[2019.10.04] Competition of stories "Secrets of horror"

unknown1200x630.png

Dear friends!

We're glad to announce the start of a new contest, dedicated to the upcoming event celebrating the Median Night, that is coming to Arinar soon!

Not long ago, we were visited by our old friend Barker. He said that the Median Night is near, but alongside the grace of this autumn celebration, he also brought some bad news. Minions of the Horror Circus have started their preparations for the holiday. All was going well, until in one too quiet day, the clouds were torn with thunder and the skies darkened. A resounding human-like laugh boomed and only a few words could be made out -- "Sam Hain... I am coming for you!". An unbelievable evil came either from the world of the living or the world of the dead. And this time the brave defenders of Arinar are to defeat an undescribably powerful foe and not let him shroud the rest of the world in darkness. But who can it be? Barker has come to ask your help. Assist him in unveiling this mystery and expose the villain that is just about to invade Arinar!

Conditions of the contest:

Your goal is fantasize about the main villain of the Median Night holiday and describe its story. Who is that? How and why have it appeared in Arinar? What should Sam Hain be afraid of and why is the celebration under threat again? You will need to write a coherent story, using literary features (similes, metaphors, epithets and so on). Your story must contain a plot, closely related to the Horror Circus.

The following criteria will be taken into account:

• Description of the main villain (their appearance, abilities and so on)
  • Description of the story in Arinar (the purpose of arriving to the Horror Circus)
  • Descriptions of minions, assistants and servants wouldn't hurt either.

Rules for writing your story:

Try to fit your story into 5000-6000 symbols. Fewer is okay, more isn't recommended. But if you're feeling particularly inspired and want to write more - be our guest.

Prohibited content:

1) Obscene words and phrases, even in veiled form

2) Political or nationalistic themes

3) Descriptions of sexual actions

4) Insults of non-fictional characters (players, other people)

Remember: 1 player - 1 story!

Submissions breaking any of these rules will be disqualified from the contest.

How to participate in the contest?

To take part in the contest, post your story in the special topic here on forum by 24th of October. Your post should also contain the name and server of your character, to redeem your prize if you win.

Rewards for the winners:

For the authors of the most beautiful and interesting stories, Barker prepared some wonderful gifts:

1st place - 50 Seeker's Stamina Elixirs

2nd place - 40 Seeker's Stamina Elixirs

3rd place - 30 Seeker's Stamina Elixirs

4th place - 20 Seeker's Stamina Elixirs

5th place - 10 Seeker's Stamina Elixirs

Additionally, for the author that gets the closest to describing the main villain, their goals, appearance, minions and servants, we've prepared an additional reward - the villain's own costume

We wish you good luck and inspiration!

AIGRIND

Edited by Akasha

1 hour ago, Chazanm said:

Chazamn: EU Esmeralda: Montain clã: MC

Oi, por favor submeta a sua histótia aqui, criando um novo tópico com o nome da sua história https://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?/forum/240-competition-of-stories-secrets-of-horror/

I will not mention any topics here, but you guys should read this:

Really..I mean, since the winner will receive its boss costume, how do you imagine this working for you who copied that awesome wallpaper from internet? What about copyrights? Or poorly attempting to "pixelate" that huge image in a 34x45? Nothing wrong with getting a concept from the internet, if you can't do it by yourself, but let's use some common sense too. 🙏 Thank you!

On 10/15/2019 at 1:47 PM, Akasha said:

I will not mention any topics here, but you guys should read this:

Really..I mean, since the winner will receive its boss costume, how do you imagine this working for you who copied that awesome wallpaper from internet? What about copyrights? Or poorly attempting to "pixelate" that huge image in a 34x45? Nothing wrong with getting a concept from the internet, if you can't do it by yourself, but let's use some common sense too. 🙏 Thank you!

I believe the originality of the work shall be kept also for this specific reason. 

14 hours ago, Zoraida said:

do we already have any expectations of when the event will be?

I am very looking forward to accumulating GP for my guild :diablo:

before you know it!

14 hours ago, Higgings said:

I believe the originality of the work shall be kept also for this specific reason. 

I might have expressed myself poorly before, the costume won't be made from the images at all. It should have a description of his/her appearance in the story itself, yet people fill their topics with those unrealistic images of the boss. We will judge the story and the story only, images are fairly irrelevant in this contest. 

30 minutes ago, Akasha said:

We will judge the story and the story only, images are fairly irrelevant in this contest. 

May that be clear to everyone. 

On 21/10/2019 at 05:48, Akasha said:

antes que você perceba!

Akasha, quero sua atenção 😂 
Quando as obras serão avaliadas?? Já existe alguma data definitiva?

Teremos alguma postagem sobre os drops, mini eventos, bosses etc....?

P.S.- Gostaria de sua opinião a respeito da minha obra!! (Belenus, A Inquisidora Corrompida);
      -  Inclui uma frase do meu autor preferido, não tem problema, certo? 

:bye:

3 hours ago, sagacia said:

resultados ?

Results wont be posted until the 31st they made a russian topic addressing it but not an english one let me copy and paste. 

unknown_1200x630.png

Friends!

We are finishing the reception of stories for the "Secrets of Horror" contest 

It's time to get inspired by the atmosphere of the upcoming holiday, so with great pleasure and a mug of hot drink we will study your work and in hot debates choose the best of them. 

We will announce the winners over the next week until 10/31/2019.

Thanks to all participants for the work done and see you soon!
AIGRIND

2 hours ago, Turtle said:

Os resultados não serão publicados até o dia 31. Eles criaram um tópico em russo, mas não o inglês, deixe-me copiar e colar. 

unknown_1200x630.png

Amigos!

Estamos finalizando a recepção de histórias para  o concurso "Segredos do Horror" 

É hora de se inspirar na atmosfera do próximo feriado, portanto, com muito prazer e uma caneca de bebida quente, estudaremos seu trabalho e, em debates quentes, escolheremos o melhor deles. 

Anunciaremos os vencedores na próxima semana até  31/10/2019.

Obrigado a todos os participantes pelo trabalho realizado e até breve!
AIGRIND

obrigado

2 hours ago, Gapamaiqui said:

Eles devem falar um pouco sobre uma faixa do evento à meia-noite, muitos de nós esperamos pelo evento, mas não nos dizem nada ou uma pista

o evento ainda não foi criado, eles tao criando agora, com a história escolhida

28 minutes ago, spek_kam_px said:

Jesus, devs have entire moderator team and they dont have imagination?

You guys out of ideas or what

The contest speaks of "Guess the Theme of this year" and not "Give us a theme cause we're out of ideas".

2 hours ago, Higgings said:

The contest speaks of "Guess the Theme of this year" and not "Give us a theme cause we're out of ideas".

doubtful... next year theyll copy the ideas. did that with the boss costumes event.

2 hours ago, Higgings said:

I understand, its like china, u cant say negative stuff here, u can read for urself n dont say anything at all

22 minutes ago, spek_kam_px said:

I understand, its like china, u cant say negative stuff here, u can read for urself n dont say anything at all

use to not be like that. as soon as they went after Jswaaz and banned him it destroyed forum and the fun of it.now just here for info.

45 minutes ago, Turtle said:

doubtful... next year theyll copy the ideas. did that with the boss costumes event.

Exactly, even if it will be, where is the problem with that? Almost every kind of Game Company hears and decides about the suggestions given by players, where's the problem if AIGRIND does it as well?

28 minutes ago, spek_kam_px said:

There are even higher rules than forum ones that grant the freedom of speech to people, and I, a no one, won't be the one who will stop you from that. 

If negative stuff, as you call them, are supported by good and valid basis, then it's called "Criticism", and it's exactly the whole point of starting a Conversation and discussing about it. 

1 minute ago, Higgings said:

Exactly, even if it will be, where is the problem with that? Almost every kind of Game Company hears and decides about the suggestions given by players, where's the problem if AIGRIND does it as well?

There are even higher rules than forum ones that grant the freedom of speech to people, and I, a no one, won't be the one who will stop you from that. 

not really a problem, if there gona steal someone elses idea and artwork etc legit everything and barely put any work into it should be a speedy update then and credit should be given. not denied. Also your right but many moderators will. Livi and Julie use to notch people down for cussing (Where my warning points came from).

9 minutes ago, Turtle said:

not really a problem, if there gona steal someone elses idea and artwork etc legit everything and barely put any work into it should be a speedy update then and credit should be given.

This is wrong. In some of the updates appeared this year devs added some suits from some of the precedent contests about suits. The suit taken and put into the game was also gifted to the one who invented it. 

Livi and Julie use to notch people down for cussing (Where my warning points came from).

The warning points you are talking about were given fairly due to violations of Community Rules; they also wrote the reason of why such measure was taken; I am pretty much able to say that the measures were not taken just to notch (you at least and in your case) down. 

Edited by Higgings
Typo

8 minutes ago, Higgings said:

This is wrong. In some of the updates appeared this year devs added some suits from some of the precedent contests about suits. The suit taken and put into the game was also gifted to the one who invented it. 

The warning points you are talking about were given fairly due to violations of Community Rules; they also wrote the reason of why such measure was taken; I am pretty much able to say that the measures were not taken just to notch (you at least and in your case) down. 

they were given for cussing and speaking my mind. idk where your from but where im from thats not free speech :piggy:

they were given for cussing and speaking my mind. idk where your from but where im from thats not free speech :piggy:

It is, but unfortunately (or fortunately) when it comes to such things we have also to follow some rules that we agree to at the very beginning of the moment in which we create an account in forum (you know, that stuff EULA-Alike, that thing made of letters, numbers and commas long kilometers of pages and that no one in this forum has ever read aside maybe me - I admit, I needed to kill time - few more guys majority of which are mods/admins or devs who wrote them). In that case you are yes free to say whatever you have in your mind, but you have also to keep in mind that having a forum account means automatically having agreed to such rules thus breaking them lead to a word called "Consequences": this is what it happened to you, basically.

Secondly, let's be honest, if you consider those points unfairly given after, as you said, you let your mind speak freely then I fear that you are willingly mistaking the meaning of "freedom of speech", and that's very bad. 

3 minutes ago, Higgings said:

It is, but unfortunately (or fortunately) when it comes to such things we have also to follow some rules that we agree to at the very beginning of the moment in which we create an account in forum (you know, that stuff EULA-Alike, that thing made of letters, numbers and commas long kilometers of pages and that no one in this forum has ever read aside maybe me - I admit, I needed to kill time -  or devs who wrote them). In that case you are yes free to say whatever you have in your mind, but you have also to keep in mind that having a forum account means automatically having agreed to such rules thus breaking them lead to a word called "Consequences": this is what it happened to you, basically.

Secondly, let's be honest, if you consider those points unfairly given after, as you said, you let your mind speak freely then I fear that you are willingly mistaking the meaning of "freedom of speech", and that's very bad. 

Thats Completely fair but i dont think you realize what im talking about there was no rules pretty much when I made a forum account and had to accept no terms or disclose anything. Both those times I used curse words while defending myself from slander and was banned from posting cus it wasnt "Friendly".

Freedom of Speech - "the right to express any opinions without censorship or restraint."

Edited by Turtle

Thats Completely fair but i dont think you realize what im talking about there was no rules pretty much when I made a forum account and had to accept no terms or disclose anything. Both those times I used curse words while defending myself from slander and was banned from posting cus it wasnt "Friendly".

I believe they were written on the bottom of the page, back then, as "Community Rules"; to be precise, on the same location where now there are the links to "Contact us" and "Language". As I said, I didn't take much time to read carefully every single rule written there thus I didn't also pay attention to the location, but I'm kinda sure they were there. I won't lie, I don't remember the exact location back then, you may apologize me for this, but you might realize by yourself that defending yourself using curse words might be a bit excessive in a forum where also kids can see it even if there weren't accesible rules like there are now... (?) :tired2:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freedom_of_speech (there are some parts you may have not seen or willingly deleted :3) 

I have to put an end to this: the topic is not the right one for this kind of discussions. If you have further doubts though don't hesitate on pming me on forum ^^ 

Edited by Higgings
Added and Removed some parts

41 minutes ago, Higgings said:

If negative stuff, as you call them, are supported by good and valid basis, then it's called "Criticism", and it's exactly the whole point of starting a Conversation and discussing about it. 

Oh. Freedom of speech, but u guys lock topics if u dont like it

3 minutes ago, Higgings said:

I believe they were written on the bottom of the page, back then, as "Community Rules"; to be precise, on the same location where now there are the links to "Contact us" and "Language". As I said, I didn't take much time to read carefully every single rule written there thus I didn't also pay attention to the location, but I'm kinda sure they were there. I won't lie, I don't remember the exact location back then, you may apologize me for this, but you might realize by yourself that defending yourself using curse words might be a bit excessive in a forum where also kids can see it even if there weren't accesible rules like there are now... (?) :tired2:

I have to put an end to this: the topic is not the right one for this kind of discussions. If you have further doubts though don't hesitate on pming me on forum ^^ 

Bottom of the page use to switch around to Other langauge topics im pretty sure. thats fair I was just saying English Forum died when Jswaaz was banned and "Rule enforcement" Was beyond strict.  Thats Fair Wont Spam this Topic Anymore :panda7:

All ill Say is Where Tf is Horror doe?:piggy:

2 minutes ago, Turtle said:

All ill Say is Where Tf is Horror doe?:piggy:

That's a right question. I believe though we are really close to the Preview now. 

19 minutes ago, Higgings said:

It is, but unfortunately (or fortunately) when it comes to such things we have also to follow some rules that we agree to at the very beginning of the moment in which we create an account in forum (you know, that stuff EULA-Alike, that thing made of letters, numbers and commas long kilometers of pages and that no one in this forum has ever read aside maybe me - I admit, I needed to kill time - few more guys majority of which are mods/admins or devs who wrote them). In that case you are yes free to say whatever you have in your mind, but you have also to keep in mind that having a forum account means automatically having agreed to such rules thus breaking them lead to a word called "Consequences": this is what it happened to you, basically.

Will sound nonsense. But some forums u dont need to create account to say whats on ur mind, here if u create acc u become brainwashed n agree to rules

Edited by spek_kam_px
Bad english

Just now, Higgings said:

That's a right question. I believe though we are really close to the Preview now. 

Yeah its very delayed. I think tommorow will be preview... I just hope it releases before halloween. cus if it releases on halloween or after defeats purpose.