Solving thread spam?

Tweek

Ok. This isn't a game suggestion, but a forum suggestion. I want to ask moderators if they can make an option like this:

People who have not over 50 posts (user) shouldn't be able to create any new topic.

People who have over 50 posts can make 1 or 2 threads per day.

Oh,yes. I made this topic because everyday I see some spammers :). This will make moderators less tired deleting "spamy" threads all day,and will make us happy.

Nope.

He will start spamming in already existing threads.

Hmm.. Maybe new users should be able to post only 10 replies per day?

Hmm.. Maybe new users should be able to post only 10 replies per day?

Any more freedom you want to take from decent forum users?

How about moderators take "report" more seriously and ask us to report spammers ect.

Any more freedom you want to take from decent forum users?

How about moderators take "report" more seriously and ask us to report spammers ect.

I meant the users who made their account within 7 days, they shouldn't be able to post more than 10 replies. "New users" as I said.

I meant the users who made their account within 7 days, they shouldn't be able to post more than 10 replies. "New users" as I said.

Yea sorry, misunderstood the intention.

Then i must agree, new users below 50 posts, max 5 replies a day. No topic creation either... maybe only can create up to two topics until reaching the 50 post status ( just in case they need to create support or help topics ).

Im liking the idea.

Need something for karma abuse as well.

Maximum of 5 smites on users per 8 hrs?

Or maybe when you add karma to a person a confirmation will be sent to mods/devs to accept or reject, some people also put +'s for no reason too, " just cause they are friends ".

i think this proplem wont kill anyone who cares if they spam +s or -s or threads no will be killed by those.

i say this proplem isnt the proplem you may want to solve now(hough warspear has alot of ther proplem.that may actually kills like crossing,op classes,...... etc)

if devs solved it will be happy but if they didnt i will be happy too but less happy :wacko:

Yea sorry, misunderstood the intention.

Then i must agree, new users below 50 posts, max 5 replies a day. No topic creation either... maybe only can create up to two topics until reaching the 50 post status ( just in case they need to create support or help topics ).

Im liking the idea.

We should have like this:

New user: 1-2 smites/day

user: 3 smites/day

resident: 4 smites/day

old timer: 5 smites/day

veteran:6 smites/day

I don't think any old timer or veterans are abusing the [-] so they shouldn't complain about having only 5/6 smites per day.

Maximum of 5 smites on users per 8 hrs?

Or maybe when you add karma to a person a confirmation will be sent to mods/devs to accept or reject, some people also put +'s for no reason too, " just cause they are friends ".

Good idea but moderators won't be that happy to check every + or - because we're over 3000 people(active) using the forum and they should check like over 10000 boxes like "Do you agree that person X is smiting person Y?" Also developers(moderators) must check the thread where person Y got smited. Who knows,maybe Y posted something stupid :P. Hard work for moderators,but if they agree with :good: your idea, then it's great

Good idea but moderators won't be that happy to check every + or - because we're over 3000 people(active) using the forum and they should check like over 10000 boxes like "Do you agree that person X is smiting person Y?" Also developers(moderators) must check the thread where person Y got smited. Who knows,maybe Y posted something stupid :P. Hard work for moderators,but if they agree with :good: your idea, then it's great

pffff santa recidves more then 1 million massages and read them 8)

pffff santa recidves more then 1 million massages and read them 8)

remember Santa has many elf employees. There are 7 billion people on earth now,  and it isn't 600A.D. anymore, he gets older.

I think ignore is available on forum too. You won't se anything written by that person. So use it ;)

The dude makes different accounts each spam, you can't just " ignore " him.