[Rant] Why do devs hate Paladins?

Gladiator

Good points you made there, respects cuz you know how to argue not like some ppl right above my last post.

All of your points are correct, DK and Barb deserve better defensive skills than Paladin, because they have less damage or AoE control, didn't say otherwise.

But it also makes sense that Paladin gets to be able to tank along with BDs, after all, DK or Barbs can tank alone, BD can't, especially after Counter nerf. So as a Paladin now I need to constantly use Illumination to agro mobs, and when I do, I need to make sure to tank a bit and not die instantly.

Fun fact: Mage with good defense (4k+ without Sun Armor) is as tanky as a Paladin, because of maxed Barrier. But only when it comes to tanking few amount of mobs or a boss, actually even with too many mobs, they steal way too much life if the Mage has good life steal.

And regarding PvP, look how OP Barbs and DKs are in PvP because of the recent PvE-related buffs and skills, so let's not bring PvP into it.

I gave up on asking for defensive skills, devs seem to want Paladin as a second lower damage higher defense Mage for Sentinels, I'm fine with it. But give us the "higher defense" part. And don't tell me you can wear heavy armor, because the skills that mostly define the class and not equipment.

My whole point is, there is no reason anymore to have less HP, other tanks have their own form of healing.

Comparing the whole performance in a party is surely different for all classes. We are talking about a healing skill that causes around 500 base HP loss. And I still see no point in it. If you're gonna give us an advantage and give a disadvantage for it at the same time, I don't know how it is an advantage anymore.

I know it's expensive, and isnt really an answer, but wouldnt life steal + banner be a good combo for tanking?

It is good, no damage skill is bad with life steal, but not comparable to any of Mage's AoE, or even DK's Saturation-Steel Hurricane combo.

Actually you might not know, but Banner is more of a party damage buff than a pure damage skill in dungeon. People get the idea of it being OP because of PvP against full magic Paladins, where it is totally normal in dungeon.

It is good, no damage skill is bad with life steal, but not comparable to any of Mage's AoE, or even DK's Saturation-Steel Hurricane combo.

Actually you might not know, but Banner is more of a party damage buff than a pure damage skill in dungeon. People get the idea of it being OP because of PvP against full magic Paladins, where it is totally normal in dungeon.

DK Saturation-Steel Hurricane is just like Mage skill, but only for 1 time use.. But even with that combo, it's true DK got Full HP Instantly if there a ton of mobs (like in TP Heroic), but that mean nothing cause after that Full HP Heal, A ton of mobs attack you again and u must continue tank again, sometimes DK even dying and must use HP Pot, cause the Heal from Shaman/Necro not enough to cover DMG from the mobs.

Unlike Mage, with amount of mobs in TP, its like they use Full HP Potion all time, 1 skill = Full HP cuz it's hit all mobs at once.. and they have many AoE skills.

Maybe it's true Paladin Banner used more as Control skill to slow down mobs while kiting, but they also just like u said, It's good combo Banner + Life Steal.. with amount of mobs at TP, and u put banner there, the banner dmg is lowered, but at least its still steal like 200HP/ticks? and its up for long time. I don't think there is any problem cause u only tank the 16k HP mobs.. Druid also can put em all to sleep.. With a good organized party, there is no problem. i think :P

About the PvP, Well yeah.. Paladin with Magic Dmg Build is OP in PvP, cuz when banner only focused on 1 target the DMG is insane. Hahaha..

But if you complain it to the Dev, maybe PvP for them is 2x2, 3x3, and 5x5 Arena. Not 1x1.

They might just said "This game is not based on 1v1, if u can't kill Paladin alone, then take your friends to kill them"

Edited by Kelvzs