Why Warspear has failed.

Azebu

Hello, fellow players, and I hope devs.

This isn't "hurr dis gaem is bad xd" thread #3492. I'll try to show you why Warspear has failed as potentially successful and innovative MMO.

The game is salvageable, but it may be too late. Maybe devs will take some of these into discussion and do something about it?

1. Lack of balance between classes and skills.

Tell me which 2 classes you consider most imba, and why were they Warlock and Ranger? Both of these have 2 hard CC, they are DPS classes, and have strong damaging abilities.

As well, the skills aren't balanced. Ask any Rogue what skills they maxed. 95% pick Merci, Stealth, Gouge. Almost every Priest/Necro is going for healer build.

Why the hell BDs Parrying gives a whopping 1% bonus? Who the hell thought reducing 1% of Max Hp on Necro skill is good idea? Just why?

2. Pay 2 Win

Well, we all know who has money has power. But should it be like that in a game based on PvP?

It all started pretty normally, like always. Cosmetic skins, and runes you could drop from bosses.

But then, it started going on and on, to the point we have today.

You want to kill someone in PvP? Grab extra potions. Still not enough? Potion and Scrolls. Oh no, you died? Grab a revive and eat some chicken.

To get very powerful gear, do arenas. You can do them for several weeks to get one item, or you can buy tickets and get entire set within a few hours.

3. Amplification System

This is SO imbalanced, I don't even know where to start.

Okay, so we all know. Amplification gives huge benefit, but will cost you your house and all belongings.

But why. WHY. Wanting to make a living from game is one. Being a total jew is another.

What's wrong with that system? Every single thing.

- The ratios are pants-on-head. I dunno, is it 1% to go 9->10?

- If you don't use the signs, your items WILL break sooner or later. This would be okay, if ratios were pretty fair, and items were easier to get (read: higher drop rates). I take this as experience from RotMG. You lost your items there almost everyday. But they weren't hard to get again, so it was okay.

- Huge benefit from amping. Okay, low ratios and potential danger are one thing, but it makes the game unplayable without it.

- Importance of amping is visible. Signs have became a currency. If gold was removed, no one would give a damn, as long as signs are there.

4. Lack of endgame content.

What can we do at end-game. Farm for one set, do arenas for another set, pvp with our hard earned set.

We really should have an option from what to choose. You want more parry as a rogue? Too bad, you can't. Wanna extra flat damage, sorry, not possible. Get t2/a4, or nothing.

I didn't make this thread to prove this game is bad and you shouldn't play it. I made this thread because I'm sad. I know every MMO sooner or later dies. But every time an unique game dies, it's like an entire species die. I have seen many games pass their finest days. Runescape, WoW, RotMG, Tribes, all have been taken away by greed. Please don't let the same happen to Warspear.

1.  Theyve said before that they balance around the realm as a whole not for 1v1 combat.  I stopped ranting about rangers when they did. 

You make some good points about some skills needing a boost some a decrease to make viable specs outside the cookie cutter, but note that they have done that before to skills. 

Keep in mind, this game has been deconstructed and reconstructed by Aigrind after they split from their parent company.  They've been adding back reconstructed content one patch at a time.  When I started each class had two specializations to choose from and the current classes were just base classes.  So expect more skills options and combos to come.

2. + 3. Tie together.  Many games are like this that are free to play.  Yes paying players will have an advantage in a game they like, and nonpaying players have a free game they like because of the paying players.  No getting around that without a subscription fee.

1.  Theyve said before that they balance around the realm as a whole not for 1v1 combat.  I stopped ranting about rangers when they did. 

You make some good points about some skills needing a boost some a decrease to make viable specs outside the cookie cutter, but note that they have done that before to skills. 

Keep in mind, this game has been deconstructed and reconstructed by Aigrind after they split from their parent company.  They've been adding back reconstructed content one patch at a time.  When I started each class had two specializations to choose from and the current classes were just base classes.  So expect more skills options and combos to come.

I have been here since 0.3, so I know about two specs, no skills, no drops from bosses, etc. But, 2 years have passed. Don't you think that's too long?

I didn't combine 2 and 3 because amping is so bad it needed it's own section.

Also if you could edit your post, I would edit this one and respond to new posts. Just started typing that topic on phone, decided to finish on PC, that's why it was incomplete

1. lack of balance - perception is reality. my biggest complaint about all faction/pvp based mmos where factions have different skill sets from each other. Eve online and ultima online dont have this because all skills and weapons are avaidible to all players if you suck at pvp in Eve or UO it is because you dont have the right stuff. however both games have one fact in common the better you are at pvp the worst you are at other aspects of the game.

if a particular race or faction is percieved as being "op" then whether it really is or not is completely irrelevant. in World of Warcraft for example the horde racial bonuses were veiwed as being better for pvp. people who wanted to be good at pvp made horde, after a few years balance was found but imagine the drama and nerd rage that would have been saved if they had just made racial bonuses completely cosmetic.for pve players wh are all about storyline they would have been just as happy. and pvpers wouldnt have had anything to complain about.companies dont offer two balanced teams to face each other because they like to see people "chasing the OP" they adjust and tweak things in order too "bring balance" and players find another "perceived" imbalance and rush to start building those characters.

imbalance is never going to exist as long as there are two factions with different skill sets avaidible to them. even if there is only a perceived imbalance pvp driven players will act on that and create an imbalance.

1. lack of balance - perception is reality. my biggest complaint about all faction/pvp based mmos where factions have different skill sets from each other. Eve online and ultima online dont have this because all skills and weapons are avaidible to all players if you suck at pvp in Eve or UO it is because you dont have the right stuff. however both games have one fact in common the better you are at pvp the worst you are at other aspects of the game.

if a particular race or faction is percieved as being "op" then whether it really is or not is completely irrelevant. in World of Warcraft for example the horde racial bonuses were veiwed as being better for pvp. people who wanted to be good at pvp made horde, after a few years balance was found but imagine the drama and nerd rage that would have been saved if they had just made racial bonuses completely cosmetic.for pve players wh are all about storyline they would have been just as happy. and pvpers wouldnt have had anything to complain about.companies dont offer two balanced teams to face each other because they like to see people "chasing the OP" they adjust and tweak things in order too "bring balance" and players find another "perceived" imbalance and rush to start building those characters.

imbalance is never going to exist as long as there are two factions with different skill sets avaidible to them. even if there is only a perceived imbalance pvp driven players will act on that and create an imbalance.

You have a point, but we have 1-2 strong characters per faction, and 4 weak ones.

Even if we would switch OP characters every month, it would give a bit of fresh air, and well, they would get more money on people amping all of those.

Man, i see like this: each faction have 3 classes, for example, mc have: barb, as tank class; rogue as pvp class; shaman as suport class. We know that all of them can pve/pvp, but some of them seem like have anything more to their "function", tank/pvp/suport.

Guildwars is a good example of balanced pvp and it ended up holding top spot right next to world of warcraft as number one mmorpg.(gw 1 I havent researched Guild wars 2 yet). people get frustrated with chasing and amping and investing only to have the devs make a "balance" change and make all their work a waste of time. then they nerd rage and quit and find something else . if you cause a rage induced quit then players wont come back nearly as often than when they just a little bored. imbalance is the difference between temporarily losing some players and permanantly losing others.

3. Amp system - to high, to critical to have to be competitive. this was covered in the previous post.

4. Lack of end game - Eve is a good game to look at for inspiration at a long running endgame - their player base is very loyal and their end game is pretty much began just a few months after starting.

Sand box design has a huge advantage over quest driven games for end game -

fine have your little quests for getting to twenty. then here is how you add end game for any mmo.

bosses - like lab for pve players - your good there introduce new dungeons and goodies for the carebears from time to time they will be happy- they like team work related dungeons with multiple difficulty I personally hate those long drawn out types of fights but I know many player thrive on that crap.

crafting system - my wife played ultima online for 8 or so years - she built every item in the game had a huge house ran vendors ALL on a crafter oriented playstyle - you make a game where the craftable items are good enough quality to compete with dropped items you wont be able to make players like her leave-  she finally went to WoW because the servers in uo were practicly dead. the crafting system is not nearly as advanced in wow ( which is ironic since its newer) but she made do on that for years, she crafted and ran the auction house.

housing - maybe...  purchase a plot of land - dont work it yourself as a company  let the player buy items to put on it - so you take ship to an island surrounded by mists you buy a land deed at the dock . the mist clears (land spawns )and you now have the ability to improve that land - you get resources to plant - monster generators to guard your land or to fight against - the houses in UO are why people are still playing it now. theyre the culminations of a DECADE of playing the same game. UO screwed up a lot but they got that part right.

reward openworld pvp like eve online - the deeper you go into enemy / neutral turf the better the rewards. give players the bility to build guilds make factions, and get paid doing it.

ships and mounts - build them make them cool....players will come players will stay and collect.

look ai grind players dont need you to tell us an epic story, we dont need any more quests, we dont need more epic levels to gain. we want to war meaningful war with booty, we want to build we want to build a friggin empire with our wee pixellated hands- the essence the core of what all humans like to do- fight build destroy and talk shit and show our epeen. give us basic tools to do that and you will be as big as ..... oh i dunno a poorly pixelatted game like minecraft. the difference from minecraft is with mmorpg roots if you can cut us loose and set us free with guild systems and manageable alliances you will be bigger than anything on the market. a phone playable mmorpg is just something that cant be beat if done right. mmorpg is not about graphics its about the social interaction. its about playability. on a phone especially. you have the interface nailed for phone play sure tweak it overall its good though. now pull your head out of your collective rearends , sell crap cheap so we use the heck out of it and enjoy the game more, give us tools to build stuff and manage guild systems.you will be in business for the next decade or more. "give us free"

This isn't "hurr dis gaem is bad xd" thread #3492. I'll try to show you why Warspear has failed as potentially successful and innovative MMO.

The game is salvageable, but it may be too late. Maybe devs will take some of these into discussion and do something about it?

Tell me which 2 classes you consider most imba, and why were they Warlock and Ranger? Both of these have 2 hard CC, they are DPS classes, and have strong damaging abilities.

As well, the skills aren't balanced. Ask any Rogue what skills they maxed. 95% pick Merci, Stealth, Gouge. Almost every Priest/Necro is going for healer build.

Why the hell BDs Parrying gives a whopping 1% bonus? Who the hell thought reducing 1% of Max Hp on Necro skill is good idea? Just why?

2. Pay 2 Win

Well, we all know who has money has power. But should it be like that in a game based on PvP?

It all started pretty normally, like always. Cosmetic skins, and runes you could drop from bosses.

You want to kill someone in PvP? Grab extra potions. Still not enough? Potion and Scrolls. Oh no, you died? Grab a revive and eat some chicken.

To get very powerful gear, do arenas. You can do them for several weeks to get one item, or you can buy tickets and get entire set within a few hours.

3. Amplification System

Okay, so we all know. Amplification gives huge benefit, but will cost you your house and all belongings.

But why. WHY. Wanting to make a living from game is one. Being a total jew is another.

- If you don't use the signs, your items WILL break sooner or later. This would be okay, if ratios were pretty fair, and items were easier to get (read: higher drop rates). I take this as experience from RotMG. You lost your items there almost everyday. But they weren't hard to get again, so it was okay.

- Huge benefit from amping. Okay, low ratios and potential danger are one thing, but it makes the game unplayable without it.

- Importance of amping is visible. Signs have became a currency. If gold was removed, no one would give a damn, as long as signs are there.

What can we do at end-game. Farm for one set, do arenas for another set, pvp with our hard earned set.

We really should have an option from what to choose. You want more parry as a rogue? Too bad, you can't. Wanna extra flat damage, sorry, not possible. Get t2/a4, or nothing.

I didn't make this thread to prove this game is bad and you shouldn't play it. I made this thread because I'm sad. I know every MMO sooner or later dies. But every time an unique game dies, it's like an entire species die. I have seen many games pass their finest days. Runescape, WoW, RotMG, Tribes, all have been taken away by greed. Please don't let the same happen to Warspear.

you got lor of right points here

1.no one needs mcoins to be good and i think you know what i mean here

im never spent a single mcoin and as i always say im glad to say that i became the baddass priest im now with my own hard work

sure i may get broken and have no money but all i do is go to trade chat and say who can give me repair and i will give him 1k withen an hour and then fix up and go hunt boars for 30min and give him the 1k

2,i agrea about what u said about amp system it is so unbalanced also who doesnt amp his wep is like with no wep at all

3,i tottally disagrea with classes un-balance

each class his own weak against class

rogue-mage mages are the only elves class that can use aoe skills to expose rogue

warlock-priest yesterday i beaten lvl20 warlock called sheer all something like that in pvp cave

because priest had arsimistic for a reason ...etx

necro-almost all elves classes

dk-i easlly beat lvl18 dks so i guess all healer classes

and you know the rest

4.only newbies who have just made a char max 3skills take me for examble in my druid i just maxed heal thunder and roots cuase i was newbie and it was my first char while in priest i made balance(5tears3arsimistic4heal4shield)

and i can easlly solo bosses if no mobs and im also good in pvp

you guys are missing something here each class is unice class priests are the only classes that can kill wisps of their own faction in norlant

idk other classes unice point cuz i dont use them

even though you brought really good point lvl20players has nothing to do and this is big failure by algrind company

Man, i see like this: each faction have 3 classes, for example, mc have: barb, as tank class; rogue as pvp class; shaman as suport class. We know that all of them can pve/pvp, but some of them seem like have anything more to their "function", tank/pvp/suport.

3,i tottally disagrea with classes un-balance

each class his own weak against class

4.only newbies who have just made a char max 3skills take me for examble in my druid i just maxed heal thunder and roots cuase i was newbie and it was my first char while in priest i made balance(5tears3arsimistic4heal4shield)

and i can easlly solo bosses if no mobs and im also good in pvp

Indeed, when you make a character you outright see what each class can do. But does that mean it's prohibited to make DPS Necro/Pala? No. But it's inefficient.

This reminded me of one thing I forgot. Healing. My friendlist consist of 90% Necros and Shamans. I know healers have huge importance in MMOs. The problem is they should be powerful in PvE, and mediocre/weak in PvP (talking about healer build, not Clothers in general). During my WoW times, someone going for healer build could heal themselves, but you could kill them with no problem anyway. Or if they were healing their mate, he would die slower.

You know, it's hard to discuss PvP and balance when nobody really mastered all classes and can speak about them. That's because of amping, of course. Who in their right mind would amp 12 characters?

people get frustrated with chasing and amping and investing only to have the devs make a "balance" change and make all their work a waste of time. then they nerd rage and quit and find something else . if you cause a rage induced quit then players wont come back nearly as often than when they just a little bored. imbalance is the difference between temporarily losing some players and permanantly losing others.

I don't find it bad at all. It's same feeling when you buy something and it goes on sale on the next day.

Devs said they will release new content soon. With new content usually comes new gear. If it's significally stronger than old gear, people will have to get it and amp it from scratch. Does anyone get mad at that? If someone will get buttfrustrated at positive changes to amping system, it means that he knows he won't be winning anymore because of his wallet.

1.no one needs mcoins to be good and i think you know what i mean here

im never spent a single mcoin and as i always say im glad to say that i became the baddass priest im now with my own hard work

sure i may get broken and have no money but all i do is go to trade chat and say who can give me repair and i will give him 1k withen an hour and then fix up and go hunt boars for 30min and give him the 1k

So you know yourself how annoying it is to get anything without paying. You have to kill those goddamn boars over and over. It's same as I said with arenas. You can farm for weeks to amp gear, or you can whip out your credit card and get it done within minutes.

2. Pay 2 Win

3. Amplification System

you play rotmg? i just started last week, already 15 star rank. its a shame i missed out on grave looting. why did i have to join soo late  :cray:

you play rotmg? i just started last week, already 15 star rank. its a shame i missed out on grave looting. why did i have to join soo late  :cray:

Nope. I played after grave-looting was removed. I mean you don't have to do O2 tens of times to get one item. It's "luck" to not get any loot t11 or higher. I stopped because Kabam happened. It's still not bad, it's not what it used to be for me though.

Nope. I played after grave-looting was removed. I mean you don't have to do O2 tens of times to get one item. It's "luck" to not get any loot t11 or higher. I stopped because Kabam happened. It's still not bad, it's not what it used to be for me though.

sounds familiar, its what 99% of the forums are saying. after seeing every boss/dungeon at least once, its already starting to get boring.

Every good mmorpg is like this. No need to cry, if you don't like how people run mmorpgs, go play console games

Not ALL, Warspear is like one the games that went down the toilet.

Go try WoW, you could be the best player there without spending a $ on your character and you can play just like everyone else without spending a dollar and unlike here you work for your equipments, you don't swipe your Credit card and get 5000 Signs, buy full lv18 equips, and amp them +10.

Unlike Warspear you can just kill 30 players with 50k MC, 500 Healing potions and +10 equipments.

And if you don't buy MC you're really gonna get a hard time, lucky for me I had such good friends that supported me.

And Warspear is also one of those games with the most imbalanced PvP.

Range classes can kite Melees even if they are 10 year old retards, +10 Rogues and Rangers can kill people in seconds,

2 Warlocks can kill anyone in 2x2 if they manage to catch them in Circle then you're in for a non-ending stun lock unless the Warlocks got no brain then they would get ducked in one stun, melee classes are too ducked up THEY CAN KITE EACH OTHER, Christ there's too much to list.

Remove Amplification, remove stagger, ban pots in PvP, put an appropriate cooldown on Revive on spots and remove enchant charms and you could call this game balanced.

Not ALL, Warspear is like one the games that went down the toilet.

Go try WoW, you could be the best player there without spending a $ on your character and you can play just like everyone else without spending a dollar and unlike here you work for your equipments, you don't swipe your Credit card and get 5000 Signs, buy full lv18 equips, and amp them +10.

Unlike Warspear you can just kill 30 players with 50k MC, 500 Healing potions and +10 equipments.

And if you don't buy MC you're really gonna get a hard time, lucky for me I had such good friends that supported me.

And Warspear is also one of those games with the most imbalanced PvP.

Range classes can kite Melees even if they are 10 year old retards, +10 Rogues and Rangers can kill people in seconds,

2 Warlocks can kill anyone in 2x2 if they manage to catch them in Circle then you're in for a non-ending stun lock unless the Warlocks got no brain then they would get ducked in one stun, melee classes are too ducked up THEY CAN KITE EACH OTHER, Christ there's too much to list.

Remove Amplification, remove stagger, ban pots in PvP, put an appropriate cooldown on Revive on spots and remove enchant charms and you could call this game balanced.

Ok you gave wow as an example. If you didn't know, wow charges player. Its a P2P game.

Most p2p games won't have a cash shop since hey're already making money fro monthly subscriptions.

Now most f2p games have a cash shop, they probably won't make enough money from selling pure costumes and runes.

So they looked into the amping system, they needed something that could be infinite and will be bought by many players over and over

Costumes: buy a few or buy them all, after that you won't need any more, they will not have a source of income.

Pots: yes people buy them.. but they're cheap and well, not really a big deal to anyone

Repair scrolls: yep, you need them, but then again.. they're pretty cheap and can take a few days for you to need one

Signs/ spheres/ amplification system: of course, a players main priority is usually to become the strongest in a game.

So nothing better than signs and spheres with a low chance of amplification for their monthly income.

If anything, expect warspear to make weapons and armors upgradable to +15 in the near future.

I think he is referring to the fact that you cant buy upgrades that help you fight better. everyone pays the same price and has the same equipment avaidible so it is more skill and time oriented.

I spend 20 dollars per month on warspear - I also work two jobs. - so the gains in gear upgrades evens itself out in my case. it took me about 2 months to get to level 20 and I am still far from max in gear.

some people can get to level 20 max gear much much faster because they can spend more money and more time.

some people work two jobs and dont have any money extra. ( why a smartphone then?....just sayin.)  and they have a huge disadvantage as compared to someone with money and time.

personally a smartphone is a luxury item. no one "needs" a smartphone. no one "needs" to be max level and max gear at warspear. the fact of the matter is they way over charge for this crap but since I dont "need" it I dont add more in my budget for it. as a result some folks are gonna get stronger than me much faster. thats cool I can live with it. WoWs model of pay per month gives a big advantage to people who have more time than me. we both pay the same amount per month but they get more keyboard time and therefore get stronger faster. paying for digital content is hard to determine. they built the product and can and derverve to be payed. how much and fairness is up to us the consumers to decide. IF they manage things incorrectly then they wont stay in business.

Ok you gave wow as an example. If you didn't know, wow charges player. Its a P2P game.

Most p2p games won't have a cash shop since they're already making money from monthly subscriptions.

Now most f2p games have a cash shop, they probably won't make enough money from selling pure costumes and runes.

and? It doesn't matter if it's P2P just take out subscription off the list and take a look at it at that point, it's balanced rich vs. poor and PvP is quite balanced too so I wouldn't really care, and if you add the subscription it wouldn't make it any worse than Warspear, you get to play normally like rich or poor players, it's my point exactly.

WoW: Pay to play balanced games, play just like rich players even if you don't spend any money on mounts, pets and etc.

Warspear: Play free but you're gonna struggle playing, and you'll need to spend around $100 to play just like others do and still get owned by rich high amp players that pot and res nonstop.

I will agree that this game is hard to make an upgrade in without chunking down cash. I have been killing pigs for weeks trying to get to 35k so I can buy ten signs.( the whole work/life thing makes it take longer for me.) I think if I couldnt spend real money I would just quit. I dont understand how people have the patience to play this for free. repair costs are stupid high. you spend half your farm money repairing your gear. free players make a large part of the society and should have it be a little easier on them than current setting.

Well there's that or there's the saying "if you don't like it, don't bother with it"

No one is being forced to play or pay.

Simple as that, I have spent money in the past but i realized there are much better things out there than buying stuff for a game  . Such as buying alcohol and weed ya dig?

Well there's that or there's the saying "if you don't like it, don't bother with it"

No one is being forced to play or pay.

Simple as that, I have spent money in the past but i realized there are much better things out there than buying stuff for a game  . Such as buying alcohol and weed ya dig?

True, but that isn't the point here, we want to improve Warspear.

Exactly why we are discussing about it's negative sides so if Devs think of making this game more fun and balanced they know what are the negative things in their game.

I play for free, I don't buy Signs, Pots and etc with Miracle coins And I rarely buy Miracle coins too

and so far I'm doing great.

Simple as that, I have spent money in the past but i realized there are much better things out there than buying stuff for a game.

I came to the same conclusion. Why spend my money here when I could spend it on a better time/money sink?