The fight against scammers.

Blueborn

As most are aware there is many people out there who take advantage of others players. Here in this topic i would like to sum up all current and future suggestions that could possibly help prevent future incidents.

Trading, Selling, buying and sharing accounts:

Before we start on this section, these actions are in fact against the rules ( end user license agreement ).

Mostly forum users are aware of this. But in the game, many are not aware and also not aware of the dangers of account trades.

Here i would like to place two suggestions that involve awareness:

• Provide weekly / monthly / daily mail to remind players of such key points in the EULA.
  • Provide a link on the start menu of the game that opens an in game window that provides all information of the games terms and conditions.Why an in game window you may ask? Because people are more likely to open an inside sourced window, rather than an outside source such as an internet browser.
Extended idea:

It seems to me that account trading will always be around, so i thought why not just make it safer to do so. So i came up with this idea:

Have a miracle shop item that one can buy, and upon use it loads the character currently in use onto this item along with all information ( lvl, stats, class ect ), and upon re-activation this item will load the character upon the account currently being used.

This will also be handy for those wishing to move their own characters to and from their own two accounts.

Slot trade scams:

Many scams are done by purposefully exceeding trade slot limitations. A Potential scammer may ask for a certain amount of items that exceed the available slot limits for a single item ( doom weapon would be a possible example ).

Now many know that gold is the safest way to purchase items, But many also try to trade signs ect.

Here i would like to place two suggestions that have been brought up many times:

• Extend the trade slots.
And / Or

• Increase the stack limit on each slot.
Server to server and faction to faction trading:

Just as account trading, there is no safe way to do this. Yet some people still do it and it isnt safe at all.

Here i would like to place a very debatable suggestion.

• Install a shared chest or something alike that all characters in one users account can access.
I Hope people can add to this and support these old idea's. I Just felt that i need to contribute and place these important issues and idea's into one major topic for all to support.

While you are here viewing this topic, feel free to visit this topic for scam prevention: Guide and advice to prevent you from being scammed.

I agree with this. Developers should put EULA rules in a better place where all people can see them more often (currently EULA rules can be only read'd once when making a new account).

My suggestion is add to Menu -> Settings and log off -> Contact -> RULES

Maybe they won't be seen by many players but atleast we can check them whenever we want

Great idea

most ppl was ignoring EULA cuz most ppl seldom to open warspear website or forum. Place eula in game,

Best suggests like eveytime,blue.

Thanks for posting.

I think there are many players in game who do it knowingly and unknowingly aswell.It will aware those unknown people.

and it will really help people  to avoid unwanted scams in future.

• 5 weeks later...

As most are aware there is many people out there who take advantage of others players. Here in this topic i would like to sum up all current and future suggestions that could possibly help prevent future incidents.

Before we start on this section, these actions are in fact against the rules ( end user license agreement ).

Mostly forum users are aware of this. But in the game, many are not aware and also not aware of the dangers of account trades.

Here i would like to place two suggestions that involve awareness:

• Provide weekly / monthly / daily mail to remind players of such key points in the EULA.
  • Provide a link on the start menu of the game that opens an in game window that provides all information of the games terms and conditions.Why an in game window you may ask? Because people are more likely to open an inside sourced window, rather than an outside source such as an internet browser.
Slot trade scams:

Many scams are done by purposefully exceeding trade slot limitations. A Potential scammer may ask for a certain amount of items that exceed the available slot limits for a single item ( doom weapon would be a possible example ).

Now many know that gold is the safest way to purchase items, But many also try to trade signs ect.

Here i would like to place two suggestions that have been brought up many times:

• Extend the trade slots.
And / Or

• Increase the stack limit on each slot.
Server to server and faction to faction trading:

Just as account trading, there is no safe way to do this. Yet some people still do it and it isnt safe at all.

Here i would like to place a very debatable suggestion.

• Install a shared chest or something alike that all characters in one users account can access.
I Hope people can add to this and support these old idea's. I Just felt that i need to contribute and place these important issues and idea's into one major topic for all to support.

While you are here viewing this topic, feel free to visit this topic for scam prevention: Guide and advice to prevent you from being scammed.

I believe I also try to suggest the extension of trade slots.......

But anyway we are both in same path, this is to destroy the scammers! :diablo:

An extended idea for this.

Extended idea:

It seems to me that account trading will always be around, so i thought why not just make it safer to do so. So i came up with this idea:

Have a miracle shop item that one can buy, and upon use it loads the character currently in use onto this item along with all information ( lvl, stats, class ect ), and upon re-activation this item will load the character upon the account currently being used.

This will also be handy for those wishing to move their own characters to and from their own two accounts.

• 11 months later...

what do you think of doing a poll? we can see how many members of the forum have the same vested interest in increasing the limit of stacks and those that are not for sure are scammers.with a lot of votes, maybe the developers do something about, after all it is an improvement in the game they do not lose anything given such a request, which in my opinion already have to have been done,and if that does not work we will make  that spam vote on each topic of the forum up to have our request granted. THAT EVEN LET'S GO MAKE A REBELLION!!!!!!

what if a scammer repents(me),should he be forgiven,pls say yes,im sorry for scamming nd im hardworking to pay the money back

definitelly NO

what do you think of doing a poll? we can see how many members of the forum have the same vested interest in increasing the limit of stacks and those that are not for sure are scammers.with a lot of votes, maybe the developers do something about, after all it is an improvement in the game they do not lose anything given such a request, which in my opinion already have to have been done,and if that does not work we will make  that spam vote on each topic of the forum up to have our request granted. THAT EVEN LET'S GO MAKE A REBELLION!!!!!!

I want to see this rebellion  :lol:

anyway slots could be exteneded but devs have shown already that they won't make any improvements into the game.

definitelly NO

I want to see this rebellion  :lol:

anyway slots could be exteneded but devs have shown already that they won't make any improvements into the game.

let's try and see the response from developers.I hope that administrators support us.

I raised the topic with the vote going to see is going to work.

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=102975.0

No use spamming the idea. Developers are quite aware of the issue, just support the current topics mate.

Best way to avoid getting scammed: don't be a dumbass

In fact it's full definition. Mostly, people are scamed because of one reason: they want to earn gold/miracle coins for free, and when someone came and say "hey I will give you 1000 mc, just give me password" they give it. So you need to be dumbass to accept that offert.  :lol:

You would be surprised at the amount of people who are devoid of common sense.

So you are forcing people to not be same as my character ? :P Jk

Btw nice ideas here, but yet scamming isnt against EULA if it doesnt contain any account information exchange... :/

So you are forcing people to not be same as my character ? :P Jk

Btw nice ideas here, but yet scamming isnt against EULA if it doesnt contain any account information exchange... :/

Or trading in-game items for outside payment.

Just because it is not stated in the eula or conduct, does not mean that it should be encouraged.

• 5 months later...

Or trading in-game items for outside payment.

Just because it is not stated in the eula or conduct, does not mean that it should be encouraged.

I'm with  bro! :drinks:

-Click and check items and prices everytime while exchange (even with your best friend).

-Avoid advance payment.Example-you're buying 10 set signs then just pay for 5 sets in first exchange and for other 5 in 2nd.

-Dont believe any free mcoin website(even confirm the website which are given by Devs)

-Never ever ever sell or trade chars even dont share your ids n pass.

-5th And most important - Use Your Brain

5 simple conditions then i bet you'll never get scammed! :)