Blood Protection rework

Ogull

sprite75.png

Cover the caster with a protective layer of blood, rendering the target invincible to damage,

but reduce it's damage and movement speed by 100%.

Leveling the skill will increase the duration of the effect.

this was an idea i had for blood protection when it was first introduced, to have an effect that will make you a literal fortress.

to make things clear, in this state unlike stone body, a dk can still be hit by enemy's and you wont lose all the aggro you accumulated

however all damage ( physical or magical ) will be reduced to 0, you will become a punching bag for mobs/players for the duration of the skill

this skill will have a great synergy with secret reserve so when you get low and sr activate, you can activate this skill to give sr a chance to heal you.

or you can aggro a big horde of mobs then activate it to take all the damage while your team kill them.

or to use it when you think the enemy player will start his combo and use the skill to tank all damage without losing health

9 hours ago, Higgings said:

Although I'd love to see it, as a DK owner I consider it quite overpowered xd

thou i also consider it overpowered xD, i also don't see any harm, we have a 10sec immunity skill and a skill that heal you when blocking

i wasn't thinking about balance much, i was just presenting an idea

i thought of ways to balance the skill however, you could make it only block only physical damage or make it have 5 sec duration at max level to.

• 3 weeks later...

Is very op, for balance i would add, you can take dmg but can't die while skill is active. With this rework dmg reflection dk will be worth 100%... Imagine that skill with 85% dmg reflection (i've reached that percentage with my shaman lvl 22, don't know how far can be with lvl 32 cap) 

Edited by William A Bueno
Incomplete idea

10 hours ago, William A Bueno said:

Is very op, for balance i would add, you can take dmg but can't die while skill is active. With this rework dmg reflection dk will be worth 100%... Imagine that skill with 85% dmg reflection (i've reached that percentage with my shaman lvl 22, don't know how far can be with lvl 32 cap) 

yeah, that's a good idea the only problem is, there is already a skill that stop your health from dropping below 1 hp

barbarian last wish, and i don't know if devs want two skills to be the same