Reforming Warlock

Deimus

I was thinking that this class should have a new basic skill for that to happen i propose that Pool of Darkness should me merge with Dark Circle. This merge will allow the warlock to compete long side others classes but now how it is isn't very reliable on pve or either pvp. The "life sucking" skill is very weak so it need to be buff, the reason is that the player that use the warlock class need to spend a lot of game cash on life potions just to keep playing. About the new skill that i was "talking" earlier i was thinking in the earth shield skill but weaker like on the 5/5 it reduce the damage taken by 45 or even by 40% just to keep the game fair enough.  

3 hours ago, Deimus said:

I was thinking that this class should have a new basic skill for that to happen i propose that Pool of Darkness should me merge with Dark Circle. This merge will allow the warlock to compete long side others classes but now how it is isn't very reliable on pve or either pvp. The "life sucking" skill is very weak so it need to be buff, the reason is that the player that use the warlock class need to spend a lot of game cash on life potions just to keep playing. About the new skill that i was "talking" earlier i was thinking in the earth shield skill but weaker like on the 5/5 it reduce the damage taken by 45 or even by 40% just to keep the game fair enough.  

hmmm where do i start

warlock pool of darkness has many uses, some of them are like revealing invisible and removing defensive buffs like barbarian stone skin, and later on can be combined with Fading to stun enemy's, its damage is underwhelming i can agree on that but the skill make up with other things.

why do you need to spend cash on life potions? in PvP you can't even use them, and in PvE you are not supposed to tank or take damage, that's the tank job

you are talking about warlock lacking survivability,, yet you forgot to remember that locks are damagers/crowed control classes, they are not meant to tank damage

heck, tank would be considered lucky if they get a basic skill that block 40% of damage let alone warlock getting one?, reducing your skill idea to 40% was in no way fair! -.-

warlock got stone body, stuns, fear and well running to protect them self's

On the tanky part I disagree as well; 40% of damage ignored is a lot for a Caster Class. If you want a stun/tank class get a charmer: it's even easier this way. 

Edited by Higgings

OK!! I understand that the tank part is too much but the merge of Pool and Circle is a good idea stop the other player and doing mdmg at the same time. Don't tell that this idea isn't good!!

This will never will happen because the devs always nerf the mc and buff elfs.

The post was just my opinion on how the class should be buffed.

1 hour ago, Deimus said:

OK!! I understand that the tank part is too much but the merge of Pool and Circle is a good idea stop the other player and doing mdmg at the same time. Don't tell that this idea isn't good!!

This will never will happen because the devs always nerf the mc and buff elfs.

The post was just my opinion on how the class should be buffed.

this is stupid. DEVS do not favor one side more then the other.... Locks are good as they are... awesome pvp class. pure power. i could see a merger of the two skils and a new basic coming out but thats never happened and probably wont. all classes have there strengths maybe examine your set up with skills armor and amp and see if thats the problem :head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

10 hours ago, Turtle said:

this is stupid. DEVS do not favor one side more then the other.... Locks are good as they are... awesome pvp class. pure power. i could see a merger of the two skils and a new basic coming out but thats never happened and probably wont. all classes have there strengths maybe examine your set up with skills armor and amp and see if thats the problem :head-crazy-rabbit-emoticon:

Are u sure that devs don't favor elfs?? Evidence 1 they reduce the spawn of dog of charmer and they add a minion skill to the Druid. Evidence 2 they increase the dmg of the seeker and the warden resistance to dmg and control skills.

Ideas are always well accepted, but please don't turn this topic into a "Buff mcs and Nerf elves plsssss" 

Thank you. 

7 hours ago, Deimus said:

Are u sure that devs don't favor elfs?? Evidence 1 they reduce the spawn of dog of charmer and they add a minion skill to the Druid. Evidence 2 they increase the dmg of the seeker and the warden resistance to dmg and control skills.

Im 100% Sure. Charmers most broken class ingame if used correctly fact they nerfed the dog is good my lv6 charmer can kill lv20s. Druid and Charmer can be beat easy with Dodge/Resist set. I make multiple sets for different pvps. theres also always the choice not to go PVP orientated and With max Relaxation and High level Dark Ball Locks can out damage a mage when focusing on a single target quiet easily and have great pvp/war stuns. If you want me to check out your set up so i can tell you where your going wrong i will. just ask but dont try to turn it into legion is under powered. I think the fact theres less legion players atleast on my server is based off the few toxic people we have there.

On 10/25/2019 at 8:51 PM, Turtle said:

Im 100% Sure. Charmers most broken class ingame if used correctly fact they nerfed the dog is good my lv6 charmer can kill lv20s. Druid and Charmer can be beat easy with Dodge/Resist set. I make multiple sets for different pvps. theres also always the choice not to go PVP orientated and With max Relaxation and High level Dark Ball Locks can out damage a mage when focusing on a single target quiet easily and have great pvp/war stuns. If you want me to check out your set up so i can tell you where your going wrong i will. just ask but dont try to turn it into legion is under powered. I think the fact theres less legion players atleast on my server is based off the few toxic people we have there.

If you mean on eu server the toxic one are on elf side bcs they log on mc for grow some drama

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 1/22/2020 at 3:23 PM, crnoss said:

İ didnt play much at MC Side but warlock class awkward class for damager.Why they gave many control skills. İ can say damager for mage but warlock idk.

attualy the warlock is underrated, grimoire (expert) at 4/4 level of developement decrease enemy's deffence by 75% by an good time wich at an high lvl allows to make all the party way more dmg out of the warlock it selfs and remember that darkball deals massive damage at maximun energy and rexalation increase critical dmg and the dmg by an quite well amount, the ability to block waves of enemys can garant an speed up on doing the dg since it can block the enemys wich are attacking the tank, allowing to moove faster and if them does resist it will trigger the relic, same for the dmg pool, and at the same time theres the chance to apply the relic on each enemy it affects, othercase dark seal can decrease healing recived by 85% at the maximun level of developement, wich is very handy aiganist bosses or monsters with healing skills (as example the paladin's prayer skill used by the death bringers protecting the dragosaurus and it should work also on the dragosaurus' protecting skill wich decrease damage recived by 90% and at the effect's end it will heal an certain amount of hp based on the dmg recived.

so it is good on his work the theres almost no place where it can do his tricks in the base game (no event), till to seatramp's lair on the normal and hard difficulty the was no use of the healing skills, the gain of hp of the kadriza's minions gained by thier buff is health regeneration, as for grimoire only at the flying islands (fourth section of avyondill) can be effective on the bosses since most of them posses high deffence (exception for the aracnatrons) and out of it only the raidboss Kronus posses high deffence (not that black elm is out of if because, yes it has alot of deffence and probaly also resilience, but it CANNOT be affected by ANY effect), before it the levelof deffence stands in maximun 25% of damage assorb, the combo of dark orb is useless on most bosses until them starts to use skills and becomes usefull only with some bosses wich posses less regeneration than the warlock's ability to eleminate energy (maximun of 35%) or its required multiple warlocks and out of it there are the charmers able to STEAL up to 50% of energy and its way more efficient since:

• it steals energy as i said before
  • it can be used for and full cd charmer build with the ability to spam while draining the enemys enrgy and blocking them of  using skills 
  • use hp instead of energy so can be spammed with full cd wich is faster than the wl's energy drain

the issue in pve at the end its the game world