Normal  } Tower

Hard

LMFAO  Laugh My ♥♥♥♥ing Ass Off

LMAO    Laugh My Ass Off

PVP        Player Versus Player

BR          Brazil

Sign        Sign of Imperishability

KW          Killing Whisper (Armor)

SD          Sudden Doom (Powerfull Lvl 18 Weapons)

Map 2    Irselnort

Mc          Mountain Clans (Faction)

Mcs        Miracle Coins

CC          Crimson Corundum

AP            Arena Points

GP            Guild Points

I dont know all Shortforms in game. So pls post the shortforms you know and i forgot. :-)

There're a lot, no need to remember them but here're 2 sites that can help you:

http://onlineslangdictionary.com/thesaurus/words+meaning+acronyms+(list+of).html

Good luck!

Kota : Kotaravva

Ty : Thank you

pm : Private message

wc : welcome

Wtb : well-tried blade/baton/bow

GT : Guiding Thread

DD : Divine Defence

VS : Violent Storm

Accu : Accuracy

Atk : Attack

Pene : Penetration

Crit : Critical

Def : Defence

Acc : Account

tchat : trade chat

Ham : hamstring

Inv : Invite

pt : party

Tc : take care

xbow/cbow : cross bow

Those are shortforms what i knew...

PS : for addition of your list, dieinpiece

Kota : Kotaravva

Ty : Thank you

pm : Private message

wc : welcome

Wtb : well-tried blade/baton/bow

GT : Guiding Thread

DD : Divine Defence

VS : Violent Storm

Accu : Accuracy

Atk : Attack

Pene : Penetration

Crit : Critical

Def : Defence

Acc : Account

tchat : trade chat

Ham : hamstring

Inv : Invite

pt : party

Tc : take care

xbow/cbow : cross bow

Those are shortforms what i knew...

PS : for addition of your list, dieinpiece

Fixed 2 of them.

Here are some more:

Char : Character

Eu : Europe

Wpn : Weapon

ss : screenshot / scatter shot

s/t : sell or trade

Qst : Quest

gs : Garr Shag

gg : Granite Guard

aa : Animated Armor

ms or mshop : miracle shop

Dc : Disconnect

KW : Killing Whisper

bg : Berengar Guards

Np : No problem

Dq : Daily quest

Amp : Amplify

• 3 months later...

AE:

Area Effect. Used to refer to area-effect spells or abilities. E.g. fireball, smoke grenade (gouge for rogues in Warspear)

AFK:

Away from keyboard

AGRO:

As a verb, it refers to a hostile mob that has noticed a player and is actively trying to attack that player. As a noun, it refers to the amount of “hostility” the player has generated on the mob. In typical combat strategy, the fighter tries to take as much aggro as possible away from weaker players such as healers and mages.

ALT:

Short for “alternate”. It refers to the alternate character a player has from their main character. This is not a stable category as sometimes alts can out level mains and sometimes mains become moth-balled.

AOE:

Same as AE. Area of Effect.

Attribute:

E.g. Strength, Constitution, Dexterity, Intelligence, etc.

Bind

In certain MMOs, characters are teleported back to a safe spot when they die. This spot is predetermined by the user. The act of determining the safe spot requires an explicit action by the user. That action is known as a bind. The spot is typically referred to as a bind spot.

BoE

Short for “bind on equip” –  This term refers to items that become soulbound to the player after they have been equipped. In other words, the item can be traded as long as no one equips it.

BoP

Short for “bind on pickup” – This term refers to items that become soulbound to the player after it has been picked up from a monster. In other words, the item cannot be traded once a player picks it up. BoP items commonly cause looting conflicts and disputes during game-play.

BRB

"be right back”

Bot

Generally illegal and discouraged form of gameplay, where actions of a character can be automated to perform actions repeatedly in order to gain experience and level without actual user intervention. This practice is continually monitored by GMs and will cause suspension of service if one is suspected of botting.

BRT

"be right there”

BTW

"by the way”

Buff

Temporary boost to character attribute or combat ability

Camp(ing)

The act of waiting in an area to hunt a specific mob or player.

Class

Professional archetypes. These would be warrior, healer, rogue and mage. The most typical class types are: close-range damage, ranged damage, healing, crowd control, support.

Cleric

Typical healing class in fantasy games.

Corpse

In certain MMOs, a corpse appears where the player died. Sometimes all the player’s items and money are left on the corpse and the player is teleported back to their bind spot. Corpses typically will decay after a certain time proportional the character’s level.

Corpse Run

The act of retrieving your corpse after you have died. This is typically a dangerous thing because people tend to die in dangerous places rather than safe places.

Crafting

A general category of skills that allows players to manufacture objects from raw resources

Crit

"To crit” refers to landing a critical hit either with melee or spells. Effective damage is usually increased from a base of 150% to upwards of 250% with extra talents/skills/buffs.

Crowd Control

Refers to a set of spells / abilities that temporarily paralyze or stun other mobs or players. Crowd control is an important group support ability when fighting multiple mobs or players.

DD

Direct Damage. Used to refer to a class of spells and abilities that allow players to damage enemies from a distance. The firebolt is the archetypal DD.

Debuff

The opposite of a buff. An offensive spell cast on enemies that weakens an attribute or combat ability.

Dex

An important stat for rogues and archers. Dex usually relates to attack speed, dodge rate, and/or defense.

Dirt Nap

Slang for dead. Most corpses lie on the ground when killed.

DoT

Damage over time. Refers to a class of spells that deals damage over a period of time. These spells typically do more damage than DD spells overall.

DPS

Damage per second. Used when figuring out weapon speed and damage.

Druid

Hybrid class in D&D style games – part healer, part support, part fighter.

Eating Grass

Vernacular for dead. Most players lie on the ground face down when killed.

Epic(s)

A class of items or equipment that are very powerful and difficult to acquire. Usually found in the hardest dungeons and have the lowest probability to drop.

Experience (XP)

A quantity gained when completing tasks/quests, killing mobs, or discovering new locations in games. Characters  level up when they gain enough experience points.

Farm(ing)

The act of accumulating currency or items by constantly killing a mob or repeatedly performing a series of actions.

FTL

Acronym meaning ‘for the lose’. Similar to FTW but refers to a failture. For example, ‘afk FTL : ( ‘ meaning the player’s afk status caused him or her to lose.

Gank

(important to understand from all players of warspear!)

Verb. To be ganked is a term referring to one player being overwhelmed and killed by a large group. Can be either by a group of other players doing player-kill or a group of NPC monsters. Used in a sentence, “I got ganked yesterday in Fel.” Typically has the connotation that the other people had an unfair advantage (in number or level) Gank is with a group vs 1.

GM

Game Master. GM’s are characters in an MMORPG who are used by employees of the game’s creator company. They monitor the actions of the game world and answer the questions and complaints of the players. They have absolute control and power within the game. If the crime (breaking a law of the game, not the real world) committed is serious enough, they could even expel players permanently from the game.

Griefer

Title for a player who enjoys inflicting pain upon other players needlessly. If you kill newbies in a PvP game when you are level 22, from the victimization beyond the pure joy of knowing you have given the player “grief.” Though griefers are almost always PKers, PKers are not necessarily griefers.

Guilds

Semi-permanent player groups. In typical games, players must use a substantial amount of capital to start the guild.

GTG

“good to go” and “got to go” – can be confusing when context is unclear

Heal

A spell or skill that restores the health of the target. Could also be a call for help. If a player yells ‘heal me’ or even ‘heal!’ it means they are about to die unless another player restores their health.

Health (HP)

A common attribute, also called hit points or HP, that signifies the character’s life. Usually when health runs out, a player dies.

IMHO

Simply means ‘in my humble opinion.’

INC

Abbreviation for ‘incoming’. When a player pulls for a group, he will use this as warning that a mob or player(s) is incoming.

IRL

Stands for ‘in real life.’

Instance

A copy of a particular dungeon for a group of players. Instanced dungeons are parallel worlds which let different groups of players explore the same dungeon in separate groups. (like astral labyrinth)

JK

Short for ‘just kidding.’ Popular in most online chat environments including MMORPGs.

K / KK / Kay

All variants have the same meaning: okay. Used to confirm a statement made by another player. Example: “Can I have this loot? K.”

Kite

To lure a mob or player around while attacking or allowing allies to attack. A player usually draws aggro by casting a mobility reduction spell on the target. The monster tries to follow the target but cannot catch up, leaving it open to attacks or the effects of DoT (damage over time) spells.

KoS

Acronym for “Kill on Sight”. Usually refers to characters who are disliked by a particular faction. E.g., “I killed too many guards, now I’m KoS in town!”

- 1/2

Kill Stealing. When one player attacks the same creature as another player and receives the reward for the kill instead of the person who originated combat. Newer games have mechanisms for discouraging this behavior.

LD

Link dead – when a player is disconnected from the game, usually caused by lag or a faulty internet connection.

Leet

Slang for “elite” Ex: ‘I’m leet’

LFG

“looking for group” Used in a sentence; “Lvl 20 mage LFG!”

LFM

“looking for more”, i.e., after a group has been formed and more members are needed.

LFT

“looking for team”

LMAO

"laugh(ing) my ass off”

LOM

‘Low on Mana.’ Usually said by casters to inform the rest of the group that they are running low on mana and should not expect heavy healing or offensive spells.

LoS

Line of sight. A requirement of most ranged abilities,  the view of the target must not be obstructed by any fixed obstacle such as a wall.

Loot

Currency or items that are dropped by a mob when it’s defeated.

Medding

Resting in order to gain back mana in EQ was called Meditating. This is the commonly used abbreviation, also shortened to Med, as in, “Don’t pull yet, I need to med.”

Mez

Short for mesmerize. A short-hand for a collection of abilities that temporarily stun or immobilize enemies. Falls into the more general category known as crowd control.

Min-Maxing

When players attempt to create their characters as powerful as they can be by crunching statistics, planning their future routes, and any other methods in order to make their characters the statistically best character possible. Optimization.

MMORPG

Massively-Multiplayer Online Role-Playing Game

Mob

An AI controlled monster. ‘Mob’ originally comes from the MUD era, where it was short for ‘mobile’, to differentiate monsters that would patrol a set of rooms as opposed to monsters which would stay in one place until killed.

Mod

Abbreviation of modification. Used as both a verb and a noun. As a noun, refers to add-ons by 3rd party programmers designed to augment the game (e.g., the self-cast mod). As a verb, refers to the act of performing this modification (e.g., he’s modding the interface).

MOO

MUD Object Oriented. Users in MOOs are able to create their own content – both static and dynamic objects.

MT

"mistell”. Mistells occur frequently because of typing in the wrong name before sending a message. Also because of auto-reply features.

Mule

In many games, due to long travel times or inventory limits, it is helpful to create a character explicitly for the purpose of being able to check auction houses or store extra items. These characters are seldom actually played and are referred to as mules.

Nerf

To reduce the power of an ability, item, player, or action. Usually this is a term applied when a power or ability is reduced because it is perceived to be too powerful. Mostly used in the past tense, for example – “I can’t believe they nerfed rogues again, now I can’t kill anything!”

A new player to a particular game. Newbie is usually the nicer version of noob or nub.

Noob

The pejorative form of newbie.

NP

"no problem”

NPC

Non-player character ie. a character controlled by the A.I

Nuke

A spell type that deals the highest damage.

OMG

“oh my god” Used in exclamation or to convey surprise.

OMW

"on my way”

OOM

"out of mana” Said by casters who’s mana supply is depleted.

Pat

Short for patrol, a term used for mobs that have a set wandering path. In a dungeon, people will usually say “Wait for the pat” or “Watch the pat”.

PB

Point blank. Used to refer to a class of spells that originates in a radius around the caster. Typically, these spells are dangerous to the caster because they require proximity to the enemy. Specific spells are typically concatenated with the ability, i.e. pbae mez, pbae stun.

PC

Player Character.

PK

Player Killing.

PKer

Player Killer – a person who primarily plays to kill other players.

Port

Short for teleport. Used as a noun and a verb.

Power LevelWhen a higher level player tries to help a lower level player level faster. Most games have mechanisms that prevent power leveling.

PuG

Pick up Group – a group assembled on the spot for a quest, a PvP battle, or an instance raid.

Pull

A standard hunting strategy where a player lures a single or a group of mobs to the group so that the group can hunt from a safe area instead of hunting in areas where new mobs may spawn.

PvE

Player vs. Environment. Environment stands for all monsters (mobs) in the game world.

PvP

Player vs. Player combat like 1vs1, 2vs2, 3vs3, 5vs5 etc. Many people confuse the meaning of gank in a pvp.

Raid

A more substantial engagement involving a large organized group of players typically set in a dungeon and involving difficult bosses.

Regen

Short for regeneration of health, mana, or other attributes. Also a common healing spell.

ROFL

"rolling on floor laughing” Usually said in response to a joke or funny situation. “ROFL he got killed by a lowbie!”

RogueA common class archetype that relies on speed and stealth over brute force or spells. Variants of this class are found in all genres but in slightly different names such as; thief, agent, or assassin.

Root

Can refer to a class of abilities as well as its effect. A root spell immobilizes a target. The target is then said to be rooted. Early versions of these abilities involved references to plants, hence “root”.

RvR

Realm vs. Realm. A type of player vs player combat that involves large numbers of players who belong to different factions or realms.

Solo

The act of playing alone, hunting mobs or players (pvp) by yourself.

Spawn

Mobs typically appear (spawn) on a given schedule. This is both a verb and noun.

Stun

A typical form of crowd control that immobilizes an enemy. Skills, spells, and other abilities may have the power to stun.

Tank

As a noun, refers to character classes that can take a lot of damage. As a verb, refers to the act of drawing aggro from mobs before other team members strike with their abilities.

Twink

As a verb, the act of giving currency or valuable items to a newbie. As a noun, refers to a character that is twinked. In many games, twinked characters are visually marked by their level-inappropriate gear. (like a lvl 6, 10, 14, 18, 20 arena character)

Uber

Slang form of super from the German word. Ex: “Dude this sword is UBER!”

WB

"welcome back”

Wipe

To “wipe” means for the entire group whether party or raid to all die. However, party or raid can only continue if there is a class that can resurrect oneself, thereby avoiding the time consumed from running back from the the graveyard and regrouping at the beginning of the instance.

WOOT

Synonymous with “hooray” or “way to go”.

WTB

"want to buy”

WTGAbbreviation of ‘way to go.’ Meant to provide encouragement but often used in sarcasm. Example: “I just died again to this boss!” “WTG, nub!”

Xp

Short for experience points. Often earned by killing monsters, completing quests, or other achievements. When enough xp is acquired, players often level up or become stronger.

Zerg

A combat strategy where a large group of players rush in at the target. Seen as a simple-minded strategy that requires no skill.

Zone

In games where different areas of the world are parceled out for loading reasons, different areas are referred to.

Well, i hope thos may help some people on their way for understanding those terms whenever a player use this in messages or shows in action  :give_rose:

If any questions, i would like to hear any question :)

lisaluv, use search option next time. :)

Apart that, I think it will help alot of people.

okey sis :P but its not only meant by shortcut but also the meaning about the word

Like explaining the meaning of gank :P but thanks ladygi, i didnt knew there was another topic like this :o haha somtimes i can be silly  :blush:

But thank you mrs gi sistah  :yahoo: i like to help some ^^

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

BR = Brazil

gb=grand britain

pl= poland

cz=chezh (tf to spell)

ru= russian

hu= hungary

vt= vietnam

ro= roman

gr?= german

fr = france

sk=slovakian

ok ill stop

............................................________

....................................,.-‘”...................``~.,

.............................,.-”...................................“-.,

.........................,/...............................................”:,

.....................,?......................................................\,

.................../...........................................................,}

................./......................................................,:`^`..}

.............../...................................................,:”........./

..............?.....__.........................................:`.........../

............./__.(.....“~-,_..............................,:`........../

.........../(_....”~,_........“~,_....................,:`........_/

..........{.._$;_......”=,_.......“-,_.......,.-~-,},.~”;/....}

...........((.....*~_.......”=-._......“;,,./`..../”............../

...,,,___.\`~,......“~.,....................`.....}............../

............(....`=-,,.......`........................(......;_,,-”

............/.`~,......`-...............................\....../\

.............\`~.*-,.....................................|,./.....\,__

,,_..........}.>-._\...................................|..............`=~-,

.....`=~-,_\_......`\,.................................\

...................`=~-,,.\,...............................\

................................`:,,...........................`\..............__

.....................................`=-,...................,%`>--==``

........................................_\..........._,-%.......`\

Easy

Normal  } Tower  garden nadir?

heroic didnt come out there

Hard

Heroic

I dont know all Shortforms in game. So pls post the shortforms you know and i forgot. :-)