Old devs vs New devs?

Djfromhell

Adding Ayvondil killed player density, making it seem that there are fewer players. Full scale wars are an event now. Oh, how I missed Kjlimo's wars and the Demonologist Wars.

• 2 weeks later...

Development of the game is just fine and dandy for the most parts.

Devs are just lacking good communication with the community.

>player suggests: whining.

>player complains: whining.

>player asks: whining.

sorry, what?

It is pretty obvious what he had said. And true.

I have actually never seen you regard to any suggestions made here.

Everytime a problem with the game is revealed there is always some of you there saying it is only whining, even if it is a real problem

And before dear Roland you come and say I am whining, well I am not.

Not a single remarkable suggestion is taken into consideration by devs no matter how much players like it.

Fixes take way too long to be done even after lots of reports and "whines". One big example is Counterattack.

I might have sounded too offensive though, if I may rephrase my statement:

In my opinion, devs don't have that much of a good and caring communication with the community, and it could be improved.

If they made it a priority project it would've been added long ago.

Or maybe they have got some other projects as priority and making a project is not so simple as "we" think?

The contest was about a new boss, probably a raid boss, which will have a few phases and better AI than

the others, that was atleast the goal. The winner boss was something completely new, you don't add something

like that right away. Ayvondil isn't even complete yet and you already want to add another isle? Because that's

what I think the boss will go to. The last Ayvo region will be a underwater one, it doesn't suit the boss that won (maybe),

so, where would you put it? Assuming that it's a contest winner they want to do something original and spectacular.

Ever since they announced that contest till now, we have seen tens of new bosses. What was the excuse?

In this case, the first thing that comes in my mind is that they have an already clear plan of the ayvondil bosses and new zones, and they cannot change everything just because of a won contest.

Besides, they didn't say it would have taken 1 update to add the boss created by Vera_Z, so I guess they will have future plans for thay boss, which might take over 1 year. Rushing in updates might cause the loss of the interest in a way more fast time. "Delaying" them keeps the interest of it high.

Still, I can't wait for the boss to come, but I am quite patient about it. I wish I could pass you some of it bro. :(

You didn't get my point.

My point is that mod-player communication is bad even when players try to improve the game, the boss thing is just one example, it's not like I want it right now.

The thing is that such events is such a great way to improve this communication with the community (I'm glad that they did it again with costumes), but they still didn't do the boss as if they don't care, which is bothering me along with other stuff like the sudden absence of Aigrind Hotline, and the way of mod-player communication in forums and other social media, like sometimes in Facebook and Playstore reviews.(To be fair I like the weekly Screen shot mini game in Facebook which also helps improving the game)

So I'm pretty patient about it, but if there is something that you can do to improve the community and the game at the same time, then do it ffs especially that it was promised before like what? 2 years ago?

And for its place in the game, I don't see where the problem is, it could be made a dungeon boss (heroic cc), it could be in Secret Sanctuaries, it even could be random event boss, for God's sake it doesn't have to fit Warspear's storyline. Sticking too strictly to the storyline is limiting a lot of the fun possibilities for the game.

Edited by Gladiator

You didn't get my point.

My point is that mod-player communication is bad even when players try to improve the game, the boss thing is just one example, it's not like I want it right now.

The thing is that such events is such a great way to improve this communication with the community (I'm glad that they did it again with costumes), but they still didn't do the boss as if they don't care, which is bothering me along with other stuff like the sudden absence of Aigrind Hotline, and the way of mod-player communication in forums and other social media, like sometimes in Facebook and Playstore reviews.(To be fair I like the weekly Screen shot mini game in Facebook which also helps improving the game)

So I'm pretty patient about it, but if there is something that you can do to improve the community and the game at the same time, then do it ffs especially that it was promised before like what? 2 years ago?

And for its place in the game, I don't see where the problem is, it could be made a dungeon boss (heroic cc), it could be in Secret Sanctuaries, it even could be random event boss, for God's sake it doesn't have to fit Warspear's storyline. Sticking too strictly to the storyline is limiting a lot of the fun possibilities for the game.

Nope, that's awful. A whole contest, the creator put a lot of work into and it is supposed

to be just a dg boss or a sancutary boss? That's not remarkable at all, should be something

bigger.

As for other stuff I'm getting your point.

Oh I got it now too bro.

But I really doubt that they won't keep the word given. It's annoying to say, but I can't say anything else than "Let's wait a bit". :good:

Nope, that's awful. A whole contest, the creator put a lot of work into and it is supposed

to be just a dg boss or a sancutary boss? That's not remarkable at all, should be something

bigger.

Lel what do you think it's gonna be? A whole map with specially designed quests and theme?

Ahhhh it always seems that R0land attracts the worst of the crying noobs. They complain about how their suggeestions are not heard when many suggestions are flat out stupid. AIgrind, as im aware, is a relatively small team. They likely dont have the funds or resources that a bigger company has so taking player suggestions has a greater risk factor. This is why suggestions regarding a complete change in the games basic functions or mcoin related stuff is crazy. People always say the game has gotten worse but thay's just annoying "90's kid" mentality.

On an unrelated question for R0land(or any dev): How popular/well known is AIgrind/Warspear in Russia? Would it be something that the casual gamers know about?

On an unrelated question for R0land(or any dev): How popular/well known is AIgrind/Warspear in Russia? Would it be something that the casual gamers know about?

not very much, to be honest. Our game is very niche, especially for mobile gamers.

It's rather hardcore for casual/midcore gamers and not very complex for those, who like them classic mmo rpgs.

But still Russian audience is the biggest in the game.

Ahhhh it always seems that R0land attracts the worst of the crying noobs. They complain about how their suggeestions are not heard when many suggestions are flat out stupid. AIgrind, as im aware, is a relatively small team. They likely dont have the funds or resources that a bigger company has so taking player suggestions has a greater risk factor. This is why suggestions regarding a complete change in the games basic functions or mcoin related stuff is crazy. People always say the game has gotten worse but thay's just annoying "90's kid" mentality.

So basically you didn't read anything else I said besides the suggestion part.

Also I'm not talking about my suggestions, there are many good suggestions, I don't really care much about mine.

Small company that can't afford to consider player's suggestions? I don't think that's the excuse. Delete the freaking suggestions thread then.

Small company that can't afford to consider player's suggestions? I don't think that's the excuse. Delete the freaking suggestions thread then.

just not very interested in all this whining.

We are considering every given suggestion on this forum, but we also have OUR plan, OUR script, OUR design and OUR thoughts.

This is OUR game made for you. Don't like it? Don't play it. Last time I checked there are a lot of game in application stores.

And this is also the last time I answer this kind of messages.

Edited by r0land

Lel what do you think it's gonna be? A whole map with specially designed quests and theme?

A raid boss with maybe a quest chain to it? Not a whole map lol. You said sancutary/dg.

I haven't seen anybody doing that quest for ages, and a 1m+ hp boss suddenly appearing

there would be odd. A dg boss with 3 phases? 1 hour dungeon I assume.

If you can only love on Valentine's day, don't love at all. Actually, on this day, break-ups are outstandingly common, even more than on any other days in the year.

What I want to add to this dispute, is that Roland is right in a way. You make this game, you make the rules, you have the plans. You decide about what gets in it.

What Gladiator says also has truth in it. This game is an antique. It's outdated, older players have no motivation to join. There is no player-developer communication and we only see "Magnificent discount" or "Cool update for high level and pay-to-win players".

Being a small company is not really an excuse, small teams are usually more active and eager to listen to players than big ones. Or at least usually that's my experience.

The thing is, guys, that you are slow. With everything. Updates, fixes, support. Players don't care about you being small. If you jumped into a huge project like Warspear Online, no excuses are accepted.

Or if you can't keep up with the growing community and demands, stop supporting the game, and abandon it.

Why do you care so much? If you're so convinced that the developers don't listen to their players, why not just accept it as a fact and move on? It's just a mobile game.

If you're complaining just make your own game, see how easy it is to put your limited funds and resources into risky suggestions.

If you're complaining just make your own game, see how easy it is to put your limited funds and resources into risky suggestions.

Everyone here is stuck at suggestions. Not me nor Gladiator was complaining about it, we just mentioned it.

Just enjoy the game, if u can't just leave it.

Who says I didn't leave it? :D Being here is not the same as playing the game.

If you can only love on Valentine's day, don't love at all. Actually, on this day, break-ups are outstandingly common, even more than on any other days in the year.

What I want to add to this dispute, is that Roland is right in a way. You make this game, you make the rules, you have the plans. You decide about what gets in it.

What Gladiator says also has truth in it. This game is an antique. It's outdated, older players have no motivation to join. There is no player-developer communication and we only see "Magnificent discount" or "Cool update for high level and pay-to-win players".

Being a small company is not really an excuse, small teams are usually more active and eager to listen to players than big ones. Or at least usually that's my experience.

The thing is, guys, that you are slow. With everything. Updates, fixes, support. Players don't care about you being small. If you jumped into a huge project like Warspear Online, no excuses are accepted.

Or if you can't keep up with the growing community and demands, stop supporting the game, and abandon it.

If you notice, it wasn't R0land nor any other mod/admin that used that "excuse".

"If you jumped into a huge project like Warspear Online", I think the major problem here is

that everyone thinks that Ws is the mobile version of WoW. Warspear is a small mmo game

that is cross platform which also wants to be playable on older devices. Yes developement might

seem slow sometimes but that's okay.

A lot of suggestions were just about stuffing stuff into ws that other mmos had/have, yeah don't

wonder if your suggestions aren't considered here, or if they'd be technically demanding.