Legends pasts

Chapter 1: All beginnings

A long time ago, in a land called Arinar, two boys sat on a hillside looking out onto the vast plains of the chosen watching a Plainsmen patrol coming back to their barracks.

The boys were both young, barely 16, yet they were fine warriors. Garag, the smaller of the two, was an intellectual. He had mastered the arts of the arcane even at his young age, knowing a useful person is a person that lives longer. Vars, on the other hand, was quite the oposite to Garag. Where Garag had picked up books, Vars had been thrown an axe. His father  being a paladin legend, Vars was expected to submit to his heritage and follow in his fathers footsteps. This he did very reluctantly.

The boys both stood, streched out their legs after being sat for hours never wanting to get up incase they were spotted by the watchmen. They both ran down the hill, knowing full well none of the watchmen would be paying the slightest bit of attention to anything other than the returned patrol, and leapt through the porthole they had used to exit the fortress. They ran onto the path inside the fortress and both ran over to a man and woman just setting down. As the woman noticed the two, she smiled and waved. The man then noticed the two

and jumped from his seat. Vars embraced the man and said,"Well you took your time! We've been waiting for days!"

"We hit some rebels and had to take them out, nothing major put they just kept running! If their fathers would have seen them they'd be tur-"

The woman interupted him. "Your father needs to stop with his complaining and realise we fight with our weapons, not out tounges.".The boys both laughed."Hi mum," said Vars.

The boys both took a seat at the tavern table, eager to hear what tales the two had of their journey. Garag, a little more reserved than Vars, sat back and hoped to be unnoticed. This was his thing and no magic could compete.

"So tell us then dad, what did you see this time?" Said Vars. Although he didn't like the way of the axe, he was still an adventurous soul. He was ,at heart, a healer like his mother. "Maybe later," said his mother," If i hear about another rabid sheep or elemental i think im going to be sick...". Garag laughed quietly, unable to keep it in. Vars' mother turned to the smaller boy and smiled. " You good?"

"Im fine thanks," He replied,"Just glad your both back ok."

She smiled and then said " Before i forget, the general wants to see you. He seemed quite serious. I hope vars hasn't got you into any trouble again because if he has i'll-"

"He hasn't, i think i know what he wants." Garag said, protecting his friend. He stood, said goodbye to his adoptive parents and went to the generals quarters.

The general was in his office, studying a map of arinar. He traced the entire outer perimiter of the world and then frowned. The whole thing looked too perfect in a world so war torn and violent. He heard a knock at his door and said "Enter,". Garag, the young boy he had found on his doorstep all those years ago, entered.

"Ah Garag, ease take a seat," said the general, pointing to a velvet leather chair opposite his own. The boy sat, looking very nervous.

"Do you remember what i told you last time we spoke?", said the general, looking at the boy who was looking down at the floor. The boy nodded."Then you remember why we went out on that patrol and what we were searching for, yes?". The boy once again nodded, somehow finding interest in the apparent empty space of floor he had not took his eyes off since he had entered. The general took no notice of this as this was normal behavior for the yound arcane. "Then you will be pleased to know that we may have found something. We've finally tracked down where you were born. It wasn't easy, we had to find the exact redsand that was left on your hands when you were give-"

"What is it.", said the boy, not caring to listen to the general any longer."Pardon?", said the general, a bit aghast that he gad been interupted but again not suprised it was this boy.

"What is it. What's my name?". The general looked at the boy, who had stopped looking at the floor and was now staring directly at the general, stood, then went to his cabinet. He unlocked it, then slowly pulled out a piece of rag wrapped around something.All we found was scorch marks on the walls, and this." He unwrapped the rag and pulled out a slab of some strange rock. He placed it on the table for the boy to see. The rock was fairly large and very beautiful. Garag wasn't concerned about that though, he was drawn to the text in the center of the slab. His eyes widened and he murmured,"But that's impossible.".

"Yes, yes it is" Said the general. They both stared at the rock and Garag read it one more time. The text read "Life for the boy, life to Berengar."...

Thanks for reading and please Comment about the story  :tease:

I will be writing a chapter 2, and the interesting part is, you all decide what it should be about!

Comment with your plot idea for chapter 2 and if i like it ill put it in the poll. Top 5 go in poll, the plot with the most votes at the end of the poll will be written.  ;D

i bet your story still have lots of scene  ;D

nice story, but to enter the contest, you need write 8 more post.  :)

good luck! 8 more to go  ;D

cheers

i bet your story still have lots of scene  ;D

nice story, but to enter the contest, you need write 8 more post.  :)

good luck! 8 more to go  ;D

cheers

Thanks, just commenting on everything i can ;D

cool story, bro. it needs more firebreathing dragons, laser-eyed zombies and all other kind of stuff, tho :D

ok, seriously, its a nice story. Im not that much into lore but u just got me interested. Keep up the good work and good luck with contest :)

cool story, bro. it needs more firebreathing dragons, laser-eyed zombies and all other kind of stuff, tho :D

ok, seriously, its a nice story. Im not that much into lore but u just got me interested. Keep up the good work and good luck with contest :)

Thanks! I put alot of effort into this story so im glad somebody likes it  :yahoo:

(P.S, Chapter 16, Berengars brother turns into a firebreathing dragon ;D)

wtf  16 chapters?!!.! :shok:

Sarcasm  :facepalm: But if people do want me to carry on with the story, theres multiple ways it could go :good:

I like the fact the story happens in the lands of the chosens one. I would also like to read chapter ", but 16 chapters gonna take some time to read. :clapping:

I like the fact the story happens in the lands of the chosens one. I would also like to read chapter ", but 16 chapters gonna take some time to read. :clapping:

Dont worry, ill only post new chapters if the one before got some interest. The chapter 16 thing was just a joke  8) I wouldnt give the story away that easily, would i? :pardon:

Sarcasm  :facepalm: But if people do want me to carry on with the story, theres multiple ways it could go :good:

not sarcasm........ :aggressive:  jst slight disbelief.  :blush: ... since i never thought anybody would have 16 chap ready :wacko:

I will carry on with the story  ;D Ive made thread in tavern called "Legends pasts" and i will put  chapter 2 as a reply to it. Chapter 2 out on the 30th July  :yahoo:

THIS IS D LINK TO MY STORY.....PLZ READ N REVIEW

http://forum.warspear-online.com/index.php?topic=89741.0

I have read and it's pretty good. I put a comment on too just to be nice  :blush:

• 1 year later...