Costume Creation Constest?!

Registered

Do you think Warspear should hold a "Costume Creation" Contest?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think Warspear should hold a "Costume Creation" Contest?

• Yes
    • No

Hi WarSpearians!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Holiday. :)

I have been harboring this idea for a while, and I have seen suggestions that closely relate in other posts. I know that players have grown tiresome of the current costume options, and many would like to see some change. Being that people have different style choices, and concepts I thought that a "Costume Creation" Contest would be a perfect way to give players an opportunity to share their ideals. I have already attempted created an example of a costume entry. The costume I created was inspired by Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead. Courtesy of Nubpie who gave the costume suggestion.

Опубликованное фото

This costume is intended for female characters.

The base I used was from a PC screen shot so the pixels are much larger than normal. I did minor alterations here and there, but stuck to the basic structure of the base. For those who did not notice, I also put on make-up and gave her blue eyes. I did this for added fun, and originality.

I do not want to prolong this post with all of the details of the contest. However, I will list some of the main rules/requirements that I think should be incorporated if considered

RULES/Requirements:

• ONLY 1 Entry per person
  • ONLY 2 Costumes per entry
  • If you decide to create 2 Costumes you must make ONLY 1 for each gender. (i.e. 1 Female and 1 Male Costume)
  • The nature of your costume(s) must NOT be extremely provocative, or revealing; as well as, offense in any way.
  • Costume entries must realistically meet the provisions of pixel art within WS. (e.g. No dramatically smooth lines)
  • Drawings are accepted with an entry, but must include a pixelated version that is transferred onto the base. [...]
This contest is unofficial. If anyone is interested in the "Costume Creation" Contest, and would like me to post the character pixel bases please say so in your comment.

ALSO CAST YOUR VOTE!

Additional Info: I am not particularly familiar with pixel art. I would like to add that I am not a PROFESSIONAL, and have not done anything art related in ages. I am stating this to encourage players who would otherwise detour from things that would require them to show some artistic ability.

P.S. Thanks WS GMs for the event costumes they were all AWESOME!

[update] Date: 12/27/2012 Time: 04:16 AM CST

Here are a list of FREE programs that you can use to create your costumes:

Using the original Paint Programs that initially come with your computer is fine; however, your editing tools are limited. GIMP is a bit more advanced than the regular Paint Program, and it allows you to create layers. This is also the program I used to create my costume. As far as I know, they only have a Windows installer, but it comes in many languages. All in all, you can achieve basically the same result with either program or any program of your choice.

If anyone has any other questions, suggestions, or programs that are not listed please leave a reply. ;)

[update] Date: 12/29/2012 Time: 12:56 PM CST

REWARD

Here are some ideas pertaining the "Rewards" criteria.

I think because we have several servers that it would be fair for each Server to have a Front Runner. The Front Runner(s) would represent each Server, and from there a final vote would be made for the best overall costume. [Example]

I still think all the First place entries from each Server should be compiled into the game.

The ideas concerning the reward is still at question. I do not want to get ahead of myself. Lol.  :)

honestly I m pretty much in love with those costumes ..... :lol: nice suggest!!

I want that school dress.it looks like my favorite Japs anime dress.

I just wish that dress should be in game.

wish you all the best.

:yahoo: cool. Please tell me application name i want to make dress for my druid. Hehehe

Here you are Katerine. ;) Enjoy and Have fun.

Using the original Paint Programs that initially come with your computer is fine; however, your editing tools are limited. GIMP is a bit more advanced than the regular Paint Program, and it allows you to create layers. This is also the program I used to create my costume. As far as I know, they only have a Windows installer, but it comes in many languages. All in all, you can achieve basically the same result with either program or any program of your choice.

If anyone has any other questions, suggestions, or programs that are not listed please leave a reply. ;)

Hi WarSpearians!

I hope everyone had an enjoyable Holiday. :)

I have been harboring this idea for a while, and I have seen suggestions that closely relate in other posts. I know that players have grown tiresome of the current costume options, and many would like to see some change. Being that people have different style choices, and concepts I thought that a "Costume Creation" Contest would be a perfect way to give players an opportunity to share their ideals. I have already attempted created an example of a costume entry. The costume I created was inspired by Saeko Busujima from Highschool of the Dead. Courtesy of Nubpie who gave the costume suggestion.

Опубликованное фото

This costume is intended for female characters.

The base I used was from a PC screen shot so the pixels are much larger than normal. I did minor alterations here and there, but stuck to the basic structure of the base. For those who did not notice, I also put on make-up and gave her blue eyes. I did this for added fun, and originality.

I do not want to prolong this post with all of the details of the contest. However, I will list some of the main rules/requirements that I think should be incorporated if considered

RULES/Requirements:

• ONLY 1 Entry per person
  • ONLY 2 Costumes per entry
  • If you decide to create 2 Costumes you must make ONLY 1 for each gender. (i.e. 1 Female and 1 Male Costume)
  • The nature of your costume(s) must NOT be extremely provocative, or revealing; as well as, offense in any way.
  • Costume entries must realistically meet the provisions of pixel art within WS. (e.g. No dramatically smooth lines)
  • Drawings are accepted with an entry, but must include a pixelated version that is transferred onto the base. [...]
This contest is unofficial. If anyone is interested in the "Costume Creation" Contest, and would like me to post the character pixel bases please say so in your comment.

ALSO CAST YOUR VOTE!

Additional Info: I am not particularly familiar with pixel art. I would like to add that I am not a PROFESSIONAL, and have not done anything art related in ages. I am stating this to encourage players who would otherwise detour from things that would require them to show some artistic ability.

P.S. Thanks WS GMs for the event costumes they were all AWESOME!

What is reward?

What is reward?

Well because this was just an idea, and not really official I didn't want to state any rewards. Although, my thoughts for the rewards consisted of the winning costume(s) being implemented in the game.

As far as currency rewards, I am at a lost. I guess a Miracle Coin reward would be a nice addition. Given to the winner(s), and runner(s) up.

Still not 100%.  :unknw:

Edit:

So that this Contest Suggestion isn't limited to just the English speaking Servers, may some one be kind enough to translate this? PM me with the most accurate translation if possible so I can post this for the other Servers. Please & Thank you! :blush:

So that this Contest Suggestion isn't limited to just the English speaking Servers, may some one be kind enough to translate this? PM me with the most accurate translation if possible so I can post this for the other Servers. Please & Thank you! :blush:

Best idea would be to translate to russian for their forum section.

There is a few online translators. Google translator as an example.

http://translate.google.com

wow... i never think about this :good: u hav a great suggestion ;D

it should be fun if our costum design can be used for the game ;D ...

another H.S.O.T.D fans !? hey ! im here too ;D

and really good design u got there :good:

if this contest is really2 held by the devs i will design a Kirito's Sword Art Online costume ;D or maybe Haseo's .hack//G.U costume ;D

nice idea pal ! really nice ! ;D i hope devs really2 hear your opinions :good: :good:

Best idea would be to translate to russian for their forum section.

There is a few online translators. Google translator as an example.

http://translate.google.com

Yea THANKS!  :)  I took your advice, and posted a Russian translation on their forums. I hope it was pretty accurate.  :unknw:

wow... i never think about this :good: u hav a great suggestion ;D

it should be fun if our costum design can be used for the game ;D ...

another H.S.O.T.D fans !? hey ! im here too ;D

and really good design u got there :good:

if this contest is really2 held by the devs i will design a Kirito's Sword Art Online costume ;D or maybe Haseo's .hack//G.U costume ;D

nice idea pal ! really nice ! ;D i hope devs really2 hear your opinions :good: :good:

Lol THANKS! Yea actually my friend is the H.S O T D fan. Lol She suggested the outfit.  ;D  Also, that is a wonderful idea I just recently started watching SAO. I have a wonderful idea for a guys outfit, but I need a base for the male character.

May some one please be kind enough to post a MALE character base. In order to make a clean base you must:

Make sure your player has NOTHING equipped.

The best way to get a 360 screen shot all at once I used the Hair Color window and took two snap shots. One shot of the body inhaling, and the other of it exhaling. I still may end up doing this myself, but I thought I should ask.  :blush:

Thanks again everyone for the comments! ;)

It's too funny, when you send to our forum a text, which was tranclated in google.  ;D

Yea I know I tried to make it for everyone lol. Sorry if it's inaccurate. I tried. :blush: :unknw: :fool: