Experience from mobs

Demonhyde

Okay so I don't know if anybody has posted anything like this, but if anybody has then please redirect me to it and I will delete this post :)

I understand there are those like the experience system of getting exp. from  quests and having to do a certain amt. of quests to level. My suggestion is to increase the amount of experience to level up based on each level, keep the low experience you receive from the quests, and possibly allow 1-10 xp per mob monster you slay(depending on the level and whether it's blue, green, yellow, or red)? I do like the original idea from leveling from quests, but after a while it becomes repetitive when you have to kill so many mobs for a collection quests for what...like 10 xp from 12-18? I don't know. Comments and other ideas anybody?

this has already been suggested multiple times before and has been rejected every time.

if we could get xp from monsters each kill everyone would be lvl 20 in no time. That's why they added in daily quests, you'll have to work to lvl up, so i'll have to disagree with  the xp per mob system thingy :/

Well this is also why I suggested raising the exp. required to level up. Yes, it would be a bit easier instead of just doing quest after quest. However, the raised required exp. per level would balance this so it takes longer to level. Like level 1-2 is i think 8 exp? Maybe raise it to 50 instead, requiring new players to actually kill a decent amount of mobs and do a decent amt. of quests to level. This would also allow characters to get more familiar with your characters and understanding what each player might want to do with his/her character before spending all their skill points after 2 hours of playing and already level 6.

like the developments already sayed, NO. it will stay this way. cause if u get xp from mobs/boss then u make new acc n say:"plz let me one kill at eye... i give if any drop. after kill u gonna be 20lvl in 5' naahhh.... none is born a pro.. wanna be strong? work hard.

like the developments already sayed, NO. it will stay this way. cause if u get xp from mobs/boss then u make new acc n say:"plz let me one kill at eye... i give if any drop. after kill u gonna be 20lvl in 5' naahhh.... none is born a pro.. wanna be strong? work hard.

I never said I didn't want to work hard. I actually do very well, this was just a suggestion to the devs. Did you not read the part where I said only allow an xp gain of 1-10 based on level and mob type(meaning the highest level boss would be max of 10xp per kill)? This would prevent new players from gaining massive loads of exp, especially if it were based on like exp from 1 to 2 is 50, 2-3 is 80-100, and 3-4 lets say somewhere between 100-200. I know 12-13 takes what? 400 xp? this is by doing just quests. If my idea were to be set in, make the exp required for this level like...idk 1-1.5k? you'd get what you could out of quests, and then extra based on how many mobs you killed. Or if you were tired of the questline, you could just start farmings mobs. With what little xp you would make, it would be the equivalent of questing for the same amt. of time. You would still be working just as hard, but instead of doing these collection quests where you have to kill 60 mobs for 25-30 items and only 10xp, lets say these mobs are blues level 13. you'd get 2-3 xp per kill and then the xp gained from the quest. And then those that like to farm bosses at level 16-17 can also gain exp, because farming with the drop rate as low as it is gets u little to nothing.

Well this is also why I suggested raising the exp. required to level up. Yes, it would be a bit easier instead of just doing quest after quest. However, the raised required exp. per level would balance this so it takes longer to level. Like level 1-2 is i think 8 exp? Maybe raise it to 50 instead, requiring new players to actually kill a decent amount of mobs and do a decent amt. of quests to level. This would also allow characters to get more familiar with your characters and understanding what each player might want to do with his/her character before spending all their skill points after 2 hours of playing and already level 6.

No.

If they add this it will duck up the whole gameplay.

They'd have to change rewards of every quest and the difficulty, which would mean more time to wait.

And not only that, the game will lose it's uniqueness from quest xp only.

And if they did add this they might aswell remove daily quest cause I can tell that 99.9% of the people would be farming bosses near a group of mobs ( ex. Garr-shagg, kratt and all Labyrinth bosses ) for easy and fast experience.

No.

If they add this it will ♥♥♥♥ up the whole gameplay.

They'd have to change rewards of every quest and the difficulty, which would mean more time to wait.

And not only that, the game will lose it's uniqueness from quest xp only.

And if they did add this they might aswell remove daily quest cause I can tell that 99.9% of the people would be farming bosses near a group of mobs ( ex. Garr-shagg, kratt and all Labyrinth bosses ) for easy and fast experience.

Thank you Sange for being the only person thus far that has given a real example for a counter-argument. My highest level is 14, and I am unaware of all these bosses. This argument I can understand because you've given actual examples of what people might do to take advantage of this idea. Maybe a way to counter this (for atleast those under level 12) is restrict them from moving to Irslenort and gaining fast xp in an area you shouldn't be, and possibly having limit zones for individual islands like melendvil? (I'm elf side so I don't know MC islands) I don't know, I'm just shooting ideas to possibly improve gameplay. Maybe there's a reason most MMO's allow exp from mobs, it enhances gameplay. That's always what I've come to understand, being an ex player of Diablo and WoW. I'm not going to be on for quite a bit but feel free to provide more arguments and I can get back to anyone on this as soon as I can.  :good: :drinks:

Well I can say that this may be ok for the future, but from now on I'm gonna say no.

I played WoW and from my experiences killing monsters for xp wasn't even 0.3% of your xp at mid lvls and there's like 90 lvls there and you need millions of xp at the high lvls, 1 monster kill was only like 500.

But for now I think it's not really a good idea to add this, maybe in the future when we need to get 50k+ xp to lvl up or when camping for xp won't be that easy they could add this.

Sorry, can't really debate on this now, on an Arena spam on my DK. I'll just give my opinion.

well there multiple reasons why your suggesion work out

1) most the current daily quests are collect quest and you can finish them at once by buying them from mshop with mcoins and believe if you know the players i know, you would relize that devs will loss a greatoney source if adding mobs killong based Exp system

2) this game is cross-platform game therefore must of the players are playing from their phones as it was made for someone when he watch a boring play maybe or waiting at the car for thr damn women to finish shopping ^^ ..etc(the point is most players play this game in 40min sessions when they bored and wanna havefun except for the shopping one then time maybe hit the 4HR D: )

so it would be kill the game if the person spends his 40min killing mobs while doing quests is more fun for them :)

3) if this happens EVERY one will switch mages or locks due to their Aoe skills which allow them to kill massive amounts of mobs in few second while melea classes and none Aoe casters will have mutch difcullty lvling up though they have to kill mobs 1 by 1 while a shaman 1 quack can kill 20 600HP mobs of lucky :wacko:

4) and its properly the most important reason this game says "Farm protected" focus on the protected part you know what it means???

it means the EXp system and lvl up is prptected from Pots,cheat engines,..etc so NO ONE can let his char lvl up and gain Exp if no one was on the device . if u played games like Runescape you would see that the mobs based exp system killed this games with 99% of players are bots for lvl up while in warspear you always able to comunicate and talk to players cuz u rarely see a guy AFK or something

in general the current system kind of boring but it will be a hell of more boring if 99% of players use POTs to lvlup and Aoe casters were able to reach high lvls in 5min :crazy:

yes i read the full suggestion. and like sange easily explained people farm bosses for long time. (days in the past) hours now... and with your idea its gonna be a lvlup marathon.

and wow.. i agree with lordiyasir.

ps. dont worry there many players at your level that stucked and cant levelup. its a reason developments added swamps. easy xp (and if u lucky items) in no time.

Radiant falcon is right, the while reason they even started this quest system is so people can't use bots.

Imagine ever single thing you need to kill for quest is being damned by a fat ass bot. Plus if you need help on boss quest who will you ask? Everyone or anyone useful will be a bot

Thank you all for posting counter-arguments. I do love a fresh debate :) Ok as for the counter-argument topics

1. The questline- Radiant Falcon, you are right with the fact that most of the game players are playing from their mobile devices. I didn't say, though, to completely diminish the questline. I myself enjoy the questline, but it gets a little ongoing and boring if you're like me and take more time than 40m per session. I'm an avid gamer and like to get to know the depths of the game, how to manipulate things with my character, etc.

2. Switch to easy AoE characters- Radiant this is also a good counter - but maybe if the game devs were to add an AoE to druid or perhaps increase the percentages on elf skills, it would balance all this out? I'm still a new-ish player, but even still this does seem like it would even out some odds between the characters. I know I have a hard time in Arena and pvp only because of the rogues invisibility skill. Them little suckers are hard to put roots on.

3. The leveling "marathon"- Yes it would seem like everybody's in a haste for experience, but that's why I mentioned raising exp req. I don't know what all the xp requirements are, per level, above 14, but if devs were to raise them by maybe 250% if they were to add xp from mobs, this would also balance out.

4. Bots- this one I am afraid I am stuck on. I HAVE played runescape, and I do understand most people like to cheat. In ANY game people like to cheat. I do know I have already seen some bots though on WarSpear, and they're programmed to either farm bosses (whether it be first island or on irslenort), or farm mobs and sell quest items(like wolves fangs or satyr horns). I don't have a good counter-argument for this topic, so for this one I am at defeat.

5. The Dev money source- from my readings on this forum website and personal experience, I know devs are already getting quite a bit of money from those who buy novice outfits or amps or signs and whatnot. Taking away the quest items would not affect people as much as you'd think (in my perspective atleast). Then again I am also one of those that doesn't use MC a whole lot if at all.

Remember everyone these are just suggestions that I would think enhance the gameplay, and I am by no means trying to offend you if you are an older player and are used to how the game originally is.

a correction. there are no bots on this game. but there are people they play like bots. (no talk cause they may miss the first hit or ditnt manage to get pickup first) +there are players they think they so pro they dont waste their time talking with others.

a correction. there are no bots on this game. but there are people they play like bots. (no talk cause they may miss the first hit or ditnt manage to get pickup first) +there are players they think they so pro they dont waste their time talking with others.

Thank you for clarifying this. As I said before, I am still new-ish to the game and don't fully know how people like to work within it.

here is an example (u may not get it yet but after u level u understand.) me,(a 20lvl paladin) and a friend (20lvl druid) desided to go hunt herald just the two of us see if we can make it. we survived the way(was actually easy), we killed the boss (damn that was realy hard) and then we got back to base to get another random person for an easy kill. so we ask a 20lvl bladedancer that dit nothing. we told him what we dit, and how we will if he joins. then he answered: "this party? sorry i have to finish kotaravva" and left...you gonna see many of those "pros" in game... sadly too many.

here is an example (u may not get it yet but after u level u understand.) me,(a 20lvl paladin) and a friend (20lvl druid) desided to go hunt herald just the two of us see if we can make it. we survived the way(was actually easy), we killed the boss (damn that was realy hard) and then we got back to base to get another random person for an easy kill. so we ask a 20lvl bladedancer that dit nothing. we told him what we dit, and how we will if he joins. then he answered: "this party? sorry i have to finish kotaravva" and left...you gonna see many of those "pros" in game... sadly too many.

Ah see I understand. No, I may not know that boss, but I can understand the mechanics behind your example. There are those that think they're "superior" above everybody else in the game, therefore they don't talk to the "underdogs" of the game. So this makes them looks like bots.  :facepalm:  I understand, thank you for making that clearer for me