm starting a guide on using bees. I'll be getting a book of oblivion to help me figure out the lower levels, but I was able to find out the formula for bees at level 5.

Level 2: Formula for level 2 bees is 0.0001x2 + 0.2449x + 20.9877

Level 5: The formula is a quadratic equation, being .0013x2+(.19)x+28.01. Results MAY vary from the graph(I just tested with 73 moon and it was off by a point), but not by much at all. Even at higher moon you should stay within a 3-5 point range.

I'll have the lower levels whenever I can get stupid mc on my account, but this is as best as I can start.

Edit: Okay guys just like on my lightning and bees forum, I just found out that the physical damage(basically level of your druid) also determines what your damage is...so for instance level 2 druid with 19 moon and lvl 1 bees does dot of 14, lvl 13 druid lvl 1 bees 19 moon does dot of 20...so yeah. Not as big of a difference as lightning, but it is a difference. So for higher levels, whatever you come out with in the equation is not the real number, your damage will actually be higher. (for lower levels it's opposite, your damage will be lower)

Genius  :shok: I really found this formula, cuz every level up skill, its not like take from percentage system. but by formula.

Okay everyone, I'm starting a guide on using bees. I'll be getting a book of oblivion to help me figure out the lower levels, but I was able to find out the formula for bees at level 5.

Level 5: The formula is a quadratic equation, being .0013x^2+(.19)x+28.01. Results MAY vary from the graph(I just tested with 73 moon and it was off by a point), but not by much at all. Even at higher moon you should stay within a 3-5 point range.

I'll have the lower levels whenever I can get stupid mc on my account, but this is as best as I can start.

omg hi Albert Einstein  ;D

Genius  :shok: I really found this formula, cuz every level up skill, its not like take from percentage system. but by formula.

Well not all skills are by percentages, but some are (like bees and bark for a druid), but for things such as lighting, dew, and bees (which can be increased by an addition in moon magic AND level, 2 seperate factors), the only thing that can tell you roughly what damage will be the outcome is a quadratic function.

juoppaja: thanks but I'm no Einstein :lol: I just recently have gone over the manipulations in formulas in school and found that this was probably the solution to how much damage you could produce.

Coolcat: Don't worry this isn't as near accurate as it could be. When my pve druid is higher and i can produce more variables, I will probably edit this to fix it and make it a bit more precise.

I'll probably post guides (when I get enough level) for the equations on the separate levels of lightning and healing dew. The druid community needs it, instead of just guessing at what could be done to improved these kinds of things. This post isn't completely finished yet either, mostly because I'm going to wait until I get to level 20 on here and buy a book of oblivion I'll start working all the variables for this. Just a heads up for upcoming posts by me.

Well not all skills are by percentages, but some are (like bees and bark for a druid), but for things such as lighting, dew, and bees (which can be increased by an addition in moon magic AND level, 2 seperate factors), the only thing that can tell you roughly what damage will be the outcome is a quadratic function.

juoppaja: thanks but I'm no Einstein :lol: I just recently have gone over the manipulations in formulas in school and found that this was probably the solution to how much damage you could produce.

Coolcat: Don't worry this isn't as near accurate as it could be. When my pve druid is higher and i can produce more variables, I will probably edit this to fix it and make it a bit more precise.

I'll probably post guides (when I get enough level) for the equations on the separate levels of lightning and healing dew. The druid community needs it, instead of just guessing at what could be done to improved these kinds of things. This post isn't completely finished yet either, mostly because I'm going to wait until I get to level 20 on here and buy a book of oblivion I'll start working all the variables for this. Just a heads up for upcoming posts by me.

Pm me ingame i could be testsubject( 375moon)atm :P

Pm me ingame i could be testsubject( 375moon)atm :P

The account that my bees druid is is on Emerald sweety, are you on Sapphire or Em? But btw if that's your moon, you should be doing 259 damage every for each dot hit on bees (so multiply by 4 and actually over the course of 8 seconds, you're doing 1,036 damage). That's a LOT, and could be VERY useful when farming lol. I'm intrigued though, what's your astral/heal at? It can't be at much if you spec on moon.

The account that my bees druid is is on Emerald sweety, are you on Sapphire or Em? But btw if that's your moon, you should be doing 259 damage every for each dot hit on bees (so multiply by 4 and actually over the course of 8 seconds, you're doing 1,036 damage). That's a LOT, and could be VERY useful when farming lol. I'm intrigued though, what's your astral/heal at? It can't be at much if you spec on moon.

heal 185 moon 375 pvp  ;)

If u dont believe go on "best druid of us" thread and look for my name  :shok: sry my arrogance :D

Let me guess; Scepter of SD +10 and moon enchant?

My 266 moon is with the lvl 17 arena staff +7 and astral enchant.

No SD scepter not good for pvp , i prefer resilence  ;D

Ok, little test :)

With 266 moon and bees lvl 2 on a panther it is 87 per dot.

With 173 moon and bees lvl 2 on a panther it is 64 per dot.

You need to test the bees on animals such as the mice or snakes with only 1 health, as they have no defense and give you the real damage produced. Higher level things (such as level 12? panthers) have defense and the attack numbers will vary.

Ok :)

266 moon lvl 2 bees on a chipmunk 93 per dot.

173 moon lvl 2 bees on a chipmunk 68 per dot.

ahhh! lol ok i need 1 more..try with like, 100 moon. In order to find the Quadratic Regression of specific points I need 3+ points; the more points I have, the more precise the equation is. If you could just get me 1 more variable, that would be awesome :)

310 moon lvl 4 bees 117 dmg on rat

Same, if you can get me 2 more variables (maybee 100 and 200 moon) I could find out the formula.

Thanks to everyone who's contributing and trying to make this a better bees guide :good: :clapping:

idk how u got on to calculating that formula and stuff. plus i think u r using some sort of translator to post these threads. I dnt actually make a lot out of your words.

Sorry i said that, bt had too  :unknw: :search:

If it was only that you know about bees then i am getting on to post an allout druid post tested on one of the oldest druids in USS... check it out soon

idk how u got on to calculating that formula and stuff. plus i think u r using some sort of translator to post these threads. I dnt actually make a lot out of your words.

Sorry i said that, bt had too  :unknw: :search:

If it was only that you know about bees then i am getting on to post an allout druid post tested on one of the oldest druids in USS... check it out soon

In order to calculate this formula, and because you have 2 variables (moon and skill level) you have to use a quadratic regression, which is found in any TI-84 calculator. This produces a parabola on the calculator, and you can enter what your moon is for x. So let's say I use my moon right now for my lower character, which is 88, we substitute for x, and also for the level 5 equation, because all of the equations for each level are different. 0.0003x2 + 0.3587x + 16.1096, so 0.0003(88)2 + 0.3587(88) + 16.1096 = 50. However, because I am higher level than now than when I posted these, the equation will be under what my real DoT is. My real = 52, so I was only 2 points off.

And no, I'm not using any translator. If you are actually from the British UK or anywhere in Europe, your English will be different from mine because I'm in America and there are 2 distinct dialects of English that seperate America from Europe.

Also, I look forward to seeing this all-out druid post. If you can successfully get all the information on bees, lightning, and heal then more power to you. I'm just trying to help the druid community, because nobody had yet to put up ANY real druid guides.

Aaahh! I get in now. thanks for explaination  ::) . +1 you for this  ;)

so you are saying that this equation will result in a parabola, right?

I have known that bees increase damage with level and also with moon. But parabola explains that bees damage will not improve with improving MOON at one point. Have you any calculation to approximate that max bees damage? because I have more to tell about bees apart from damage!!  ;D

i dont believe it they handicapped bees skill. i thought i would go check if the skill works like before. but it does not. it does not change enemies crit anymore.  :facepalm:

still see my post about background effects of bees.

Hahhh I just found an anomalous behavior to your formula sir  :tease: ;D

my druid has 299 max moon, lv2 bees, does 95 damage only. that okay as per your theory?

Hahhh I just found an anomalous behavior to your formula sir  :tease: ;D

my druid has 299 max moon, lv2 bees, does 95 damage only. that okay as per your theory?

gracious no, but i did only get 3 variables so this equation is not NEAR as precise as it should be. Let me add your input into the regression and see the outcome, thank you for that  :good:

Btw did you do this on a lvl 1 mob?

I tried doing the regression and I need you to give me what your bees damage is at 0 moon please  :blush:

for lv2 bees damage on lv1 mob:

298 moon--- 99 dmg

0 moon--- 22 dmg

245 moon--- 87 dmg

109 moon--- 45 dmg

that b enough i guess  :blush:

Edited, thanks  :good: ;D

Level 2: Formula for level 2 bees is 0.0001x2 + 0.2449x + 20.9877

Level 5: The formula is a quadratic equation, being .0013x2+(.19)x+28.01. Results MAY vary from the graph(I just tested with 73 moon and it was off by a point), but not by much at all. Even at higher moon you should stay within a 3-5 point range.

Edit: Okay guys just like on my lightning and bees forum, I just found out that the physical damage(basically level of your druid) also determines what your damage is...so for instance level 2 druid with 19 moon and lvl 1 bees does dot of 14, lvl 13 druid lvl 1 bees 19 moon does dot of 20...so yeah. Not as big of a difference as lightning, but it is a difference. So for higher levels, whatever you come out with in the equation is not the real number, your damage will actually be higher. (for lower levels it's opposite, your damage will be lower)

what good is knowing how to do a formula will not use it for anything, Bee Power is a waste of time to whoever it up until level 5 I think you did wrong.

what good is knowing how to do a formula will not use it for anything, Bee Power is a waste of time to whoever it up until level 5 I think you did wrong.

On the contrary, friend. Bees is a VERY useful skill for druids that farm bosses. It slows the enemy by a great percentage, and it's DoT adds up to a lot of damage. if you have a druid with 5 bees that does 250 dmg every hit, thats 1k damage. Thats not adding in whatever your actual damage is, AND lightning. Even PvP bees could be a very useful skill (especially when facing rogues). Hit with lvl 5 root (like 8 seconds), then hit with bees (another 8 sconds), and repeat. Rogue can't go stealth at all,  half that time they cant even use ANY skills because of root, and other half they're slowed. Before you make statements such as "bee power is a waste of time," think about how much you could do with the skill in accompaniment to other skills.

• 2 months later...