A system for finding DUNGEON MATES

benjaminbt

The system of finding dungeon mates  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Do you like the idea of a system like this?

• Yes! I want to see this in the game!
    • No, thanks, I'd rather search for people in world chat.

Have you ever played World of Warcraft? Then you probably know the "LFD" (Looking For Dungeon) system. It basically works in the same way as the arena queue here; collects people awaiting for the same level dungeon.

Now. We'd need something similar in Warspear Online too. I'm personally pretty tired of searching people for dungeons by crying out in World Chat for hours. Let's develop a system, where people can see if there is someone else searching for a party for the same dungeon.

Example: I want to make a party for heroic Termitary. I go to Menu>Society>Dungeons, and see if there is a request for that level dungeon. If not, then I click Menu>Create new request, where I can set that I want players for heroic TT, what level and what class players I want. I click "Send", and my request for a party will be available for anyone.

Now. If there is a player who fits the requirements, can click on my request. Let's say he's a necromancer. I will be informed by system that someone wants to join me, I can decide if I want or not. If I accept, the player will join my party. Inmediately, the slot for necromancer will be marked as full, so now necromancers can see that I don't need more of 'em.

If the party gets full, the request gets marked as full, but it stays among the requests until the party enters a dungeon this is for the case if one of the members leave or get kicked, so it is not necessary to re-create the request.

See? It is a pretty convinient feature that makes dungeoning better and easier. I have created a little program in C++ language that simulates this. Not too diffucult method.

So? What do you think?

Edited by BTminBT

• 4 weeks later...

Agreed.

However what about abusive usage?

Like you create a dungeon party like this:

1/1 BD

1/4 Priest

And those are like, the only open dungeons, discriminating not so "useful" classes

(Which is pretty dumb but u get the point)

Edited by Molotow Cocktail

Agreed.

However what about abusive usage?

Like you create a dungeon party like this:

1/1 BD

1/4 Priest

And those are like, the only open dungeons, discriminating not so "useful" classes

(Which is pretty dumb but u get the point)

if u want the dg to last 3stams then go ahead

Or maybe make the search for dungeon more specific, by asking what type of role you play before starting the queue. For example when looking for a dung pt, I as a Paladin would choose tanking role, my matches in the auto finding system should be 2 healers and 2 dmgers or 1 dmger and another tank, depending on the dung.

IMO, dont implement that! Finding people and basically being talkative should be part of this game.

It will turn into clicking a button and steamrolling dungeons, finding and grouping people for it is part of the challenge.

Regarding the example with World of Warcraft, havent you seen all these threads talking about how noone bothers to talk to each other anymore? Traveling and entering the dungeon with people you found is part of the progress

IMO, dont implement that! Finding people and basically being talkative should be part of this game.

It will turn into clicking a button and steamrolling dungeons, finding and grouping people for it is part of the challenge.

Regarding the example with World of Warcraft, havent you seen all these threads talking about how noone bothers to talk to each other anymore? Traveling and entering the dungeon with people you found is part of the progress

It's completely true. However, it is not the system's problem people don't talk to each other. I think Warspear Online and WoW are a bit different in this. In WoW players seem to be NPCs, they basically never talk, or if they do, only in using plain expressions like "k" or "y". I have found only very few talkative players. In WS however, if you just message a random person, they will most likely answer. Also, WS's world chat is always full. I don'think a convinient feature like this would ruin the whole thing. It's just a matter of attitude.

Agree .. but instead make it like this...

if youre the one making requests == menu>>society>>> dungeon >>>send requests >>(list of dgs)>>>make request party

if youre looking for a dg requests and plan to join === menu >> society >> dungeon >>> see requests >>> (list of requests)>>>join (by sending a request and waits for the party leader "accept")

then instead of saying that you will request a dg quest with classes you want ,instead let the people send a request on that menu and you will see the list of people who send request and click "accept"

then about the notification... it will look like a notif same we see if we see on rare crafts.... (ex.. Termtiary Dungeon request party .... blah blah blah)

just my idea...

but the problem is that it only applies to dg.. how about t3 bosses... or ponti... satraps .. etc... its a hard change so better shout/spam at world chat, pm your friends,.. much easier

• 2 weeks later...

So hosting an open party to join and the slots have certain spots and lvl for that class to join. Or class requirement. Including a search for random party or a hosr to join DG or quest. I can go on...

System could implement a procedure similar to areana grouping.Instead of launching into another map to battle 5x5 it just makes a party. With a leader like normal, then everyone can meet up at the designated dungeon of their own accord. Shouting/spamming world chat everytime my chat ban ends is quite infuriating .