Best skill build for sham?

whiszo

On my sham I put 3 ball, 5 heal, 1 earth, 2 blinde, and 2 quake. (Lvl 15 as of now, planning to lvl sham to 18) Was wondering if I should tweak my skill build?

AT lvl 18 i would say go for 5 heal , 4 Blind , 4 Earthquake. If u aren't so good at placing earthquakes then go for 5 heal , 3 Ball , 5 Blind (or as ur skills say , up ur blind till u are lvl 18)

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

my build at level 22

1 ball

5 heal

5 blind

1 earth protection

3 earthquake

3 lightning shield

2 fire totem

1 ancestors hand

i suggest full upgrade fire totem and earthquake  :blush:

I think level 22 - 5 light ball , 5 heal , 4 light blast , 3shield ..... quake not good for me have much miss  :blush:

but earthquake is useful against melee fighter and tanker. ::)

• 1 month later...

Why ppl ignore ball ? Mine  5 ball 5 heal 3 eq    eq important more than blind  more time and dmg blind good for melee attacks only

u think after put skill points into offensive skills and this would be good? lol

• 1 year later...

but earthquake is useful against melee fighter and tanker. ::)

Quake isn't worth lvling for PvP vs melee. Blind them ran back a little quake when they start heading towards you. Run back a little then blind then reapeat u can keep any melee off u with lvl 1 quake. If anything only put 2 into it

• 2 weeks later...

This feed is truly giving zero info, I want eq because of aoe and stun + dmg, then I hear it fails... Blind seems very just 1v1 so I think that is best for pvp, Im trying for a PVE shaman, 5 heal and 5 Eprotect my mind tells me that I just go eq but if it fails all the time its a waste of skill points, would giving blind 2 and eq 3 be so bad? Im not a PVP shaman, PVP is for mcoiners.

Earthquake doesn't fail, it depends on server lag or whatever, Sometimes I put quake where they were rather than where they are and it hits.

If you're going to be a PvE shaman, I would recommend 5/5 heal, 5/5 earth shield, 3/5 blind, 4/4 healing totem, and 3/4 fire totem. Shamans shouldn't ever take aggro from tank in dungeons and quake doesn't work consistently on red crown bosses so don't worry about quake. This skill build helps you keep the entire party alive with healing totem, regular heal, and earth shield. You level blind to get any mob off of you for a few seconds and level fire totem to 3/4 for the extra damage. You can take the points from blind to put into quake or take points away from fire totem to put into quake or blind. There isn't necessarily a cookie cutter build for anything with shamans because we are the only class that can heal, deal significant damage, and have some decent CC. There are many different builds that work with different gear combinations for different PvE situations so I would just experiment with what works for you and go from there. I'm just saying that this build is the best I have used to PvE with my shaman. PvE and PvP builds have so much variability and a lot of them work just fine. Don't even get me started on PvP.

TL;DR - Play what you like because it's your shaman at the end of the day.

• 1 month later...

Lightning Blast lv 5/5 vs Earth Protection lv 5/5, which better?

If shaman def is 4k, earth protection 5/5 give bonus +50% def, 4k + 2k = 6k. Wow, its like barbarian and deathknight. Hohoho

Or I choose Lightning Blast lv 5/5 who can make the enemy run more longer?

Edited by Whiteholy

• 10 months later...

Hi Guys, Im new here and I wanna know whats the best class for farming and whats the build...

Since its my first character, I think its best if its for farming..

Please do share your opinion here

thanks

Mages can solo all kind of bosses but you should have some decent gear which is at a high amplification level and you also need some skill. I can't give you a skill build since I don't play a Mage :D

Mages can solo all kind of bosses but you should have some decent gear which is at a high amplification level and you also need some skill. I can't give you a skill build since I don't play a Mage :D

I dont understand why you're talking about a mage xD he says he's new, he needs something to farm with as soon as possible. Mages take a lot of gold until they can solo. 160k just for vampirism runes...

I dont understand why you're talking about a mage xD he says he's new, he needs something to farm with as soon as possible. Mages take a lot of gold until they can solo. 160k just for vampirism runes...

But, but...he asked for the best class :cray: which is mage in my opinion :D

Edited by Julie

a shaman is a good idea, it's a healer class with decent dmg and the best healer in mc once u got totem. u'll have fun with it, and get invited in dg easy.

but most classes are good for farm.

Personnaly i started playing necro again a few months ago and i loooove it (#10 min event solo dg with lvl 18 necro 280 dmg :spiteful:)

For solo bosses, if they are small irselnort bosses a healer is good, but if u want solo laby bosses for instance u need very high amp no matter the class.

For these jobs the best classes are dk and mage. One got OP armor+life stealth, the other got ethereal barrier+dragon eye and AoE (mean u never lack energy for skills and u never miss, so with good life stealth u can heal urself a lot)

I think with OP healer u can do it as well, but it takes so long (u got less dmg and i think u need kill mobs to be able to survive but u got few AoE)

Anyway soloing bosses is just for fun.

If ever u make necro there is my built for PvE:

-poison spit 1/5

-deathly eye 1/5 (the hp reduction doesn't matter for me and the mdef reduction is not that high)

-nightmares 3/5 (i prefer having shield 5/5, 3/5 is already quite long sleep u usually don't need more for dg mobs, and teamates' AoE can destroy it)

-shield 5/5 (gives really good protection)

-heal 5/5 (of course)

for expert u need to take (only have one atm)

-poisonnous shield 1/4 (in my opinion u often have better skills to up than dmg skill. this skill gives good dmg and nice cooldown, moreover it's AoE and i think can't dodge)

-acid rain 1/4 (quite long cooldwon but really really good dmg, can't dodge, and huge area)

-dark power 4/4 (best skill for PvE in my opinion: at 4/4 gives perma +15% attack to u and all pt members in same location. i love this skill)

-infection ?/4 (this skill is dmg, and like u two other dmg skill it's AoE. idk exactly how the skill works but it dmg target and nearby ennemies+during a period of time dmg dealt to target increase. Since idk the dmg buff duration and power can't say if worth lvling up)

-panic ?/4 (the skill is nice to protect urself, but u need to spend points on it if u want more than like 1s duration. in my opinion make it 4/4 if u see it's not worth putting points in infection)

-mental pit: i think it's not that good in pve. it may be OP against bosses (55% dmg reduction) but i guess most bosses resist it, so if u go pve don't make this a priority

-fatefull connection: most ppl say it sucks. idk how the skill works (well i know the principle but we all do. i have no idea the maths). Some say it is very good at 4/4. I think don't buy it before u got poisonnous shield, rain, dark power, infection at least. I suggest u to test it on test server and see what the best to lvl up from infection, panic or this (for pve, all know panic and pit best for pvp)

U see necro got a lot of dmg, dmg buff, def decrease skill. I think it's the most powerful dmger among healers (in pve). Moreover many of skills are Dot skills or can't be dodge, wich is nice for pve.

Idk shaman expert very well.

Of course u need to lvl up heal, then the best skills for pve are earth protection and quake (for AoE), but i prefer make 5/5 blind and 3/5 quake.

As for expert i guess 4/4 healing totem is a must, then idk all the expert nor how they work sry.

i think lightning shield is better for pvp since u aren't supposed to take dmg in pve and i think it can be casted only on you.

lvling up fire totem bcs of op dmg may be good, or perhaps energy field if the buff is good (idk the values), bcs it is very very important to have mana in dgs.

I hope i have been helpful, good luck bro.

But, but...he asked for the best claas :cray: which is mage in my opinion :D

mage is of course the best dmg class for pve. good AoE, never miss, never lack mana.

but if u don't have an OP mage (like +8 at least with full life stealth) u can't do many things alone.

PS: looking at my previous post i wonder who's gonna read it XD

mage is of course the best dmg class for pve. good AoE, never miss, never lack mana.

but if u don't have an OP mage (like +8 at least with full life stealth) u can't do many things alone.

PS: looking at my previous post i wonder who's gonna read it XD

I did, quickly :D

But, but...he asked for the best claas :cray: which is mage in my opinion :D

I'm not saying it's a bad class. :D But it won't be suitable for begginers since you need a main character to finance the mage, gearing it up for solo purposes is expensive, and definitely isn't good for early-game farming.

• 1 month later...
On 4 maj 2016 at 11:27 AM, Whiteholy said:

If shaman def is 4k, earth protection 5/5 give bonus +50% def, 4k + 2k = 6k. Wow, its like barbarian and deathknight. 

I did some tests, Earth protection at 5/5 give +30% both mdef and pdef. 

:drinks:

Edited by JulieElven

• 10 months later...

I think for lower levels if they wanted to solo they should do this build

1/5ball 5/5 heal 1/5 earth protection(low level never have much def)3/5 lightning blast 3/5 earthquake. or put five on lightning blast this for lvl 14 shaman. 

Edited by Kilo