change warlock stun cooldown duration

icewind

i hate to say this,, but even i have a hard time 1 vs 1 with warlock..only stupid player say warlock is weak n whatsoever,, who cares about your hardtime levelling up,,after 1 stun then come the other 1.. its no end.. prolong the cooldown please..even shaman easier for me..ps: i'm a druid,,i dunno if i'm weak or noob but still i feels like a sh!t loosing 1x1 with +6 or +7 warlock

Be sure to start the fight with heal active and maximize root. I've a lvl 20 lock and druids can kill me.

And fear and dark circle cant be cycled, at minimum there is a couple of seconds of gap between them.

Exactly, i'm a lvl 20 warlock myself (+9 amped lvl 17 wep) and believe me, druids with maxed roots and heal could kill me, if they increased cooldown duration for locks, we would have a hard time beating healers. devs should instead, add new skills for each class to balance all classes. Nerfing cooldown isnt the solution, look at barbs, they nerfed charge, because of that they have become weaker :facepalm:

Pst. im a Bird

if they increased cooldown duration for locks, we would have a hard time beating healers.

Pst. im a Bird

God forbid Warlocks have a hard time. F to the AIL

Wow 2 posts and so much karma :lol:

Hello.

After using circle and fear, some healers are still have time to heal. All mage and warlocks are supposed to kill fast or they will die fast.

Mage/warlock: "no time, go kill them fast or we will die fast"

Healers: "i should spin out time to kill them so when they died my life is still full haha"

Result, who plays noob mage/warlock will die by spined out time and who plays noob healer will die fast. Who stunning first, they have chance to win and warlock only have 4 yard of fear skill while root and blind is 5 yard.

Yup, druids are really tough opponents if used correctly, but lets ignore druids now and think about other classes.

Priests = priests got a really, really hard time killing locks, priest uses mana burn, warlock stuns with dark circle and then proceeds into fearing him. By then priests would start to panic and decide to heal/shield himself which is exactly enough time for a lock to cast circle. By then priest is most likely dead, without doing any serious damage to the lock. (Unless priest plays really really smart)

Mage = Deals alot of dmg really quick, only problem is that is has absolutely no stun skills which makes it dangerously vulnerable against any class.

Paladin = meh, they got very low dark defence which makes them extremely vulnerable to warlocks, foj is not as powerful as before so the paladin is expected to lose, unless the paladin is on dark def/resil, high amped, and playing smart . (melee would die against any ranged class anyway if used correctly)

rogues = very deadly at stealth mode, however, if a warlock succeeds into exposing him by plashing him, the rogue is pretty much dead. (If warlock fails plashing the invisible rogue, the warlock got a high chance of dying)

barbarians = i hate seeing barbarians at arena, especially if they are aiming for me.  The reason is simple, i hate their charge skill especially if it succeeds, even worse if they are high amped. (Barbs got a few seconds of advantage when stunning, but once that period is over, he should prepare himself for a marathon run. Since he'd be runnin around the whole time)

shamans = They got 2 aoe skills which makes them very deadly too, remember, dark circle got a 3x3 radius while quake got a 5x5 radius (correct me if im wrong) warlocks fear can be thrown at 4 yards, while blind at 5. So shamans would be the first ones to stun a lock. Ofcourse if a lock plays smart he'd win (with moon/resil gears)

Deathknights = a really bada** class, with exhalation active and pull ready, locks should expect to lose half of his hp within a few combos. Again, melee classes are weak against ranged so locks could easily gain advantage again.

Necromancer = same as priests, i hate nightmare though, could be deadly if lock is new, but if the warlock is experienced, necros would have a tough time beating him up

Warlock = first one to stun is the winner.

Ranger = blessing+scatter+normal shot+power arrow+double dmg+crits = warlock dead in one combo.

If the ranger does not get any crits or double hits, the ranger is pretty much f*cked up.

Bladedancer = I hate bladedancers hamstring, once a warlock is immobilized by ham he's pretty much f*cked up aswell (if the bd deals 340-500+ dmg on lock) (not to mention crits) warlocks could easily die by getting himself critted to death. But once again, melees are weak against ranged, locks could easily beat bds aswell if hes kiting.

With stun duration increased to atleast 20-25 seconds warlocks would be just like mages, cooldown would be way too.

devs should instead, add new skills for each class to balance all classes. Nerfing cooldown isnt the solution, look at barbs, they nerfed charge, because of that they have become weaker :facepalm:

Pst. im a Bird

i agree, they could add new skills for all classes to maintain balance.

Btw thats aloot of karma u got :shok:  4 posts and so many karma points ;D

I do haft to agree that circle could use a increase of cooldown. Sure keep fear as it is, but with circle cooldown longer. Now they cant stun lock since both spells are ready as the first wears off. And fighting 2 or more warlocks they can circle barrier and keep a permanent circle out to cut off melee chars until ranged opponents are dead and then melee is chanceless. DKs threads have 30sec cooldown for a way less advantage skill, i say make both threads and barrier cooldown 20secs.

Warlock is decent balanced againt other ranged since they have the cut back off 1yard on most skills. But even shaman is more balanced againt melee, atleast barbs and DKs have a chance to break quake, if their skills are up.

Cooldown increase on barrier have always been my stand point.

The current warlock is still hard to kill pure healer.

Don't you forget that your shaman can kite melee easily with still full HP?

Warlock can't survive longer than healer, so warlock need to kill fast or warlock will die fast.

All ranged class can kite all melee and you want warlock can't kite melee? Increase cooldown of circle up to 20-30 sec and give warlock heavy armor or 250+ 5x heal like shaman/druid or 700+ instant heal like necro/priest.

Just leave Warlocks like they are, if they circle 1st with their 13 sec disable its game over but area of circle isnt big, so many bug positions in game now and fast rangers with bow so easy nuke them outside arena, smart druids too and high amped BDs ..

People also cry about mages too weak but i think its best FB/Chosen class so far, and funniest too, if enough amp and dmg skills maxed they can do 1500-3000 dmg with ball, stones and teleport in only 3 seconds and their stun just push a lot out crossing and u get gangbanged in mid of maps ;D Also blink if you are fast is epic skill to hide or hunt down

i know how much hamstring hurts, it hurts even for healers. But a bd can never get close to a good warlock if the warlock doesnt get stunned  by bd partner first. Even if he dodges barrier, he gets feared and when fears done, he gets caught in barrirt anyhow. Before Antique reskilled he played with fear lv1 and only barrier lv5, barrier stun was enough for us to win all fights except against shaman x2 twinks. So even half the stun is aduquete to own 80% of the opponents that you can face

I have a bigger chance killing a healing shaman with DK then a warlock 1v1.

You´d still have the same skills, i just want increased cooldown so you cant circle 100% stun. Im not saying remove barrier, just increase cooldown. So you mean if warlock cant keep stunlock 100% it would be a worthless class? Erm no it would still be strong even if it had 5-6secs when both fear and barrier are down.

Everyone that does not have a warlock should really create one and you'll see how important net speed is + you'll have to time all the skills perfectly.  :facepalm:

Warlock is not an easy class to play, and i repeat; THEY ARE NOT HEALERS! They need to kill fast and time all skills PERFECTLY in order to survive. :facepalm:

Pst. Im a bird

Bloodylipa i think you just lost by good warlock, don't worry bloody, still many noob warlocks with low net speed. Yes, net speed is very important for stunner to stun right on target. Imagine, failed stun (out of target or lag potition) no time surviving for warlock, 3 sec warlock died.

when i'm talking 1vs1 is bad enough,, imagine 1vs2 warlock..2 stun is the best kiting class..btw bloody,, i'm taking my word that i can guest where the circle will be cast,,infact,, its still worthless if i guess it right because another stun waiting for me,, by time the warlock finish atk me and while waiting for stun cooldown he will start the marathon,, when i caught up to him...guess what,, i got stunned again :facepalm: ..thats the time my mouth cursing that warlock for being too op and me being too noob..

yea,, good druid can kill a warlock..i'm guessing that good druid is diaboloro,, knox,, breakout and juniorcell.. dude,, this is the strongest druid in emerald we talking about,, for sure they can kick your ass with +9 or +10 equipment + pro users.. dont sum my +4 gear with them,, forni is already out of my reach.. i can accept that.. but other warlock who seems fragile to me just force me to kick the bucket..damn..

tell me,, how many times u saw warlock cast circle and his enemy is in the middle of it??? me,, only 1 time..am i noob?? or its just most of the warlock will think 'for sure they will not be in the middle of my circle',, my point is its only 10% chance enemy will be in the middle of it if i'm not wrong..

max root also useless for slownet druid,, believe me..i'm so pissed off fighting  warlock more than fighting a shaman nowadays.. :bomb: :bomb:

Circles, we’re going in circles

Dizzy’s all it makes us

We know where it takes us

We've been before

Closer, maybe looking closer

There's more to discover

Find out what went wrong without blaming each other

Think that we got more time

When we're falling behind

Gotta make up our minds

Or else we'll play, play, play all the same old games

And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change

And we take, take, take it for granted that we’ll be the same

But we're making all the same mistakes

Wake up, we both need to wake up

Maybe if we face up to this

We can make it through this

Closer, maybe we'll be closer

Stronger than we were before, yeah

Make this something more, yeah

Yeah, yeah, that's what crazy is

When it's broken, you say there's nothing to fix

And you pray, pray, pray that everything will be okay

While you're making all the same mistakes

Don't look back

But if we don't look back

We’re only learning then

How to make all same mis-, same mistakes again

Noobs and net speed isnt what we are discussing here. Warlock is plenty strong even if he would have a few seconds of down time. Gosh you still get both barrier and fear, you just cant stun lock or carelessly throw out barrier on a hunch anymore. For godness sake you dont even haft to aim that skill All it would do is to force the warlock to play smarter, and if he does he would still be just as strong.

Again, Before Antique reskilled he played with fear1 and only barrier 5, barrier stun was enough for us to win all fights except against shaman x2 twinks. So even half the stun is aduquete to own 80% of the opponents that you can face.

Complain-complain-complain and complain ur class what you play and never complain your class what you arnt playing.

Complain cuz bug location?

Why dont you give suggestion change all skill to make balance at all?

I just can't understand mcforsaken logic.

Everyone of your classes has a stun while firstborn chosen has 1 all together.

The class you are saying is not overpowered has 2 stuns and 2 staggering skills.

Your one and only complain is that your circle fails because of your own faulty connection.

What is the justice in that :wacko:

:facepalm:

Complain-complain-complain and complain ur class what you play and never complain your class what you arnt playing.

Complain cuz bug location?

Why dont you give suggestion change all skill to make balance at all?

i do my part with druid vs warlock.. can u do your part??

yes,, mage is a heavy da'mage' class..but stil dont have better stun on its own,, mage need to depend on other to help him spamming skill..shaman is already a nightmare,, now its warlock..it become hellish nightmare,, especially at crossing or bridge..i know emerald elf dont have so called 'united' like mcs n forsaken..but even our so proud op ranger cant do anything when mcs started their blocking mission..i'm missing the point now  :wacko:

Circles, we’re going in circles

Dizzy’s all it makes us

We know where it takes us

We've been before

Closer, maybe looking closer

There's more to discover

Find out what went wrong without blaming each other

Think that we got more time

When we're falling behind

Gotta make up our minds

Or else we'll play, play, play all the same old games

And we wait, wait, wait for the end to change

And we take, take, take it for granted that we’ll be the same

But we're making all the same mistakes

Wake up, we both need to wake up

Maybe if we face up to this

We can make it through this

Closer, maybe we'll be closer

Stronger than we were before, yeah

Make this something more, yeah

Yeah, yeah, that's what crazy is

When it's broken, you say there's nothing to fix

And you pray, pray, pray that everything will be okay

While you're making all the same mistakes

Don't look back

But if we don't look back

We’re only learning then

How to make all same mis-, same mistakes again

One Direction - Same Mistakes -Up All Night :give_rose:

Warlocks arent as invincible as they look, and they are balanced versus ranged classes. Sure more powerfull than any melee class, but also shaman/necro/druids are.

Icewind I told ya how that druids can kill warlock, if you cant well, they are too amped/you arent enough/you dont have the right skill build.

The ridiculous strenght of mc/forsaken at crossing is a problem and should be faced by developers, I agree, but wouldnt be solved by changing warlock' skills.

Cooldownd of dark circle may be increased, but then AT LEAST it should become a full area spell. Again, go play a warlock before complaining.

the ONLY reason warlocks are OP is because inbred elfs under the age of 12 like "rushing" to their enemy with 0% strategy

HURR DURR IF IM QUICK ENOUGH MAYBE ILL HIT THEM FIRST (still doing the same damn thing after trying that 1000 times)

if anyone on my server had a brain they'd know how to wait and be cautious so the warlocks would have cooldowns to wait on (scanning area for enemies and changing tactics accordingly)

Warlocks arent as invincible as they look, and they are balanced versus ranged classes. Sure more powerfull than any melee class, but also shaman/necro/druids are.

Icewind I told ya how that druids can kill warlock, if you cant well, they are too amped/you arent enough/you dont have the right skill build.

The ridiculous strenght of mc/forsaken at crossing is a problem and should be faced by developers, I agree, but wouldnt be solved by changing warlock' skills.

Cooldownd of dark circle may be increased, but then AT LEAST it should become a full area spell. Again, go play a warlock before complaining.

leo,, i face u so many times in the field.. u 1 of the pro warlock i have face..n u also know what u were doing... 1vs1 is only my self expression on how i always lose vs warlock.. the real complaint is only for the cooldown :drinks:

leo,, i face u so many times in the field.. u 1 of the pro warlock i have face..n u also know what u were doing... 1vs1 is only my self expression on how i always lose vs warlock.. the real complaint is only for the cooldown :drinks:

Oh hi, who is your druid?  :drinks:

My weapon is only +6 and I dont have a moon def set, so I can lose to many druid 1vs1. Do you have root at 5?

i'm a 20th lvl druid wearing white pure angel dress,,long blue hair with arena staff +5..full moon if war,, full hp if alone,,root at 4...bees at 2.. noob at crossing,,some mistaken me for the icequeen in commoner dress..(add-on :lol: ) thats me :)

Oh yeah, killed and be killed by you many times, i remember xD

Idk, from my warlock point of view roots is the best druid skill, it looks like it will never end, but I dont play a druid so maybe bees 2 root 4 is better..

• 2 weeks later...

Each class has skills to benifit them. Increasing cooldown timer would only decrease warlocks survival rate. I'm sure Dev's new what they were doing when they made new classes. I've been killed by druids before, so the timer is not the problem. Ask other druids who have killed locks for tips. 

i've nothing to say now for 1x1 coz maybe i'm noob.. say,, what about bridge war? ws is all about teamplay,, dev shoud know this when they invented circle..maybe cooldown wont change the fact that elf cant win at bridge,, but how about limited trapped enemy by circle??

I do haft to agree that circle could use a increase of cooldown. Sure keep fear as it is, but with circle cooldown longer. Now they cant stun lock since both spells are ready as the first wears off. And fighting 2 or more warlocks they can circle barrier and keep a permanent circle out to cut off melee chars until ranged opponents are dead and then melee is chanceless. DKs threads have 30sec cooldown for a way less advantage skill, i say make both threads and barrier cooldown 20secs.

Warlock is decent balanced againt other ranged since they have the cut back off 1yard on most skills. But even shaman is more balanced againt melee, atleast barbs and DKs have a chance to break quake, if their skills are up.

Cooldown increase on barrier have always been my stand point.

one of best solution i heard so far , same with this dk threads skill cooldown , its annoying wait 30sec for cooldown -.-

In my experience playing warlock is need a long time to kite melee, it seems that i should attack more than 10 times to DK/BD, but once melee caught me by hamstring or Thread, i suddenly dead, its like melee have chance to beat range class just a few hit.

I'm sure warlock to be a weakest class in warspear if Developer will increase cooldown. I just remember when pvp with druid, the most blowing adrenaline, but if Developer increases warlock's skill cooldown, warlock will be a chicken for all ranged class.